Timken Company (The) (TKR): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
TKR POWR Grades
- TKR scores best on the Momentum dimension, with a Momentum rank ahead of 97.68% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for TKR is in Quality, which has been heading down over the past 47 weeks.
- TKR ranks lowest in Growth; there it ranks in the 32nd percentile.
TKR Stock Summary
- With a one year PEG ratio of 132.43, Timken Co is expected to have a higher PEG ratio (a measure of how expensive a stock is relative to its expected earnings growth) than 81.62% of US stocks.
- TKR's went public 35.73 years ago, making it older than 92.6% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, TKR is more volatile than merely 13.05% of stocks we're observing.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Timken Co, a group of peers worth examining would be OSK, MWA, FCN, MTW, and THG.
- Visit TKR's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.timken.com.
TKR Valuation Summary
- TKR's price/sales ratio is 1.4; this is 57.58% lower than that of the median Industrials stock.
- TKR's EV/EBIT ratio has moved up 7.9 over the prior 243 months.
- Over the past 243 months, TKR's price/sales ratio has gone up 1.1.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for TKR.
TKR Growth Metrics
- The 2 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at 227.51%.
- Its 5 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 54.79%.
- The 5 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at 132.04%.
The table below shows TKR's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
TKR's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- TKR has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 88% of graded US stocks.
- TKR's asset turnover comes in at 0.766 -- ranking 41st of 104 Machinery stocks.
- TTC, SXI, and CGRN are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with TKR.
The table below shows TKR's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
TKR Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
TKR Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$67.48||52-week high||$92.39|
|Prev. close||$68.02||52-week low||$52.51|
|Day high||$68.07||Avg. volume||555,509|
|50-day MA||$75.15||Dividend yield||1.76%|
|200-day MA||$79.74||Market Cap||5.15B|
Timken Company (The) (TKR) Company Bio
Timken Company engineers, manufactures and markets bearings, transmissions, gearboxes, chain and related products, and offers a spectrum of powertrain rebuild and repair services. The company was founded in 1899 and is based in North Canton, Ohio.
Most Popular Stories View All
TKR Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
TKR Latest Social Stream
View Full TKR Social Stream
Latest TKR News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Timken Co that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate TKR as an investment opportunity.
Jefferies analyst Stephen Volkmann lowered Timken Co's (NYSE: TKR) price target to $100 from $110 (implying an upside of 46.2%) and maintained a Buy rating on the shares. Volkmann lowered the price target after the company announced that it expects sales and earnings to be lower in the second half than previously forecasted due to continued disruptions with customers, supply chain, and inflationary pressures. However, he notes that the company called out strong demand and expects the highlighted
While the ongoing momentum in its end markets remains intact, supply chain headwinds and higher costs are likely to play spoilsport and hurt Timken's (TKR) results in the second half of 2021.
The Timken Company (NYSE: TKR; www.timken.com), a global industrial leader in engineered bearings and power transmission products, today announced that it expects lower sales and earnings in the second half of 2021, compared to the company's prior expectations. Timken's results are being impacted by unabating customer and supply chain disruptions and related manufacturing inefficiencies, as well as continued inflationary pressures across the enterprise.
Today we'll do a simple run through of a valuation method used to estimate the attractiveness of The Timken Company...
Timken (TKR) reported earnings 30 days ago. What's next for the stock? We take a look at earnings estimates for some clues.
TKR Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|