Timken Company (The) (TKR): Price and Financial Metrics
TKR Stock Summary
- The capital turnover (annual revenue relative to shareholder's equity) for TKR is 2.18 -- better than 74.12% of US stocks.
- Timken Co's stock had its IPO on January 1, 1986, making it an older stock than 92.49% of US equities in our set.
- Of note is the ratio of Timken Co's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 84.13% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to TKR, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are FCN, FII, HRB, SIGI, and OSK.
- Visit TKR's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.timken.com.
TKR Stock Price Chart More Charts
TKR Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$54.99||52-week high||$58.78|
|Prev. close||$54.46||52-week low||$37.74|
|Day high||$55.46||Avg. volume||483,606|
|50-day MA||$55.26||Dividend yield||2.04%|
|200-day MA||$48.41||Market Cap||4.14B|
Timken Company (The) (TKR) Company Bio
Timken Company engineers, manufactures and markets bearings, transmissions, gearboxes, chain and related products, and offers a spectrum of powertrain rebuild and repair services. The company was founded in 1899 and is based in North Canton, Ohio.
TKR Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
We started the process of determining a valid price forecast for Timken Co with a discounted cash flow analysis -- the results of which can be found in the table below. To summarize, we found that Timken Co ranked in the 64st percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Moreover, under all the scenarios we modelled, the output consistently forecasted positive returns. The most interesting components of our discounted cash flow analysis for Timken Co ended up being:
- As a business, TKR is generating more cash flow than 73.46% of positive cash flow stocks in the Industrials.
- Timken Co's weighted average cost of capital (WACC) is 8%; for context, that number is higher than just 13.06% of tickers in our DCF set.
- Timken Co's effective tax rate, as measured by taxes paid relative to net income, is at 20 -- greater than 82.2% of US stocks with positive free cash flow.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|