Teekay Tankers Ltd. (TNK): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
TNK POWR Grades
- Quality is the dimension where TNK ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 71.58% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for TNK is in Momentum, which has been heading up over the past 31 weeks.
- TNK's current lowest rank is in the Growth metric (where it is better than 3.09% of US stocks).
TNK Stock Summary
- With a price/earnings ratio of 5.97, Teekay Tankers Ltd P/E ratio is greater than that of about only 6.73% of stocks in our set with positive earnings.
- The price/operating cash flow metric for Teekay Tankers Ltd is higher than just 4.84% of stocks in our set with a positive cash flow.
- Teekay Tankers Ltd's shareholder yield -- a measure of how much capital is returned to stockholders via dividends and buybacks -- is 79.72%, greater than the shareholder yield of 97.52% of stocks in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Teekay Tankers Ltd, a group of peers worth examining would be EURN, AGO, NMM, SM, and TAC.
- Visit TNK's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to tankers.
TNK Valuation Summary
In comparison to the median Energy stock, TNK's price/earnings ratio is 66.95% lower, now standing at 5.8.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for TNK.
TNK Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
TNK Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$15.55||52-week high||$16.82|
|Prev. close||$15.65||52-week low||$8.90|
|Day high||$15.99||Avg. volume||487,791|
|50-day MA||$14.21||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$12.44||Market Cap||524.63M|
Teekay Tankers Ltd. (TNK) Company Bio
Teekay Tankers Ltd. is engaged in the marine transportation of crude oil and refined petroleum products through the operation of its oil and product tankers worldwide. The company was founded in 2007 and is based in Hamilton, Bermuda.
TNK Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
We started the process of determining a valid price forecast for Teekay Tankers Ltd with a discounted cash flow analysis -- the results of which can be found in the table below. To summarize, we found that Teekay Tankers Ltd ranked in the 86th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. More precisely, our analysis suggests the stock is undervalued by approximately 627.5% on a DCF basis. The most interesting components of our discounted cash flow analysis for Teekay Tankers Ltd ended up being:
- 46% of the company's capital comes from equity, which is greater than just 13.35% of stocks in our cash flow based forecasting set.
- Teekay Tankers Ltd's weighted average cost of capital (WACC) is 9%; for context, that number is higher than only 17.04% of tickers in our DCF set.
- The company's cost of debt, derived from its interest coverage, tax rate, and market capitalization, is greater than only 22.88% of stocks in its sector (Energy).
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
TNK Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
TNK Latest Social Stream
View Full TNK Social Stream
Latest TNK News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Teekay Tankers Ltd that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate TNK as an investment opportunity.
Photo by CHUNYIP WONG/E+ via Getty ImagesInvestment Thesis The Bermuda-based Teekay Tankers Ltd. (TNK) released its first-quarter 2021 results on Feb. 25, 2021. The company posted a lower-than-expected loss of $0.63 per diluted share compared to an income of $3.15 per diluted share the same quarter a year ago. However,...
HAMILTON, Bermuda, May 27, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Teekay Corporation (Teekay or the Company) (NYSE:TK) announces the completion of the remaining conditions precedent relating to the previously announced Decommissioning Services Agreement (DSA) with CNR International (UK) Limited (CNRI), on behalf of the Banff joint venture, whereby Teekay has engaged CNRI to decommission the Company’s remaining subsea infrastructure located within the CNRI-operated Banff Field. As part of the DSA, which is now in full effect, CNRI has assumed full responsibility for Teekay’s remaining asset retirement obligations (Phase II) for the above-mentioned facilities, which should enable CNRI to complete Teekay’s Phase II work in conjunction with their other decommissioning work at the Banff Field in a more ef...
Teekay Tankers (TNK) delivered earnings and revenue surprises of 7.14% and -9.17%, respectively, for the quarter ended March 2021. Do the numbers hold clues to what lies ahead for the stock?
NEW YORK, NY / ACCESSWIRE / May 13, 2021 / Teekay Tankers Ltd. (NYSE:TNK) will be discussing their earnings results in their 2021 First Quarter Earnings call to be held on May 13, 2021 at 12:00 PM Eastern Time.
Highlights Reported GAAP net loss of $21.4 million, or $0.63 per share; and adjusted net loss(1) of $22.0 million, or $0.65 per share, in the first quarter of 2021 (excluding items listed in Appendix A to this release).As part of further reducing Teekay Tankers' cost of capital, in March 2021, the Company declared additional options to repurchase six vessels that are currently on long-term sale-leaseback financings for $129 million, which are expected to close in September 2021.In March 2021, closed the previously-announced sale of two unencumbered Aframax tankers for a total of approximately $32 million.Maintained a strong balance sheet with a liquidity position of approximately $372 million and net debt to capitalization(3) of 32 percent as at March 31, 2021. HAMILTON, Bermuda, May 13...
TNK Price Returns