Trex Company, Inc. (TREX): Price and Financial Metrics
TREX Stock Summary
- With a one year PEG ratio of 232.55, Trex Co Inc is expected to have a higher PEG ratio (a measure of how expensive a stock is relative to its expected earnings growth) than 85.58% of US stocks.
- Price to trailing twelve month operating cash flow for TREX is currently 52.65, higher than 91.26% of US stocks with positive operating cash flow.
- Of note is the ratio of Trex Co Inc's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 87.82% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Trex Co Inc are MANT, ROCK, HCSG, LOPE, and MMS.
- TREX's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Trex Co Inc's official web site, go to www.trex.com.
TREX Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
TREX Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$89.28||52-week high||$107.64|
|Prev. close||$88.24||52-week low||$28.11|
|Day high||$90.17||Avg. volume||803,296|
|50-day MA||$93.48||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$75.98||Market Cap||10.34B|
Trex Company, Inc. (TREX) Company Bio
Trex Company manufactures and distributes wood/plastic composite products, and related accessories primarily for the residential and commercial decking, and railing applications in the United States. The company was founded in 1996 and is based in Winchester, Virginia.
TREX Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
We started the process of determining a valid price forecast for Trex Co Inc with a discounted cash flow analysis -- the results of which can be found in the table below. To summarize, we found that Trex Co Inc ranked in the 0th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Our DCF analysis suggests the stock is overvalued by about 100%. In terms of the factors that were most noteworthy in this DCF analysis for TREX, they are:
- The company's debt burden, as measured by earnings divided by interest payments, is -233.87 -- which is good for besting only 0% of its peer stocks (US stocks in the Basic Materials sector with positive cash flow).
- The business' balance sheet reveals debt to be 0% of the company's capital (with equity being the remaining amount). Approximately only 3.65% of US stocks with free cash flow have a lower reliance on debt in their capital structure.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
TREX Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
TREX Latest Social Stream
View Full TREX Social Stream
Latest TREX News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Trex Co Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate TREX as an investment opportunity.
In this article we will take a look at the best manufacturing stocks to buy now. You can skip our detailed analysis of the manufacturing industry’s outlook for 2021 and some of the major growth catalysts for manufacturing stocks and go directly to 5 Best Manufacturing Stocks To Buy Now. Manufacturing stocks languished throughout 2020, […]
Trex Company, Inc. (TREX) Q4 2020 Earnings Conference Call February 22, 2021, 17:00 ET Company Participants Viktoriia Nakhla - IR William Gupp - SVP, General Counsel & Secretary Bryan Fairbanks - President, CEO & Director Dennis Schemm - VP & CFO Conference Call Participants Stanley Elliott - Stifel, Nicolaus &...
Trex Co. reported 4Q net sales of $228 million that exceeded analysts’ expectations of $216 million. The manufacturer of wood-alternative decking and railing saw a year-over-year improvement of 39% in its top-line, reflecting solid demand across all of its product lines. Net sales of the company's residential products jumped 40% to $214 million. Commercial products contributed $15 million to consolidated 4Q sales. Trex’s (TREX) 4Q earnings jumped 19% to $0.37 per share year-over-year and surpassed Street estimates by a penny. The company’s gross margin contracted 270 basis points to 40.5% year-on-year mainly due to COVID-19 management costs and capacity ramp-up related costs at its Virginia facility.
Shares of composite-decking company Trex (NYSE: TREX) were falling today after the company reported full-year 2020 results. As a result, Trex stock was down 9% for the day. Trex benefited throughout 2020 from people staying home more and making upgrades to their homes.
Looking at Q4, Trex Co (NYSE:TREX) earned $58.17 million, a 2.16% increase from the preceding quarter. Trex Co's sales decreased to $228.29 million, a 1.39% change since Q3. In Q3, Trex Co earned $56.94 million, whereas sales reached $231.50 million. What Is Return On Capital Employed? Changes in earnings and sales indicate shifts in Trex Co's Return on Capital Employed, a measure of yearly pre-tax profit relative to capital employed by a business. Generally, a higher ROCE suggests successful growth of a company and is a sign of higher earnings per share in the future. In Q4, Trex Co posted an ROCE of 0.1%. It is important to keep in mind ROCE evaluates past performance and is not used as a predictive tool. It is a good measure of a company's recent performance, but several factors coul...
TREX Price Returns
Continue Researching TREXHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on Trex Co Inc's stock as an investment opportunity:
Get Free Updates
Join thousands of investors who get the latest news, insights and top rated picks from StockNews.com!