TripAdvisor, Inc. (TRIP): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
TRIP POWR Grades
- TRIP scores best on the Quality dimension, with a Quality rank ahead of 88.85% of US stocks.
- TRIP's strongest trending metric is Stability; it's been moving up over the last 179 days.
- TRIP ranks lowest in Sentiment; there it ranks in the 3rd percentile.
TRIP Stock Summary
- The price/operating cash flow metric for TripAdvisor Inc is higher than 84.83% of stocks in our set with a positive cash flow.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of 52.47%, TripAdvisor Inc's debt growth rate surpasses 83.98% of about US stocks.
- Revenue growth over the past 12 months for TripAdvisor Inc comes in at 49.34%, a number that bests 81.15% of the US stocks we're tracking.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to TripAdvisor Inc, a group of peers worth examining would be NVVE, CASI, SILK, QTRX, and TWOU.
- Visit TRIP's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.tripadvisor.com.
TRIP Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Industrials stock, TRIP's price/sales ratio is 136.36% higher, now standing at 7.8.
- Over the past 118 months, TRIP's price/sales ratio has gone up 1.3.
- TRIP's price/sales ratio has moved up 1.3 over the prior 118 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for TRIP.
TRIP Growth Metrics
- The 4 year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at -57.32%.
- The 4 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at 22.21%.
- Its 5 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at -48.15%.
The table below shows TRIP's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
TRIP's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- TRIP has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 86.22% of graded US stocks.
- TRIP's asset turnover comes in at 0.291 -- ranking 440th of 563 Business Services stocks.
- MODN, VVI, and III are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with TRIP.
The table below shows TRIP's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
TRIP Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
TRIP Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$23.52||52-week high||$44.99|
|Prev. close||$24.65||52-week low||$20.25|
|Day high||$24.76||Avg. volume||2,367,011|
|50-day MA||$25.40||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$29.22||Market Cap||3.28B|
TripAdvisor, Inc. (TRIP) Company Bio
TripAdvisor operates as an online travel company. The company operates through two segments, Hotel and Other. Its travel research platform aggregates reviews and opinions about accommodations, destinations, activities and attractions, and restaurants that enable consumers to plan and book hotels, vacation rentals, flights, activities and attractions, and restaurants. The company was founded in 2000 and is based in Newton, Massachusetts.
Most Popular Stories View All
TRIP Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
TRIP Latest Social Stream
View Full TRIP Social Stream
Latest TRIP News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about TripAdvisor Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate TRIP as an investment opportunity.
Today, Tripadvisor, the world's largest travel platform, announced the second of its annual Travelers' Choice® Awards for 2022, the Best of the Best Beaches. Following the company announcing the hottest Destinations for 2022 in January, Tripadvisor is now revealing the Beaches around the world that travelers say are making a splash. Just in time as winter in the Northern Hemisphere comes with continuous cold fronts, Tripadvisor is sharing a dose of sunshine with its highly anticipated annual ran
The following slide deck was published by TripAdvisor, Inc. in conjunction with their 2021 Q4 earnings call....
TripAdvisor, Inc. (TRIP) Q4 2021 Earnings Conference Call February 17, 2022 8:30 AM ET Company Participants Angela White – Vice President of Investor Relations Steve Kaufer – Chief Executive Officer Ernst Teunissen – Chief Financial Officer and Chief Executive, Viator, TheFork and Cruise Critic Conference Call Participants Naved Khan –...
Someone with a lot of money to spend has taken a bearish stance on TripAdvisor (NASDAQ: TRIP ). And retail traders should know. We noticed this today when the big position showed up on publicly available options history that we track here at Benzinga. Whether this is an institution or just a wealthy individual, we don''t know. But when something this big happens with TRIP, it often means somebody knows something is about to happen. Today, Benzinga ''s options scanner spotted 12 options trades for TripAdvisor . This isn''t normal. The overall sentiment of these big-money traders is split between 41% bullish and 58%, bearish. Out of all of the options we uncovered, there was 1 put, for a total amount of $48,332, and … Full story available on Benzinga.com
TripAdvisor stock dropped as it reported fourth-quarter results early Thursday that missed estimates on the top and bottom lines.
TRIP Price Returns