TripAdvisor, Inc. (TRIP): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
TRIP POWR Grades
- Growth is the dimension where TRIP ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 86.75% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for TRIP is in Growth, which has been heading up over the past 52 weeks.
- TRIP's current lowest rank is in the Sentiment metric (where it is better than 0.17% of US stocks).
TRIP Stock Summary
- With a one year PEG ratio of 194.33, TripAdvisor Inc is expected to have a higher PEG ratio (a measure of how expensive a stock is relative to its expected earnings growth) than 86.25% of US stocks.
- Price to trailing twelve month operating cash flow for TRIP is currently 134.42, higher than 96.84% of US stocks with positive operating cash flow.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of 90%, TripAdvisor Inc's debt growth rate surpasses 90.12% of about US stocks.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to TripAdvisor Inc, a group of peers worth examining would be GKOS, DLB, NBIX, ICHR, and IRWD.
- TRIP's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit TripAdvisor Inc's official web site, go to www.tripadvisor.com.
TRIP Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Industrials stock, TRIP's price/sales ratio is 136.36% higher, now standing at 7.8.
- Over the past 118 months, TRIP's price/sales ratio has gone up 1.3.
- TRIP's price/sales ratio has moved up 1.3 over the prior 118 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for TRIP.
TRIP Growth Metrics
- Its 2 year price growth rate is now at -53.82%.
- Its 4 year price growth rate is now at -71.61%.
- The 3 year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at -16.67%.
The table below shows TRIP's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
TRIP's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- TRIP has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 86.22% of graded US stocks.
- TRIP's asset turnover comes in at 0.291 -- ranking 440th of 563 Business Services stocks.
- MODN, VVI, and III are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with TRIP.
The table below shows TRIP's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
TRIP Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
TRIP Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$26.75||52-week high||$64.95|
|Prev. close||$28.21||52-week low||$25.06|
|Day high||$26.81||Avg. volume||2,986,069|
|50-day MA||$33.55||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$40.71||Market Cap||3.70B|
TripAdvisor, Inc. (TRIP) Company Bio
TripAdvisor operates as an online travel company. The company operates through two segments, Hotel and Other. Its travel research platform aggregates reviews and opinions about accommodations, destinations, activities and attractions, and restaurants that enable consumers to plan and book hotels, vacation rentals, flights, activities and attractions, and restaurants. The company was founded in 2000 and is based in Newton, Massachusetts.
Most Popular Stories View All
TRIP Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
TRIP Latest Social Stream
View Full TRIP Social Stream
Latest TRIP News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about TripAdvisor Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate TRIP as an investment opportunity.
Lindsay Nelson, who was hired by the travel metasearch company in 2018, plans to leave her role as chief brand and marketing officer in January.
Moody's Senior Vice President Jonathan Root joins Yahoo Finance joins Yahoo Finance to discuss the travel industry outlook ahead of the holiday season as COVID-19 cases rise.
Seasoned investors use the Thanksgiving season as an opportunity to realign their portfolios and review what stocks to buy.
Lindsay Nelson, the Tripadvisor chief experience and brand officer who incubated the moribund Tripadvisor Plus subscription program and shepherded signing on members, will leave her post in January, the company announced Friday. A corporate filing characterized it as a “termination.” The statement came less than two weeks after the company announced Tripadvisor CEO Steve Kaufer […]
Tripadvisor: More than half of Americans to travel this winter - Hotel Business | Hotel Business As the autumn season is sadly winding dawn, leaves are slowly beginning to fall, and all focus shifts to the holidays, Tripadvisor’s new Winter Travel Index divulges where Americans are heading for the next season. The final installment of the Tripadvisor Travel Index for 2021, which is based on first-party site data and consumer sentiment […] Tripadvisor: More than half of Americans to travel this winter - Hotel Business appeared first on Hotel Business | Hotel Business - The leading source of hospitality news for owners, developers, designers, brokers, brands, management companies, lenders, REITs & asset managers.
TRIP Price Returns