Transcat, Inc. (TRNS): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
TRNS POWR Grades
- Sentiment is the dimension where TRNS ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 95.29% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for TRNS is in Value, which has been heading down over the past 48 weeks.
- TRNS ranks lowest in Value; there it ranks in the 43rd percentile.
TRNS Stock Summary
- TRNS's went public 31.52 years ago, making it older than 83.95% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- With a price/earnings ratio of 44.87, Transcat Inc P/E ratio is greater than that of about 79.52% of stocks in our set with positive earnings.
- Of note is the ratio of Transcat Inc's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 86.28% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Transcat Inc, a group of peers worth examining would be AVD, HWKN, SMP, HELE, and HCSG.
- Visit TRNS's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.transcat.com.
TRNS Valuation Summary
- TRNS's price/sales ratio is 2.7; this is 18.18% lower than that of the median Industrials stock.
- TRNS's price/sales ratio has moved up 2.5 over the prior 243 months.
- Over the past 243 months, TRNS's price/sales ratio has gone up 2.5.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for TRNS.
TRNS Growth Metrics
- Its 4 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at -22.15%.
- Its 3 year price growth rate is now at 143.76%.
- The year over year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at 12.22%.
The table below shows TRNS's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
TRNS's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- TRNS has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 65.25% of graded US stocks.
- TRNS's asset turnover comes in at 1.401 -- ranking 3rd of 75 Measuring and Control Equipment stocks.
- FARO, SMIT, and BRKR are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with TRNS.
The table below shows TRNS's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
TRNS Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
TRNS Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$64.50||52-week high||$68.40|
|Prev. close||$64.16||52-week low||$26.05|
|Day high||$64.87||Avg. volume||35,513|
|50-day MA||$64.41||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$51.35||Market Cap||481.82M|
Transcat, Inc. (TRNS) Company Bio
Transcat, Inc. provides calibration and laboratory instrument services in the United States, Canada, and internationally. It operates in two segments, Service and Distribution. The Service segment offers calibration, repair, inspection, analytical qualifications, preventative maintenance, consulting, and other related services. The company was founded in 1964 and is based in Rochester, New York.
Most Popular Stories View All
TRNS Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
TRNS Latest Social Stream
View Full TRNS Social Stream
Latest TRNS News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Transcat Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate TRNS as an investment opportunity.
ST vs. TRNS: Which Stock Is the Better Value Option?
ROCHESTER, N.Y., September 07, 2021--Transcat, Inc. (NASDAQ: TRNS), a leading provider of accredited calibration, repair, inspection and laboratory instrument services and value-added distributor of professional grade handheld test, measurement and control instrumentation, announced that Lee D. Rudow, Chief Executive Officer, and Mark A. Doheny, Chief Financial Officer, will present at the H.C. Wainwright 23rd Annual Global Investment Conference, taking place virtually September 13-15, 2021.
We Think Shareholders Will Probably Be Generous With Transcat, Inc.'s (NASDAQ:TRNS) CEO Compensation
The performance at Transcat, Inc. ( NASDAQ:TRNS ) has been quite strong recently and CEO Lee Rudow has played a role in...
Transcat, Inc. (NASDAQ: TRNS) has purchased Cal Opex Limited (d/b/a NEXA Enterprise Asset Management) for $22.5 million, consisting of $20.25 million in cash $2.25 million in common stock. Additionally, there are potential earn-out payments of up to $7.5 million over the next four years based upon NEXA achieving specific annual revenue and EBITDA goals. Privately-held Cal Opex, founded in Ireland in 2015, provides calibration optimization and other technical solutions to improve asset and reliab
Transcat Expands Life Science Service Capabilities and Geographic Reach into Ireland with Acquisition of NEXA Enterprise Asset Management
ROCHESTER, N.Y., August 31, 2021--Transcat, Inc. (Nasdaq: TRNS) ("Transcat" or the "Company"), a leading provider of accredited calibration, repair, inspection and laboratory instrument services and value-added distributor of professional grade handheld test, measurement and control instrumentation, announced that it has purchased all of the capital stock of privately-held Cal Opex Limited (d/b/a NEXA Enterprise Asset Management), effective August 31, 2021. The purchase price of $22.5 million co
TRNS Price Returns