Transcat, Inc. (TRNS): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
TRNS POWR Grades
- Stability is the dimension where TRNS ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 72.94% of US stocks.
- TRNS's strongest trending metric is Stability; it's been moving down over the last 179 days.
- TRNS ranks lowest in Value; there it ranks in the 30th percentile.
TRNS Stock Summary
- TRNS's went public 32.03 years ago, making it older than 84.38% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- TRNS's current price/earnings ratio is 51.2, which is higher than 85.74% of US stocks with positive earnings.
- Of note is the ratio of Transcat Inc's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 85.61% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Transcat Inc are ODC, GDOT, HWKN, FLXS, and SMID.
- Visit TRNS's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.transcat.com.
TRNS Valuation Summary
- TRNS's price/sales ratio is 2.7; this is 18.18% lower than that of the median Industrials stock.
- TRNS's price/sales ratio has moved up 2.5 over the prior 243 months.
- Over the past 243 months, TRNS's price/sales ratio has gone up 2.5.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for TRNS.
TRNS Growth Metrics
- The year over year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at 104.47%.
- The 2 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at -13.52%.
- Its 4 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 95.61%.
The table below shows TRNS's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
TRNS's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- TRNS has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 63.38% of graded US stocks.
- TRNS's asset turnover comes in at 1.383 -- ranking 3rd of 75 Measuring and Control Equipment stocks.
- TER, SMIT, and PBIO are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with TRNS.
The table below shows TRNS's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
TRNS Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
TRNS Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$56.65||52-week high||$101.05|
|Prev. close||$56.81||52-week low||$55.40|
|Day high||$57.05||Avg. volume||46,404|
|50-day MA||$66.23||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$77.40||Market Cap||427.48M|
Transcat, Inc. (TRNS) Company Bio
Transcat, Inc. provides calibration and laboratory instrument services in the United States, Canada, and internationally. It operates in two segments, Service and Distribution. The Service segment offers calibration, repair, inspection, analytical qualifications, preventative maintenance, consulting, and other related services. The company was founded in 1964 and is based in Rochester, New York.
Most Popular Stories View All
TRNS Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
TRNS Latest Social Stream
View Full TRNS Social Stream
Latest TRNS News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Transcat Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate TRNS as an investment opportunity.
AMOT vs. TRNS: Which Stock Is the Better Value Option?
Transcat (NASDAQ:TRNS) sheds 11% this week, as yearly returns fall more in line with earnings growth
Transcat, Inc. ( NASDAQ:TRNS ) shareholders have seen the share price descend 14% over the month. But over five years...
The following slide deck was published by Transcat, Inc. in conjunction with their 2022 Q3 earnings call....
No summary available.
Transcat, Inc. (TRNS) delivered earnings and revenue surprises of -8.70% and 0.51%, respectively, for the quarter ended December 2021. Do the numbers hold clues to what lies ahead for the stock?
TRNS Price Returns