Transcat, Inc. (TRNS): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
TRNS POWR Grades
- TRNS scores best on the Stability dimension, with a Stability rank ahead of 73.1% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for TRNS is in Momentum, which has been heading down over the past 178 days.
- TRNS ranks lowest in Value; there it ranks in the 15th percentile.
TRNS Stock Summary
- TRNS's current price/earnings ratio is 61.51, which is higher than 91.18% of US stocks with positive earnings.
- Price to trailing twelve month operating cash flow for TRNS is currently 40.5, higher than 88.58% of US stocks with positive operating cash flow.
- Of note is the ratio of TRANSCAT INC's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 86.8% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to TRNS, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are RH, FSS, NAPA, NDAQ, and QCRH.
- Visit TRNS's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.transcat.com.
TRNS Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Industrials stock, TRNS's EV/EBIT ratio is 178.74% higher, now standing at 48.5.
- Over the past 243 months, TRNS's price/sales ratio has gone up 2.7.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for TRNS.
TRNS Growth Metrics
- Its 5 year price growth rate is now at 146.67%.
- Its 4 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at -10.73%.
- Its 2 year price growth rate is now at 129.02%.
The table below shows TRNS's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
TRNS's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- TRNS has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 63.38% of graded US stocks.
- TRNS's asset turnover comes in at 1.383 -- ranking 3rd of 75 Measuring and Control Equipment stocks.
- TER, SMIT, and PBIO are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with TRNS.
The table below shows TRNS's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
TRNS Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
TRNS Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$79.86||52-week high||$97.15|
|Prev. close||$83.61||52-week low||$50.32|
|Day high||$83.64||Avg. volume||41,290|
|50-day MA||$76.55||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$72.04||Market Cap||603.58M|
Transcat, Inc. (TRNS) Company Bio
Transcat, Inc. provides calibration and laboratory instrument services in the United States, Canada, and internationally. It operates in two segments, Service and Distribution. The Service segment offers calibration, repair, inspection, analytical qualifications, preventative maintenance, consulting, and other related services. The company was founded in 1964 and is based in Rochester, New York.
Most Popular Stories View All
TRNS Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
TRNS Latest Social Stream
View Full TRNS Social Stream
Latest TRNS News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about TRANSCAT INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate TRNS as an investment opportunity.
To find a multi-bagger stock, what are the underlying trends we should look for in a business? Typically, we'll want to...
Transcat, Inc. to Participate in the 13th Annual Craig-Hallum Alpha Select Conference in New York, NY
ROCHESTER, N.Y., November 04, 2022--Transcat, Inc. to Participate in the 13th Annual Craig-Hallum Alpha Select Conference in New York, NY
Transcat, Inc. to Present at 14th Annual Southwest IDEAS Investor Conference on November 16th in Dallas, TX
ROCHESTER, N.Y., November 04, 2022--Transcat, Inc. to Present at 14th Annual Southwest IDEAS Investor Conference on November 16th in Dallas, TX
Analysts Offer Insights on Technology Companies: Kopin (KOPN), Transcat (TRNS) and AUTO1 Group SE (OtherATOGF)
There's a lot to be optimistic about in the Technology sector as 3 analysts just weighed in on Kopin (KOPN – Research Report), Transcat (TRNS – Research Report) and AUTO1 Group SE (ATOGF – Research Report) with bullish sentiments. Kopin (KOPN) H.C. Wainwright analyst Kevin Dede reiterated a Buy rating on Kopin today and set a price target of $6.00. The company's shares closed last Tuesday at $1.06, close to its 52-week low of $0.97. According to TipRanks.
Does the November share price for Transcat, Inc. ( NASDAQ:TRNS ) reflect what it's really worth? Today, we will...
TRNS Price Returns