Turquoise Hill Resources Ltd. Ordinary Shares (TRQ): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
TRQ POWR Grades
- Value is the dimension where TRQ ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 79.83% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for TRQ is in Momentum, which has been heading down over the past 52 weeks.
- TRQ's current lowest rank is in the Sentiment metric (where it is better than 6.67% of US stocks).
TRQ Stock Summary
- With a one year PEG ratio of 0.94, Turquoise Hill Resources Ltd is expected to have a higher PEG ratio (a measure of how expensive a stock is relative to its expected earnings growth) than only 4.51% of US stocks.
- Of note is the ratio of Turquoise Hill Resources Ltd's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; merely 4.64% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- Over the past twelve months, TRQ has reported earnings growth of 602.49%, putting it ahead of 96.58% of US stocks in our set.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to TRQ, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are OMP, OMF, ATCO, FR, and NWN.
- Visit TRQ's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.turquoisehill.com.
TRQ Valuation Summary
- TRQ's price/earnings ratio is 5.1; this is 74.37% lower than that of the median Basic Materials stock.
- TRQ's price/sales ratio has moved down 27 over the prior 217 months.
- TRQ's price/earnings ratio has moved up 88.9 over the prior 217 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for TRQ.
TRQ Growth Metrics
- The 4 year price growth rate now stands at -82.58%.
- The 5 year revenue growth rate now stands at -42.26%.
- Its 2 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at -159.49%.
The table below shows TRQ's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
TRQ's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- TRQ has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 42.69% of graded US stocks.
- TRQ's asset turnover comes in at 0.137 -- ranking 28th of 42 Non-Metallic and Industrial Metal Mining stocks.
- SCCO, SND, and MDU are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with TRQ.
The table below shows TRQ's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
TRQ Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
TRQ Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$14.50||52-week high||$21.89|
|Prev. close||$14.84||52-week low||$9.61|
|Day high||$14.87||Avg. volume||941,844|
|50-day MA||$13.59||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$15.70||Market Cap||2.92B|
Turquoise Hill Resources Ltd. Ordinary Shares (TRQ) Company Bio
Turquoise Resources operates as a copper-gold mining company. The company was founded in 1994 and is based in Vancouver, Canada.
Most Popular Stories View All
TRQ Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
TRQ Latest Social Stream
View Full TRQ Social Stream
Latest TRQ News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Turquoise Hill Resources Ltd that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate TRQ as an investment opportunity.
NAPLES, Fla., November 22, 2021--Pentwater Capital Management LP ("Pentwater"), the largest minority shareholder of Turquoise Hill Resources Ltd. ("Turquoise Hill") (TSX:TRQ) (NYSE:TRQ), sent the below letter to TRQ Director George Burns. Mr. Burns has not responded to explain his role in the ongoing and likely future breaches of fiduciary duties by the Turquoise Hill Board towards its minority shareholders.
NAPLES, Fla., November 18, 2021--Pentwater Capital Management LP ("Pentwater"), the largest minority shareholder of Turquoise Hill Resources Ltd. ("Turquoise Hill") (TSX:TRQ) (NYSE:TRQ), wrote the following letter to Rio Tinto plc ("Rio Tinto" or "Rio") (LSE:RIO) Director Mr. Ben Wyatt and the rest of the Rio Tinto Board. Unfortunately, neither Mr. Wyatt nor any other member of the Rio Tinto Board has responded to explain the continued corporate governance breaches Rio Tinto continues to inflict
Pelangio Exploration (OTCMKTS:PGXPF) and Turquoise Hill Resources (NYSE:TRQ) are both basic materials companies, but which is the superior investment? We will compare the two companies based on the strength of their dividends, valuation, institutional ownership, risk, profitability, earnings and analyst recommendations. Risk and Volatility Pelangio Exploration has a beta of 0.77, indicating that its share 
Pentwater Capital Management LP: Pentwater Issues Public Letter on Corporate Governance to Rio Tinto Director Ngaire Woods
Pentwater Capital Management LP ("Pentwater"), the largest minority shareholder of Turquoise Hill Resources Ltd. ("Turquoise Hill") (TSX:TRQ) (NYSE:TRQ), wrote the following letter to Rio Tinto pl
NAPLES, Fla., November 11, 2021--Pentwater Capital Management LP ("Pentwater"), the largest minority shareholder of Turquoise Hill Resources Ltd. ("Turquoise Hill") (TSX:TRQ) (NYSE:TRQ), wrote the following letter to Rio Tinto plc ("Rio Tinto" or "Rio") (LSE:RIO) Director Ms. Ngaire Woods, CBE and the rest of the Rio Tinto Board. Unfortunately, the failure of Ms. Woods (or any other member of the Rio Tinto Board) to respond to Pentwater’s letter is evidence that Rio Tinto continues to inflict se
TRQ Price Returns
Continue Researching TRQWant to see what other sources are saying about Turquoise Hill Resources Ltd's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
Turquoise Hill Resources Ltd (TRQ) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Turquoise Hill Resources Ltd (TRQ) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Turquoise Hill Resources Ltd (TRQ) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch