Trupanion, Inc. (TRUP): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
TRUP POWR Grades
- TRUP scores best on the Momentum dimension, with a Momentum rank ahead of 78.33% of US stocks.
- TRUP's strongest trending metric is Momentum; it's been moving up over the last 179 days.
- TRUP ranks lowest in Value; there it ranks in the 3rd percentile.
TRUP Stock Summary
- Price to trailing twelve month operating cash flow for TRUP is currently 532.09, higher than 98.95% of US stocks with positive operating cash flow.
- The ratio of debt to operating expenses for Trupanion Inc is higher than it is for about merely 0.5% of US stocks.
- Over the past twelve months, TRUP has reported earnings growth of 710.17%, putting it ahead of 97.05% of US stocks in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Trupanion Inc, a group of peers worth examining would be HYRE, RMO, UAVS, AEYE, and YEXT.
- Visit TRUP's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.trupanion.com.
TRUP Valuation Summary
- TRUP's price/sales ratio is 6.1; this is 90.62% higher than that of the median Financial Services stock.
- Over the past 86 months, TRUP's EV/EBIT ratio has gone down 98.7.
- Over the past 86 months, TRUP's price/sales ratio has gone up 3.1.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for TRUP.
TRUP Growth Metrics
- Its 3 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 59.89%.
- Its year over year price growth rate is now at 187.79%.
- Its year over year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 387.22%.
The table below shows TRUP's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
TRUP's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- TRUP has a Quality Grade of D, ranking ahead of 6.84% of graded US stocks.
- TRUP's asset turnover comes in at 1.28 -- ranking 12th of 133 Insurance stocks.
- PRI, HIG, and KMPR are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with TRUP.
The table below shows TRUP's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
TRUP Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
TRUP Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$62.76||52-week high||$158.25|
|Prev. close||$64.50||52-week low||$54.68|
|Day high||$65.89||Avg. volume||476,598|
|50-day MA||$77.22||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$95.89||Market Cap||2.56B|
Trupanion, Inc. (TRUP) Company Bio
Trupanion, Inc. operates as a direct-to-consumer monthly subscription service provider of a medical insurance plan for cats and dogs in the United States, Canada, and Puerto Rico. The company was formerly known as Vetinsurance International, Inc. changed its name to Trupanion, Inc. in 2013. The company was founded in 2000 and is based in Seattle, Washington.
Most Popular Stories View All
TRUP Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
TRUP Latest Social Stream
View Full TRUP Social Stream
Latest TRUP News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Trupanion Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate TRUP as an investment opportunity.
Trupanion (TRUP) stock is rising ~6% after BofA Securities upgrades the pet care insurer to Buy from Neutral, saying its recent 17% drop is overblown.Trupanion (TRUP) shares dropped…
Aflac, Unum Group Amerisafe, Employers Holdings and Trupanion are included in this blog.
Higher claims frequency leading to upward pricing pressure, coupled with adoption of technology will boost performance of Zacks Accident and Health Insurance industry insurance players like AFL, UNM, TRUP, EIG and AMSF.
While Trupanion (NASDAQ:TRUP) shareholders have made 377% in 5 years, increasing losses might now be front of mind as stock sheds 14% this week
Trupanion, Inc. ( NASDAQ:TRUP ) shareholders might understandably be very concerned that the share price has dropped...
Somewhat disappointing quarterly results, combined with analyst price target cuts, sapped the value of the stock.
TRUP Price Returns