Trupanion, Inc. (TRUP): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
TRUP POWR Grades
- Momentum is the dimension where TRUP ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 27.48% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for TRUP is in Quality, which has been heading down over the past 31 weeks.
- TRUP ranks lowest in Sentiment; there it ranks in the 1st percentile.
TRUP Stock Summary
- The ratio of debt to operating expenses for Trupanion Inc is higher than it is for about just 0.53% of US stocks.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of -100%, Trupanion Inc's debt growth rate surpasses merely 0% of about US stocks.
- In terms of twelve month growth in earnings before interest and taxes, Trupanion Inc is reporting a growth rate of 20,256.25%; that's higher than 99.93% of US stocks.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Trupanion Inc, a group of peers worth examining would be IMTX, DAKT, AOSL, LPX, and LPTH.
- Visit TRUP's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.trupanion.com.
TRUP Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Financial Services stock, TRUP's price/sales ratio is 616.67% higher, now standing at 8.6.
- Over the past 85 months, TRUP's price/earnings ratio has gone down 248.9.
- Over the past 85 months, TRUP's price/sales ratio has gone up 5.6.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for TRUP.
TRUP Growth Metrics
- Its 2 year price growth rate is now at 1.7%.
- The 5 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at 31.97%.
- Its year over year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 11.66%.
The table below shows TRUP's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
TRUP Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
TRUP Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$115.93||52-week high||$126.53|
|Prev. close||$114.09||52-week low||$50.12|
|Day high||$116.09||Avg. volume||368,054|
|50-day MA||$105.20||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$97.08||Market Cap||4.64B|
Trupanion, Inc. (TRUP) Company Bio
Trupanion, Inc. operates as a direct-to-consumer monthly subscription service provider of a medical insurance plan for cats and dogs in the United States, Canada, and Puerto Rico. The company was formerly known as Vetinsurance International, Inc. changed its name to Trupanion, Inc. in 2013. The company was founded in 2000 and is based in Seattle, Washington.
TRUP Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
The table below illustrates the output of a discounted cash flow forecast using a variety of scenarios for Trupanion Inc. To summarize, we found that Trupanion Inc ranked in the 8th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. We should note, though, that all scenearios modelled for this stock suggest it is overvalued. The most interesting components of our discounted cash flow analysis for Trupanion Inc ended up being:
- Trupanion Inc's interest coverage rate -- a measure of gross earnings relative to interest payments -- comes in at -16.29. This coverage rate is greater than that of only 4.91% of stocks we're observing for the purpose of forecasting via discounted cash flows.
- As a business, Trupanion Inc experienced a tax rate of about 1% over the past twelve months; relative to its sector (Financial Services), this tax rate is higher than just 19.79% of stocks generating free cash flow.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
TRUP Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
TRUP Latest Social Stream
View Full TRUP Social Stream
Latest TRUP News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Trupanion Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate TRUP as an investment opportunity.
Trupanion (TRUP) doesn't possess the right combination of the two key ingredients for a likely earnings beat in its upcoming report. Get prepared with the key expectations.
When the next crash inevitably strikes, the following five industries should be bought by investors hand over fist. While I wouldn't go so far as to call any industry or trend completely market-crash proof, cybersecurity stocks are pretty darn crash-resistant. As data goes digital, the onus of protecting enterprise and consumer data will increasingly fall into the hands of third-party cybersecurity-service providers.
Hedge Funds and other institutional investors have just completed filing their 13Fs with the Securities and Exchange Commission, revealing their equity portfolios as of the end of September. At Insider Monkey, we follow nearly 900 active hedge funds and notable investors and by analyzing their 13F filings, we can determine the stocks that they are […]
Steel City Capital, an investment management firm, published its second quarter 2021 investor letter – a copy of which can be downloaded here. A quarterly portfolio net return of 3.2% was recorded by the fund for the second quarter of 2021. Year-to-date, the Partnership gained 11.1%, net. You can view the fund’s top 5 holdings to […]
What does it mean for a company to be on the right side of change and how can that identify big winners of the future?
TRUP Price Returns