Trupanion, Inc. (TRUP): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
TRUP POWR Grades
- Momentum is the dimension where TRUP ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 34.76% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for TRUP is in Quality, which has been heading down over the past 52 weeks.
- TRUP's current lowest rank is in the Value metric (where it is better than 1.84% of US stocks).
TRUP Stock Summary
- The ratio of debt to operating expenses for Trupanion Inc is higher than it is for about just 0.37% of US stocks.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of -100%, Trupanion Inc's debt growth rate surpasses merely 0% of about US stocks.
- Over the past twelve months, TRUP has reported earnings growth of 56,622.81%, putting it ahead of 99.93% of US stocks in our set.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to TRUP, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are EPAY, MAIN, BBIG, MDWT, and CRY.
- Visit TRUP's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.trupanion.com.
TRUP Valuation Summary
- TRUP's price/sales ratio is 6.1; this is 90.62% higher than that of the median Financial Services stock.
- Over the past 86 months, TRUP's EV/EBIT ratio has gone down 98.7.
- Over the past 86 months, TRUP's price/sales ratio has gone up 3.1.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for TRUP.
TRUP Growth Metrics
- The 5 year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at 90.43%.
- Its 3 year revenue growth rate is now at 105.42%.
- Its 2 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 52.96%.
The table below shows TRUP's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
TRUP's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- TRUP has a Quality Grade of D, ranking ahead of 6.84% of graded US stocks.
- TRUP's asset turnover comes in at 1.28 -- ranking 12th of 133 Insurance stocks.
- PRI, HIG, and KMPR are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with TRUP.
The table below shows TRUP's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
TRUP Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
TRUP Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$126.79||52-week high||$140.46|
|Prev. close||$125.03||52-week low||$69.74|
|Day high||$128.17||Avg. volume||350,131|
|50-day MA||$103.37||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$95.54||Market Cap||5.12B|
Trupanion, Inc. (TRUP) Company Bio
Trupanion, Inc. operates as a direct-to-consumer monthly subscription service provider of a medical insurance plan for cats and dogs in the United States, Canada, and Puerto Rico. The company was formerly known as Vetinsurance International, Inc. changed its name to Trupanion, Inc. in 2013. The company was founded in 2000 and is based in Seattle, Washington.
Most Popular Stories View All
TRUP Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
TRUP Latest Social Stream
View Full TRUP Social Stream
Latest TRUP News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Trupanion Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate TRUP as an investment opportunity.
Darryl Rawlings, CEO at Trupanion (NASDAQ:TRUP), made a large insider sell on November 11, according to a new SEC filing. What Happened: A Form 4 filing from the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission on Thursday showed that Rawlings sold 4,000 shares of Trupanion at prices ranging from $120.80 to $124.30. The total transaction amounted to $494,291. Rawlings still owns a total of 963,222 shares of Trupanion worth, $125,478,929. Trupanion shares are trading up 0.24% at $130.27 at the time of thi
Howard E Rubin, Insider at Trupanion (NASDAQ:TRUP), made a large insider sell on November 10, according to a new SEC filing. What Happened: A Form 4 filing from the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission on Wednesday showed that Rubin sold 1,532 shares of Trupanion at a price of $125.00. The total transaction amounted to $191,500. Rubin still owns a total of 226,946 shares of Trupanion worth, $29,609,531. Trupanion shares are trading up 0.37% at $130.47 at the time of this writing on Monday mor
SEATTLE, Nov. 11, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Trupanion, Inc. (Nasdaq: TRUP) announced today that the Company will present at the Stifel 2021 Virtual Healthcare Conference on Tuesday, November 16, 2021. Tricia Plouf, Co-President, is scheduled to present at 4:40 pm ET. The presentation will be webcast live and can be accessed on Trupanion’s Investor Relations website at http://investors.trupanion.com. About TrupanionTrupanion is a leader in medical insurance for cats and dogs throughout the United
Seattle, Nov. 09, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The Independent Veterinary Practitioners Association (IVPA), an organization representing the interests and needs of independently owned hospitals in North America, announced today its partnership with Trupanion, the leader in medical insurance for pets in the United States and Canada. The partnership is a clear acknowledgement of Trupanion’s support for independent practices across North America. With its payment solution, Trupanion is the only provide
Shares of Trupanion (NASDAQ: TRUP) soared 31.8% in October, according to data from S&P Global Market Intelligence. The pet insurance provider got upgrades from multiple stock analysts in the month, which was likely the main reason for the stock jump. Building on this momentum, Trupanion just released its third-quarter earnings results, beating expectations for the period, which has sent its stock even higher in November.
TRUP Price Returns