Trupanion, Inc. (TRUP): Price and Financial Metrics
TRUP Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$27.85||52-week high||$69.15|
|Prev. close||$28.20||52-week low||$18.45|
|Day high||$28.40||Avg. volume||981,279|
|50-day MA||$29.20||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$37.59||Market Cap||1.15B|
TRUP Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
TRUP POWR Grades
- Momentum is the dimension where TRUP ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 94.53% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for TRUP is in Growth, which has been heading up over the past 177 days.
- TRUP's current lowest rank is in the Value metric (where it is better than 12.71% of US stocks).
TRUP Stock Summary
- TRUPANION INC's capital turnover -- a measure of revenue relative to shareholder's equity -- is better than 84.91% of US listed stocks.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of 91.83%, TRUPANION INC's debt growth rate surpasses 89.02% of about US stocks.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, TRUP is more volatile than 89.38% of stocks we're observing.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to TRUPANION INC, a group of peers worth examining would be DKNG, DMTK, TNON, LUNG, and LNSR.
- Visit TRUP's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.trupanion.com.
TRUP Valuation Summary
- TRUP's price/sales ratio is 1.2; this is 20% higher than that of the median Financial Services stock.
- TRUP's price/sales ratio has moved down 1.8 over the prior 112 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for TRUP.
TRUP Growth Metrics
- The 5 year revenue growth rate now stands at 103.86%.
- Its year over year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at -2.52%.
- Its 2 year price growth rate is now at 125.76%.
The table below shows TRUP's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
TRUP's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- TRUP has a Quality Grade of D, ranking ahead of 6.84% of graded US stocks.
- TRUP's asset turnover comes in at 1.28 -- ranking 12th of 133 Insurance stocks.
- PRI, HIG, and KMPR are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with TRUP.
The table below shows TRUP's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
Trupanion, Inc. (TRUP) Company Bio
Trupanion, Inc. operates as a direct-to-consumer monthly subscription service provider of a medical insurance plan for cats and dogs in the United States, Canada, and Puerto Rico. The company was formerly known as Vetinsurance International, Inc. changed its name to Trupanion, Inc. in 2013. The company was founded in 2000 and is based in Seattle, Washington.
TRUP Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
TRUP Latest Social Stream
View Full TRUP Social Stream
Latest TRUP News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about TRUPANION INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate TRUP as an investment opportunity.
A stock market decline is always followed by a bull market, making sliding stock prices a perfect time to buy.
SEATTLE, Sept. 26, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Trupanion, Inc. (Nasdaq: TRUP) announced today that Darryl Rawlings, Trupanion’s founder, CEO and Chair of the Board, will present at the Jefferies 2023 Virtual Pet Care & Wellness Conference on Thursday, September 28, 2023, at 8:30 a.m. PT. The presentation will be webcast live and can be accessed on Trupanion’s Investor Relations website at http://investors.trupanion.com. About TrupanionTrupanion is a leader in medical insurance for cats and dogs thr
The excitement (some would say hype) surrounding artificial intelligence makes it hard to find overlooked AI stocks.
Navigating the Thin Line Between Value and Trap with Trupanion Inc (TRUP)
- A senior financial leader for over two decades, Qureshi brings a wealth of experience driving growth and profitability for publicly-traded, global growth organizations -SEATTLE, Sept. 06, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Trupanion, Inc. (Nasdaq: TRUP), the leading provider of pet medical insurance for cats and dogs, announced today the appointment of Fawwad Qureshi as Chief Finance Officer. Mr. Qureshi will officially join Trupanion on September 25, 2023. Mr. Qureshi joins Trupanion with over 20 years
TRUP Price Returns