Trupanion, Inc. (TRUP): Price and Financial Metrics
TRUP Stock Summary
- For TRUP, its debt to operating expenses ratio is greater than that reported by merely 0.32% of US equities we're observing.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of -100%, Trupanion Inc's debt growth rate surpasses just 0% of about US stocks.
- In terms of twelve month growth in earnings before interest and taxes, Trupanion Inc is reporting a growth rate of 1,393.47%; that's higher than 98.61% of US stocks.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Trupanion Inc are MLAB, ATEC, KRMD, VCYT, and CUTR.
- Visit TRUP's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.trupanion.com.
TRUP Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
TRUP Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$77.41||52-week high||$126.53|
|Prev. close||$75.60||52-week low||$24.85|
|Day high||$77.60||Avg. volume||417,963|
|50-day MA||$92.69||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$84.36||Market Cap||3.06B|
Trupanion, Inc. (TRUP) Company Bio
Trupanion, Inc. operates as a direct-to-consumer monthly subscription service provider of a medical insurance plan for cats and dogs in the United States, Canada, and Puerto Rico. The company was formerly known as Vetinsurance International, Inc. changed its name to Trupanion, Inc. in 2013. The company was founded in 2000 and is based in Seattle, Washington.
TRUP Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
Below please find a table outlining a discounted cash flow forecast for TRUP, in which we model out valuation assuming a variety of terminal growth rates. To summarize, we found that Trupanion Inc ranked in the 22th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Our DCF analysis suggests the stock is overvalued by about 77.67%. In terms of the factors that were most noteworthy in this DCF analysis for TRUP, they are:
- Trupanion Inc's interest coverage rate -- a measure of gross earnings relative to interest payments -- comes in at -3.15. This coverage rate is greater than that of only 14.39% of stocks we're observing for the purpose of forecasting via discounted cash flows.
- As a business, Trupanion Inc experienced a tax rate of about 0% over the past twelve months; relative to its sector (Financial Services), this tax rate is higher than only 0% of stocks generating free cash flow.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
TRUP Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
TRUP Latest Social Stream
View Full TRUP Social Stream
Latest TRUP News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Trupanion Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate TRUP as an investment opportunity.
Most people have health insurance, and auto and life insurance are also quite common. In this Fool Live video clip, recorded on April 1, Fool.com contributors Brian Feroldi and Matt Frankel, CFP, discuss why this pet insurer deserves a spot on investors' watch lists. For some reason I think this is in Matt's world because it's an insurance company.
Webinar includes global experts in pet health including Dr. Colin Basler, deputy director of the CDC’s One Health Office, Dr. Steve Weinrauch, Dr. Carrie Jurney, Dr. Scott Weese, and Dr. Michael LappinSeattle, April 07, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Trupanion, a leader in medical insurance for cats and dogs, will host a webinar to provide an overview, and the latest information on COVID-19 and its effects on pets. The live webinar will take place Thursday, April 8 at 4:00 p.m. PST / 7:00 p.m. EST. The webinar, “Cats, Dogs, and COVID-19, oh my!” will feature updates from the COVID-19 Council on what is known to date, what is changing, and what pet owners should keep an eye on moving forward as it relates to pets and the pandemic. At the start of the pandemic, Trupanion’s Chief Veterinary Offi...
Today, let's look at three companies in this sector, Elanco (NYSE: ELAN), Trupanion (NASDAQ: TRUP), and IDEXX Laboratories (NASDAQ: IDXX), and how they can add both bark and bite to your portfolio. Elanco is a pharmaceutical company that develops medications and vaccines for pets and livestock.
The stock market is arguably the greatest wealth creator on the planet. Despite undergoing 38 stock market crashes or corrections since the beginning of 1950, the S&P 500 has eventually erased each and every one of these declines. The point is this: The stock market is a money machine that can grant patient investors their financial freedom.
You've no doubt heard the investing adage to "buy the dip." But what if the dip is a really bad one? Sometimes buying stocks that fall significantly isn't such a great idea. On the other hand, there are other cases where scooping up shares when they've retreated a lot can pay off in a big way over the long run.
TRUP Price Returns
Continue Researching TRUPWant to see what other sources are saying about Trupanion Inc's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
Get Free Updates
Join thousands of investors who get the latest news, insights and top rated picks from StockNews.com!