Hostess Brands, Inc. - (TWNK): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
TWNK POWR Grades
- TWNK scores best on the Sentiment dimension, with a Sentiment rank ahead of 70.4% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for TWNK is in Stability, which has been heading up over the past 179 days.
- TWNK ranks lowest in Value; there it ranks in the 29th percentile.
TWNK Stock Summary
- TWNK's one year PEG ratio, measuring expected growth in earnings next year relative to current common stock price is 196.57 -- higher than 87.9% of US-listed equities with positive expected earnings growth.
- For TWNK, its debt to operating expenses ratio is greater than that reported by 81.7% of US equities we're observing.
- The volatility of HOSTESS BRANDS INC's share price is greater than that of merely 20.97% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to HOSTESS BRANDS INC, a group of peers worth examining would be PBH, TKR, SON, PTNR, and ACT.
- TWNK's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit HOSTESS BRANDS INC's official web site, go to www.hostessbrands.com.
TWNK Valuation Summary
- TWNK's EV/EBIT ratio is 17.9; this is 9.14% lower than that of the median Consumer Defensive stock.
- TWNK's price/earnings ratio has moved up 15.4 over the prior 88 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for TWNK.
TWNK's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- TWNK has a Quality Grade of D, ranking ahead of 20.44% of graded US stocks.
- TWNK's asset turnover comes in at 0.317 -- ranking 49th of 58 Food Products stocks.
- MED, TOFB, and KHC are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with TWNK.
The table below shows TWNK's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
TWNK Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
TWNK Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$26.06||52-week high||$29.00|
|Prev. close||$26.07||52-week low||$16.76|
|Day high||$26.22||Avg. volume||1,521,572|
|50-day MA||$25.39||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$22.70||Market Cap||3.49B|
Hostess Brands, Inc. - (TWNK) Company Bio
Hostess Brands, Inc. produces bakery products. It produces breads, cakes, cup cakes, and snack cakes, mini muffins, fruit pies, donut products, and zingers. The company is based in Kansas City, Missouri. Hostess Brands, Inc. operates as a subsidiary of Old HB, Inc.
Most Popular Stories View All
TWNK Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
TWNK Latest Social Stream
View Full TWNK Social Stream
Latest TWNK News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about HOSTESS BRANDS INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate TWNK as an investment opportunity.
Here at Zacks, our focus is on the proven Zacks Rank system, which emphasizes earnings estimates and estimate revisions to find great stocks. Nevertheless, we are always paying attention to the latest value, growth, and momentum trends to underscore strong picks.
Stocks are still more down than up over the past 11 months, and the broader market could easily slide back into bear territory (where the Nasdaq Composite still resides). A few of these near-term winners are even the sorts of stocks you can safely step into for the long haul -- among them, e.l.f. The stock is up more than 100% from the low it touched in May, and reached a record high just last week.
Hostess Brands (NASDAQ: TWNK) delivered a record third quarter, posting double-digit growth on both the top and bottom lines. The Twinkies maker also raised its expectation for full-year sales growth. Let's take a closer look at Hostess Brands' most recent quarter, what lies ahead for the company, and why this consumer staples stock keeps reaching new heights.
Here is how MGP (MGPI) and Hostess Brands (TWNK) have performed compared to their sector so far this year.
Hostess Brands have been highlighted in this Investment Ideas article.
TWNK Price Returns