Domtar Corporation (NEW) (UFS): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
UFS POWR Grades
- UFS scores best on the Momentum dimension, with a Momentum rank ahead of 96.7% of US stocks.
- UFS's strongest trending metric is Momentum; it's been moving up over the last 206 days.
- UFS's current lowest rank is in the Sentiment metric (where it is better than 2.06% of US stocks).
UFS Stock Summary
- Over the past twelve months, UFS has reported earnings growth of -520.93%, putting it ahead of only 3.52% of US stocks in our set.
- Revenue growth over the past 12 months for Domtar CORP comes in at -35.22%, a number that bests only 11.25% of the US stocks we're tracking.
- Domtar CORP's shareholder yield -- a measure of how much capital is returned to stockholders via dividends and buybacks -- is 19.78%, greater than the shareholder yield of 88.71% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Domtar CORP are CRS, ARLP, CPA, KAMN, and RETO.
- Visit UFS's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.domtar.com.
UFS Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
UFS Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$54.98||52-week high||$55.45|
|Prev. close||$54.85||52-week low||$18.66|
|Day high||$55.14||Avg. volume||1,194,915|
|50-day MA||$40.21||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$32.15||Market Cap||2.76B|
Domtar Corporation (NEW) (UFS) Company Bio
Domtar Corporation designs, manufactures, markets, and distributes communications papers, specialty and packaging papers, and absorbent hygiene products in the United States, Canada, Europe, Asia, and internationally. It operates in two segments, Pulp and Paper, and Personal Care. The company was founded in 1848 and is based in Montreal, Canada.
UFS Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
The table below illustrates the output of a discounted cash flow forecast using a variety of scenarios for Domtar CORP. To summarize, we found that Domtar CORP ranked in the 24th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. We should note, though, that all scenearios modelled for this stock suggest it is overvalued. In terms of the factors that were most noteworthy in this DCF analysis for UFS, they are:
- Its compound free cash flow growth rate, as measured over the past 5.57 years, is -0.08% -- higher than merely 15.69% of stocks in our DCF forecasting set.
- Domtar CORP's interest coverage rate -- a measure of gross earnings relative to interest payments -- comes in at -2.5. This coverage rate is greater than that of only 16.37% of stocks we're observing for the purpose of forecasting via discounted cash flows.
- As a business, Domtar CORP experienced a tax rate of about 34% over the past twelve months; relative to its sector (Basic Materials), this tax rate is higher than 92.18% of stocks generating free cash flow.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
UFS Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
UFS Latest Social Stream
View Full UFS Social Stream
Latest UFS News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Domtar CORP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate UFS as an investment opportunity.
NOTICE - IMPORTANT SHAREHOLDER INVESTIGATION UPDATE: Brodsky & Smith Reminds Investors of Investigations Related to the Following Companies: Tribune Publishing Company (Nasdaq - TPCO), Domtar (NYSE - UFS), Ferro Corporation (NYSE - FOE)
BALA CYNWYD, PA / ACCESSWIRE / May 13, 2021 / Brodsky & Smith reminds investors of investigations it is conducting regarding the following companies for possible breaches of fiduciary duty and other violations of federal and state law with respect to proposed acquisition transactions. If you own shares of any of the below-referenced stocks and wish to discuss the legal ramifications of the investigation, or have any questions, you may e-mail or call the law office of Brodsky & Smith who will, without obligation or cost to you, attempt to answer your questions.
SHAREHOLDER INVESTIGATION: Halper Sadeh LLP Investigates UFS, FOE, CHMA, ACST; Shareholders are Encouraged to Contact the Firm
Halper Sadeh LLP, a global investor rights law firm, announces it is investigating the following companies:
DOMTAR ALERT: Bragar Eagel & Squire, P.C. Investigates Sale of UFS and Encourages Investors to Contact the Firm
NEW YORK, May 12, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Bragar Eagel & Squire, P.C., a nationally recognized stockholder rights law firm, has launched an investigation into whether the board members of Domtar Corporation (NYSE: UFS) breached their fiduciary duties or violated the federal securities laws in connection with the company’s acquisition by Paper Excellence. Click here to learn more and participate in the action. On May 11, 2021, Domtar announced that it had signed an agreement to be acquired by Paper Excellence for approximately $3 billion. Pursuant to the merger agreement, Domtar stockholders will receive $55.50 in cash for each share of Domtar common stock owned. The deal is scheduled to close in the second half of 2022. Bragar Eagel & Squire is concerned that Domtar’s board of director...
Domtar Corp. (UFS) shares rose about 16.9% at the close of trade on May 11 as the company agreed to be acquired by Paper Excellence for $3 billion, or about $55.50 in cash per share. This represents a 44% premium to Domtar’s 30-day volume-weighted average price as of May 3. The transaction is expected to close in the second half of 2021. Domtar provides fiber-based products such as communication, specialty, and packaging papers as well as absorbent hygiene products. Paper Excellence, which is headquartered in British Columbia, manufactures pulp and specialty printing, writing, and packaging papers.
TD Securities Stick to Their Hold Rating for Domtar Corp.
UFS Price Returns