Domtar Corporation (NEW) (UFS): Price and Financial Metrics
UFS Stock Summary
- The price/operating cash flow metric for Domtar CORP is higher than merely 17.57% of stocks in our set with a positive cash flow.
- UFS's price/sales ratio is 0.44; that's higher than the P/S ratio of just 8.82% of US stocks.
- In terms of twelve month growth in earnings before interest and taxes, Domtar CORP is reporting a growth rate of -142.99%; that's higher than just 13.67% of US stocks.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Domtar CORP, a group of peers worth examining would be HA, IHRT, WNC, PNRG, and CNDT.
- Visit UFS's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.domtar.com.
UFS Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
UFS Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$38.43||52-week high||$39.33|
|Prev. close||$37.00||52-week low||$18.40|
|Day high||$39.33||Avg. volume||732,848|
|50-day MA||$32.53||Dividend yield||1.24%|
|200-day MA||$27.09||Market Cap||2.12B|
Domtar Corporation (NEW) (UFS) Company Bio
Domtar Corporation designs, manufactures, markets, and distributes communications papers, specialty and packaging papers, and absorbent hygiene products in the United States, Canada, Europe, Asia, and internationally. It operates in two segments, Pulp and Paper, and Personal Care. The company was founded in 1848 and is based in Montreal, Canada.
UFS Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
Below please find a table outlining a discounted cash flow forecast for UFS, in which we model out valuation assuming a variety of terminal growth rates. To summarize, we found that Domtar CORP ranked in the 23th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. We should note, though, that the most conservative analysis suggests this stock will yield negative results -- and thus may be a potential short opportunity. The most interesting components of our discounted cash flow analysis for Domtar CORP ended up being:
- The company's balance sheet shows it gets 63% of its capital from equity, and 37% of its capital from debt. Notably, its equity weight is greater than merely 21.92% of US equities in the Basic Materials sector yielding a positive free cash flow.
- Its compound free cash flow growth rate, as measured over the past 5.5 years, is -0.1% -- higher than just 14.27% of stocks in our DCF forecasting set.
- Domtar CORP's interest coverage rate -- a measure of gross earnings relative to interest payments -- comes in at -2.42. This coverage rate is greater than that of only 16.61% of stocks we're observing for the purpose of forecasting via discounted cash flows.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
UFS Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
UFS Latest Social Stream
View Full UFS Social Stream
Latest UFS News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Domtar CORP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate UFS as an investment opportunity.
One thing we could say about the analysts on Domtar Corporation ( NYSE:UFS ) - they aren't optimistic, having just made...
The following slide deck was published by Domtar Corporation in conjunction with their 2020 Q4 earnings call....
Rating Action: Moody's assigns B2 CFR to Journey Personal Care; outlook stableGlobal Credit Research - 12 Feb 2021New York, February 12, 2021 -- Moody's Investors Service ("Moody's") assigned a B2 Corporate Family Rating and B2-PD Probability of Default Rating to Journey Personal Care Corp. ("Journey"). Concurrently, Moody's assigned a B2 rating to the company's proposed $620 million first lien term loan. Net proceeds from the proposed term loan, in addition to $330 million of equity provided by American Industrial Partners and other investors will be used to complete the acquisition of Journey Personal Care from Domtar Corporation and pay fees and expenses.
Domtar (UFS) expects paper demand to remain uncertain in the current year due to pandemic-induced shutdown of schools and offices, while the pulp market will gradually improve on better demand.
Domtar (UFS) is increasing prices on three grades of market pulp starting March 1, according to trade publication Fastmarkets RISI.Domtar will go up to $70-$120/tonne on NBSK, SBSK and fluff pulp, according a tweet from an editor at the publication, citing industry sources.Domtar is set to release earnings premarket tomorrow.Earlier,...
UFS Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching UFSHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on Domtar CORP's stock as an investment opportunity:
Get Free Updates
Join thousands of investors who get the latest news, insights and top rated picks from StockNews.com!