United Natural Foods, Inc. (UNFI): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
UNFI POWR Grades
- UNFI scores best on the Value dimension, with a Value rank ahead of 98.92% of US stocks.
- UNFI's strongest trending metric is Quality; it's been moving down over the last 178 days.
- UNFI ranks lowest in Sentiment; there it ranks in the 1st percentile.
UNFI Stock Summary
- The capital turnover (annual revenue relative to shareholder's equity) for UNFI is 16.21 -- better than 97.93% of US stocks.
- Of note is the ratio of UNITED NATURAL FOODS INC's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 98.04% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- UNFI's price/sales ratio is 0.05; that's higher than the P/S ratio of merely 0.95% of US stocks.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to UNITED NATURAL FOODS INC, a group of peers worth examining would be PFGC, ANDE, BJ, HY, and HBI.
- Visit UNFI's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.unfi.com.
UNFI Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Consumer Defensive stock, UNFI's price/earnings ratio is 52.2% lower, now standing at 10.3.
- UNFI's price/sales ratio has moved down 0.3 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for UNFI.
UNFI Growth Metrics
- Its year over year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 58.35%.
- Its 4 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at -344.17%.
- The 4 year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at 159.6%.
The table below shows UNFI's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
UNFI's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- UNFI has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 45.89% of graded US stocks.
- UNFI's asset turnover comes in at 3.555 -- ranking 11th of 105 Wholesale stocks.
- GIC, FSTR, and GLP are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with UNFI.
The table below shows UNFI's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
UNFI Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
UNFI Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$24.14||52-week high||$49.56|
|Prev. close||$23.84||52-week low||$23.18|
|Day high||$24.47||Avg. volume||643,689|
|50-day MA||$38.19||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$40.87||Market Cap||1.43B|
United Natural Foods, Inc. (UNFI) Company Bio
United Natural Foods distributes and retails natural, organic, and specialty foods, as well as non-food products primarily in the United States and Canada. The company was founded in 1976 and is based in Providence, Rhode Island.
Most Popular Stories View All
UNFI Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
UNFI Latest Social Stream
View Full UNFI Social Stream
Latest UNFI News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about UNITED NATURAL FOODS INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate UNFI as an investment opportunity.
Costco Gets a Boost as Impact of Last-In, First-Out Accounting Fades
With inflation stuck at high levels, some U.S. companies’ use of an accounting method that lowers their federal tax bill has increased costs and hit earnings. But for retail giant Costco, it is a different story.
Do Options Traders Know Something About United Natural (UNFI) Stock We Don't?
Investors need to pay close attention to United Natural (UNFI) stock based on the movements in the options market lately.
United Natural Foods Advancing Initiatives to Improve the Effectiveness and Efficiency of its Supply Chain
PROVIDENCE, R.I., March 15, 2023--UNFI announced further actions to significantly improve its supply chain and overall customer experience as part of a four-part transformation agenda.
7 Stocks to Buy in March 2023
Although the market has gotten shaky in recent sessions due to economic vagaries, contrarians can load up on these stocks to buy.
United Natural Foods, Inc. (NYSE:UNFI) Q2 2023 Earnings Call Transcript
United Natural Foods, Inc. (NYSE:UNFI) Q2 2023 Earnings Call Transcript March 8, 2023 Operator: Good morning. My name is Audra, and I will be your conference operator today. At this time, I would like to welcome everyone to the UNFI Second Quarter Fiscal 2023 Earnings Call. Today’s conference is being recorded. All lines have been […]
UNFI Price Returns
Continue Researching UNFIWant to do more research on United Natural Foods Inc's stock and its price? Try the links below:
United Natural Foods Inc (UNFI) Stock Price | Nasdaq
United Natural Foods Inc (UNFI) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
United Natural Foods Inc (UNFI) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch
Loading social stream, please wait...