United Natural Foods, Inc. (UNFI): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
UNFI POWR Grades
- Value is the dimension where UNFI ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 92.41% of US stocks.
- UNFI's strongest trending metric is Quality; it's been moving up over the last 26 weeks.
- UNFI ranks lowest in Momentum; there it ranks in the 30th percentile.
UNFI Stock Summary
- UNITED NATURAL FOODS INC's capital turnover -- a measure of revenue relative to shareholder's equity -- is better than 98.12% of US listed stocks.
- Of note is the ratio of UNITED NATURAL FOODS INC's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 97.37% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- UNFI's price/sales ratio is 0.09; that's higher than the P/S ratio of only 1.89% of US stocks.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to UNFI, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are NSIT, VRTV, MAN, SAH, and CHS.
- Visit UNFI's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.unfi.com.
UNFI Valuation Summary
- UNFI's price/earnings ratio is 11.1; this is 49.77% lower than that of the median Consumer Defensive stock.
- UNFI's price/earnings ratio has moved down 17.3 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for UNFI.
UNFI Growth Metrics
- Its 2 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at -14.93%.
- Its 5 year revenue growth rate is now at 183.19%.
- Its 4 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at -340.95%.
The table below shows UNFI's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
UNFI's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- UNFI has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 45.89% of graded US stocks.
- UNFI's asset turnover comes in at 3.555 -- ranking 11th of 105 Wholesale stocks.
- GIC, FSTR, and GLP are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with UNFI.
The table below shows UNFI's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
UNFI Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
UNFI Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$38.70||52-week high||$54.78|
|Prev. close||$38.51||52-week low||$32.90|
|Day high||$39.26||Avg. volume||493,204|
|50-day MA||$41.82||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$41.98||Market Cap||2.32B|
United Natural Foods, Inc. (UNFI) Company Bio
United Natural Foods distributes and retails natural, organic, and specialty foods, as well as non-food products primarily in the United States and Canada. The company was founded in 1976 and is based in Providence, Rhode Island.
Most Popular Stories View All
UNFI Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
UNFI Latest Social Stream
View Full UNFI Social Stream
Latest UNFI News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about UNITED NATURAL FOODS INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate UNFI as an investment opportunity.
Shares of United Natural Foods (NYSE: UNFI), the country's largest organic and natural food wholesaler, were pulling back today after the company issued a middling fiscal first-quarter earnings report. United Natural Foods said revenue in the quarter rose 7.6% to $7.53 billion, primarily driven by inflation and new business. The company also said it was implementing an industry-leading warehouse automation solution, which should help save on operating costs, and it also reduced its debt by $253 million by monetizing its accounts receivable.
United Natural Foods Inc (NYSE: UNFI) reported first-quarter FY23 sales growth of 7.6% year-on-year to $7.53 billion, beating the consensus of $7.48 billion. Gross margin for the quarter was 14.6% versus 14.9% last year. The gross profit rose 5.2% to $1.1 billion. Operating margin was 1.3%, and operating income for the quarter fell 7.5% to $99 million. Adjusted EBITDA of $207 million increased 3.5% Y/Y. Adjusted EPS of $1.13 missed the analyst consensus of $1.15. The company held $39 million in
United Natural (UNFI) delivered earnings and revenue surprises of -0.88% and 0.12%, respectively, for the quarter ended October 2022. Do the numbers hold clues to what lies ahead for the stock?
Shares of United Natural Foods Inc. were falling 2.5% in premarket trading Wednesday after the distributor of natural and organic foods posted a mixed earnings report. United Natural Foods generated $66 million, or $1.07 a share, in net income for its fiscal first quarter, down from $76 million, or $1.25 a share, a year before. On an adjusted basis, the company saw earnings per share of $1.13, up from $1.10 in the year-earlier period but below the FactSet consensus, which was for $1.16. Net sale
UNFI Price Returns
Continue Researching UNFIWant to do more research on United Natural Foods Inc's stock and its price? Try the links below:
United Natural Foods Inc (UNFI) Stock Price | Nasdaq
United Natural Foods Inc (UNFI) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
United Natural Foods Inc (UNFI) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch