Unum Group (UNM): Price and Financial Metrics
UNM Stock Summary
- Unum Group's stock had its IPO on November 6, 1986, making it an older stock than 91.75% of US equities in our set.
- UNM's current price/earnings ratio is 5.6, which is higher than only 5.49% of US stocks with positive earnings.
- Over the past twelve months, UNM has reported earnings growth of 79.44%, putting it ahead of 86.86% of US stocks in our set.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to UNM, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are PRI, KNX, MCY, CIT, and KEX.
- Visit UNM's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.unum.com.
UNM Stock Price Chart More Charts
UNM Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$25.41||52-week high||$38.29|
|Prev. close||$25.60||52-week low||$24.71|
|Day high||$25.94||Avg. volume||1,887,864|
|50-day MA||$28.86||Dividend yield||4.45%|
|200-day MA||$29.93||Market Cap||5.16B|
Unum Group (UNM) Company Bio
Unum Group is a leading provider of financial protection benefits in the United States and the United Kingdom. Its primary businesses are Unum US, Colonial Life and Unum UK. Unum's portfolio includes disability, life, accident and critical illness coverage. The company was founded in 1848 and is based in Chattanooga, Tennessee.
UNM Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
We started the process of determining a valid price forecast for Unum Group with a discounted cash flow analysis -- the results of which can be found in the table below. To summarize, we found that Unum Group ranked in the 81st percentile in terms of potential gain offered. More precisely, our analysis suggests the stock is undervalued by approximately 326.67% on a DCF basis. In terms of the factors that were most noteworthy in this DCF analysis for UNM, they are:
- As a business, UNM is generating more cash flow than 76.85% of positive cash flow stocks in the Financial Services.
- Unum Group's weighted average cost of capital (WACC) is 7%; for context, that number is higher than just 5.88% of tickers in our DCF set.
- UNM's estimated cost of debt, based largely on its market capitalization and its interest coverage ratio, is 3%; for context, that number is higher than just 5.88% of tickers in our DCF set.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|