Unum Group (UNM): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
UNM POWR Grades
- Value is the dimension where UNM ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 89.44% of US stocks.
- UNM's strongest trending metric is Quality; it's been moving down over the last 31 weeks.
- UNM ranks lowest in Growth; there it ranks in the 8th percentile.
UNM Stock Summary
- Unum Group's stock had its IPO on November 6, 1986, making it an older stock than 92.16% of US equities in our set.
- With a price/earnings ratio of 7.23, Unum Group P/E ratio is greater than that of about merely 9.78% of stocks in our set with positive earnings.
- With a price/sales ratio of 0.42, Unum Group has a higher such ratio than only 7.74% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to UNM, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are UBSI, M, HTH, UIHC, and FFIN.
- Visit UNM's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.unum.com.
UNM Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Financial Services stock, UNM's price/sales ratio is 87.88% lower, now standing at 0.4.
- UNM's EV/EBIT ratio has moved down 0.8 over the prior 243 months.
- UNM's price/sales ratio has moved down 0.3 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for UNM.
UNM Growth Metrics
- The 2 year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at 26.58%.
- The 5 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at 208.51%.
- Its 4 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 21.88%.
The table below shows UNM's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
UNM Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
UNM Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$27.72||52-week high||$31.98|
|Prev. close||$27.80||52-week low||$15.79|
|Day high||$28.06||Avg. volume||2,133,106|
|50-day MA||$29.03||Dividend yield||4.1%|
|200-day MA||$25.77||Market Cap||5.66B|
Unum Group (UNM) Company Bio
Unum Group is a leading provider of financial protection benefits in the United States and the United Kingdom. Its primary businesses are Unum US, Colonial Life and Unum UK. Unum's portfolio includes disability, life, accident and critical illness coverage. The company was founded in 1848 and is based in Chattanooga, Tennessee.
UNM Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
Below please find a table outlining a discounted cash flow forecast for UNM, in which we model out valuation assuming a variety of terminal growth rates. To summarize, we found that Unum Group ranked in the 5th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. We should note, though, that the most conservative analysis suggests this stock will yield negative results -- and thus may be a potential short opportunity. In terms of the factors that were most noteworthy in this DCF analysis for UNM, they are:
- Its compound free cash flow growth rate, as measured over the past 5.77 years, is -0.33% -- higher than just 3.74% of stocks in our DCF forecasting set.
- Unum Group's weighted average cost of capital (WACC) is 8%; for context, that number is higher than only 6% of tickers in our DCF set.
- Relative to other stocks in its sector (Financial Services), Unum Group has a reliance on debt greater than 67.3% of them.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
UNM Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
UNM Latest Social Stream
View Full UNM Social Stream
Latest UNM News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Unum Group that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate UNM as an investment opportunity.
CHATTANOOGA, Tenn., July 16, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- Effective July 16, 2021, the Unum Group (NYSE:UNM) Board of Directors declared a quarterly dividend of $0.30 per share on its common stock to be paid August 20, 2021, to stockholders of record as of July 30, 2021. ABOUT UNUM Unum Group
It might be of some concern to shareholders to see the Unum Group ( NYSE:UNM ) share price down 12% in the last month...
No summary available.
Unum Group (NYSE: UNM) will release its second quarter 2021 results August 3, at approximately 4:15 p.m. Eastern Standard Time. The earnings release and financial supplement will be available in the Investors section of the company's website, which can be directly accessed at www.investors.unum.com.
Let's see if Unum (UNM) stock is a good choice for value-oriented investors right now from multiple angles.
UNM Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|