Unum Group (UNM): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
UNM POWR Grades
- UNM scores best on the Value dimension, with a Value rank ahead of 90.18% of US stocks.
- UNM's strongest trending metric is Quality; it's been moving down over the last 206 days.
- UNM ranks lowest in Growth; there it ranks in the 7th percentile.
UNM Stock Summary
- UNM's went public 34.54 years ago, making it older than 92.25% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- With a price/earnings ratio of 7.82, Unum Group P/E ratio is greater than that of about only 11.15% of stocks in our set with positive earnings.
- UNM's price/sales ratio is 0.46; that's higher than the P/S ratio of only 8.53% of US stocks.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Unum Group are M, FFIN, SIG, DXC, and UBSI.
- UNM's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Unum Group's official web site, go to www.unum.com.
UNM Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
UNM Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$30.06||52-week high||$30.82|
|Prev. close||$29.02||52-week low||$12.80|
|Day high||$30.25||Avg. volume||2,382,441|
|50-day MA||$28.47||Dividend yield||3.79%|
|200-day MA||$22.91||Market Cap||6.14B|
Unum Group (UNM) Company Bio
Unum Group is a leading provider of financial protection benefits in the United States and the United Kingdom. Its primary businesses are Unum US, Colonial Life and Unum UK. Unum's portfolio includes disability, life, accident and critical illness coverage. The company was founded in 1848 and is based in Chattanooga, Tennessee.
UNM Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
We started the process of determining a valid price forecast for Unum Group with a discounted cash flow analysis -- the results of which can be found in the table below. To summarize, we found that Unum Group ranked in the 28th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. We should note, though, that all scenearios modelled for this stock suggest it is overvalued. As for the metrics that stood out in our discounted cash flow analysis of Unum Group, consider:
- Its compound free cash flow growth rate, as measured over the past 5.56 years, is -0.13% -- higher than merely 11.73% of stocks in our DCF forecasting set.
- Unum Group's weighted average cost of capital (WACC) is 8%; for context, that number is higher than merely 4.26% of tickers in our DCF set.
- Relative to other stocks in its sector (Financial Services), Unum Group has a reliance on debt greater than 69.12% of them.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
UNM Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
UNM Latest Social Stream
View Full UNM Social Stream
Latest UNM News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Unum Group that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate UNM as an investment opportunity.
Yesterday afternoon, Unum reported first-quarter 2021 net income of $153 million or $0.75 per diluted common share compared to $161 million or $0.79 per diluted common share in the first quarter of 2020. Net income for the first quarter of 2021 included: first, the net after-tax loss from the second phase of the closed block individual disability reinsurance transaction of $56.7 million, which is $0.27 per diluted common share. Net income in the first quarter of 2020 included a net after-tax realized investment loss of $113.1 million, which is $0.56 per diluted common share.
Unum Group (UNM) Q1 results reflect soft performance across Unum U.S. and Colonial Life segments.
NEW YORK, NY / ACCESSWIRE / May 6, 2021 / Unum Group (NYSE:UNM) will be discussing their earnings results in their 2021 First Quarter Earnings call to be held on May 6, 2021 at 8:00 AM Eastern Time.To listen to the event live or access a replay of the call - visit https://www.
Unum Group's (UNM) Q1 results are likely to reflect soft performance at Unum U.S. and Colonial Life segments.
Unum Group ( NYSE:UNM ) is about to trade ex-dividend in the next three days. This means that investors who purchase...
UNM Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|