Unum Group (UNM): Price and Financial Metrics
UNM Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$43.12||52-week high||$52.15|
|Prev. close||$43.17||52-week low||$36.27|
|Day high||$43.29||Avg. volume||1,385,720|
|50-day MA||$47.07||Dividend yield||3.42%|
|200-day MA||$45.46||Market Cap||8.41B|
UNM Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
UNM POWR Grades
- Momentum is the dimension where UNM ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 96.38% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for UNM is in Stability, which has been heading up over the past 177 days.
- UNM ranks lowest in Quality; there it ranks in the 32nd percentile.
UNM Stock Summary
- UNUM GROUP's stock had its IPO on November 6, 1986, making it an older stock than 92.42% of US equities in our set.
- With a price/earnings ratio of 6.87, UNUM GROUP P/E ratio is greater than that of about merely 13.81% of stocks in our set with positive earnings.
- UNM's equity multiplier -- a measure of assets relative to shareholders'equity -- is greater than that of 83.07% of US stocks.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to UNM, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are SYF, WHR, PRI, SPNT, and BYD.
- Visit UNM's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.unum.com.
UNM Valuation Summary
- UNM's price/sales ratio is 0.7; this is 68.18% lower than that of the median Financial Services stock.
- UNM's price/sales ratio has moved up 0.3 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for UNM.
UNM Growth Metrics
- Its 4 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 3.12%.
- Its year over year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 769.81%.
- Its year over year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at -81.03%.
The table below shows UNM's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
UNM's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- UNM has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 30.29% of graded US stocks.
- UNM's asset turnover comes in at 0.189 -- ranking 84th of 133 Insurance stocks.
- AIG, GNW, and RDN are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with UNM.
The table below shows UNM's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
Unum Group (UNM) Company Bio
Unum Group is an American insurance company company headquartered in Chattanooga, Tennessee. Founded as Union Mutual in 1848 and known as UnumProvident from 1999-2007, the company is part of the Fortune 500. Unum Group was created by the 1999 merger of Unum Corporation and The Provident Companies and comprises four distinct businesses – Unum US, Unum UK, Unum Poland and Colonial Life. Its underwriting insurers include The Paul Revere Life Insurance Company and Provident Life and Accident Insurance Company. Unum is the top disability insurer in both the United States and United Kingdom and also offers other insurance products including accident, critical illness and life insurance. (Source:Wikipedia)
UNM Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
UNM Latest Social Stream
View Full UNM Social Stream
Latest UNM News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about UNUM GROUP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate UNM as an investment opportunity.
Unum Group (UNM) stands to gain from favorable growth estimates, strong persistency in group lines and the improvement of new product lines, increased premium income and a solid capital position.
Wondering how to pick strong, market-beating stocks for your investment portfolio? Look no further than the Zacks Style Scores.
Unum (UNM) has been one of the stocks most watched by Zacks.com users lately. So, it is worth exploring what lies ahead for the stock.
In this article, we discuss 13 best affordable dividend stocks to buy. You can skip our detailed analysis of dividend stocks and their previous performance, and go directly to read 5 Best Affordable Dividend Stocks To Buy. In recent months, the bull market seems to have encountered obstacles. The S&P 500 declined by nearly 3% […]
Higher claims frequency leading to upward pricing pressure coupled with the adoption of technology is likely to boost the performance of the Zacks Accident and Health Insurance industry players like AFL, UNM, EIG and AMSF.
UNM Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|