Unum Group (UNM): Price and Financial Metrics
UNM Stock Summary
- UNM's went public 34.35 years ago, making it older than 92.09% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- With a price/earnings ratio of 7.01, Unum Group P/E ratio is greater than that of about just 5.9% of stocks in our set with positive earnings.
- With a price/sales ratio of 0.42, Unum Group has a higher such ratio than just 8.66% of stocks in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Unum Group, a group of peers worth examining would be RGA, CBRL, TAP, PNRG, and HA.
- Visit UNM's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.unum.com.
UNM Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
UNM Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$27.30||52-week high||$28.78|
|Prev. close||$28.20||52-week low||$9.58|
|Day high||$28.35||Avg. volume||2,451,795|
|50-day MA||$24.53||Dividend yield||4.04%|
|200-day MA||$20.04||Market Cap||5.56B|
Unum Group (UNM) Company Bio
Unum Group is a leading provider of financial protection benefits in the United States and the United Kingdom. Its primary businesses are Unum US, Colonial Life and Unum UK. Unum's portfolio includes disability, life, accident and critical illness coverage. The company was founded in 1848 and is based in Chattanooga, Tennessee.
UNM Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
We started the process of determining a valid price forecast for Unum Group with a discounted cash flow analysis -- the results of which can be found in the table below. To summarize, we found that Unum Group ranked in the 29th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. We should note, though, that the most conservative analysis suggests this stock will yield negative results -- and thus may be a potential short opportunity. The most interesting components of our discounted cash flow analysis for Unum Group ended up being:
- Its compound free cash flow growth rate, as measured over the past 5.81 years, is -0.14% -- higher than just 11.49% of stocks in our DCF forecasting set.
- Unum Group's weighted average cost of capital (WACC) is 8%; for context, that number is higher than merely 3.89% of tickers in our DCF set.
- Relative to other stocks in its sector (Financial Services), Unum Group has a reliance on debt greater than 66.91% of them.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
UNM Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
UNM Latest Social Stream
View Full UNM Social Stream
Latest UNM News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Unum Group that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate UNM as an investment opportunity.
Unum (NYSE: UNM), a leading provider of financial protection benefits in the U.S. and U.K., has appointed Ericka DeBruce as the company's Chief Inclusion and Diversity Officer. She will report to Liz Ahmed, Executive Vice President of People and Communications.
Unum Group's (NYSE: UNM) President & CEO, Rick McKenney, will represent the company at the 2021 RBC Capital Markets Global Financial Institutions Conference.
What is a dividend and which companies have the best-yielding dividends? Read on for a primer on how best to approach this method of investing.
Employee benefits provider Unum (NYSE: UNM) is one of the World's Most Ethical Companies for its "unwavering commitment to business integrity." The recognition was made by The Ethisphere® Institute, a non-profit that defines and measures corporate ethical standards.
RBC Capital Stick to Their Hold Rating for Unum Group
UNM Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching UNMHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on Unum Group's stock as an investment opportunity:
Get Free Updates
Join thousands of investors who get the latest news, insights and top rated picks from StockNews.com!