Unum Group (UNM): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
UNM POWR Grades
- Growth is the dimension where UNM ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 92.07% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for UNM is in Stability, which has been heading up over the past 179 days.
- UNM's current lowest rank is in the Sentiment metric (where it is better than 45.53% of US stocks).
UNM Stock Summary
- UNM's went public 36.09 years ago, making it older than 92.85% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- UNM's equity multiplier -- a measure of assets relative to shareholders'equity -- is greater than that of 83.93% of US stocks.
- Revenue growth over the past 12 months for UNUM GROUP comes in at -10.1%, a number that bests just 13.52% of the US stocks we're tracking.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to UNUM GROUP are ULH, UHS, SYF, PRI, and PHI.
- Visit UNM's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.unum.com.
UNM Valuation Summary
- UNM's price/sales ratio is 0.7; this is 46.15% lower than that of the median Financial Services stock.
- UNM's price/earnings ratio has moved down 3.4 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for UNM.
UNM Growth Metrics
- Its 3 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 6.95%.
- Its 3 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 74.21%.
- Its 3 year price growth rate is now at -0.06%.
The table below shows UNM's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
UNM's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- UNM has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 30.29% of graded US stocks.
- UNM's asset turnover comes in at 0.189 -- ranking 84th of 133 Insurance stocks.
- AIG, GNW, and RDN are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with UNM.
The table below shows UNM's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
UNM Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
UNM Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$42.18||52-week high||$46.64|
|Prev. close||$41.72||52-week low||$22.25|
|Day high||$42.18||Avg. volume||2,047,893|
|50-day MA||$41.98||Dividend yield||3.16%|
|200-day MA||$35.76||Market Cap||8.39B|
Unum Group (UNM) Company Bio
Unum Group is an American insurance company company headquartered in Chattanooga, Tennessee. Founded as Union Mutual in 1848 and known as UnumProvident from 1999-2007, the company is part of the Fortune 500. Unum Group was created by the 1999 merger of Unum Corporation and The Provident Companies and comprises four distinct businesses – Unum US, Unum UK, Unum Poland and Colonial Life. Its underwriting insurers include The Paul Revere Life Insurance Company and Provident Life and Accident Insurance Company. Unum is the top disability insurer in both the United States and United Kingdom and also offers other insurance products including accident, critical illness and life insurance. (Source:Wikipedia)
Most Popular Stories View All
UNM Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
UNM Latest Social Stream
View Full UNM Social Stream
Latest UNM News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about UNUM GROUP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate UNM as an investment opportunity.
The P/B ratio helps to identify low-priced stocks that have high growth prospects. Celestica (CLS), HF Sinclair Corporation (DINO), Unum Group (UNM), G-III Apparel Group. (GIII) and Sterling Infrastructure (STRL) are some such stocks.
Zacks.com featured highlights include Crocs, Unum Group, QuidelOrtho, LPL Financial Holdings and Clean Harbors
Crocs, Unum Group, QuidelOrtho, LPL Financial Holdings and Clean Harbors are part of the Zacks Screen of the Week article.
Value investing is essentially about selecting stocks that are usually cheap but fundamentally sound. Unum Group (UNM), AerCap (AER), G-III Apparel (GIII) and Sterling Infrastructure (STRL) boast a low P/CF ratio.
Sales growth is vital for the survival of a business, even during an economic slowdown. Let's check Crocs (CROX), Unum (UNM), QuidelOrtho (QDEL), LPL Financial (LPLA) and Clean Harbors (CLH), which are witnessing top-line growth.
Here at Zacks, our focus is on the proven Zacks Rank system, which emphasizes earnings estimates and estimate revisions to find great stocks. Nevertheless, we are always paying attention to the latest value, growth, and momentum trends to underscore strong picks.
UNM Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|