Unum Group (UNM): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
UNM POWR Grades
- UNM scores best on the Value dimension, with a Value rank ahead of 87.67% of US stocks.
- UNM's strongest trending metric is Momentum; it's been moving up over the last 179 days.
- UNM ranks lowest in Sentiment; there it ranks in the 10th percentile.
UNM Stock Summary
- UNM's went public 35.42 years ago, making it older than 92.13% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- UNM's price/sales ratio is 0.54; that's higher than the P/S ratio of merely 12.12% of US stocks.
- Revenue growth over the past 12 months for Unum Group comes in at -8.72%, a number that bests only 11.43% of the US stocks we're tracking.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to UNM, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are RGA, TPL, ULH, MOXC, and LU.
- UNM's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Unum Group's official web site, go to www.unum.com.
UNM Valuation Summary
- UNM's price/earnings ratio is 7.4; this is 32.73% lower than that of the median Financial Services stock.
- Over the past 243 months, UNM's price/sales ratio has gone down 0.3.
- UNM's price/sales ratio has moved down 0.3 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for UNM.
UNM Growth Metrics
- Its 5 year revenue growth rate is now at 9.93%.
- Its year over year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 66.61%.
- The 5 year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at 21.88%.
The table below shows UNM's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
UNM's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- UNM has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 30.29% of graded US stocks.
- UNM's asset turnover comes in at 0.189 -- ranking 84th of 133 Insurance stocks.
- AIG, GNW, and RDN are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with UNM.
The table below shows UNM's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
UNM Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
UNM Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$34.02||52-week high||$37.49|
|Prev. close||$34.38||52-week low||$22.25|
|Day high||$34.52||Avg. volume||2,465,097|
|50-day MA||$34.28||Dividend yield||3.49%|
|200-day MA||$28.82||Market Cap||6.84B|
Unum Group (UNM) Company Bio
Unum Group is a leading provider of financial protection benefits in the United States and the United Kingdom. Its primary businesses are Unum US, Colonial Life and Unum UK. Unum's portfolio includes disability, life, accident and critical illness coverage. The company was founded in 1848 and is based in Chattanooga, Tennessee.
Most Popular Stories View All
UNM Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
UNM Latest Social Stream
View Full UNM Social Stream
Latest UNM News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Unum Group that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate UNM as an investment opportunity.
AMERISAFE's (AMSF) fourth-quarter results hurt by fall in revenues, soft underwriting results and increasing expenses.
Aflac, Unum Group Amerisafe, Employers Holdings and Trupanion are included in this blog.
Unum (NYSE:UNM) employees have a new benefit to prepare for unexpected expenses – without dipping into their retirement or using credit cards. Employees can contribute a portion of their paycheck to an emergency savings fund.
Higher claims frequency leading to upward pricing pressure, coupled with adoption of technology will boost performance of Zacks Accident and Health Insurance industry insurance players like AFL, UNM, TRUP, EIG and AMSF.
No summary available.
UNM Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|