Union Pacific Corp. (UNP): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
UNP POWR Grades
- UNP scores best on the Quality dimension, with a Quality rank ahead of 91.83% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for UNP is in Quality, which has been heading down over the past 178 days.
- UNP's current lowest rank is in the Value metric (where it is better than 10.59% of US stocks).
UNP Stock Summary
- UNION PACIFIC CORP's market capitalization of $132,753,936,744 is ahead of 98.47% of US-listed equities.
- With a one year PEG ratio of 146.37, UNION PACIFIC CORP is expected to have a higher PEG ratio (a measure of how expensive a stock is relative to its expected earnings growth) than 84.53% of US stocks.
- UNP's went public 36.95 years ago, making it older than 93.44% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to UNP, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are T, DEO, VZ, CVS, and TD.
- Visit UNP's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.up.com.
UNP Valuation Summary
- UNP's EV/EBIT ratio is 16.1; this is 8% lower than that of the median Industrials stock.
- Over the past 243 months, UNP's price/earnings ratio has gone up 6.6.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for UNP.
UNP Growth Metrics
- Its year over year revenue growth rate is now at 17.39%.
- Its 3 year price growth rate is now at 38.34%.
- Its year over year price growth rate is now at 12.12%.
The table below shows UNP's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
UNP's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- UNP has a Quality Grade of A, ranking ahead of 96.53% of graded US stocks.
- UNP's asset turnover comes in at 0.341 -- ranking 61st of 137 Transportation stocks.
- ARCB, CSX, and PATI are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with UNP.
The table below shows UNP's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
UNP Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
UNP Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$211.73||52-week high||$278.94|
|Prev. close||$214.73||52-week low||$183.70|
|Day high||$213.55||Avg. volume||3,188,127|
|50-day MA||$202.44||Dividend yield||2.42%|
|200-day MA||$224.63||Market Cap||130.17B|
Union Pacific Corp. (UNP) Company Bio
The Union Pacific Corporation (Union Pacific) is a publicly traded railroad holding company. It was incorporated in Utah in 1969 and is headquartered in Omaha, Nebraska. It is the parent company of the current, Delaware-registered, form of the Union Pacific Railroad.
Most Popular Stories View All
UNP Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
UNP Latest Social Stream
View Full UNP Social Stream
Latest UNP News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about UNION PACIFIC CORP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate UNP as an investment opportunity.
A railroad workers strike would affect most industries.
Speaker Nancy Pelosi said that House lawmakers will take up legislation on Wednesday to stop a nationwide strike by railroad workers, saying Congress needs to intervene to prevent devastating job losses.
The rail strike is looming because the railroads are refusing to give their workers paid sick days, even though they are swimming in profits. Congress should let workers use their leverage.
Congressional leaders say they will have a bill ready first thing Wednesday that would avert strike by the nation's freight rail workers.
By Liz Moyer
UNP Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|