Union Pacific Corp. (UNP): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
UNP POWR Grades
- UNP scores best on the Momentum dimension, with a Momentum rank ahead of 94.47% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for UNP is in Value, which has been heading down over the past 179 days.
- UNP's current lowest rank is in the Value metric (where it is better than 7.91% of US stocks).
UNP Stock Summary
- With a market capitalization of $174,261,923,625, Union Pacific Corp has a greater market value than 98.75% of US stocks.
- With a one year PEG ratio of 143.3, Union Pacific Corp is expected to have a higher PEG ratio (a measure of how expensive a stock is relative to its expected earnings growth) than 83.4% of US stocks.
- UNP's went public 36.27 years ago, making it older than 92.84% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to UNP, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are T, LIN, UPS, SCHW, and RY.
- UNP's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Union Pacific Corp's official web site, go to www.up.com.
UNP Valuation Summary
- UNP's EV/EBIT ratio is 19.7; this is 7.94% lower than that of the median Industrials stock.
- Over the past 243 months, UNP's price/sales ratio has gone up 5.9.
- UNP's price/sales ratio has moved up 5.9 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for UNP.
UNP Growth Metrics
- The 3 year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at 31.46%.
- Its year over year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 4.69%.
- Its year over year revenue growth rate is now at -10.43%.
The table below shows UNP's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
UNP's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- UNP has a Quality Grade of A, ranking ahead of 96.53% of graded US stocks.
- UNP's asset turnover comes in at 0.341 -- ranking 61st of 137 Transportation stocks.
- ARCB, CSX, and PATI are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with UNP.
The table below shows UNP's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
UNP Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
UNP Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$215.26||52-week high||$278.94|
|Prev. close||$213.28||52-week low||$195.68|
|Day high||$216.21||Avg. volume||3,430,859|
|50-day MA||$222.18||Dividend yield||2.42%|
|200-day MA||$236.71||Market Cap||135.19B|
Union Pacific Corp. (UNP) Company Bio
The Union Pacific Corporation (Union Pacific) is a publicly traded railroad holding company. It was incorporated in Utah in 1969 and is headquartered in Omaha, Nebraska. It is the parent company of the current, Delaware-registered, form of the Union Pacific Railroad.
Most Popular Stories View All
UNP Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
UNP Latest Social Stream
View Full UNP Social Stream
Latest UNP News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Union Pacific Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate UNP as an investment opportunity.
SkyWest (SKYW) banks on improvement in air-travel demand. However, rising expenses are a concern.
Utah lawmakers are steamrolling ahead with a bill to strong arm the largest railroad company in North America, with a top legislative leader accusing the company of being an unwilling and uncooperative partner in efforts to clear the state''s troublesome air pollution.
On CNBCs Halftime Report Final Trades , Stephanie Link of Hightower said Walmart Incs (NYSE: WMT ) stocks acts like a staple and is more defensive. Link added, I like it in this Full story available on Benzinga.com
Dow Jones Futures Slash Losses: Putin Recognizes Ukraine Separatist Regions; Germany Halts Nord Stream 2 Pipeline
Futures tumbled: Russian President Vladimir Putin recognized Ukraine separatist regions as independent. Doubts grew of a Biden-Putin summit.
Apple and Hilton lead this watch list of five stocks near buy points with relative strength lines already breaking out.
UNP Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|