Union Pacific Corporation (UNP): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
UNP POWR Grades
- UNP scores best on the Quality dimension, with a Quality rank ahead of 96.45% of US stocks.
- UNP's strongest trending metric is Quality; it's been moving up over the last 200 days.
- UNP ranks lowest in Value; there it ranks in the 18th percentile.
UNP Stock Summary
- With a market capitalization of $151,790,031,949, Union Pacific Corp has a greater market value than 98.57% of US stocks.
- Union Pacific Corp's stock had its IPO on January 1, 1986, making it an older stock than 92.83% of US equities in our set.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, UNP is more volatile than only 4.12% of stocks we're observing.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Union Pacific Corp are AMGN, HON, LIN, AZN, and BMY.
- Visit UNP's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.up.com.
UNP Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
UNP Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$222.00||52-week high||$231.26|
|Prev. close||$226.61||52-week low||$147.05|
|Day high||$226.34||Avg. volume||2,848,540|
|50-day MA||$219.15||Dividend yield||1.71%|
|200-day MA||$204.25||Market Cap||147.48B|
Union Pacific Corporation (UNP) Company Bio
Union Pacific offers freight transportation services for agricultural products, including grains, commodities produced from grains, and food and beverage products; automotive products, chemicals, plastics, crude oil, liquid petroleum gases, fertilizers, soda ash, sodium products, and phosphorus rock and sulfur products. The company was founded in 1862 and is based in Omaha, Nebraska.
UNP Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
The table below illustrates the output of a discounted cash flow forecast using a variety of scenarios for Union Pacific Corp. To summarize, we found that Union Pacific Corp ranked in the 34th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Our DCF analysis suggests the stock is overvalued by about 58.67%. As for the metrics that stood out in our discounted cash flow analysis of Union Pacific Corp, consider:
- Union Pacific Corp's weighted average cost of capital (WACC) is 9%; for context, that number is higher than merely 21.51% of tickers in our DCF set.
- As a business, Union Pacific Corp experienced a tax rate of about 17% over the past twelve months; relative to its sector (Industrials), this tax rate is higher than 61.35% of stocks generating free cash flow.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
UNP Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
UNP Latest Social Stream
View Full UNP Social Stream
Latest UNP News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Union Pacific Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate UNP as an investment opportunity.
The big shareholder groups in Union Pacific Corporation ( NYSE:UNP ) have power over the company. Generally speaking...
There's no denying that familiar stocks like Facebook and Apple have helped set the bullish tone on Wall Street for the past year. Rather, it's the transportation sector that has booked the biggest overall gains since the market hit its low point in mid-March 2020. With a great deal of commerce that was previously conducted in stores is now taking place online, Shippers like UPS (NYSE: UPS) and FedEx (NYSE: FDX) have about all the business they can handle.
TuSimple could jump 36% as the company leads the race in the $4 trillion autonomous trucking market, BofA says
Summary List Placement T uSimple is "leading the autonomous revolution in trucking" and its stock could jump 36% over the next year, according to Bank of America. In a note to clients on Monday, analysts led by Ken Hoexter initiated coverage on TuSimple with a "buy" rating and a $51 price target. The price target represents a potential 36% jump in share prices from Friday's closing price of $37.29 per share. Hoexter and his team said that TuSimple is set to take a large chunk of the $4 trillion total addressable freight trucking market over the next decade. TuSimple hopes to operate an Autonomous Freight Network (AFN) across the US that will provide a comprehensive, turnkey solution to companies that want to do away with traditional trucking methods. The company has received 240 patents...
Evercore ISI Stick to Their Buy Rating for Union Pacific Corp.
Robert W. Baird Stick to Their Buy Rating for Union Pacific Corp.
UNP Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|