Union Pacific Corp. (UNP): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
UNP POWR Grades
- UNP scores best on the Quality dimension, with a Quality rank ahead of 96.43% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for UNP is in Momentum, which has been heading up over the past 47 weeks.
- UNP ranks lowest in Value; there it ranks in the 19th percentile.
UNP Stock Summary
- With a market capitalization of $132,667,889,490, Union Pacific Corp has a greater market value than 98.1% of US stocks.
- With a one year PEG ratio of 530.73, Union Pacific Corp is expected to have a higher PEG ratio (a measure of how expensive a stock is relative to its expected earnings growth) than 94.07% of US stocks.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, UNP is more volatile than merely 1.39% of stocks we're observing.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Union Pacific Corp, a group of peers worth examining would be DEO, TMUS, LIN, TD, and CHTR.
- Visit UNP's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.up.com.
UNP Valuation Summary
- UNP's EV/EBIT ratio is 19.7; this is 7.94% lower than that of the median Industrials stock.
- Over the past 243 months, UNP's price/sales ratio has gone up 5.9.
- UNP's price/sales ratio has moved up 5.9 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for UNP.
UNP Growth Metrics
- Its 2 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 7.82%.
- Its 4 year price growth rate is now at 74.4%.
- Its year over year revenue growth rate is now at -10.43%.
The table below shows UNP's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
UNP's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- UNP has a Quality Grade of A, ranking ahead of 96.42% of graded US stocks.
- UNP's asset turnover comes in at 0.329 -- ranking 54th of 138 Transportation stocks.
- PTSI, ODFL, and FWRD are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with UNP.
The table below shows UNP's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
UNP Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
UNP Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$201.47||52-week high||$231.26|
|Prev. close||$203.44||52-week low||$171.50|
|Day high||$204.57||Avg. volume||2,872,622|
|50-day MA||$218.03||Dividend yield||2.12%|
|200-day MA||$215.63||Market Cap||131.38B|
Union Pacific Corp. (UNP) Company Bio
The Union Pacific Corporation (Union Pacific) is a publicly traded railroad holding company. It was incorporated in Utah in 1969 and is headquartered in Omaha, Nebraska. It is the parent company of the current, Delaware-registered, form of the Union Pacific Railroad.
Most Popular Stories View All
UNP Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
UNP Latest Social Stream
View Full UNP Social Stream
Latest UNP News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Union Pacific Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate UNP as an investment opportunity.
How the CEO of one of America''s biggest railroads plans to cash in on the e-commerce boom that threatens to leave his industry behind
Union Pacific CEO Lance Fritz CNBC/Youtube Union Pacific
Watch out for railroad stocks like Union Pacific (UNP), Norfolk Southern (NSC) and CSX (CSX) as the U.S. railroad industry continues its recovery from the pandemic-induced slump.
Per management, Kansas City Southern (KSU) will nullify the deal inked with Canadian National, if the latter does not come up with a better offer by Sep 17.
Rail Logistics Market May Set Epic Growth Story with Union Pacific, Canadian National Railway, DB Schenker
The Global Rail Logistics Market study with 104+ market data Tables, Pie Chart & Figures is now released by HTF MI. The research assessment of the Market is designed to analyze futuristic trend, growth factors, industry opinions, industry validated market 
Union Pacific Chairman, President & CEO Lance Fritz discusses the rail operator's recent earnings, and outlook for the freight rail industry.
UNP Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|