Union Pacific Corporation (UNP): Price and Financial Metrics
UNP Stock Summary
- UNP has a market capitalization of $139,773,293,177 -- more than approximately 98.49% of US stocks.
- Union Pacific Corp's stock had its IPO on January 1, 1986, making it an older stock than 92.76% of US equities in our set.
- The volatility of Union Pacific Corp's share price is greater than that of only 11.62% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Union Pacific Corp, a group of peers worth examining would be TMUS, DCMYY, LIN, HSBC, and CHTR.
- UNP's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Union Pacific Corp's official web site, go to www.up.com.
UNP Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
UNP Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$205.96||52-week high||$221.28|
|Prev. close||$208.67||52-week low||$105.08|
|Day high||$210.21||Avg. volume||2,971,415|
|50-day MA||$207.04||Dividend yield||1.86%|
|200-day MA||$191.52||Market Cap||137.96B|
Union Pacific Corporation (UNP) Company Bio
Union Pacific offers freight transportation services for agricultural products, including grains, commodities produced from grains, and food and beverage products; automotive products, chemicals, plastics, crude oil, liquid petroleum gases, fertilizers, soda ash, sodium products, and phosphorus rock and sulfur products. The company was founded in 1862 and is based in Omaha, Nebraska.
UNP Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
The table below illustrates the output of a discounted cash flow forecast using a variety of scenarios for Union Pacific Corp. To summarize, we found that Union Pacific Corp ranked in the 37th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Our DCF analysis suggests the stock is overvalued by about 50.5%. In terms of the factors that were most noteworthy in this DCF analysis for UNP, they are:
- The company has produced more trailing twelve month cash flow than 97.45% of its sector Industrials.
- Union Pacific Corp's weighted average cost of capital (WACC) is 9%; for context, that number is higher than merely 21.81% of tickers in our DCF set.
- UNP's estimated cost of debt, based largely on its market capitalization and its interest coverage ratio, is 3%; for context, that number is higher than merely 21.81% of tickers in our DCF set.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
UNP Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
UNP Latest Social Stream
View Full UNP Social Stream
Latest UNP News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Union Pacific Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate UNP as an investment opportunity.
Union Pacific Corporation CFO Jennifer Hamann to Address the Raymond James 42nd Annual Institutional Investors Conference
Jennifer Hamann, executive vice president and chief financial officer, of Union Pacific Corporation (NYSE: UNP), will address the Raymond James 42nd Annual Institutional Investors Conference on Tuesday, March 2, 2021, at 9:10 a.m. ET.
National Park Foundation and Union Pacific Deepen Partnership to Connect an Entire Generation of Students to National Parks
National Park Foundation and Union Pacific Deepen Partnership to Connect an Entire Generation of Students to National ParksPR NewswireWASHINGTON, Feb. 18, 2021Thanks To Union Pacific's Ongoing Support, The Foundation Is Helping To Inspire A Lifelong Love Of The Outdoors, Recreation, And ExplorationWASHINGTON, Feb.
In this article, we discuss Billionaire Richard Chilton’s Top 10 Stock Picks. You can skip our discussion about Chilton’s investment philosophy, his hedge fund’s gains and history and go directly to Billionaire Richard Chilton’s Top 5 Stock Picks. Richard L. Chilton, Jr. established Chilton Investment Company in 1992 with the strategy of generating attractive returns […]
NORFOLK, Va., Feb. 11, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- Norfolk Southern (NYSE: NSC) announced today that its board of directors has elected Hunt Cary, a 28-year railroad veteran, as vice president operations efficiency. Joining Norfolk Southern from Union Pacific Corporation, Cary brings extensive…
OMAHA, Neb., Feb. 10, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- Union Pacific today announced it received approval of its science-based targets determining how much and how quickly the company will reduce greenhouse gas emissions (GHG). The Science Based Targets initiative (SBTi) approved the targets to…
UNP Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching UNPWant to do more research on Union Pacific Corp's stock and its price? Try the links below:
Get Free Updates
Join thousands of investors who get the latest news, insights and top rated picks from StockNews.com!