Union Pacific Corp. (UNP): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
UNP POWR Grades
- UNP scores best on the Momentum dimension, with a Momentum rank ahead of 96.47% of US stocks.
- UNP's strongest trending metric is Value; it's been moving down over the last 161 days.
- UNP ranks lowest in Value; there it ranks in the 12th percentile.
UNP Stock Summary
- UNP has a higher market value than 98.41% of US stocks; more precisely, its current market capitalization is $153,030,131,628.
- UNP's one year PEG ratio, measuring expected growth in earnings next year relative to current common stock price is 207.13 -- higher than 87.57% of US-listed equities with positive expected earnings growth.
- Union Pacific Corp's stock had its IPO on January 1, 1986, making it an older stock than 92.76% of US equities in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Union Pacific Corp, a group of peers worth examining would be HSBC, LIN, MDT, TD, and SONY.
- Visit UNP's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.up.com.
UNP Valuation Summary
- UNP's EV/EBIT ratio is 19.7; this is 7.94% lower than that of the median Industrials stock.
- Over the past 243 months, UNP's price/sales ratio has gone up 5.9.
- UNP's price/sales ratio has moved up 5.9 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for UNP.
UNP Growth Metrics
- Its 5 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 25.78%.
- Its 4 year price growth rate is now at 74.4%.
- The year over year price growth rate now stands at 43.13%.
The table below shows UNP's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
UNP's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- UNP has a Quality Grade of A, ranking ahead of 96.53% of graded US stocks.
- UNP's asset turnover comes in at 0.341 -- ranking 61st of 137 Transportation stocks.
- ARCB, CSX, and PATI are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with UNP.
The table below shows UNP's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
UNP Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
UNP Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$242.07||52-week high||$256.11|
|Prev. close||$239.49||52-week low||$193.14|
|Day high||$245.66||Avg. volume||3,262,089|
|50-day MA||$244.82||Dividend yield||1.97%|
|200-day MA||$226.70||Market Cap||155.62B|
Union Pacific Corp. (UNP) Company Bio
The Union Pacific Corporation (Union Pacific) is a publicly traded railroad holding company. It was incorporated in Utah in 1969 and is headquartered in Omaha, Nebraska. It is the parent company of the current, Delaware-registered, form of the Union Pacific Railroad.
Most Popular Stories View All
UNP Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
UNP Latest Social Stream
View Full UNP Social Stream
Latest UNP News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Union Pacific Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate UNP as an investment opportunity.
Investment company Ogorek Anthony Joseph (Current Portfolio) buys Eli Lilly and Co, Union Pacific Corp, International Business Machines Corp, First Trust New York Municipal High Income ETF, WisdomTree U.S.
Investment company Thomasville National Bank (Current Portfolio) buys Flowers Foods Inc, Vanguard Total Corporate ETF, Intuit Inc, Darling Ingredients Inc, PayPal Holdings Inc, sells Vanguard Information Technology ETF, iShares TIPS Bond ETF, iShares MSCI Emerging Markets ETF, Chevron Corp, BlackRock Inc during the 3-months ended 2021Q4, according to the most recent filings of the investment company, Thomasville National Bank.
Investment company Ellsworth Advisors, LLC (Current Portfolio) buys Coliseum Acquisition Corp, Activision Blizzard Inc, Fiserv Inc, Restaurant Brands International Inc, Black Knight Inc, sells Goldman Sachs Access Treasury 0-1 Year ETF, S&P Global Inc, Lowe's Inc, Dollar Tree Inc, Centene Corp during the 3-months ended 2021Q4, according to the most recent filings of the investment company, Ellsworth Advisors, LLC.
Investment company Lowe Wealth Advisors, LLC (Current Portfolio) buys KraneShares Global Carbon Strategy ETF, Horizon Kinetics Inflation Beneficiaries ETF, JPMorgan Equity Premium Income ETF, iShares Russell 2000 ETF, Ford Motor Co, sells Industrial Select Sector SPDR, AT&T Inc, FMC Corp, First Trust Chindia ETF, VanEck Oil Services ETF during the 3-months ended 2021Q4, according to the most recent filings of the investment company, Lowe Wealth Advisors, LLC.
Earnings season heats up this week with large cap stalwarts ready to set the tone.
UNP Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|