Union Pacific Corp. (UNP): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
UNP POWR Grades
- Quality is the dimension where UNP ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 91.79% of US stocks.
- UNP's strongest trending metric is Growth; it's been moving down over the last 177 days.
- UNP ranks lowest in Value; there it ranks in the 15th percentile.
UNP Stock Summary
- UNP has a market capitalization of $115,344,175,648 -- more than approximately 98.32% of US stocks.
- UNP's went public 37.26 years ago, making it older than 93.5% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, UNP is more volatile than just 9.24% of stocks we're observing.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to UNION PACIFIC CORP are DEO, AXP, T, TD, and SCHW.
- UNP's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit UNION PACIFIC CORP's official web site, go to www.up.com.
UNP Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Industrials stock, UNP's price/earnings ratio is 13.09% lower, now standing at 16.6.
- Over the past 243 months, UNP's price/sales ratio has gone up 3.5.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for UNP.
UNP Growth Metrics
- Its 4 year price growth rate is now at 34.14%.
- Its year over year price growth rate is now at 12.12%.
- The 4 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at 7.72%.
The table below shows UNP's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
UNP's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- UNP has a Quality Grade of A, ranking ahead of 96.53% of graded US stocks.
- UNP's asset turnover comes in at 0.341 -- ranking 61st of 137 Transportation stocks.
- ARCB, CSX, and PATI are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with UNP.
The table below shows UNP's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
UNP Price Target
For more insight on analysts targets of UNP, see our UNP price target page. And for a list of of all stocks sorted by upside potential based on analyst target price, see our Top Price Target page.
|Average Price Target||$247.44||Average Broker Recommendation||1.47 (Moderate Buy)|
UNP Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
UNP Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$199.09||52-week high||$278.94|
|Prev. close||$196.58||52-week low||$183.69|
|Day high||$199.87||Avg. volume||3,613,758|
|50-day MA||$201.07||Dividend yield||2.69%|
|200-day MA||$209.94||Market Cap||121.82B|
Union Pacific Corp. (UNP) Company Bio
The Union Pacific Corporation (Union Pacific) is a publicly traded railroad holding company. It was incorporated in Utah in 1969 and is headquartered in Omaha, Nebraska. It is the parent company of the current, Delaware-registered, form of the Union Pacific Railroad.
Most Popular Stories View All
UNP Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
UNP Latest Social Stream
View Full UNP Social Stream
Latest UNP News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about UNION PACIFIC CORP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate UNP as an investment opportunity.
How Trains Derail, Explained by an NTSB Investigator
The train derailment in East Palestine, Ohio, was just one of over 1,000 that happen every year. NTSB’s Michael Hiller explains the most common reasons trains come off the tracks and what can be done to prevent them. Photo illustration: Xingpei Shen
Investing in Union Pacific (NYSE:UNP) five years ago would have delivered you a 58% gain
It hasn't been the best quarter for Union Pacific Corporation ( NYSE:UNP ) shareholders, since the share price has...
Union Pacific Corporation (UNP) Shares Rose 7% in Q4
Diamond Hill Capital, an investment management company, released its “Large Cap Concentrated Strategy” fourth-quarter 2022 investor letter. A copy of the same can be downloaded here. In the fourth quarter, the strategy returned 12.13% net of fees compared to a 7.24% return for the Russell 1000 Index. Holdings in the consumer discretionary, industrials, and financials sectors […]
Union Pacific 2nd railroad to drop push for one-person crews
Union Pacific has become the second major freight railroad in the past week to back away from the industry's longstanding push to cut train crews down to one person as lawmakers and regulators increasingly focus on rail safety following last month's fiery derailment in Ohio. The Feb. 3 derailment of a Norfolk Southern train that forced the evacuation of roughly half the town of East Palestine near the Ohio-Pennsylvania border after officials released and burned toxic chemicals is what sparked the renewed interest in railroad safety. A bipartisan bill that's gaining support in Congress would require railroads to maintain two-person crews and make several other changes designed to reduce the chances of future derailments.
Better Buy: 3M vs. Union Pacific
Multi-industry industrial 3M (NYSE: MMM) and West Coast railroad Union Pacific (NYSE: UNP) have underperformed the S&P 500 over the last three and five years. One form of value investing argues that buying the laggard in a peer group often makes sense. The idea is the company has an opportunity to play catch-up with its peers in terms of operational metrics and, in doing so, release a significant amount of value for investors.
UNP Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching UNPWant to do more research on Union Pacific Corp's stock and its price? Try the links below:
Union Pacific Corp (UNP) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Union Pacific Corp (UNP) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Union Pacific Corp (UNP) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch
Loading social stream, please wait...