Union Pacific Corporation (UNP) Dividends
Dividend Yield and Dividend History Highlights
- Over the past six years, UNP has issued more dividends than 95.17% of other dividend-issuing US stocks.
- Currently, UNP generates more cash flow over the 12 months prior than 92.74% of US dividend stocks.
- In terms of absolute dollars distributed to common shareholders over the past 12 months, UNP has returned $2,647,000,000 US dollars, more than 93.42% of US dividend issuers.
- As for stocks whose price is uncorrelated with UNP's price and thus may be suitable peers for a diversified dividend portfolio, check out the following: CTBI, LDOS, MRCC, PAA and EEX.
UNP Price Forecast Based on Dividend Discount Model
|Current Price||DDM Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
A technique commonly used by dividend investors to value dividend-issuing stocks is the Dividend Discount Model (DDM), which seeks to determine a fair share price based on the dividend provided by the company relative to a number of other company-specific factors. Regarding Union Pacific Corp, the DDM model, as implemented by StockNews, implies a negative return of 43.02% relative to its current price. Some interesting points we thought investors may wish to consider regarding the dividend discount model forecast for Union Pacific Corp are:
- Compared to other US stocks that pay a dividend, Union Pacific Corp's dividend yield of 1.93% is in the bottom 37.84%.
- The stock's annual revenue of roughly $20 billion puts it in the large-sized revenue class, where its estimated gain based on our dividend discount model price relative to its current share price is greater than 35.08% of companies in the same revenue class.
UNP Dividend Chart
UNP Dividend History
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
UNP Dividends vs. Peers
|1||TRN||Trinity Industries, Inc.||3.20%|
|2||GBX||Greenbrier Companies, Inc. (The)||3.07%|
|4||ARII||American Railcar Industries, Inc.||2.28%|
|5||UNP||Union Pacific Corporation||1.87%|
|6||CNI||Canadian National Railway Company||1.59%|
|7||NSC||Norfolk Southern Corporation||1.56%|
|9||WERN||Werner Enterprises, Inc.||0.90%|
|10||CP||Canadian Pacific Railway Limited||0.87%|
|11||KSU||Kansas City Southern||0.84%|
|12||WAB||Westinghouse Air Brake Technologies Corporation||0.65%|
|13||GWR||Genesee & Wyoming Inc.||0.00%|
|14||FSTR||L.B. Foster Company||0.00%|
|15||KIQ||Kelso Technologies Inc Ordinary Shares||0.00%|
|16||RAIL||Freightcar America, Inc.||0.00%|