Union Pacific Corp. (UNP) Dividends
Dividend Yield and Dividend History Highlights
- UNP has issued more total dividends (as measured in absolute US dollars) over the past six years than 94.88% of other US stocks currently paying dividends.
- Currently, UNP generates more cash flow over the 12 months prior than 92.49% of US dividend stocks.
- In terms of absolute dollars distributed to common shareholders over the past 12 months, UNP has returned $2,616,000,000 US dollars, more than 93.8% of US dividend issuers.
- As for stocks whose price is uncorrelated with UNP's price and thus may be suitable peers for a diversified dividend portfolio, check out the following: LGHL, NYT, NYC, SAIL and JP.
UNP Price Forecast Based on Dividend Discount Model
|Current Price||DDM Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
The Dividend Discount Model (DDM) is a valuation model that attempts to determine a fair share price for a stock, based on the dividend it provides in comparison to several company-specific metrics indicative of the riskiness of the stock and the financial health of the company. As for UNP, the dividend discount model StockNews created for the company implies a positive return of 35.61%. Some interesting points we thought investors may wish to consider regarding the dividend discount model forecast for Union Pacific Corp are:
- If we compare the valuation opportunity a dividend discount model provides relative to other dividend stocks in the Industrials sector, the expected return of 35.61%, based on the stock's current share price and target price based on a dividend discount model, is greater than 82.4% of the DDM-forecasted return of its its sector peers.
- Compared to all dividend issuing stocks in our set, Union Pacific Corp bears a discount rate, according to our calculations, lower than 82.4% of them (lower discount rates are generally perceived as positive, and a sign of lower risk).
- Beta, which compares volatilty of an individual stock to that of the S&P 500, is lower for UNP than it is for 85.41% of other equities in the Industrials sector that also issue dividends.
UNP Dividend Chart
UNP Dividend History
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
UNP Dividends vs. Peers
|1||TRN||Trinity Industries, Inc.||3.82%|
|2||GBX||Greenbrier Companies, Inc. (The)||3.02%|
|3||UNP||Union Pacific Corp.||2.44%|
|4||ARII||American Railcar Industries, Inc.||2.28%|
|6||NSC||Norfolk Southern Corp.||2.18%|
|7||CNI||Canadian National Railway Company||2.06%|
|8||WJRYY||West Japan Railway Company||1.44%|
|10||CP||Canadian Pacific Railway Limited||0.83%|
|11||KSU||Kansas City Southern||0.74%|
|12||WAB||Westinghouse Air Brake Technologies Corporation||0.73%|
|13||CJPRY||Central Japan Railway Company||0.62%|
|14||GWR||Genesee & Wyoming Inc.||0.00%|
|15||FSTR||L.B. Foster Company||0.00%|
|16||KIQ||Kelso Technologies Inc Ordinary Shares||0.00%|
|17||RVSN||Rail Vision Ltd.||0.00%|
|18||RAIL||Freightcar America, Inc.||0.00%|
|19||GSHHY||Guangshen Railway Company Limited||0.00%|
|20||EJPRY||East Japan Railway Company||0.00%|
|21||CDGLY||ComfortDelGro Corporation Limited||0.00%|
|22||MTCPY||MTR Corporation Limited||0.00%|