Univar Inc. (UNVR): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
UNVR POWR Grades
- Sentiment is the dimension where UNVR ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 96.12% of US stocks.
- UNVR's strongest trending metric is Stability; it's been moving up over the last 31 weeks.
- UNVR ranks lowest in Quality; there it ranks in the 50th percentile.
UNVR Stock Summary
- Univar Solutions Inc's capital turnover -- a measure of revenue relative to shareholder's equity -- is better than 90.93% of US listed stocks.
- With a price/earnings ratio of 62.23, Univar Solutions Inc P/E ratio is greater than that of about 85.29% of stocks in our set with positive earnings.
- UNVR's price/sales ratio is 0.48; that's higher than the P/S ratio of just 9.06% of US stocks.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Univar Solutions Inc are JBT, MSA, GOOS, FLS, and MAN.
- UNVR's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Univar Solutions Inc's official web site, go to www.univar.com.
UNVR Valuation Summary
- UNVR's price/sales ratio is 0.5; this is 79.17% lower than that of the median Basic Materials stock.
- Over the past 74 months, UNVR's price/sales ratio has gone up 0.2.
- UNVR's EV/EBIT ratio has moved down 0.4 over the prior 74 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for UNVR.
UNVR Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
UNVR Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$23.60||52-week high||$28.00|
|Prev. close||$23.19||52-week low||$15.70|
|Day high||$23.63||Avg. volume||994,287|
|50-day MA||$25.75||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$21.48||Market Cap||4.00B|
Univar Inc. (UNVR) Company Bio
Univar Inc. distributes commodity and specialty chemical products, and related services worldwide. The company offers caustic-soda, hydrochloric acid, absorbents, catalysts, fuel additives, water soluble polymers, gas treating amines, lubricants, surfactants, solvents, methanol, and heat transfer fluids for oil and gas industry; and solvents, epoxy resins, polyurethanes, titanium dioxide, fumed silica, esters, plasticizers, silicones, and specialty amines for that are used to make paints, inks, glues, and other binders. The company was founded in 1924 and is based in Downers Grove, Illinois.
UNVR Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
Below please find a table outlining a discounted cash flow forecast for UNVR, in which we model out valuation assuming a variety of terminal growth rates. To summarize, we found that Univar Solutions Inc ranked in the 16th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. We should note, though, that all scenearios modelled for this stock suggest it is overvalued. In terms of the factors that were most noteworthy in this DCF analysis for UNVR, they are:
- The stock's equity weight, or the proportion of capital from equity relative to debt, is 65. Its equity weight surpasses that of only 20.74% of free cash flow generating stocks in the Basic Materials sector.
- Its compound free cash flow growth rate, as measured over the past 5.19 years, is -0.07% -- higher than just 15.48% of stocks in our DCF forecasting set.
- The business' balance sheet suggests that 35% of the company's capital is sourced from debt; this is greater than 71.56% of the free cash flow producing stocks we're observing.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
UNVR Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
UNVR Latest Social Stream
View Full UNVR Social Stream
Latest UNVR News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Univar Solutions Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate UNVR as an investment opportunity.
Univar (UNVR) has been upgraded to a Zacks Rank #2 (Buy), reflecting growing optimism about the company's earnings prospects. This might drive the stock higher in the near term.
UNVR vs. AKZOY: Which Stock Is the Better Value Option?
Many investors are still learning about the various metrics that can be useful when analysing a stock. This article is...
Most investors tend to think that hedge funds and other asset managers are worthless, as they cannot beat even simple index fund portfolios. In fact, most people expect hedge funds to compete with and outperform the bull market that we have witnessed in recent years. However, hedge funds are generally partially hedged and aim at […]
Ingevity (NGVT) experiences steady price rise due to gains from acquisitions, increased revenues in China and a rise in automotive-based activated carbon sales.
UNVR Price Returns