United Parcel Service Inc. Cl B (UPS): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
UPS POWR Grades
- UPS scores best on the Quality dimension, with a Quality rank ahead of 94.84% of US stocks.
- UPS's strongest trending metric is Stability; it's been moving down over the last 179 days.
- UPS's current lowest rank is in the Growth metric (where it is better than 37.54% of US stocks).
UPS Stock Summary
- UPS has a market capitalization of $193,618,567,597 -- more than approximately 98.84% of US stocks.
- United Parcel Service Inc's capital turnover -- a measure of revenue relative to shareholder's equity -- is better than 95.04% of US listed stocks.
- Over the past twelve months, UPS has reported earnings growth of 579.33%, putting it ahead of 96.41% of US stocks in our set.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to UPS, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are VZ, T, SCHW, UNP, and CMCSA.
- Visit UPS's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.ups.com.
UPS Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Industrials stock, UPS's EV/EBIT ratio is 0.47% higher, now standing at 21.5.
- UPS's price/earnings ratio has moved up 3.7 over the prior 243 months.
- UPS's price/sales ratio has moved down 0.3 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for UPS.
UPS Growth Metrics
- Its 4 year price growth rate is now at -8.51%.
- The 2 year revenue growth rate now stands at 5.75%.
- Its 3 year price growth rate is now at 2.48%.
The table below shows UPS's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
UPS's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- UPS has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 93.49% of graded US stocks.
- UPS's asset turnover comes in at 1.462 -- ranking 17th of 137 Transportation stocks.
- SAIA, CHRW, and RRTS are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with UPS.
The table below shows UPS's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
UPS Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
UPS Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$173.86||52-week high||$233.72|
|Prev. close||$174.11||52-week low||$165.34|
|Day high||$175.06||Avg. volume||3,392,457|
|50-day MA||$192.56||Dividend yield||3.49%|
|200-day MA||$200.59||Market Cap||151.91B|
United Parcel Service Inc. Cl B (UPS) Company Bio
United Parcel Service Inc was founded in 1907 in Seattle, Washington. The company is a package delivery organization and provider of supply chain management solutions. Its services include transportation, distribution, contract logistics, ground freight, ocean freight, air freight, insurance, and financing. The company operates on six continents and more than 220 countries and territories around the world. In 2020, UPS delivered 6.5 billion packages around the world and had a net revenue of 84.6 billion. The company is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia and employs over 495,000 individuals across the globe. Carol B Tome currently serves as the company’s 12th Chief Executive Officer.
Most Popular Stories View All
UPS Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
UPS Latest Social Stream
View Full UPS Social Stream
Latest UPS News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about United Parcel Service Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate UPS as an investment opportunity.
Danish brewer Carlsberg and a Coca-Cola bottler shut their plants in Ukraine on Thursday following Russia''s invasion while global logistics firms UPS and FedEx Corp suspended services in and out of the country. Ukraine closed its airspace as Russian forces attacked in the early hours, leaving budget airline Wizz Air trying to evacuate its Ukrainian-based crew, their families and four planes stuck in Kyiv and Lviv.
The Nasdaq Composite is on track for its eighth straight week of losses as Russia's aggression in Ukraine gives Wall Street another reason for pessimism beyond its macroeconomic concerns over inflation, supply chain issues, and rising interest rates.
United Parcel Service (UPS) is the largest package delivery company in the world and a prominent provider of global supply chain management solutions. The company offers a broad range of industry-leading products and services through its extensive presence internationally, including transportation, distribution, contract logistics, ground, ocean freight, and air freight, as well as customs brokerage and insurance. Specifically, United Parcel Service operates one of the biggest airlines in the world, as well as the world's biggest fleet of alternative fuel vehicles. Due to the ongoing supply chain crisis, UPS's operations have become more critical than ever.
The world's No. 1 logistics company, United Parcel Service Inc, on Wednesday lost its court fight for a record 1.74-billion euro ($2 billion) compensation claim from EU antitrust regulators for blocking its 2013 bid for Dutch rival TNT. The European Commission had stopped UPS' planned 5.2-billion-euro acquisition of TNT because it had not offered enough remedies to allay concerns that the deal would hurt consumers. "The General Court dismisses two actions for damages brought by UPS and ASL Aviation Holdings," the court said.
LUXEMBOURG (Reuters) -The world's No. 1 logistics company, United Parcel Service Inc, on Wednesday lost its court fight for a record 1.74-billion euro ($2 billion) compensation claim from EU antitrust regulators for blocking its 2013 bid for Dutch rival TNT. The European Commission had stopped UPS' planned 5.2-billion-euro acquisition of TNT because it had not offered enough remedies to allay concerns that the deal would hurt consumers. "The General Court dismisses two actions for damages brought by UPS and ASL Aviation Holdings," the court said.
UPS Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching UPSWant to see what other sources are saying about United Parcel Service Inc's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
United Parcel Service Inc (UPS) Stock Price | Nasdaq
United Parcel Service Inc (UPS) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
United Parcel Service Inc (UPS) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch