U.S. Bancorp (USB): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
USB POWR Grades
- USB scores best on the Momentum dimension, with a Momentum rank ahead of 92.95% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for USB is in Stability, which has been heading up over the past 179 days.
- USB ranks lowest in Growth; there it ranks in the 29th percentile.
USB Stock Summary
- USB has a higher market value than 96.89% of US stocks; more precisely, its current market capitalization is $59,906,812,009.
- USB's went public 34.94 years ago, making it older than 91.2% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- Equity multiplier, or assets relative to shareholders' equity, comes in at 11.12 for US BANCORP; that's greater than it is for 93.27% of US stocks.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to USB, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are SHW, TFC, ITUB, TGT, and CHTR.
- Visit USB's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.usbank.com.
USB Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Financial Services stock, USB's price/sales ratio is 3.57% lower, now standing at 2.7.
- USB's price/earnings ratio has moved down 5.7 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for USB.
USB Growth Metrics
- Its year over year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 1.84%.
- Its 2 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at -5.35%.
- Its 5 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 97.79%.
The table below shows USB's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
USB's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- USB has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 45.91% of graded US stocks.
- USB's asset turnover comes in at 0.041 -- ranking 164th of 430 Banking stocks.
- CATY, LBAI, and HFWA are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with USB.
The table below shows USB's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
USB Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
USB Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$41.08||52-week high||$63.57|
|Prev. close||$42.20||52-week low||$40.27|
|Day high||$42.06||Avg. volume||7,578,740|
|50-day MA||$45.74||Dividend yield||4.55%|
|200-day MA||$51.19||Market Cap||61.04B|
U.S. Bancorp (USB) Company Bio
U.S. Bancorp (stylized as us bancorp) is an American bank holding company based in Minneapolis, Minnesota, and incorporated in Delaware. It is the parent company ofU.S. Bank National Association, and is the fifth largest banking institution in the United States. The company provides banking, investment, mortgage, trust, and payment services products to individuals, businesses, governmental entities, and other financial institutions. It has 3,106 branches and 4,842 automated teller machines, primarily in the Western and Midwestern United States. It is ranked 117th on the Fortune 500, and it is considered a systemically important bank by the Financial Stability Board. The company also owns Elavon, a processor of credit card transactions for merchants and Elan Financial Services, a credit card issuer that issue credit card products to U.S. Bank and other financial institutions. (Source:Wikipedia)
Most Popular Stories View All
USB Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
USB Latest Social Stream
View Full USB Social Stream
Latest USB News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about US BANCORP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate USB as an investment opportunity.
MINNEAPOLIS, October 03, 2022--Today, U.S. Bank announced a new innovative offering to meet small business owners’ desire for a better line of sight into their future cash flow. A new online banking tool will enable the bank’s small business clients to see a 90-day forecast of their cash flow, with the ability to leverage clients’ external data in addition to their U.S. Bank accounts. The tool is now available to clients from their online dashboard.
Following in the Oracle of Omaha's footsteps has been a moneymaking proposition for nearly six decades.
In the wake of U.S. Bancorp's (NYSE:USB) latest US$3.7b market cap drop, institutional owners may be forced to take severe actions
Every investor in U.S. Bancorp ( NYSE:USB ) should be aware of the most powerful shareholder groups. With 68% stake...
Wedbush analyst David Chiaverini maintained a Hold rating on US Bancorp (USB - Research Report) today and set a price target of $47.00. The company's shares closed yesterday at $40.96.According to TipRanks, Chiaverini is a 4-star analyst with an average return of 4.3% and a 40.00% success rate. Chiaverini covers the Financial sector, focusing on stocks such as Svb Financial Group, Axos Financial, and Cathay General Bancorp.Currently, the analyst consensus on US Bancorp is a Moderate Buy with an average price target of $55.32.
USB Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|