U.S. Bancorp (USB): Price and Financial Metrics
USB Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$33.59||52-week high||$49.95|
|Prev. close||$33.38||52-week low||$27.27|
|Day high||$33.68||Avg. volume||14,139,097|
|50-day MA||$37.11||Dividend yield||5.74%|
|200-day MA||$38.31||Market Cap||51.49B|
USB Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
USB POWR Grades
- Value is the dimension where USB ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 53.68% of US stocks.
- USB's strongest trending metric is Growth; it's been moving down over the last 177 days.
- USB ranks lowest in Sentiment; there it ranks in the 5th percentile.
USB Stock Summary
- USB has a market capitalization of $51,170,387,122 -- more than approximately 95.65% of US stocks.
- US BANCORP's stock had its IPO on January 1, 1986, making it an older stock than 93.16% of US equities in our set.
- Equity multiplier, or assets relative to shareholders' equity, comes in at 12.92 for US BANCORP; that's greater than it is for 94.14% of US stocks.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to US BANCORP, a group of peers worth examining would be PNC, TGT, TFC, CNC, and KDP.
- USB's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit US BANCORP's official web site, go to www.usbank.com.
USB Valuation Summary
- USB's EV/EBIT ratio is 8.4; this is 25.66% lower than that of the median Financial Services stock.
- Over the past 243 months, USB's EV/EBIT ratio has gone down 5.7.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for USB.
USB Growth Metrics
- Its 5 year price growth rate is now at -33.94%.
- Its year over year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 20.81%.
- Its year over year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 1.84%.
The table below shows USB's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
USB's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- USB has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 45.91% of graded US stocks.
- USB's asset turnover comes in at 0.041 -- ranking 164th of 430 Banking stocks.
- CATY, LBAI, and HFWA are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with USB.
The table below shows USB's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
U.S. Bancorp (USB) Company Bio
U.S. Bancorp (stylized as us bancorp) is an American bank holding company based in Minneapolis, Minnesota, and incorporated in Delaware. It is the parent company ofU.S. Bank National Association, and is the fifth largest banking institution in the United States. The company provides banking, investment, mortgage, trust, and payment services products to individuals, businesses, governmental entities, and other financial institutions. It has 3,106 branches and 4,842 automated teller machines, primarily in the Western and Midwestern United States. It is ranked 117th on the Fortune 500, and it is considered a systemically important bank by the Financial Stability Board. The company also owns Elavon, a processor of credit card transactions for merchants and Elan Financial Services, a credit card issuer that issue credit card products to U.S. Bank and other financial institutions. (Source:Wikipedia)
USB Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
USB Latest Social Stream
View Full USB Social Stream
Latest USB News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about US BANCORP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate USB as an investment opportunity.
Regular readers will know that we love our dividends at Simply Wall St, which is why it's exciting to see U.S. Bancorp...
This financial stock declined sharply amid the regional bank turmoil in March and now trades at a significant discount.
The U.S. banking sector has faced significant challenges in 2023, with U.S. Bancorp (NYSE:USB), the fifth-largest bank in the U.S. by assets, under particular scrutiny following the failure of a few regional banks earlier this year. However, despite a turbulent environment and concerns over regulatory capital ratios, the bank is making strides in improving its financial position.
Amid uncertain economic conditions, investors may desire to hold solid dividend-yielding stocks like U.S. Bancorp (USB) in their portfolios.
MINNEAPOLIS, September 21, 2023--U.S. Bank today unveiled an online marketplace of third-party payment and treasury solutions that are fully integrated with U.S. Bank systems. The U.S. Bank Connected Partnership Network helps corporate treasury teams easily identify and adopt technology connected with the bank, such as treasury management systems and working capital automation tools. The U.S. Bank Connected Partnership Network also enables fintechs and other third parties to develop applications
USB Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|