US Foods Holding Corp. (USFD): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
USFD POWR Grades
- USFD scores best on the Growth dimension, with a Growth rank ahead of 89.11% of US stocks.
- USFD's strongest trending metric is Stability; it's been moving up over the last 31 weeks.
- USFD's current lowest rank is in the Stability metric (where it is better than 56.63% of US stocks).
USFD Stock Summary
- The capital turnover (annual revenue relative to shareholder's equity) for USFD is 6.53 -- better than 94.8% of US stocks.
- Of note is the ratio of US Foods Holding Corp's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 84.34% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- USFD's price/sales ratio is 0.34; that's higher than the P/S ratio of only 5.09% of US stocks.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to USFD, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are RL, PFGC, DXC, NUVA, and AA.
- USFD's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit US Foods Holding Corp's official web site, go to www.usfoods.com.
USFD Valuation Summary
- USFD's price/sales ratio is 0.3; this is 80% lower than that of the median Consumer Defensive stock.
- USFD's EV/EBIT ratio has moved up 131.4 over the prior 60 months.
- USFD's price/sales ratio has moved up 0.1 over the prior 60 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for USFD.
USFD Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
USFD Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$32.27||52-week high||$42.10|
|Prev. close||$32.80||52-week low||$19.82|
|Day high||$33.01||Avg. volume||2,029,068|
|50-day MA||$36.74||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$35.14||Market Cap||7.16B|
US Foods Holding Corp. (USFD) Company Bio
US Foods, Inc. operates as a foodservice distributor in the United States It offers a range of fresh, frozen and dry food, and non-food products. The company was formerly known as U.S. Foodservice, Inc. and changed its name to US Foods, Inc. in September 2011. US Foods, Inc. was founded in 1853 and is based in Rosemont, Illinois.
USFD Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
Below please find a table outlining a discounted cash flow forecast for USFD, in which we model out valuation assuming a variety of terminal growth rates. To summarize, we found that US Foods Holding Corp ranked in the 29th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Our DCF analysis suggests the stock is overvalued by about 61.17%. The most interesting components of our discounted cash flow analysis for US Foods Holding Corp ended up being:
- The company's balance sheet shows it gets 59% of its capital from equity, and 41% of its capital from debt. Its equity weight surpasses that of only 14.51% of free cash flow generating stocks in the Consumer Defensive sector.
- US Foods Holding Corp's effective tax rate, as measured by taxes paid relative to net income, is at 0 -- greater than only 0% of US stocks with positive free cash flow.
- US Foods Holding Corp's interest coverage rate -- a measure of gross earnings relative to interest payments -- comes in at 0.32. This coverage rate is greater than that of only 24.71% of stocks we're observing for the purpose of forecasting via discounted cash flows.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
USFD Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
USFD Latest Social Stream
View Full USFD Social Stream
Latest USFD News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about US Foods Holding Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate USFD as an investment opportunity.
US Foods (USFD) doesn't possess the right combination of the two key ingredients for a likely earnings beat in its upcoming report. Get prepared with the key expectations.
ROSEMONT, Ill.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--US Foods Holding Corp. (NYSE: USFD) will host a live conference call and webcast to discuss second quarter fiscal 2021 results on Monday, August 9, 2021 at 9 a.m. CDT. The conference call can be accessed live over the phone by dialing (844) 292-0976; the conference ID number is 6898329. Listeners are asked to please dial in 10 minutes prior to the call start time and provide the conference ID number to be connected. A replay will be available after the call begi
ROSEMONT, Ill., July 06, 2021--US Foods Holding Corp. (NYSE: USFD) today announced that John Tonnison ("JT") will join the company as Executive Vice President, Chief Information and Digital Officer, effective July 12, 2021. Tonnison will oversee the company’s technology vision and strategy and all information technology functions, including digital, cyber security, applications and infrastructure. He will report to Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Pietro Satriano.
No summary available.
US Foods Holding Corp. (NYSE: USFD) announced today the national launch of Tender by Design, a revolutionary process by which frozen beef can now be just as high quality and tender as fresh. The proprietary Tender by Design process gives operators access to high-quality steaks year-round at a competitive price and allows for easier inventory and portion control to respond to the ebb and flow of
USFD Price Returns