Universal Corporation (UVV): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
UVV POWR Grades
- UVV scores best on the Momentum dimension, with a Momentum rank ahead of 89.28% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for UVV is in Stability, which has been heading up over the past 52 weeks.
- UVV's current lowest rank is in the Quality metric (where it is better than 15.17% of US stocks).
UVV Stock Summary
- UVV's went public 33.83 years ago, making it older than 89.25% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- With a price/sales ratio of 0.59, Universal Corp has a higher such ratio than just 12.15% of stocks in our set.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of 41.35%, Universal Corp's debt growth rate surpasses 84.5% of about US stocks.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Universal Corp, a group of peers worth examining would be ATGE, ACCO, ALG, IBP, and ENS.
- Visit UVV's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.universalcorp.com.
UVV Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Consumer Defensive stock, UVV's price/earnings ratio is 35.98% lower, now standing at 14.5.
- UVV's EV/EBIT ratio has moved up 5 over the prior 243 months.
- UVV's price/sales ratio has moved up 0.2 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for UVV.
UVV Growth Metrics
- Its 3 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 10.45%.
- Its 3 year revenue growth rate is now at 5.04%.
- The 5 year revenue growth rate now stands at -8.81%.
The table below shows UVV's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
UVV's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- UVV has a Quality Grade of D, ranking ahead of 15.18% of graded US stocks.
- UVV's asset turnover comes in at 0.861 -- ranking 86th of 105 Wholesale stocks.
- SPRS, KAMN, and NGL are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with UVV.
The table below shows UVV's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
UVV Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
UVV Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$47.37||52-week high||$60.95|
|Prev. close||$48.42||52-week low||$38.82|
|Day high||$48.53||Avg. volume||123,999|
|50-day MA||$49.05||Dividend yield||6.44%|
|200-day MA||$53.28||Market Cap||1.16B|
Universal Corporation (UVV) Company Bio
Universal Corporation operates as a leaf tobacco merchant and processor worldwide. It engages in procuring, financing, processing, packing, storing, and shipping leaf tobacco for sale to, or for the account of, manufacturers of consumer tobacco products. The company was founded in 1888 and is based in Richmond, Virginia.
Most Popular Stories View All
UVV Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
UVV Latest Social Stream
View Full UVV Social Stream
Latest UVV News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Universal Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate UVV as an investment opportunity.
Universal (NYSE:UVV) shareholders have endured a 15% loss from investing in the stock three years ago
Many investors define successful investing as beating the market average over the long term. But in any portfolio...
In this article, we discuss the 10 best dividend stocks for steady growth. If you want to skip our detailed analysis of these stocks, go directly to the 5 Best Dividend Stocks For Steady Growth. Amid inflation fears and the expected increase in interest rates over the next few months, it might be a good […]
Universal Health Services (UHS) doesn't possess the right combination of the two key ingredients for a likely earnings beat in its upcoming report. Get prepared with the key expectations.
Updated on October 8th, 2021 by Bob Ciura While there are many dividend paying stocks in the market, there are only 32 stocks that have offered a rising dividend for at least 50 consecutive years. This exclusive group of stocks are referred to as the Dividend Kings. You can see the full downloadable spreadsheet of  The post Dividend Kings In Focus: Universal Corporation appeared first on Sure Dividend .
RICHMOND, Va., Oct. 4, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- Universal Corporation (NYSE: UVV) today announced that it has successfully completed its previously announced acquisition of Shank''s Extracts, Inc. ("Shank''s"), a privately-held, specialty ingredient, flavoring and food company with bottling and
UVV Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|