Universal Corporation (UVV): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
UVV POWR Grades
- Momentum is the dimension where UVV ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 93.05% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for UVV is in Momentum, which has been heading up over the past 31 weeks.
- UVV's current lowest rank is in the Sentiment metric (where it is better than 37.85% of US stocks).
UVV Stock Summary
- Universal Corp's stock had its IPO on January 5, 1988, making it an older stock than 89.21% of US equities in our set.
- UVV's price/sales ratio is 0.64; that's higher than the P/S ratio of only 12.44% of US stocks.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of 34.11%, Universal Corp's debt growth rate surpasses 81.55% of about US stocks.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Universal Corp, a group of peers worth examining would be SMTS, SXT, FDP, GCP, and PRIM.
- UVV's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Universal Corp's official web site, go to www.universalcorp.com.
UVV Valuation Summary
- UVV's EV/EBIT ratio is 12; this is 34.6% lower than that of the median Consumer Defensive stock.
- Over the past 243 months, UVV's EV/EBIT ratio has gone up 4.5.
- UVV's EV/EBIT ratio has moved up 4.5 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for UVV.
UVV Growth Metrics
- The year over year revenue growth rate now stands at 3.84%.
- Its 5 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 55.76%.
- Its 5 year price growth rate is now at -19.07%.
The table below shows UVV's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
UVV Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
UVV Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$52.16||52-week high||$60.95|
|Prev. close||$52.15||52-week low||$38.82|
|Day high||$52.87||Avg. volume||132,526|
|50-day MA||$55.57||Dividend yield||5.98%|
|200-day MA||$52.27||Market Cap||1.28B|
Universal Corporation (UVV) Company Bio
Universal Corporation operates as a leaf tobacco merchant and processor worldwide. It engages in procuring, financing, processing, packing, storing, and shipping leaf tobacco for sale to, or for the account of, manufacturers of consumer tobacco products. The company was founded in 1888 and is based in Richmond, Virginia.
UVV Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
UVV Latest Social Stream
View Full UVV Social Stream
Latest UVV News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Universal Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate UVV as an investment opportunity.
Universal Corporation (NYSE:UVV) will webcast its conference call on August 4, 2021, following the release of its results for the first quarter of fiscal year 2022 after market close on that date. The conference call will begin at 5:00 p.m. Eastern Time and will be hosted by Candace C. Formacek, Vice President and Treasurer.
Universal (NYSE:UVV) has had a rough three months with its share price down 10%. It seems that the market might have...
Ministers are urging for a 'complete reset' of the market to stop poor returns, or artists being frozen out of payments altogether.
The tobacco industry includes companies that grow, produce, and sell tobacco and related products such as cigarettes and e-cigarettes. The biggest tobacco companies include Philip Morris International Inc. (PM) and Altria Group Inc. (MO), both of which sell products with dominant brand names. Tobacco stocks as a group have significantly lagged the broader market.
Universal Corporation ( NYSE:UVV ) has announced that it will be increasing its dividend on the 2nd of August to...
UVV Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|