Veeco Instruments Inc. (VECO): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
VECO POWR Grades
- VECO scores best on the Growth dimension, with a Growth rank ahead of 95.92% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for VECO is in Stability, which has been heading down over the past 179 days.
- VECO ranks lowest in Quality; there it ranks in the 28th percentile.
VECO Stock Summary
- With a price/earnings ratio of 57.27, Veeco Instruments Inc P/E ratio is greater than that of about 87.31% of stocks in our set with positive earnings.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of -19.9%, Veeco Instruments Inc's debt growth rate surpasses only 19.75% of about US stocks.
- In terms of twelve month growth in earnings before interest and taxes, Veeco Instruments Inc is reporting a growth rate of 232.04%; that's higher than 91.09% of US stocks.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Veeco Instruments Inc are CASA, ALRM, ACMR, NVMI, and RDUS.
- Visit VECO's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.veeco.com.
VECO Valuation Summary
- VECO's price/sales ratio is 2.2; this is 59.63% lower than that of the median Technology stock.
- Over the past 243 months, VECO's EV/EBIT ratio has gone up 24.8.
- VECO's price/earnings ratio has moved up 86.1 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for VECO.
VECO Growth Metrics
- Its 4 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at -113.98%.
- Its 5 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 271.02%.
- Its year over year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 91.23%.
The table below shows VECO's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
VECO's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- VECO has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 33.62% of graded US stocks.
- VECO's asset turnover comes in at 0.573 -- ranking 73rd of 104 Machinery stocks.
- AQUA, GHM, and BKR are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with VECO.
The table below shows VECO's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
VECO Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
VECO Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$19.40||52-week high||$32.40|
|Prev. close||$19.24||52-week low||$18.64|
|Day high||$19.66||Avg. volume||497,127|
|50-day MA||$21.46||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$25.11||Market Cap||994.11M|
Veeco Instruments Inc. (VECO) Company Bio
Veeco Instruments designs, manufactures, and markets thin film equipment to make light emitting diodes, power electronics, wireless devices, hard disk drives, and semiconductors worldwide. The company was founded in 1945 and is based in Plainview, New York.
Most Popular Stories View All
VECO Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
VECO Latest Social Stream
View Full VECO Social Stream
Latest VECO News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Veeco Instruments Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate VECO as an investment opportunity.
Small-cap semiconductor tools company Veeco Instruments (VECO) continues to do its part, delivering better than expected revenue and order growth and strengthening its case as a supplier of important enabling tools for leading-edge semiconductor production. What’s changed since my last update is the extent to which the Street has taken...
Axcelis Technologies, Entegris and Veeco Instruments are included in this blog.
The Zacks Electronics - Manufacturing Machinery industry participants Axcelis Technologies (ACLS), Entegris (ENTG) and Veeco Instruments (VECO) are benefiting from increased capital spending on high-performance computing, advanced packaging and memory.
Benchmark Co. analyst Mark Miller maintained a Buy rating on Veeco (VECO – Research Report) today and set a price target of $35.00. The company's shares closed last Wednesday at $29.25. According to TipRanks.com, Miller is a top 100 analyst with an average return of 23.1% and a 63.8% success rate. Miller covers the Technology sector, focusing on stocks such as Axcelis Technologies, Western Digital, and Onto Innovation. Currently, the analyst consensus on Veeco is a Strong Buy with an average price target of $33.50. See Insiders’ Hot Stocks on TipRanks >> The company has a one-year high of $32.40 and a one-year low of $19.92.
Good day, and welcome to the Veeco Instruments Inc. hosted Q4 and year-end 2021 earnings call. At this time, I would like to turn the conference over to Anthony Bencivenga, head of investor relations. Joining me on the call today are Bill Miller, Veeco's chief executive officer; and John Kiernan, our chief financial officer.
VECO Price Returns