Veeco Instruments Inc. (VECO): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
VECO POWR Grades
- VECO scores best on the Growth dimension, with a Growth rank ahead of 97.09% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for VECO is in Sentiment, which has been heading down over the past 31 weeks.
- VECO's current lowest rank is in the Sentiment metric (where it is better than 41.31% of US stocks).
VECO Stock Summary
- VECO's one year PEG ratio, measuring expected growth in earnings next year relative to current common stock price is 136.98 -- higher than 79.77% of US-listed equities with positive expected earnings growth.
- Of note is the ratio of Veeco Instruments Inc's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; only 23.6% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- Over the past twelve months, VECO has reported earnings growth of -154.4%, putting it ahead of only 13.41% of US stocks in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Veeco Instruments Inc, a group of peers worth examining would be TREE, WETF, AIRG, MCHX, and GDP.
- Visit VECO's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.veeco.com.
VECO Valuation Summary
- VECO's EV/EBIT ratio is 61.4; this is 84.66% higher than that of the median Technology stock.
- Over the past 243 months, VECO's price/earnings ratio has gone down 79.1.
- Over the past 243 months, VECO's EV/EBIT ratio has gone down 105.1.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for VECO.
VECO Growth Metrics
- Its 2 year revenue growth rate is now at -22.67%.
- The year over year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at -13.25%.
- Its 2 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at -33.85%.
The table below shows VECO's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
VECO Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
VECO Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$23.21||52-week high||$25.70|
|Prev. close||$23.00||52-week low||$10.58|
|Day high||$23.40||Avg. volume||377,826|
|50-day MA||$23.30||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$20.33||Market Cap||1.16B|
Veeco Instruments Inc. (VECO) Company Bio
Veeco Instruments designs, manufactures, and markets thin film equipment to make light emitting diodes, power electronics, wireless devices, hard disk drives, and semiconductors worldwide. The company was founded in 1945 and is based in Plainview, New York.
VECO Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
Below please find a table outlining a discounted cash flow forecast for VECO, in which we model out valuation assuming a variety of terminal growth rates. To summarize, we found that Veeco Instruments Inc ranked in the 19th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. We should note, though, that the most conservative analysis suggests this stock will yield negative results -- and thus may be a potential short opportunity. As for the metrics that stood out in our discounted cash flow analysis of Veeco Instruments Inc, consider:
- The company's balance sheet shows it gets 77% of its capital from equity, and 23% of its capital from debt. Its equity weight surpasses that of only 15.41% of free cash flow generating stocks in the Technology sector.
- The company's compound free cash flow growth rate over the past 5.76 years comes in at -0.01%; that's greater than just 20.7% of US stocks we're applying DCF forecasting to.
- Veeco Instruments Inc's effective tax rate, as measured by taxes paid relative to net income, is at 0 -- greater than only 0% of US stocks with positive free cash flow.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
VECO Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
VECO Latest Social Stream
View Full VECO Social Stream
Latest VECO News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Veeco Instruments Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate VECO as an investment opportunity.
Veeco (VECO) possesses the right combination of the two key ingredients for a likely earnings beat in its upcoming report. Get prepared with the key expectations.
Now is the time to invest in nanotech stocks as they look to revolutionize several areas, offering myriad opportunities to businesses.
Veeco Instruments (VECO) has been struggling lately, but the selling pressure may be coming to an end soon.
No summary available.
PLAINVIEW, N.Y., July 15, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Veeco Instruments Inc. (NASDAQ: VECO) plans to release its second quarter 2021 financial results after the market closes on Tuesday, August 3, 2021. The company will host a conference call to review these results starting at 5:00pm ET that day. To join the call, dial 1-866-248-8441 (toll free) or 1-929-477-0577 and use passcode 9180705. Participants may also access a live webcast of the call by visiting the investor relations section of Veeco's
VECO Price Returns