Veeco Instruments Inc. (VECO): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
VECO POWR Grades
- VECO scores best on the Growth dimension, with a Growth rank ahead of 99.26% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for VECO is in Stability, which has been heading up over the past 52 weeks.
- VECO's current lowest rank is in the Quality metric (where it is better than 33.62% of US stocks).
VECO Stock Summary
- With a price/earnings ratio of 124.35, Veeco Instruments Inc P/E ratio is greater than that of about 93.57% of stocks in our set with positive earnings.
- Over the past twelve months, VECO has reported earnings growth of -220.95%, putting it ahead of only 9.61% of US stocks in our set.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, VECO is more volatile than just 12.04% of stocks we're observing.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Veeco Instruments Inc, a group of peers worth examining would be ALRM, MCHX, EMKR, PDEX, and OIIM.
- Visit VECO's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.veeco.com.
VECO Valuation Summary
- VECO's price/sales ratio is 2.2; this is 59.63% lower than that of the median Technology stock.
- Over the past 243 months, VECO's EV/EBIT ratio has gone up 24.8.
- VECO's price/earnings ratio has moved up 86.1 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for VECO.
VECO Growth Metrics
- The 4 year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at -113.98%.
- Its 2 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 1.53%.
- Its 5 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at -20.96%.
The table below shows VECO's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
VECO's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- VECO has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 33.41% of graded US stocks.
- VECO's asset turnover comes in at 0.573 -- ranking 73rd of 104 Machinery stocks.
- AQUA, GHM, and TRT are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with VECO.
The table below shows VECO's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
VECO Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
VECO Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$22.65||52-week high||$25.70|
|Prev. close||$22.78||52-week low||$12.25|
|Day high||$22.87||Avg. volume||348,165|
|50-day MA||$22.46||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$22.16||Market Cap||1.14B|
Veeco Instruments Inc. (VECO) Company Bio
Veeco Instruments designs, manufactures, and markets thin film equipment to make light emitting diodes, power electronics, wireless devices, hard disk drives, and semiconductors worldwide. The company was founded in 1945 and is based in Plainview, New York.
Most Popular Stories View All
VECO Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
VECO Latest Social Stream
View Full VECO Social Stream
Latest VECO News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Veeco Instruments Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate VECO as an investment opportunity.
PLAINVIEW, N.Y., Oct. 14, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Veeco Instruments Inc. (NASDAQ: VECO) plans to release its third quarter 2021 financial results after the market closes on Tuesday, November 2, 2021. The company will host a conference call to review these results starting at 5:00pm ET that day. To join the call, dial 1-800-437-2398 (toll free) or 1-929-477-0577 and use passcode 3331305. Participants may also access a live webcast of the call by visiting the investor relations section of Veeco's
Recent 4.9% pullback isn't enough to hurt long-term Veeco Instruments (NASDAQ:VECO) shareholders, they're still up 121% over 3 years
It might seem bad, but the worst that can happen when you buy a stock (without leverage) is that its share price goes...
Veeco (VECO) has been upgraded to a Zacks Rank #1 (Strong Buy), reflecting growing optimism about the company's earnings prospects. This might drive the stock higher in the near term.
Epitaxy Deposition Market | Expected growth by USD 3.68 at CAGR of 10.51% | Industry Analysis, Market Trends, Market Growth & Forecast 2025
NEW YORK , Aug. 25, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- The epitaxy deposition market has the potential to grow by USD 3.68 billion during 2021-2025, and the market''s growth momentum will decelerate at a CAGR of 10.51%. The epitaxy deposition market report also offers information on several market vendors, including AIXTRON AG, Applied Materials Inc., ASM International NV, Canon Inc., CVD Equipment Corp., Hitachi Ltd., SemiTEq JSC, Tetreon Technologies Ltd., Tokyo Electron Ltd., and Veeco Instruments Inc. among others. Enterprises will go through the Response, Recovery, and Renew phases. Download a Free Sample Report on COVID-19 Impact of COVID-19 The COVID-19 pandemic continues to transform the growth of various industries, however, the immediate impact of the outbreak is varied. While a few industr...
PLAINVIEW, N.Y., Aug. 24, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Veeco Instruments Inc. (NASDAQ: VECO) announced today they will host a virtual analyst event on Thursday, September 9. Members of Veecos executive leadership team will present a detailed growth strategy, an overview of end-markets and technologies, a go-to-market plan and a financial model.
VECO Price Returns