Veeco Instruments Inc. (VECO): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
VECO POWR Grades
- Momentum is the dimension where VECO ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 91.09% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for VECO is in Quality, which has been heading up over the past 178 days.
- VECO's current lowest rank is in the Growth metric (where it is better than 13.94% of US stocks).
VECO Stock Summary
- VECO's current price/earnings ratio is 6.46, which is higher than only 17.61% of US stocks with positive earnings.
- Of note is the ratio of VEECO INSTRUMENTS INC's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; merely 21.93% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- The volatility of VEECO INSTRUMENTS INC's share price is greater than that of just 16.21% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to VECO, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are SENS, VRAR, BAND, NVMI, and ACMR.
- Visit VECO's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.veeco.com.
VECO Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Technology stock, VECO's price/sales ratio is 29.17% lower, now standing at 1.7.
- VECO's price/sales ratio has moved up 0.2 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for VECO.
VECO Growth Metrics
- Its 4 year price growth rate is now at -64.89%.
- Its 2 year revenue growth rate is now at 42.76%.
- Its 2 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at -21.27%.
The table below shows VECO's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
VECO's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- VECO has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 33.62% of graded US stocks.
- VECO's asset turnover comes in at 0.573 -- ranking 73rd of 104 Machinery stocks.
- AQUA, GHM, and BKR are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with VECO.
The table below shows VECO's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
VECO Price Target
For more insight on analysts targets of VECO, see our VECO price target page. And for a list of of all stocks sorted by upside potential based on analyst target price, see our Top Price Target page.
|Average Price Target||$28.67||Average Broker Recommendation||1.42 (Moderate Buy)|
VECO Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
VECO Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$20.77||52-week high||$29.54|
|Prev. close||$21.11||52-week low||$16.11|
|Day high||$21.50||Avg. volume||457,998|
|50-day MA||$20.69||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$19.93||Market Cap||1.07B|
Veeco Instruments Inc. (VECO) Company Bio
Veeco Instruments designs, manufactures, and markets thin film equipment to make light emitting diodes, power electronics, wireless devices, hard disk drives, and semiconductors worldwide. The company was founded in 1945 and is based in Plainview, New York.
Most Popular Stories View All
VECO Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
VECO Latest Social Stream
View Full VECO Social Stream
Latest VECO News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about VEECO INSTRUMENTS INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate VECO as an investment opportunity.
Veeco Instruments (NASDAQ:VECO) shareholders have earned a 27% CAGR over the last three years
The most you can lose on any stock (assuming you don't use leverage) is 100% of your money. But in contrast you can...
Top Tech Stocks for March 2023
As inflation and interest rate concerns weigh on tech companies, these stocks lead the sector in value, growth, and momentum.
Veeco Instruments Full Year 2022 Earnings: EPS Beats Expectations, Revenues Lag
Veeco Instruments ( NASDAQ:VECO ) Full Year 2022 Results Key Financial Results Revenue: US$646.1m (up 11% from FY...
With EPS Growth And More, Veeco Instruments (NASDAQ:VECO) Makes An Interesting Case
Investors are often guided by the idea of discovering 'the next big thing', even if that means buying 'story stocks...
Veeco Instruments (VECO) Surpasses Q4 Earnings Estimates
Veeco (VECO) delivered earnings and revenue surprises of 8.57% and 4.47%, respectively, for the quarter ended December 2022. Do the numbers hold clues to what lies ahead for the stock?
VECO Price Returns
Continue Researching VECOHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on Veeco Instruments Inc's stock as an investment opportunity:
Veeco Instruments Inc (VECO) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Veeco Instruments Inc (VECO) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Veeco Instruments Inc (VECO) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch
Loading social stream, please wait...