Veru Inc. (VERU): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
VERU POWR Grades
- VERU scores best on the Quality dimension, with a Quality rank ahead of 45.39% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for VERU is in Growth, which has been heading down over the past 179 days.
- VERU ranks lowest in Growth; there it ranks in the 1st percentile.
VERU Stock Summary
- With a one year PEG ratio of 0.21, VERU INC is expected to have a higher PEG ratio (a measure of how expensive a stock is relative to its expected earnings growth) than only 2.55% of US stocks.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of 145.53%, VERU INC's debt growth rate surpasses 90.99% of about US stocks.
- In terms of twelve month growth in earnings before interest and taxes, VERU INC is reporting a growth rate of -5,108.95%; that's higher than just 0.31% of US stocks.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to VERU, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are VLN, BCDA, CLGN, CRDF, and LOGC.
- VERU's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit VERU INC's official web site, go to www.verupharma.com.
VERU Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Healthcare stock, VERU's EV/EBIT ratio is 378.95% lower, now standing at -21.2.
- VERU's price/sales ratio has moved up 15.2 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for VERU.
VERU Growth Metrics
- Its 3 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at -130.92%.
- Its year over year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at -2559.42%.
- Its 2 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at -176.83%.
The table below shows VERU's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
VERU's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- VERU has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 60.52% of graded US stocks.
- VERU's asset turnover comes in at 0.473 -- ranking 93rd of 681 Pharmaceutical Products stocks.
- INSM, MNKD, and REPH are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with VERU.
The table below shows VERU's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
VERU Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
VERU Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$5.61||52-week high||$24.55|
|Prev. close||$5.51||52-week low||$4.34|
|Day high||$5.84||Avg. volume||10,805,352|
|50-day MA||$10.48||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$11.11||Market Cap||449.62M|
Veru Inc. (VERU) Company Bio
Veru Inc. operates as a urology and oncology biopharmaceutical company. The company operates through two segments, Commercial; and Research and Development. It offers FC2 Female Condom for unintended pregnancy and sexually transmitted infections, including HIV/AIDS and the Zika virus; and PREBOOST benzocaine medicated individual wipes for the prevention of premature ejaculation. The company's urology drug candidates include Tamsulosin delayed release sachet and Tamsulosin XR capsules that are under bioequivalence study for the treatment of benign prostatic hyperplasia; and Solifenacin delayed release granules, which are under bioequivalence study for the treatment of overactive bladder. Its urology drug candidates also comprise Tadalafil-Finasteride combination capsules that are under bioequivalence study for the treatment of men with lower urinary tract symptoms and enlarged prostate; VERU-944, which is in Phase II clinical trial for the treatment of hot flashes in men on prostate cancer hormonal therapies; and VERU-722 that is in Phase II clinical trial for the treatment of male infertility caused by testicular dysfunction. The company's oncology drug candidate is VERU-111, a novel oral alpha and beta tubulin inhibitor, which is under preclinical study for the treatment of metastatic prostate, breast, endometrial, ovarian, and other cancers. It also develops VERU-111/VERU-112, a novel oral agent targeting colchicine binding site that is under preclinical study for the treatment of gout and familial mediterranean fever. The company was formerly known as The Female Health Company and changed its name to Veru Inc. in July 2017. Veru Inc. was founded in 1896 and is based in Miami, Florida.
Most Popular Stories View All
VERU Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
VERU Latest Social Stream
View Full VERU Social Stream
Latest VERU News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about VERU INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate VERU as an investment opportunity.
After Veru (NASDAQ: VERU) got a thumbs-down from a nonbinding advisory committee at the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) on Nov. 9 regarding its drug sabizabulin for the treatment of severe COVID-19, shares of the company fell by more than 60%, and recovery is nowhere in sight. The company is also testing it in a trio of other applications, including for two subtypes of metastatic breast cancer and metastatic treatment-resistant prostate cancer.
Meridian Bioscience (VIVO) delivered earnings and revenue surprises of 33.33% and 2.63%, respectively, for the quarter ended September 2022. Do the numbers hold clues to what lies ahead for the stock?
Veru (NASDAQ: VERU), a biopharmaceutical company that looks for novel cancer therapies, particularly in breast cancer or prostate cancer, saw its shares drop 10.33% on Monday. The company's stock already lost $10 a share two weeks ago when a Food and Drug Administration (FDA) advisory panel voted 8-5 against approving sabizabulin, Veru's COVID-19 oral therapy, via the Emergency Use Authorization route. It's not the last word, but the FDA usually agrees with advisory panels' votes.
One thing we could say about the analysts on Veru Inc. ( NASDAQ:VERU ) - they aren't optimistic, having just made a...
The stock of Veru (NASDAQ: VERU) did not have a good week. As of midafternoon Friday, the share price was down by more than 35% week to date, according to data compiled by S&P Global Market Intelligence. Veru and its shareholders had high hopes for sabizabulin, an orally administered COVID treatment.
VERU Price Returns