Viavi Solutions Inc. (VIAV): Price and Financial Metrics
VIAV Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$8.97||52-week high||$15.32|
|Prev. close||$9.14||52-week low||$8.52|
|Day high||$9.15||Avg. volume||1,826,346|
|50-day MA||$10.16||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$10.36||Market Cap||1.99B|
VIAV Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
VIAV POWR Grades
- Quality is the dimension where VIAV ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 89.73% of US stocks.
- VIAV's strongest trending metric is Value; it's been moving down over the last 177 days.
- VIAV ranks lowest in Growth; there it ranks in the 16th percentile.
VIAV Stock Summary
- With a price/earnings ratio of 80.09, VIAVI SOLUTIONS INC P/E ratio is greater than that of about 93.5% of stocks in our set with positive earnings.
- As for revenue growth, note that VIAV's revenue has grown -14.41% over the past 12 months; that beats the revenue growth of merely 15.74% of US companies in our set.
- The volatility of VIAVI SOLUTIONS INC's share price is greater than that of merely 18.37% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to VIAVI SOLUTIONS INC are ISRG, BWB, MCS, UWMC, and BCPC.
- VIAV's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit VIAVI SOLUTIONS INC's official web site, go to www.viavisolutions.com.
VIAV Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Technology stock, VIAV's price/earnings ratio is 212.89% higher, now standing at 80.1.
- Over the past 243 months, VIAV's EV/EBIT ratio has gone up 31.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for VIAV.
VIAV Growth Metrics
- Its 2 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 22.06%.
- Its 2 year revenue growth rate is now at 9.37%.
- Its 5 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at -83%.
The table below shows VIAV's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
VIAV's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- VIAV has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 86.18% of graded US stocks.
- VIAV's asset turnover comes in at 0.629 -- ranking 118th of 208 Electronic Equipment stocks.
- IIN, AAOI, and NVDA are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with VIAV.
The table below shows VIAV's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
Viavi Solutions Inc. (VIAV) Company Bio
Viavi Solutions engages in the network enablement, service enablement, and optical security and performance products businesses. Its software and hardware platforms and instruments deliver end-to-end visibility across physical, virtual, and hybrid networks. The company was founded in 1979 and is based in Milpitas, California.
VIAV Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
VIAV Latest Social Stream
View Full VIAV Social Stream
Latest VIAV News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about VIAVI SOLUTIONS INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate VIAV as an investment opportunity.
VIAVI Expands Network Security Portfolio with Observer Sentry Threat Exposure Management for AWS Services
Viavi Solutions Inc. (VIAVI) (NASDAQ: VIAV) today unveiled Observer Sentry, Software-as-a-Service-based Threat Exposure Management providing SecOps, DevOps, and cloud architects much-needed threat visibility into ever-changing AWS environments. The company will showcase Observer Sentry at InfoSec World, September 25-27, 2023 in Lake Buena Vista, Florida.
Viavi Solutions Inc. (VIAVI) (NASDAQ: VIAV) today announced that the company is part of three consortia that have won funding in the Open Networks Ecosystem (ONE) competition sponsored by the U.K. Department of Science, Innovation and Technology (DSIT). VIAVI and partners submitted successful bids for HiPer-RAN led by University of Surrey, REACH led by University of York, and ARIANE led by Telecom Infra Project (TIP).
Viavi Solutions Inc. (VIAVI) (NASDAQ: VIAV) today announced the availability of NITRO® AIOps on Google Cloud, creating an innovative solution that leverages VIAVI cutting-edge network analytics solutions and Google Cloud's native service capabilities. The collaboration aims to address critical challenges faced by Communication Service Providers (CSPs) and unlock new opportunities for network intelligence and optimization. The solution will be demonstrated at TMForum's DTW23 - Ignite in Copenhage
(NASDAQ: VIAV) Viavi Solutions Inc. ("VIAVI") announced today that the board of directors has accepted the resignation of Henk Derksen as VIAVI's Chief Financial Officer ("CFO"), effective August 25, 2023. Mr. Derksen is resigning from his position and plans to return to Europe to pursue a new opportunity. His resignation is not the result of any dispute or disagreement with VIAVI on any matter relating to VIAVI's operations, policies or practices.
Viavi (VIAV) unveils testing solutions for both base stations and end-to-end networks to facilitate validation of Non-Terrestrial Networks and High-Altitude Platforms.
VIAV Price Returns