VIR BIOTECHNOLOGY, INC. (VIR): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
VIR POWR Grades
- Value is the dimension where VIR ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 99.48% of US stocks.
- VIR's strongest trending metric is Sentiment; it's been moving up over the last 177 days.
- VIR ranks lowest in Momentum; there it ranks in the 5th percentile.
VIR Stock Summary
- VIR's current price/earnings ratio is 3.48, which is higher than merely 5.13% of US stocks with positive earnings.
- In terms of twelve month growth in earnings before interest and taxes, VIR BIOTECHNOLOGY INC is reporting a growth rate of -1,526.61%; that's higher than just 0.9% of US stocks.
- Revenue growth over the past 12 months for VIR BIOTECHNOLOGY INC comes in at 736.56%, a number that bests 98.5% of the US stocks we're tracking.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to VIR BIOTECHNOLOGY INC, a group of peers worth examining would be ANAB, CARA, PRTA, RCUS, and IMTX.
- VIR's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit VIR BIOTECHNOLOGY INC's official web site, go to www.vir.bio.
VIR Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Healthcare stock, VIR's price/earnings ratio is 84.62% lower, now standing at 3.4.
- Over the past 40 months, VIR's price/sales ratio has gone down 142.2.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for VIR.
VIR's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- VIR has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 70.08% of graded US stocks.
- VIR's asset turnover comes in at 0.18 -- ranking 205th of 682 Pharmaceutical Products stocks.
- 500 - Internal server error
The table below shows VIR's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
VIR Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
VIR Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$30.14||52-week high||$34.97|
|Prev. close||$29.91||52-week low||$18.05|
|Day high||$30.95||Avg. volume||781,609|
|50-day MA||$26.92||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$24.90||Market Cap||4.01B|
VIR BIOTECHNOLOGY, INC. (VIR) Company Bio
Vir Biotechnology, Inc. engages in the provision of technologies to treat and prevent infectious diseases. Its technology platforms include antibody, T cell, innate immunity, and siRNA.
Most Popular Stories View All
VIR Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
VIR Latest Social Stream
View Full VIR Social Stream
Latest VIR News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about VIR BIOTECHNOLOGY INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate VIR as an investment opportunity.
Get your hands on the latest medical innovations at a compelling discount with the most undervalued biotech stocks to buy.
Healthcare stocks had a strong 2022 which will continue throughout 2023 making these picks ones to consider.
'You have to have the goods': Retiring Vir CEO George Scangos looks back on building great companies
He built companies across cancer, spinal muscular atrophy and an accelerate treatment for Covid-19 and, potentially, other major infectious diseases at three multibillion-dollar drug developers. Now he's handing Vir's reins to outgoing Bayer exec Marianne De Backer.
Vir Biotechnology Announces Retirement of CEO George Scangos, Ph.D.; Appoints Marianne De Backer, MSc, Ph.D., MBA, as Successor
– Dr. De Backer to assume CEO role on April 3, 2023 – – Upon his retirement as CEO, Dr. Scangos will transition to an advisory role through June 2, 2023 and will continue providing strategic counsel to Vir as a member of the Board of Directors – SAN FRANCISCO, Jan. 25, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Vir Biotechnology, Inc. (Nasdaq: VIR) today announced that George Scangos, Ph.D., will retire from his position as Chief Executive Officer (CEO), effective April 3, 2023. The Company’s Board of Directors h
Vir Biotechnology, Inc. (VIR) has been upgraded to a Zacks Rank #1 (Strong Buy), reflecting growing optimism about the company's earnings prospects. This might drive the stock higher in the near term.
VIR Price Returns