Velodyne Lidar Inc. (VLDR): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
VLDR POWR Grades
- VLDR scores best on the Momentum dimension, with a Momentum rank ahead of 71.71% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for VLDR is in Quality, which has been heading down over the past 178 days.
- VLDR's current lowest rank is in the Stability metric (where it is better than 2.38% of US stocks).
VLDR Stock Summary
- For VLDR, its debt to operating expenses ratio is greater than that reported by just 17% of US equities we're observing.
- VLDR's price/sales ratio is 6.67; that's higher than the P/S ratio of 82.49% of US stocks.
- As for revenue growth, note that VLDR's revenue has grown -27.89% over the past 12 months; that beats the revenue growth of just 6.74% of US companies in our set.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to VLDR, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are PSNL, ENTX, GWH, DYAI, and API.
- Visit VLDR's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.velodynelidar.com.
VLDR Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Technology stock, VLDR's price/earnings ratio is 106.67% lower, now standing at -1.7.
- VLDR's price/earnings ratio has moved down 23.8 over the prior 52 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for VLDR.
VLDR's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- VLDR has a Quality Grade of D, ranking ahead of 6.51% of graded US stocks.
- VLDR's asset turnover comes in at 0.189 -- ranking 102nd of 104 Machinery stocks.
- 500 - Internal server error
The table below shows VLDR's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
VLDR Price Target
For more insight on analysts targets of VLDR, see our VLDR price target page. And for a list of of all stocks sorted by upside potential based on analyst target price, see our Top Price Target page.
|Average Price Target||$14.56||Average Broker Recommendation||1.75 (Moderate Buy)|
VLDR Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
VLDR Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$1.26||52-week high||$4.44|
|Prev. close||$1.25||52-week low||$0.71|
|Day high||$1.30||Avg. volume||2,246,546|
|50-day MA||$1.01||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$1.17||Market Cap||300.24M|
Velodyne Lidar Inc. (VLDR) Company Bio
Velodyne Lidar, Inc. is an emerging growth company, which engages in the provision of real-time three dimensional (3D) vision for autonomous systems. It also develops and produces Lidar sensors for use in industrial, 3D mapping, drones and auto applications. The company was founded by David S. Hall and is headquartered in San Jose, CA.
Most Popular Stories View All
VLDR Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
VLDR Latest Social Stream
View Full VLDR Social Stream
Latest VLDR News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about VELODYNE LIDAR INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate VLDR as an investment opportunity.
Ouster completes lidar merger with Velodyne, job cuts expected
The companies expect to employ about 350 people, far fewer employees than the combined total of 697 they reported having before announcing their merger last year.
20 Undervalued Stocks to Buy Under $20
Investors looking for profit and protection in 2023 can strike it rich with these 20 undervalued stocks to buy right now.
Velodyne Lidar Adjourns Special Meeting of Stockholders to February 10, 2023
SAN JOSE, Calif., February 03, 2023--Velodyne Lidar, Inc. (Nasdaq: VLDR, VLDRW) announced that the Special Meeting of Stockholders ("Special Meeting") scheduled to be held today to approve the proposed merger with Ouster, Inc. (NYSE: OUST) and related matters was convened and adjourned without conducting any business. The Special Meeting will reconvene at 9:00 a.m. PT on February 10, 2023 and will be held virtually at https://www.virtualshareholdermeeting.com/VLDR2023SM.
Ouster and Velodyne Achieve Guidance and Announce Combined Company Board of Directors in Anticipation of Closing of Merger of Equals
SAN FRANCISCO, February 02, 2023--Ouster, Inc. (NYSE: OUST) ("Ouster"), a leading provider of high-resolution digital lidar, and Velodyne Lidar, Inc. (Nasdaq: VLDR; VLDRW) ("Velodyne"), a global player in lidar sensors and solutions, announced today the proposed designations for the Board of Directors of the Combined Company, subject to approval by the Ouster Board of Directors and closing the proposed merger of equals. The merger is expected to drive significant value creation and result in a s
Is Now The Time To Buy Velodyne Lidar Inc. (NASDAQ: VLDR) Stock?
Velodyne Lidar Inc. (NASDAQ:VLDR) price closed higher on Friday, January 27, jumping 5.61% above its previous close. A look at the daily price movement shows that the last close reads $1.07, with intraday deals fluctuated between $1.03 and $1.13. The company’s 5Y monthly beta was ticking 1.22. Taking into account the 52-week price action we … Is Now The Time To Buy Velodyne Lidar Inc. (NASDAQ: VLDR) Stock? Read More »
VLDR Price Returns
Loading social stream, please wait...