Velodyne Lidar Inc. (VLDR): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
VLDR POWR Grades
- Growth is the dimension where VLDR ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 69.97% of US stocks.
- VLDR's strongest trending metric is Stability; it's been moving down over the last 179 days.
- VLDR ranks lowest in Stability; there it ranks in the 1st percentile.
VLDR Stock Summary
- The ratio of debt to operating expenses for VELODYNE LIDAR INC is higher than it is for about only 16.51% of US stocks.
- Revenue growth over the past 12 months for VELODYNE LIDAR INC comes in at -27.89%, a number that bests just 6.64% of the US stocks we're tracking.
- The volatility of VELODYNE LIDAR INC's share price is greater than that of 89.86% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to VLDR, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are PSNL, TARS, ENTX, MTSI, and GWH.
- Visit VLDR's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.velodynelidar.com.
VLDR Valuation Summary
- VLDR's price/sales ratio is 5.4; this is 134.78% higher than that of the median Technology stock.
- VLDR's price/sales ratio has moved up 3.9 over the prior 50 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for VLDR.
VLDR's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- VLDR has a Quality Grade of D, ranking ahead of 6.51% of graded US stocks.
- VLDR's asset turnover comes in at 0.189 -- ranking 102nd of 104 Machinery stocks.
- 500 - Internal server error
The table below shows VLDR's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
VLDR Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
VLDR Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$1.16||52-week high||$5.53|
|Prev. close||$1.07||52-week low||$0.71|
|Day high||$1.17||Avg. volume||5,157,888|
|50-day MA||$0.96||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$1.54||Market Cap||275.60M|
Velodyne Lidar Inc. (VLDR) Company Bio
Velodyne Lidar, Inc. is an emerging growth company, which engages in the provision of real-time three dimensional (3D) vision for autonomous systems. It also develops and produces Lidar sensors for use in industrial, 3D mapping, drones and auto applications. The company was founded by David S. Hall and is headquartered in San Jose, CA.
Most Popular Stories View All
VLDR Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
VLDR Latest Social Stream
View Full VLDR Social Stream
Latest VLDR News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about VELODYNE LIDAR INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate VLDR as an investment opportunity.
SAN JOSE, Calif., November 17, 2022--Velodyne Lidar, Inc. (Nasdaq: VLDR, VLDRW) today announced a multi-year agreement to provide its lidar sensors to GreenValley International for handheld, mobile and unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) 3D mapping solutions, including in GPS-denied environments. Velodyne is already shipping sensors to GreenValley as part of this agreement.
The lidar market could be worth $5.6 billion in the future, Here are three lidar stocks for investors to consider.
Velodyne Lidar Analysts Expect Cost Cut Measures To Drive Bottom Line; Bet Big On Ouster Acquisition
Needham analyst Rajvindra Gill reiterated Buy on Velodyne Lidar, Inc (NASDAQ: VLDR) with a $3 price target. Velodyne announced additional cost-cutting measures, which he expects to benefit the bottom line in the near term and through CY23. Velodyne's lower operating expenses enable lower cash burn. The three new multi-year partnerships announced in the quarter expand the catalog of design wins (in non-auto markets). The transition to new sensors can push margins into positive territory by 1H23.
Here's why the founder of lidar pioneer Velodyne's agrees with Elon Musk that the technology is a bad bet
David Hall is the definition of a lidar expert. Here's why he thinks the company he founded and the bigger industry are doomed.
Velodyne Lidar, Inc. (VLDR) delivered earnings and revenue surprises of 45.83% and 2.56%, respectively, for the quarter ended September 2022. Do the numbers hold clues to what lies ahead for the stock?
VLDR Price Returns