Vulcan Materials Co. (VMC): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
VMC POWR Grades
- Momentum is the dimension where VMC ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 65.88% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for VMC is in Quality, which has been heading down over the past 179 days.
- VMC's current lowest rank is in the Value metric (where it is better than 4.54% of US stocks).
VMC Stock Summary
- With a market capitalization of $25,407,145,976, Vulcan Materials CO has a greater market value than 89.75% of US stocks.
- Of note is the ratio of Vulcan Materials CO's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 98.91% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- The ratio of debt to operating expenses for Vulcan Materials CO is higher than it is for about 93.29% of US stocks.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Vulcan Materials CO are YUM, GRIN, TROX, CMP, and GLDD.
- Visit VMC's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.vulcanmaterials.com.
VMC Valuation Summary
- VMC's price/earnings ratio is 35.7; this is 79.4% higher than that of the median Basic Materials stock.
- VMC's price/earnings ratio has moved up 14.3 over the prior 243 months.
- VMC's price/sales ratio has moved up 3.2 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for VMC.
VMC Growth Metrics
- Its 3 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 62.4%.
- Its 2 year revenue growth rate is now at 25.89%.
- Its 2 year price growth rate is now at -18.25%.
The table below shows VMC's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
VMC's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- VMC has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 76.37% of graded US stocks.
- VMC's asset turnover comes in at 0.426 -- ranking 18th of 42 Non-Metallic and Industrial Metal Mining stocks.
- CLF, SCCO, and USLM are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with VMC.
The table below shows VMC's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
VMC Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
VMC Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$145.82||52-week high||$213.65|
|Prev. close||$141.45||52-week low||$141.18|
|Day high||$146.29||Avg. volume||844,775|
|50-day MA||$164.60||Dividend yield||1.1%|
|200-day MA||$182.13||Market Cap||19.38B|
Vulcan Materials Co. (VMC) Company Bio
Vulcan Materials Company (NYSE: VMC) is an American company based in Birmingham, Alabama. It is principally engaged in the production, distribution and sale of construction materials. Vulcan is the largest producer of construction materials, primarily gravel, crushed stone, and sand, and employs approximately 7,000 people at over 300 facilities. Vulcan serves 20 states, the District of Columbia and Mexico. Vulcan's innovative Crescent Market project led to construction of a large quarry and deep water seaport on the Yucatán Peninsula of Mexico, just south of Cancun. This quarry supplies Tampa, New Orleans, Houston, and Brownsville, Texas, as well as other Gulf coast seaports, with crushed limestone via large 62,000-ton self-discharging ships. (Source:Wikipedia)
Most Popular Stories View All
VMC Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
VMC Latest Social Stream
View Full VMC Social Stream
Latest VMC News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Vulcan Materials CO that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate VMC as an investment opportunity.
Regular readers will know that we love our dividends at Simply Wall St, which is why it's exciting to see Vulcan...
Over the past 3 months, 4 analysts have published their opinion on Vulcan Materials (NYSE: VMC ) stock. These analysts are typically employed by large Wall Street banks and tasked with understanding a company''s business to predict how a stock will trade over the upcoming year. Bullish Somewhat Bullish Indifferent Somewhat Bearish Bearish Total Ratings 1 2 1 0 0 Last 30D 1 0 0 0 0 1M Ago 0 0 0 0 0 2M Ago 0 1 0 0 0 3M Ago 0 1 1 0 0 In the last 3 months, 4 analysts have offered 12-month price targets for Vulcan Materials. The company has an average price target of $241.0 with a high of Full story available on Benzinga.com
In this article, we discuss the 10 construction stocks to buy now. You can skip our detailed analysis of these stocks and the construction industry, and go directly to 5 Construction Stocks to Buy Now. The construction industry in the United States saw a boom in 2021, and this trend doesn’t look like it’s going away […]
Vulcan Materials Company ( NYSE:VMC ) will increase its dividend on the 14th of March to US$0.40. This makes the...
Vulcan Materials (VMC) said Suzanne Wood will retire as SVP and CFO effective Sept
VMC Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|