Vulcan Materials Co. (VMC): Price and Financial Metrics
VMC Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$202.02||52-week high||$229.75|
|Prev. close||$205.03||52-week low||$147.64|
|Day high||$207.85||Avg. volume||794,227|
|50-day MA||$216.44||Dividend yield||0.84%|
|200-day MA||$194.50||Market Cap||26.84B|
VMC Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
VMC POWR Grades
- VMC scores best on the Momentum dimension, with a Momentum rank ahead of 95.86% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for VMC is in Growth, which has been heading up over the past 177 days.
- VMC's current lowest rank is in the Value metric (where it is better than 2.35% of US stocks).
VMC Stock Summary
- VMC has a market capitalization of $26,655,611,025 -- more than approximately 92.01% of US stocks.
- VULCAN MATERIALS CO's stock had its IPO on January 5, 1988, making it an older stock than 89.88% of US equities in our set.
- The ratio of debt to operating expenses for VULCAN MATERIALS CO is higher than it is for about 89.74% of US stocks.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to VULCAN MATERIALS CO are BR, WY, LW, CACC, and YUM.
- Visit VMC's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.vulcanmaterials.com.
VMC Valuation Summary
- VMC's price/sales ratio is 3.8; this is 192.31% higher than that of the median Basic Materials stock.
- VMC's price/sales ratio has moved up 2.3 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for VMC.
VMC Growth Metrics
- Its 4 year revenue growth rate is now at 37.42%.
- Its year over year price growth rate is now at -6.55%.
- Its 5 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 37.97%.
The table below shows VMC's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
VMC's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- VMC has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 76.37% of graded US stocks.
- VMC's asset turnover comes in at 0.426 -- ranking 18th of 42 Non-Metallic and Industrial Metal Mining stocks.
- CLF, SCCO, and USLM are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with VMC.
The table below shows VMC's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
Vulcan Materials Co. (VMC) Company Bio
Vulcan Materials Company (NYSE: VMC) is an American company based in Birmingham, Alabama. It is principally engaged in the production, distribution and sale of construction materials. Vulcan is the largest producer of construction materials, primarily gravel, crushed stone, and sand, and employs approximately 7,000 people at over 300 facilities. Vulcan serves 20 states, the District of Columbia and Mexico. Vulcan's innovative Crescent Market project led to construction of a large quarry and deep water seaport on the Yucatán Peninsula of Mexico, just south of Cancun. This quarry supplies Tampa, New Orleans, Houston, and Brownsville, Texas, as well as other Gulf coast seaports, with crushed limestone via large 62,000-ton self-discharging ships. (Source:Wikipedia)
VMC Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
VMC Latest Social Stream
View Full VMC Social Stream
Latest VMC News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about VULCAN MATERIALS CO that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate VMC as an investment opportunity.
Finding a business that has the potential to grow substantially is not easy, but it is possible if we look at a few key...
Irish construction giant CRH dwarfs its nearest publicly traded peers. It is moving closer to its most profitable markets.
Exploring the Financial Strength, Profitability, and Growth Metrics of Vulcan Materials Co
Vulcan Materials Company (NYSE:VMC), the nation's largest producer of construction aggregates, today announced the following leadership changes, effective immediately.
Amid a rocky week for stocks, we added to our positions in Qualcomm, McDonald's and Lockheed Martin.
VMC Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|