Vulcan Materials Co. (VMC): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
VMC POWR Grades
- Momentum is the dimension where VMC ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 67.89% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for VMC is in Quality, which has been heading down over the past 178 days.
- VMC ranks lowest in Value; there it ranks in the 2nd percentile.
VMC Stock Summary
- VMC has a higher market value than 90.49% of US stocks; more precisely, its current market capitalization is $21,559,195,029.
- VULCAN MATERIALS CO's stock had its IPO on January 5, 1988, making it an older stock than 90% of US equities in our set.
- For VMC, its debt to operating expenses ratio is greater than that reported by 90% of US equities we're observing.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to VULCAN MATERIALS CO, a group of peers worth examining would be CTLT, PKG, MKC, FOXA, and DAR.
- Visit VMC's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.vulcanmaterials.com.
VMC Valuation Summary
- VMC's price/sales ratio is 3.3; this is 94.12% higher than that of the median Basic Materials stock.
- VMC's EV/EBIT ratio has moved up 16.1 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for VMC.
VMC Growth Metrics
- Its 2 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at -2.06%.
- Its 2 year revenue growth rate is now at 20.93%.
- Its 5 year price growth rate is now at -10.88%.
The table below shows VMC's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
VMC's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- VMC has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 76.37% of graded US stocks.
- VMC's asset turnover comes in at 0.426 -- ranking 18th of 42 Non-Metallic and Industrial Metal Mining stocks.
- CLF, SCCO, and USLM are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with VMC.
The table below shows VMC's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
VMC Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
VMC Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$155.63||52-week high||$213.65|
|Prev. close||$158.96||52-week low||$137.54|
|Day high||$156.88||Avg. volume||786,767|
|50-day MA||$166.01||Dividend yield||1.03%|
|200-day MA||$174.56||Market Cap||20.68B|
Vulcan Materials Co. (VMC) Company Bio
Vulcan Materials Company (NYSE: VMC) is an American company based in Birmingham, Alabama. It is principally engaged in the production, distribution and sale of construction materials. Vulcan is the largest producer of construction materials, primarily gravel, crushed stone, and sand, and employs approximately 7,000 people at over 300 facilities. Vulcan serves 20 states, the District of Columbia and Mexico. Vulcan's innovative Crescent Market project led to construction of a large quarry and deep water seaport on the Yucatán Peninsula of Mexico, just south of Cancun. This quarry supplies Tampa, New Orleans, Houston, and Brownsville, Texas, as well as other Gulf coast seaports, with crushed limestone via large 62,000-ton self-discharging ships. (Source:Wikipedia)
Most Popular Stories View All
VMC Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
VMC Latest Social Stream
View Full VMC Social Stream
Latest VMC News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about VULCAN MATERIALS CO that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate VMC as an investment opportunity.
As we settle into afternoon trading, we have a few portfolio updates to share with members. The pullback in the shares of Ford Motor is rather aggressive in what is shaping up to largely be a timing issue, and in our view, this offers members that are underweight the shares an opportunity, especially if the move lower brings them even closer to the $13 level. Microsoft announced its board of directors declared a quarterly dividend of $0.68 per share, which is a $0.06 per share or 10% increase over its previous dividend.
Vulcan Materials Company (NYSE: VMC), the nation's largest producer of construction aggregates, today announced that it will webcast its Investor Day event on Thursday, September 29, 2022 at 8:00 a.m. ET. The presentation will be led by Tom Hill, Vulcan's Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer, and will include presentations from other members of the management team on the Company's strategy, performance and financial outlook.
For those investors with an eye toward future development, these ideas could represent the best infrastructure stocks to buy.
Do Its Financials Have Any Role To Play In Driving Vulcan Materials Company's (NYSE:VMC) Stock Up Recently?
Most readers would already be aware that Vulcan Materials' (NYSE:VMC) stock increased significantly by 12% over the...
As we enjoyed an oversold rally this week, we saw gains in our holdings, including strong upswings in ChargePoint, Nucor, United Rentals, Applied Materials, and Vulcan Materials.
VMC Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|