Valmont Industries, Inc. (VMI): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
VMI POWR Grades
- VMI scores best on the Sentiment dimension, with a Sentiment rank ahead of 86.81% of US stocks.
- VMI's strongest trending metric is Value; it's been moving down over the last 31 weeks.
- VMI ranks lowest in Value; there it ranks in the 53rd percentile.
VMI Stock Summary
- Valmont Industries Inc's capital turnover -- a measure of revenue relative to shareholder's equity -- is better than 80.13% of US listed stocks.
- VMI's went public 31.35 years ago, making it older than 84.16% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- Of note is the ratio of Valmont Industries Inc's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 81.91% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Valmont Industries Inc, a group of peers worth examining would be STN, WTS, RICK, GTES, and CRWS.
- Visit VMI's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.valmont.com.
VMI Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Industrials stock, VMI's price/sales ratio is 52.94% lower, now standing at 1.6.
- VMI's price/sales ratio has moved up 1.1 over the prior 243 months.
- Over the past 243 months, VMI's price/sales ratio has gone up 1.1.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for VMI.
VMI Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
VMI Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$233.17||52-week high||$265.09|
|Prev. close||$233.11||52-week low||$117.36|
|Day high||$234.60||Avg. volume||142,440|
|50-day MA||$237.22||Dividend yield||0.86%|
|200-day MA||$210.04||Market Cap||4.95B|
Valmont Industries, Inc. (VMI) Company Bio
Valmont Industries produces and sells fabricated metal products in the United States and internationally. It operates in four segments: Engineered Infrastructure Products, Utility Support Structures, Coatings, and Irrigation. The company was founded in 1946 and is based in Omaha, Nebraska.
VMI Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
The table below illustrates the output of a discounted cash flow forecast using a variety of scenarios for Valmont Industries Inc. To summarize, we found that Valmont Industries Inc ranked in the 25th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Our DCF analysis suggests the stock is overvalued by about 70.5%. As for the metrics that stood out in our discounted cash flow analysis of Valmont Industries Inc, consider:
- 86% of the company's capital comes from equity, which is greater than 61.46% of stocks in our cash flow based forecasting set.
- Valmont Industries Inc's effective tax rate, as measured by taxes paid relative to net income, is at 17 -- greater than 66.73% of US stocks with positive free cash flow.
- The weighted average cost of capital for the company is 9. This value is greater than merely 24.02% stocks in the Industrials sector that generate free cash flow.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
VMI Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
VMI Latest Social Stream
View Full VMI Social Stream
Latest VMI News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Valmont Industries Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate VMI as an investment opportunity.
Valmont Industries, Inc. (VMI) Q2 2021 Earnings Conference Call July 22, 2021 09:00 AM ET Company Participants Renee Campbell - Vice President of Investor Relations & Corporate Communications Steve Kaniewski - President & Chief Executive Officer Avner Applbaum - Executive Vice President & Chief Financial Officer Conference Call Participants Chris...
It is now my pleasure to introduce your host, Ms. Renee Campbell, Vice President of Investor Relations and Corporate Communications. With me on today's call are Steve Kaniewski, President and Chief Executive Officer; Avner Applbaum, Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer, and Tim Francis, Senior Vice President and Corporate Controller.
Valmont's (VMI) Q2 revenues were driven by strong sales in the Irrigation segment and strong market demand for renewable energy usage in the Utility Support Structures unit.
Valmont (VMI) delivered earnings and revenue surprises of 21.91% and 9.62%, respectively, for the quarter ended June 2021. Do the numbers hold clues to what lies ahead for the stock?
OMAHA, Neb., July 21, 2021--Valmont Industries, Inc. (NYSE: VMI), a leading global provider of engineered products and services for infrastructure development and irrigation equipment and services for agriculture, today reported financial results for the second quarter ended June 26, 2021.
VMI Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|