Valmont Industries, Inc. (VMI): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
VMI POWR Grades
- Sentiment is the dimension where VMI ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 96.99% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for VMI is in Value, which has been heading down over the past 200 days.
- VMI's current lowest rank is in the Value metric (where it is better than 49.79% of US stocks).
VMI Stock Summary
- Valmont Industries Inc's capital turnover -- a measure of revenue relative to shareholder's equity -- is better than 79.91% of US listed stocks.
- VMI's went public 31.15 years ago, making it older than 84.23% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- Of note is the ratio of Valmont Industries Inc's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 82.57% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Valmont Industries Inc are WTS, SKY, FCN, CNMD, and CIGI.
- VMI's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Valmont Industries Inc's official web site, go to www.valmont.com.
VMI Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
VMI Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$246.62||52-week high||$265.09|
|Prev. close||$259.82||52-week low||$98.00|
|Day high||$260.28||Avg. volume||154,703|
|50-day MA||$241.49||Dividend yield||0.77%|
|200-day MA||$181.53||Market Cap||5.24B|
Valmont Industries, Inc. (VMI) Company Bio
Valmont Industries produces and sells fabricated metal products in the United States and internationally. It operates in four segments: Engineered Infrastructure Products, Utility Support Structures, Coatings, and Irrigation. The company was founded in 1946 and is based in Omaha, Nebraska.
VMI Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
Below please find a table outlining a discounted cash flow forecast for VMI, in which we model out valuation assuming a variety of terminal growth rates. To summarize, we found that Valmont Industries Inc ranked in the 26th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Our DCF analysis suggests the stock is overvalued by about 71.33%. In terms of the factors that were most noteworthy in this DCF analysis for VMI, they are:
- Valmont Industries Inc's effective tax rate, as measured by taxes paid relative to net income, is at 17 -- greater than 67.92% of US stocks with positive free cash flow.
- Valmont Industries Inc's interest coverage rate -- a measure of gross earnings relative to interest payments -- comes in at 5.95. This coverage rate is greater than that of 61.49% of stocks we're observing for the purpose of forecasting via discounted cash flows.
- The weighted average cost of capital for the company is 9. This value is greater than just 22.66% stocks in the Industrials sector that generate free cash flow.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
VMI Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
VMI Latest Social Stream
View Full VMI Social Stream
Latest VMI News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Valmont Industries Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate VMI as an investment opportunity.
Agricultural products and services provider Valmont Industries (VMI) has agreed to acquire Prospera technologies for about $300 million. Valmont expects the transaction to close in Q2. Israel-based Prospera is a private agricultural artificial intelligence company. It develops machine vision technologies that monitor the development, health, and stress level of plants so that farmers can grow crops more efficiently. The two companies have partnered since 2019, providing real-time analysis of crops and solutions to detect anomalies. They proved their ability to work together by monitoring 5 million acres in 2020 instead of the originally planned 1 million. Valmont President and CEO Stephen G.
Valmont to Acquire Prospera Technologies, Global Leader in Agricultural Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning
Valmont Industries, Inc. (NYSE: VMI), a leading global provider of engineered products and services for infrastructure and irrigation equipment and services for agriculture, today announced it has entered into a definitive agreement to acquire Prospera Technologies Inc., ("Prospera") a leading privately-held Israeli-based AI company, focused on ML and CV in agriculture. The transaction, valued at approximately $300 million, is expected to close in the second quarter of 2021.
The following slide deck was published by Valmont Industries, Inc. in conjunction with their 2021 Q1 earnings call....
Right now, Valmont Industries Inc. (NYSE:VMI) share price is at $239.28, after a 0.23% gain. Moreover, over the past month, the stock fell by …
It is now my pleasure to introduce your host, Ms. Renee Campbell, Vice President of Investor Relations and Corporate Communications. With me on today's call are Steve Kaniewski, President and Chief Executive Officer; Avner Applbaum, Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer, and Tim Francis, Senior Vice President and Corporate Controller.
VMI Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|