Valmont Industries, Inc. (VMI): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
VMI POWR Grades
- Growth is the dimension where VMI ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 90.78% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for VMI is in Growth, which has been heading up over the past 179 days.
- VMI ranks lowest in Value; there it ranks in the 30th percentile.
VMI Stock Summary
- VALMONT INDUSTRIES INC's stock had its IPO on March 26, 1990, making it an older stock than 85.77% of US equities in our set.
- The price/operating cash flow metric for VALMONT INDUSTRIES INC is higher than 87.75% of stocks in our set with a positive cash flow.
- Of note is the ratio of VALMONT INDUSTRIES INC's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 84.75% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to VALMONT INDUSTRIES INC, a group of peers worth examining would be SXT, CSWI, AWI, KMT, and SXI.
- VMI's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit VALMONT INDUSTRIES INC's official web site, go to www.valmont.com.
VMI Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Industrials stock, VMI's EV/EBIT ratio is 26.16% higher, now standing at 21.7.
- VMI's EV/EBIT ratio has moved up 11.3 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for VMI.
VMI Growth Metrics
- Its 4 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at -7.51%.
- The 5 year revenue growth rate now stands at 9.02%.
- Its 2 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at -49.19%.
The table below shows VMI's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
VMI's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- VMI has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 40.54% of graded US stocks.
- VMI's asset turnover comes in at 1.045 -- ranking 20th of 60 Construction Materials stocks.
- GIFI, PATK, and DOOR are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with VMI.
The table below shows VMI's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
VMI Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
VMI Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$347.06||52-week high||$353.36|
|Prev. close||$343.93||52-week low||$203.30|
|Day high||$353.36||Avg. volume||104,178|
|50-day MA||$305.58||Dividend yield||0.63%|
|200-day MA||$263.20||Market Cap||7.40B|
Valmont Industries, Inc. (VMI) Company Bio
Valmont Industries produces and sells fabricated metal products in the United States and internationally. It operates in four segments: Engineered Infrastructure Products, Utility Support Structures, Coatings, and Irrigation. The company was founded in 1946 and is based in Omaha, Nebraska.
Most Popular Stories View All
VMI Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
VMI Latest Social Stream
View Full VMI Social Stream
Latest VMI News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about VALMONT INDUSTRIES INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate VMI as an investment opportunity.
Today we will run through one way of estimating the intrinsic value of Valmont Industries, Inc. ( NYSE:VMI ) by...
Artisan Partners, an investment management company, released its “Artisan Small Cap Fund” third quarter 2022 investor letter. A copy of the same can be downloaded here. In the third quarter, its Investor Class fund ARTSX returned 3.23%, Advisor Class fund APDSX posted a return of 3.27%, and Institutional Class fund APHSX returned 3.27%, compared to a […]
Valmont Industries Inc (NYSE: VMI) has agreed to sell its offshore wind business to a Denmark-based supplier of steel products, Euro Steel. No financial details were disclosed this time. The offshore wind business, known as Valmont SM, was acquired in 2014. The company plans to utilize the net cash proceeds from the transaction toward the repayment of short-term borrowings. The company expects the transaction to enable its Renewable Energy management team to focus exclusively on the solar busine
OMAHA, Neb., November 14, 2022--Valmont Announces Divestiture of its Offshore Wind Business
OMAHA, Neb., November 11, 2022--Valmont to Participate at 2nd Annual Roth AgTech Conference
VMI Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|