Vertex Pharmaceuticals Inc. (VRTX): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
VRTX POWR Grades
- Quality is the dimension where VRTX ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 97.64% of US stocks.
- VRTX's strongest trending metric is Quality; it's been moving up over the last 179 days.
- VRTX ranks lowest in Momentum; there it ranks in the 12th percentile.
VRTX Stock Summary
- With a market capitalization of $65,675,694,744, Vertex Pharmaceuticals Inc has a greater market value than 95.89% of US stocks.
- VRTX's went public 30.7 years ago, making it older than 83.44% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- Of note is the ratio of Vertex Pharmaceuticals Inc's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; merely 8.81% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Vertex Pharmaceuticals Inc are MU, LRCX, BPMC, SRPT, and SGMO.
- Visit VRTX's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.vrtx.com.
VRTX Valuation Summary
- VRTX's price/sales ratio is 7.8; this is 105.26% higher than that of the median Healthcare stock.
- Over the past 243 months, VRTX's price/earnings ratio has gone up 70.8.
- Over the past 243 months, VRTX's price/sales ratio has gone down 26.7.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for VRTX.
VRTX Growth Metrics
- Its year over year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 75.44%.
- Its 5 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 478.34%.
- Its 2 year price growth rate is now at 63.35%.
The table below shows VRTX's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
VRTX's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- VRTX has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 86.88% of graded US stocks.
- VRTX's asset turnover comes in at 0.564 -- ranking 66th of 681 Pharmaceutical Products stocks.
- ORGO, MDWD, and CCXI are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with VRTX.
The table below shows VRTX's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
VRTX Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
VRTX Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$268.48||52-week high||$292.75|
|Prev. close||$268.35||52-week low||$176.36|
|Day high||$270.98||Avg. volume||1,727,101|
|50-day MA||$262.99||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$220.66||Market Cap||68.67B|
Vertex Pharmaceuticals Inc. (VRTX) Company Bio
Vertex Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is an American biopharmaceutical company based in Boston, Massachusetts. It was one of the first biotech firms to use an explicit strategy of rational drug design rather than combinatorial chemistry. It maintains headquarters in South Boston, Massachusetts, and three research facilities, in San Diego, California, and Milton Park, near Oxford, England. (Source:Wikipedia)
Most Popular Stories View All
VRTX Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
VRTX Latest Social Stream
View Full VRTX Social Stream
Latest VRTX News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Vertex Pharmaceuticals Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate VRTX as an investment opportunity.
Vertex Pharmaceuticals (VRTX) shares are up more than 27% over the past three months, after earnings rebounded from a 2021 second-quarter slump, created by higher research and development costs for certain collaborations.The company's fundamentals appear to be solid, as sales and earnings are growing on continued strong progress in the company's business. So, I'm bullish on this stock.Vertex Pharmaceuticals is a biotechnology developer of treatments for patients affected with cystic fibrosis (CF), an inherited disease that causes severe damage to the respiratory, digestive tract and other organs.The company markets Kaftrio in Europe and other non-U.S. countries, and Trikafta in the U.S.
VIR beat earnings estimates in the fourth quarter on higher sotrovimab revenues for COVID-19 patients.
Vertex (VRTX) reported earnings 30 days ago. What's next for the stock? We take a look at earnings estimates for some clues.
Radius (RDUS) beats on earnings and sales in the fourth quarter. The guidance is disappointing.
Aerie (AERI) beats earnings and sales estimates for the fourth quarter of 2021. AERI's shares increase in the after-market trading session following the news.
VRTX Price Returns
Continue Researching VRTXWant to see what other sources are saying about Vertex Pharmaceuticals Inc's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
Vertex Pharmaceuticals Inc (VRTX) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Vertex Pharmaceuticals Inc (VRTX) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Vertex Pharmaceuticals Inc (VRTX) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch