Vertex Pharmaceuticals Incorporated (VRTX): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
VRTX POWR Grades
- VRTX scores best on the Quality dimension, with a Quality rank ahead of 96.3% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for VRTX is in Stability, which has been heading up over the past 31 weeks.
- VRTX's current lowest rank is in the Momentum metric (where it is better than 5.04% of US stocks).
VRTX Stock Summary
- VRTX has a market capitalization of $52,352,993,303 -- more than approximately 95.13% of US stocks.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of 68.64%, Vertex Pharmaceuticals Inc's debt growth rate surpasses 88.45% of about US stocks.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, VRTX is more volatile than merely 4.85% of stocks we're observing.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Vertex Pharmaceuticals Inc, a group of peers worth examining would be EA, VMW, CMG, SNPS, and CDNS.
- Visit VRTX's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.vrtx.com.
VRTX Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Healthcare stock, VRTX's price/sales ratio is 125% higher, now standing at 8.1.
- Over the past 243 months, VRTX's price/sales ratio has gone down 19.7.
- VRTX's EV/EBIT ratio has moved up 166.2 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for VRTX.
VRTX Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
VRTX Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$201.58||52-week high||$283.45|
|Prev. close||$200.38||52-week low||$185.32|
|Day high||$203.46||Avg. volume||2,090,774|
|50-day MA||$200.82||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$215.15||Market Cap||52.18B|
Vertex Pharmaceuticals Incorporated (VRTX) Company Bio
Vertex Pharmaceuticals engages in discovering, developing, manufacturing, and commercializing small molecule drugs for patients with serious diseases in specialty markets. The company focuses on developing and commercializing therapies for the treatment of cystic fibrosis (CF); and advancing its research and early-stage development programs. The company was founded in 1989 and is based in Boston, Massachusetts.
VRTX Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
We started the process of determining a valid price forecast for Vertex Pharmaceuticals Inc with a discounted cash flow analysis -- the results of which can be found in the table below. To summarize, we found that Vertex Pharmaceuticals Inc ranked in the 97th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Moreover, under all the scenarios we modelled, the output consistently forecasted positive returns. As for the metrics that stood out in our discounted cash flow analysis of Vertex Pharmaceuticals Inc, consider:
- The compound growth rate in the free cash flow of Vertex Pharmaceuticals Inc over the past 4.5 years is 2.02%; that's higher than 92.27% of free cash flow generating stocks in the Healthcare sector.
- The business' balance sheet reveals debt to be 2% of the company's capital (with equity being the remaining amount). Approximately just 8.97% of US stocks with free cash flow have a lower reliance on debt in their capital structure.
- VRTX's estimated cost of debt, based largely on its market capitalization and its interest coverage ratio, is 3%; for context, that number is higher than 54.96% of tickers in our DCF set.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
VRTX Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
VRTX Latest Social Stream
View Full VRTX Social Stream
Latest VRTX News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Vertex Pharmaceuticals Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate VRTX as an investment opportunity.
Vertex to Initiate Phase 3 Development Program for New Once-Daily Triple Combination Regimen in People With Cystic Fibrosis
BOSTON, July 28, 2021--Vertex announces initiation of Phase 3 development program for new once-daily triple combination of VX-121/tezacaftor/VX-561 (deutivacaftor).
Market crashes and steep corrections are the perfect opportunity to buy high-quality stocks at a discount.
On Vertex's (VRTX) second-quarter earnings call, investor focus is likely to be on the sales performance of its triple combo CF drug Trikafta and pipeline progress.
Today, let's turn our attention to gene-editing specialist CRISPR Therapeutics (NASDAQ: CRSP). The stock market performance of a clinical-stage biotech like CRISPR Therapeutics is largely tied to the perceived successes (or potential failures) of its pipeline candidates. The company's approach centers on gene editing, which refers to a set of techniques that allow scientists to modify an organism's DNA.
On CRISPR Therapeutics' (CRSP) Q2 earnings call, investors will look forward to the company's advancement with its lead gene-editing candidate CTX001.
VRTX Price Returns
Continue Researching VRTXWant to see what other sources are saying about Vertex Pharmaceuticals Inc's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
Vertex Pharmaceuticals Inc (VRTX) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Vertex Pharmaceuticals Inc (VRTX) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Vertex Pharmaceuticals Inc (VRTX) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch