Vertex Pharmaceuticals Incorporated (VRTX): Price and Financial Metrics
VRTX Stock Summary
- Vertex Pharmaceuticals Inc's market capitalization of $57,128,823,225 is ahead of 95.66% of US-listed equities.
- Over the past twelve months, VRTX has reported earnings growth of 118.45%, putting it ahead of 88.76% of US stocks in our set.
- Revenue growth over the past 12 months for Vertex Pharmaceuticals Inc comes in at 49.07%, a number that bests 89.76% of the US stocks we're tracking.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Vertex Pharmaceuticals Inc are XLNX, MRVL, EA, REGN, and ANET.
- Visit VRTX's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.vrtx.com.
VRTX Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
VRTX Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$217.40||52-week high||$306.08|
|Prev. close||$215.98||52-week low||$202.57|
|Day high||$218.20||Avg. volume||1,993,617|
|50-day MA||$214.47||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$238.68||Market Cap||56.27B|
Vertex Pharmaceuticals Incorporated (VRTX) Company Bio
Vertex Pharmaceuticals engages in discovering, developing, manufacturing, and commercializing small molecule drugs for patients with serious diseases in specialty markets. The company focuses on developing and commercializing therapies for the treatment of cystic fibrosis (CF); and advancing its research and early-stage development programs. The company was founded in 1989 and is based in Boston, Massachusetts.
VRTX Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
Below please find a table outlining a discounted cash flow forecast for VRTX, in which we model out valuation assuming a variety of terminal growth rates. To summarize, we found that Vertex Pharmaceuticals Inc ranked in the 98th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Our DCF model suggests the stock is undervalued by 10857.67%; returns of such proportions should be viewed with some skepticism, though. As for the metrics that stood out in our discounted cash flow analysis of Vertex Pharmaceuticals Inc, consider:
- The compound growth rate in the free cash flow of Vertex Pharmaceuticals Inc over the past 4.28 years is 2.18%; that's better than 93.28% of cash flow producing equities in the Healthcare sector, where it is classified.
- The business' balance sheet reveals debt to be 2% of the company's capital (with equity being the remaining amount). Approximately only 8.76% of US stocks with free cash flow have a lower reliance on debt in their capital structure.
- VRTX's estimated cost of debt, based largely on its market capitalization and its interest coverage ratio, is 3%; for context, that number is higher than 50.83% of tickers in our DCF set.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
VRTX Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
VRTX Latest Social Stream
View Full VRTX Social Stream
Latest VRTX News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Vertex Pharmaceuticals Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate VRTX as an investment opportunity.
Vertex Pharma Inks Research, Licensing Agreement With Obsidian Therapeutics For Controllable Genetic Therapies
Vertex Pharmaceuticals Incorporated (NASDAQ: VRTX ) and Privately-held Obsidian Therapeutics have entered into a research collaboration and licensing agreement to discover novel therapies that regulate gene editing. The collaboration leverages Obsidian's cytoDRiVE platform technology to discover gene-editing … Full story available on Benzinga.com
Barclays Stick to Their Buy Rating for Vertex Pharmaceuticals
The biotech sector was in focus last week with regulatory updates from Bristol Myers (BMY), among others.
Vertex (VRTX) to lead CRISPR Therapeutics for manufacture and commercialization of gene-editing therapy CTX001 which is being developed for treating SCD and TDT.
Vertex Pharmaceuticals Inc. said Tuesday it plans to pay $1.1 billion to Crispr Therapeutics AG as part of a deal to test an experimental gene-editing therapy for sickle cell disease and transfusion-dependent beta-thalassemia. The companies previously set up a development deal in 2015; as part of the amended one, which was announced Tuesday, Vertex will pay the Swiss genome-editing company a new $900 million upfront payment, with an additional $200 million available for meeting regulatory milestones, to test the investigational therapy for the blood disorders. In exchange, Vertex will provide 60% of costs and get 60% of profits from future sales if the therapy is approved and commercialized. Since the start of the year, Vertex's stock is down 6.8%, shares of Crispr Therapeutics have dro...
VRTX Price Returns
Continue Researching VRTXWant to see what other sources are saying about Vertex Pharmaceuticals Inc's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
Vertex Pharmaceuticals Inc (VRTX) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Vertex Pharmaceuticals Inc (VRTX) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Vertex Pharmaceuticals Inc (VRTX) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch