Vertex Pharmaceuticals Inc. (VRTX): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
VRTX POWR Grades
- VRTX scores best on the Quality dimension, with a Quality rank ahead of 97.49% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for VRTX is in Growth, which has been heading down over the past 177 days.
- VRTX ranks lowest in Momentum; there it ranks in the 35th percentile.
VRTX Stock Summary
- VERTEX PHARMACEUTICALS INC's market capitalization of $77,977,729,289 is ahead of 97.23% of US-listed equities.
- Of note is the ratio of VERTEX PHARMACEUTICALS INC's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; just 11.64% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- The volatility of VERTEX PHARMACEUTICALS INC's share price is greater than that of just 12.76% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to VRTX, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are MU, LRCX, REGN, AMAT, and INTC.
- VRTX's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit VERTEX PHARMACEUTICALS INC's official web site, go to www.vrtx.com.
VRTX Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Healthcare stock, VRTX's price/sales ratio is 347.62% higher, now standing at 9.4.
- Over the past 243 months, VRTX's EV/EBIT ratio has gone up 38.2.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for VRTX.
VRTX Growth Metrics
- The 5 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at 242.8%.
- Its 4 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 298.55%.
- The 3 year revenue growth rate now stands at 143.4%.
The table below shows VRTX's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
VRTX's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- VRTX has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 86.88% of graded US stocks.
- VRTX's asset turnover comes in at 0.564 -- ranking 66th of 681 Pharmaceutical Products stocks.
- ORGO, MDWD, and CCXI are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with VRTX.
The table below shows VRTX's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
VRTX Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
VRTX Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$301.02||52-week high||$325.19|
|Prev. close||$303.78||52-week low||$225.28|
|Day high||$306.40||Avg. volume||1,478,522|
|50-day MA||$305.56||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$289.35||Market Cap||77.27B|
Vertex Pharmaceuticals Inc. (VRTX) Company Bio
Vertex Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is an American biopharmaceutical company based in Boston, Massachusetts. It was one of the first biotech firms to use an explicit strategy of rational drug design rather than combinatorial chemistry. It maintains headquarters in South Boston, Massachusetts, and three research facilities, in San Diego, California, and Milton Park, near Oxford, England. (Source:Wikipedia)
Most Popular Stories View All
VRTX Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
VRTX Latest Social Stream
View Full VRTX Social Stream
Latest VRTX News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about VERTEX PHARMACEUTICALS INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate VRTX as an investment opportunity.
Ultragenyx (RARE) possesses the right combination of the two key ingredients for a likely earnings beat in its upcoming report. Get prepared with the key expectations.
The healthcare industry has proven to be a remarkably resilient place to put capital to work in a wide range of environments. From life-saving medicines and therapies to vaccines, these are just a few examples of the essential products that healthcare companies make that render them particularly defensive investments in a bearish environment. AbbVie (NYSE: ABBV) is a pharmaceutical giant.
Wouldn't it be nice if investors had an "easy button" like the one that was featured in Staples commercials years ago? Unfortunately, the "easy button" doesn't exist. Actually, Amazon's stock has already begun a rebound, up more than 20% year to date after plunging nearly 50% in 2022.
In the latest trading session, Vertex Pharmaceuticals (VRTX) closed at $317.27, marking a -1.8% move from the previous day.
What will it take for a new bull market to begin? The commonly accepted definition of a bull market is when stock prices rise 20% or more above their previous low. A new bull market realistically could be on the way in February.
VRTX Price Returns
Continue Researching VRTXWant to see what other sources are saying about Vertex Pharmaceuticals Inc's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
Vertex Pharmaceuticals Inc (VRTX) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Vertex Pharmaceuticals Inc (VRTX) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Vertex Pharmaceuticals Inc (VRTX) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch