Vertex Pharmaceuticals Incorporated (VRTX): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
VRTX POWR Grades
- VRTX scores best on the Value dimension, with a Value rank ahead of 93.6% of US stocks.
- VRTX's strongest trending metric is Momentum; it's been moving down over the last 52 weeks.
- VRTX ranks lowest in Momentum; there it ranks in the 9th percentile.
VRTX Stock Summary
- VRTX has a market capitalization of $47,752,984,484 -- more than approximately 94.15% of US stocks.
- VRTX's one year PEG ratio, measuring expected growth in earnings next year relative to current common stock price is 295.13 -- higher than 90.15% of US-listed equities with positive expected earnings growth.
- Of note is the ratio of Vertex Pharmaceuticals Inc's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; only 9.76% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to VRTX, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are REGN, NTLA, VIR, NRIX, and SGMO.
- Visit VRTX's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.vrtx.com.
VRTX Valuation Summary
- VRTX's price/sales ratio is 7.8; this is 105.26% higher than that of the median Healthcare stock.
- Over the past 243 months, VRTX's price/earnings ratio has gone up 70.8.
- Over the past 243 months, VRTX's price/sales ratio has gone down 26.7.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for VRTX.
VRTX Growth Metrics
- Its 4 year revenue growth rate is now at 273.05%.
- Its 5 year price growth rate is now at 198.58%.
- Its 3 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 311.88%.
The table below shows VRTX's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
VRTX's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- VRTX has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 86.59% of graded US stocks.
- VRTX's asset turnover comes in at 0.564 -- ranking 68th of 680 Pharmaceutical Products stocks.
- ORGO, MDWD, and CCXI are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with VRTX.
The table below shows VRTX's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
VRTX Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
VRTX Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$180.94||52-week high||$242.99|
|Prev. close||$184.07||52-week low||$176.36|
|Day high||$184.96||Avg. volume||1,958,019|
|50-day MA||$187.72||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$204.52||Market Cap||46.94B|
Vertex Pharmaceuticals Incorporated (VRTX) Company Bio
Vertex Pharmaceuticals engages in discovering, developing, manufacturing, and commercializing small molecule drugs for patients with serious diseases in specialty markets. The company focuses on developing and commercializing therapies for the treatment of cystic fibrosis (CF); and advancing its research and early-stage development programs. The company was founded in 1989 and is based in Boston, Massachusetts.
Most Popular Stories View All
VRTX Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
VRTX Latest Social Stream
View Full VRTX Social Stream
Latest VRTX News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Vertex Pharmaceuticals Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate VRTX as an investment opportunity.
On CRISPR Therapeutics' (CRSP) Q3 earnings call, investor focus will likely be on updates on the company's pipeline candidates, especially its lead candidate CTX001.
BOSTON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Vertex Pharmaceuticals Incorporated (Nasdaq: VRTX) will report its third-quarter 2021 financial results on Tuesday, November 2, 2021 after the financial markets close. The company will host a conference call and webcast at 4:30 p.m. ET. To access the call, please dial (866) 501-1537 (U.S.) or +1 (720) 545-0001 (International). The conference call will be webcast live and a link to the webcast can be accessed through Vertex''s website at www.vrtx.com in the "Investors" se
Any biotech acquisition is a good one -- at the right price, of course.
The best investing alternatives have a solid business model combined with tremendous growth prospects. You'll need nearly half of your initial $500 -- around $220 -- to buy one share of Nvidia (NASDAQ: NVDA). The obvious opportunity for Nvidia is in gaming.
Brokerages Anticipate Vertex Pharmaceuticals Incorporated (NASDAQ:VRTX) to Announce $3.12 Earnings Per Share
Equities research analysts expect Vertex Pharmaceuticals Incorporated (NASDAQ:VRTX) to post $3.12 earnings per share (EPS) for the current quarter, Zacks Investment Research reports. Eight analysts have made estimates for Vertex Pharmaceuticals earnings, with estimates ranging from $2.70 to $3.45. Vertex Pharmaceuticals reported earnings per share of $2.64 in the same quarter last year, which would 
VRTX Price Returns
Continue Researching VRTXWant to see what other sources are saying about Vertex Pharmaceuticals Inc's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
Vertex Pharmaceuticals Inc (VRTX) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Vertex Pharmaceuticals Inc (VRTX) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Vertex Pharmaceuticals Inc (VRTX) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch