Vertex Pharmaceuticals Inc. (VRTX): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
VRTX POWR Grades
- Quality is the dimension where VRTX ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 98.69% of US stocks.
- VRTX's strongest trending metric is Momentum; it's been moving up over the last 179 days.
- VRTX ranks lowest in Momentum; there it ranks in the 25th percentile.
VRTX Stock Summary
- With a market capitalization of $74,255,278,418, VERTEX PHARMACEUTICALS INC has a greater market value than 97.58% of US stocks.
- Of note is the ratio of VERTEX PHARMACEUTICALS INC's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; only 11.47% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- VRTX's price/sales ratio is 8.89; that's higher than the P/S ratio of 87.48% of US stocks.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to VERTEX PHARMACEUTICALS INC, a group of peers worth examining would be MU, AMAT, INTC, LRCX, and REGN.
- Visit VRTX's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.vrtx.com.
VRTX Valuation Summary
- VRTX's price/sales ratio is 8.7; this is 357.89% higher than that of the median Healthcare stock.
- Over the past 243 months, VRTX's price/earnings ratio has gone up 38.7.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for VRTX.
VRTX Growth Metrics
- The 3 year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at 13.72%.
- Its 4 year revenue growth rate is now at 190.09%.
- Its year over year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at -11.26%.
The table below shows VRTX's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
VRTX's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- VRTX has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 86.88% of graded US stocks.
- VRTX's asset turnover comes in at 0.564 -- ranking 66th of 681 Pharmaceutical Products stocks.
- ORGO, MDWD, and CCXI are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with VRTX.
The table below shows VRTX's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
VRTX Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
VRTX Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$302.02||52-week high||$305.95|
|Prev. close||$300.64||52-week low||$176.36|
|Day high||$304.26||Avg. volume||1,617,018|
|50-day MA||$288.20||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$263.06||Market Cap||77.46B|
Vertex Pharmaceuticals Inc. (VRTX) Company Bio
Vertex Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is an American biopharmaceutical company based in Boston, Massachusetts. It was one of the first biotech firms to use an explicit strategy of rational drug design rather than combinatorial chemistry. It maintains headquarters in South Boston, Massachusetts, and three research facilities, in San Diego, California, and Milton Park, near Oxford, England. (Source:Wikipedia)
Most Popular Stories View All
VRTX Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
VRTX Latest Social Stream
View Full VRTX Social Stream
Latest VRTX News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about VERTEX PHARMACEUTICALS INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate VRTX as an investment opportunity.
What's better than a growth stock that's performed well in the past? The answer is easy: A growth stock that should perform well in the future. Here's why they chose Eli Lilly (NYSE: LLY), Pfizer (NYSE: PFE), and Vertex Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ: VRTX).
Vertex Pharmaceuicals flashed a buy signal last week on positive gene-editing news. It's one of several resilient stocks to watch in the bear market.
hate relationship with the biotechnology sector, and it's easy to see why they are split on the sector. In this piece, we used TipRanks' Comparison Tool to evaluate two biotech stocks. Vertex Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ: VRTX) and Sarepta Therapeutics (NASDAQ: SRPT) are two of the biggest players in biotech, but the two couldn't be more different. While VRTX is a steady, profitable company, SRPT is riskier but may offer a better opportunity. Taking the Plunge into Biotech Biotechnology has become a critical part of the healthcare sector. It's important to understand the difference between biotech and pharmaceuticals.
The Dow Jones Industrial Average dropped Friday on hot inflation data. Tesla stock fell ahead of the company's AI Day.
If you're not familiar with Vertex Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ: VRTX), this healthcare stock is certainly one to put on your radar. The company develops and manufactures medicines that treat rare diseases. As of right now, it has four approved products, and all of them treat cystic fibrosis.
VRTX Price Returns
Continue Researching VRTXWant to see what other sources are saying about Vertex Pharmaceuticals Inc's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
Vertex Pharmaceuticals Inc (VRTX) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Vertex Pharmaceuticals Inc (VRTX) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Vertex Pharmaceuticals Inc (VRTX) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch