ViaSat, Inc. (VSAT): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
VSAT POWR Grades
- Growth is the dimension where VSAT ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 99.85% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for VSAT is in Growth, which has been heading up over the past 51 weeks.
- VSAT's current lowest rank is in the Quality metric (where it is better than 8.73% of US stocks).
VSAT Stock Summary
- With a price/earnings ratio of 124.69, Viasat Inc P/E ratio is greater than that of about 93.72% of stocks in our set with positive earnings.
- In terms of twelve month growth in earnings before interest and taxes, Viasat Inc is reporting a growth rate of 150.31%; that's higher than 85.73% of US stocks.
- Viasat Inc's shareholder yield -- a measure of how much capital is returned to stockholders via dividends and buybacks -- is -11.36%, greater than the shareholder yield of just 19.49% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to VSAT, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are SPSC, KTOS, XENT, LMND, and SLP.
- Visit VSAT's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.viasat.com.
VSAT Valuation Summary
- VSAT's price/earnings ratio is 114.9; this is 194.62% higher than that of the median Technology stock.
- Over the past 243 months, VSAT's EV/EBIT ratio has gone up 58.6.
- VSAT's price/sales ratio has moved down 0.4 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for VSAT.
VSAT Growth Metrics
- Its 4 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 623.03%.
- Its year over year revenue growth rate is now at -2.3%.
- The 5 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at 376.5%.
The table below shows VSAT's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
VSAT's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- VSAT has a Quality Grade of D, ranking ahead of 8.82% of graded US stocks.
- VSAT's asset turnover comes in at 0.439 -- ranking 155th of 206 Electronic Equipment stocks.
- CMTL, CODA, and KULR are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with VSAT.
The table below shows VSAT's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
VSAT Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
VSAT Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$55.17||52-week high||$61.35|
|Prev. close||$56.20||52-week low||$29.82|
|Day high||$56.70||Avg. volume||564,502|
|50-day MA||$53.12||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$50.04||Market Cap||4.05B|
ViaSat, Inc. (VSAT) Company Bio
ViaSat offers high-speed internet and broadband services in North America; worldwide mobile satellite services, including global tracking and messaging as well as high-speed in-flight internet; satellite broadband networking systems; Wi-Fi and other hotspot operations, support, and management systems; network-centric military communication systems for the U.S. and allied governments; cybersecurity; and communication system design. The company was founded in 1986 and is based in Carlsbad, California.
Most Popular Stories View All
VSAT Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
VSAT Latest Social Stream
View Full VSAT Social Stream
Latest VSAT News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Viasat Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate VSAT as an investment opportunity.
ADTRAN (ADTN) is likely to be a promising investment option on the back of its growing partnerships with several telcos supported by an array of innovative solutions.
Viasat Launches Direct Service for Business Aviation; Viasat Select Offers Ka-Band In-Flight Connectivity Solutions to Match an Aircraft's Operational Profile
Viasat Inc. (NASDAQ: VSAT), a global communications company, today announced a first-of-its-kind direct service model for business aviation Ka-band In-flight Connectivity (IFC). Called Viasat Select, the new service introduces custom IFC solutions and compelling connectivity plans that are tailored to match a business aircraft's specific operational profile. The Viasat Select service plans include global and regional unlimited plans that feature uncapped data paired with Viasat's popular "No Spe
The Zacks Analyst Blog Highlights: Qualcomm, Viasat, CommScope Holding, Motorola and Nokia
While Qualcomm (QCOM) will acquire Veoneer to gain a firmer footing in the self-driving vehicle market, Viasat (VSAT) is offering enhanced in-flight connectivity solutions for the business aviation market in Brazil.
Ericsson (ERIC) intends to accelerate the Ooredoo Group's digital transformation goals and boost its Business to Business and Business to Consumer strategies.
VSAT Price Returns