ViaSat, Inc. (VSAT): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
VSAT POWR Grades
- VSAT scores best on the Growth dimension, with a Growth rank ahead of 73.71% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for VSAT is in Momentum, which has been heading up over the past 177 days.
- VSAT's current lowest rank is in the Quality metric (where it is better than 7.01% of US stocks).
VSAT Stock Summary
- Price to trailing twelve month operating cash flow for VSAT is currently 4.57, higher than merely 22.11% of US stocks with positive operating cash flow.
- In terms of twelve month growth in earnings before interest and taxes, VIASAT INC is reporting a growth rate of -162.5%; that's higher than just 9.88% of US stocks.
- VIASAT INC's shareholder yield -- a measure of how much capital is returned to stockholders via dividends and buybacks -- is -21.68%, greater than the shareholder yield of only 19.89% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to VSAT, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are EXAS, AXGN, APEN, CARG, and KTOS.
- VSAT's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit VIASAT INC's official web site, go to www.viasat.com.
VSAT Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Technology stock, VSAT's price/earnings ratio is 335.68% lower, now standing at -50.2.
- VSAT's price/sales ratio has moved up 0.2 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for VSAT.
VSAT Growth Metrics
- Its 3 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 54.37%.
- Its 4 year price growth rate is now at -46.46%.
- Its 5 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at -100.78%.
The table below shows VSAT's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
VSAT's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- VSAT has a Quality Grade of D, ranking ahead of 8.06% of graded US stocks.
- VSAT's asset turnover comes in at 0.439 -- ranking 155th of 208 Electronic Equipment stocks.
- CMTL, CODA, and KULR are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with VSAT.
The table below shows VSAT's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
VSAT Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
VSAT Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$30.23||52-week high||$68.76|
|Prev. close||$30.84||52-week low||$25.38|
|Day high||$31.93||Avg. volume||422,651|
|50-day MA||$35.17||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$39.68||Market Cap||2.28B|
ViaSat, Inc. (VSAT) Company Bio
ViaSat offers high-speed internet and broadband services in North America; worldwide mobile satellite services, including global tracking and messaging as well as high-speed in-flight internet; satellite broadband networking systems; Wi-Fi and other hotspot operations, support, and management systems; network-centric military communication systems for the U.S. and allied governments; cybersecurity; and communication system design. The company was founded in 1986 and is based in Carlsbad, California.
Most Popular Stories View All
VSAT Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
VSAT Latest Social Stream
View Full VSAT Social Stream
Latest VSAT News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about VIASAT INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate VSAT as an investment opportunity.
Viasat Inc. (NASDAQ: VSAT), a global leader in satellite communications, announced today the completion of the integration of the first ViaSat-3 satellite, marking the first time the satellite is in its flight configuration. The ViaSat-3 satellite has now entered the mechanical environmental testing process, simulating the vibration and acoustic environments that the satellite will experience during the launch and early transfer orbit phases of its mission, in preparation for launch later this y
Here at Zacks, our focus is on the proven Zacks Rank system, which emphasizes earnings estimates and estimate revisions to find great stocks. Nevertheless, we are always paying attention to the latest value, growth, and momentum trends to underscore strong picks.
In this article, we discuss the 10 top stock picks of billionaire Seth Klarman. If you want to read about some stocks in the Klarman portfolio, go directly to 5 Top Stock Picks of Billionaire Seth Klarman. Seth Klarman of Baupost Group manages an equity portfolio worth more than $6.7 billion at the end of […]
Viasat & Inmarsat Receive UK Government Approval for Proposed Combination Under National Security & Investment Act
Viasat Inc., (NASDAQ: VSAT), a global communications company, and Inmarsat, a leading provider of global mobile satellite communications services, today announced the receipt of approval of the proposed combination of their businesses by the UK Government under the National Security & Investment Act.
ViaSat (VSAT) might move higher on growing optimism about its earnings prospects, which is reflected by its upgrade to a Zacks Rank #2 (Buy).
VSAT Price Returns