Vista Outdoor Inc. (VSTO): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
VSTO POWR Grades
- VSTO scores best on the Value dimension, with a Value rank ahead of 96.54% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for VSTO is in Stability, which has been heading up over the past 31 weeks.
- VSTO ranks lowest in Stability; there it ranks in the 29th percentile.
VSTO Stock Summary
- Vista Outdoor Inc's capital turnover -- a measure of revenue relative to shareholder's equity -- is better than 84.41% of US listed stocks.
- VSTO's current price/earnings ratio is 8.47, which is higher than only 13.31% of US stocks with positive earnings.
- Over the past twelve months, VSTO has reported earnings growth of -315.49%, putting it ahead of only 6.61% of US stocks in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Vista Outdoor Inc, a group of peers worth examining would be AAWW, EVC, CENT, GCO, and DHX.
- VSTO's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Vista Outdoor Inc's official web site, go to vistaoutdoor.com.
VSTO Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Consumer Cyclical stock, VSTO's price/sales ratio is 67.74% lower, now standing at 1.
- Over the past 78 months, VSTO's price/earnings ratio has gone down 9.6.
- Over the past 78 months, VSTO's EV/EBIT ratio has gone down 5.4.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for VSTO.
VSTO Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
VSTO Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$40.95||52-week high||$47.62|
|Prev. close||$40.39||52-week low||$17.07|
|Day high||$41.67||Avg. volume||1,120,514|
|50-day MA||$41.71||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$31.59||Market Cap||2.36B|
Vista Outdoor Inc. (VSTO) Company Bio
Vista Outdoor, Inc. engages in the design, manufacture, and marketing of consumer products in the outdoor sports and recreation markets. It operates through the following segments: Shooting Sports and Outdoor Products. The Shooting Sports product lines include centerfire ammunition, rimfire ammunition, shotshell ammunition, reloading components and firearms. The Outdoor Products product lines include action sports, archery and hunting accessories, camping, global eyewear and sport protection products. The company was founded in 2014 and is headquartered in Anoka, MN.
VSTO Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
Below please find a table outlining a discounted cash flow forecast for VSTO, in which we model out valuation assuming a variety of terminal growth rates. To summarize, we found that Vista Outdoor Inc ranked in the 67th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Specifically, our DCF analysis implies the stock is trading below its fair value by an estimated 76.67%. In terms of the factors that were most noteworthy in this DCF analysis for VSTO, they are:
- Interest coverage, a measure of earnings relative to interest payments, is 11.14; that's higher than 73.96% of US stocks in the Consumer Cyclical sector that have positive free cash flow.
- Vista Outdoor Inc's weighted average cost of capital (WACC) is 9%; for context, that number is higher than only 18.08% of tickers in our DCF set.
- Vista Outdoor Inc's effective tax rate, as measured by taxes paid relative to net income, is at 0 -- greater than only 0% of US stocks with positive free cash flow.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
VSTO Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
VSTO Latest Social Stream
View Full VSTO Social Stream
Latest VSTO News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Vista Outdoor Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate VSTO as an investment opportunity.
Vista Outdoor Inc. (VSTO) delivered a blowout first quarter, driven by sales of higher margin product mix in both its segments. Shares jumped 5.7%, closing at $40.39 on July 30. The company reported adjusted earnings of $1.74 per share, increasing a whopping 241.2% compared to the prior-year period and beating the analysts’ estimate of $0.90 per share. Additionally, sales climbed 38% to $662.91 million, outpacing the Street’s estimate of $615.6 million. Compared to the year-ago period, the company’s Shooting Sports and Outdoor Products segments recorded revenue growth of 39% and 38% respectively.
VSTO earnings call for the period ending June 30, 2021.
View more earnings on VSTOSee more from BenzingaClick here for options trades from BenzingaBudweiser Maker Stock Falls Despite Strong Q2 Volume Growth, Earnings BeatAvery Dennison Shares Gain On Strong Q2 Results, Raised FY21 Guidance© 2021 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.
Vista Outdoor Inc. (NYSE: VSTO), a leading global designer, manufacturer and marketer of products in the outdoor sports and recreation markets, today reported financial results for the first quarter of its Fiscal Year 2022 (FY22), which ended on June 27, 2021.
This stock is beating earning and it looks like shares could shoot higher.
VSTO Price Returns