Vertex Energy, Inc (VTNR): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
VTNR POWR Grades
- VTNR scores best on the Momentum dimension, with a Momentum rank ahead of 80.68% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for VTNR is in Growth, which has been heading down over the past 179 days.
- VTNR's current lowest rank is in the Growth metric (where it is better than 0.47% of US stocks).
VTNR Stock Summary
- The capital turnover (annual revenue relative to shareholder's equity) for VTNR is 4.12 -- better than 89.63% of US stocks.
- The price/operating cash flow metric for Vertex Energy Inc is higher than 91.18% of stocks in our set with a positive cash flow.
- As for revenue growth, note that VTNR's revenue has grown -14.25% over the past 12 months; that beats the revenue growth of only 8.91% of US companies in our set.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Vertex Energy Inc are WBT, CELP, DOOR, OII, and ATKR.
- Visit VTNR's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.vertexenergy.com.
VTNR Valuation Summary
- VTNR's price/earnings ratio is -14.9; this is 174.13% lower than that of the median Energy stock.
- VTNR's price/earnings ratio has moved down 13.7 over the prior 148 months.
- VTNR's price/sales ratio has moved up 2.1 over the prior 148 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for VTNR.
VTNR Growth Metrics
- Its 5 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 143.68%.
- The 5 year price growth rate now stands at -51.72%.
- Its 5 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 827.54%.
The table below shows VTNR's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
VTNR's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- VTNR has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 57.35% of graded US stocks.
- VTNR's asset turnover comes in at 1.577 -- ranking 7th of 137 Petroleum and Natural Gas stocks.
- VNOM, HUSA, and DMLP are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with VTNR.
The table below shows VTNR's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
VTNR Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
VTNR Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$12.00||52-week high||$18.10|
|Prev. close||$11.51||52-week low||$3.30|
|Day high||$12.41||Avg. volume||4,458,688|
|50-day MA||$12.40||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$7.34||Market Cap||774.97M|
Vertex Energy, Inc (VTNR) Company Bio
Vertex Energy Inc. is a middle market consolidator, refiner and re-refiner of distressed petroleum streams, such as used oil, transmix, fuel oils and off-specification commercial chemical products.
Most Popular Stories View All
VTNR Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
VTNR Latest Social Stream
View Full VTNR Social Stream
Latest VTNR News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Vertex Energy Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate VTNR as an investment opportunity.
HOUSTON, TX / ACCESSWIRE / February 22, 2022 / Vertex Energy, Inc. The closing date and the funding of the Term Loan are subject to the closing of Vertex's planned acquisition of the Mobile Refinery during the first quarter of 2022, in addition to various conditions precedent, as set forth in more detail in the Commitment Letter (including all exhibits thereto) filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission on the Company's Form 8-K on February 22, 2022.
HOUSTON, TX / ACCESSWIRE / February 22, 2022 / Vertex Energy, Inc. (NASDAQ:VTNR) ("Vertex" or the "Company"), a leading specialty refiner and marketer of high-purity refined products, today announced that it will issue fourth quarter and full-year 2021 financial results before the market opens on Tuesday, March 8, 2022.
Vertex Energy Announces 5-year Renewable Diesel Supply Agreement With Idemitsu Apollo Renewable Corporation
HOUSTON, TX / ACCESSWIRE / February 17, 2022/ Vertex Energy, Inc. (NASDAQ:VTNR) ("Vertex Energy", "Vertex" or the "Company"), a leading specialty refiner and marketer of high-quality refined products, today announced that it has entered into a 5-year product supply agreement with Idemitsu Apollo Renewable Corporation ("Idemitsu"), a wholly-owned California-based subsidiary of Idemitsu Kosan.
Vertex Energy (VTNR) -3.8% pre-market on news that the planned sale of its used motor oil collection and recycling assets to Clean Harbors'' (CLH) Safety-Kleen subsidiary has
Shares of Vertex Energy (NASDAQ: VTNR), a specialty refiner of alternative feedstocks, fell sharply in early trading on Tuesday, losing roughly 13% of their value. The big news here was released this morning and related to a planned asset sale to a division of Clean Harbors (NYSE: CLH). Vertex Energy agreed to sell motor-oil recycling assets to Safety-Kleen, which is owned by Clean Harbors, for $140 million in late June of last year.
VTNR Price Returns