Viatris Inc. (VTRS): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
VTRS POWR Grades
- Value is the dimension where VTRS ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 99.48% of US stocks.
- VTRS's strongest trending metric is Quality; it's been moving up over the last 179 days.
- VTRS's current lowest rank is in the Momentum metric (where it is better than 6.74% of US stocks).
VTRS Stock Summary
- VIATRIS INC's stock had its IPO on December 18, 1987, making it an older stock than 91.49% of US equities in our set.
- In terms of twelve month growth in earnings before interest and taxes, VIATRIS INC is reporting a growth rate of -12,176.6%; that's higher than only 0.22% of US stocks.
- Shareholder yield, a measure of how much is returned to shareholders via dividends and share repurchases, for VTRS comes in at 34.3% -- higher than that of 94.67% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to VIATRIS INC are OPK, LUNA, GNSS, BZFD, and SRTS.
- Visit VTRS's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.viatris.com.
VTRS Valuation Summary
- VTRS's price/sales ratio is 0.7; this is 63.16% lower than that of the median Healthcare stock.
- Over the past 243 months, VTRS's price/earnings ratio has gone down 14.7.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for VTRS.
VTRS Growth Metrics
- Its 5 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at -11.78%.
- The 4 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at -20.92%.
- Its 4 year price growth rate is now at -55.64%.
The table below shows VTRS's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
VTRS's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- VTRS has a Quality Grade of D, ranking ahead of 8.02% of graded US stocks.
- VTRS's asset turnover comes in at 0.298 -- ranking 155th of 682 Pharmaceutical Products stocks.
- CRIS, KDNY, and AGIO are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with VTRS.
The table below shows VTRS's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
VTRS Price Target
For more insight on analysts targets of VTRS, see our VTRS price target page. And for a list of of all stocks sorted by upside potential based on analyst target price, see our Top Price Target page.
|Average Price Target||$20.21||Average Broker Recommendation||1.72 (Moderate Buy)|
VTRS Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
VTRS Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$9.33||52-week high||$12.40|
|Prev. close||$9.20||52-week low||$8.42|
|Day high||$9.36||Avg. volume||9,562,725|
|50-day MA||$11.14||Dividend yield||5.22%|
|200-day MA||$10.51||Market Cap||11.17B|
Viatris Inc. (VTRS) Company Bio
Viatris Inc. is an American global healthcare company headquartered in Canonsburg, Pennsylvania. The company was formed through the merger of Mylan and Upjohn, a division of Pfizer, on November 16, 2020. (Source:Wikipedia)
Most Popular Stories View All
VTRS Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
VTRS Latest Social Stream
View Full VTRS Social Stream
Latest VTRS News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about VIATRIS INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate VTRS as an investment opportunity.
3 Healthcare Spinoffs Worth a Look, But 1 Has the Best Long-Term Potential
Healthcare spinoffs aren't normally seen as companies with strong growth potential. More likely than not, spinoffs stem from a division of a company that, while possibly profitable, is seeing slower growth. Embecta (NASDAQ: EMBC.V), Viatris (NASDAQ: VTRS) and GE Healthcare Technologies (NASDAQ: GEHC) are three of the bigger healthcare spinoffs in recent years.
I Own 12 High-Yield Dividend Stocks. Here's the Best of the Bunch.
How high of a dividend yield does a stock need to have to be considered a high-yield stock? Opinions vary. However, many investors would include any stock with a yield that's greater than that offered by 10-year U.
Pfizer Has Another Blockbuster on the Horizon, but That's Not All
Over the past year, Pfizer (NYSE: PFE) made a series of acquisitions, even announcing at one point that it planned to remain "very active in deal-making." On March 13, Pfizer announced the planned blockbuster acquisition of cancer specialist Seagen (NASDAQ: SGEN) for a massive $43 billion in cash. This move, expected to close by year-end or early 2024, will likely improve Pfizer's prospects, and it is only the latest in a series of important and successful strategic decisions the company's management has made.
Is Viatris' 5% Dividend Yield Safe?
Viatris (NASDAQ: VTRS) makes both generic and branded drugs and its stock looks like a potential steal of a deal at the moment. Holding a lot of debt as interest rates are rising can be risky, and that's likely why investors are extra cautious when it comes to Viatris. Interest expenses of $592.4 million in 2022 were 7% lower than the $636.2 million that Viatris incurred a year earlier.
Nasdaq Bear Market: These 3 Stocks Are Trading Below Their Book Values
The collapse of SVB Financial's Silicon Valley Bank last week likely threw a monkey wrench into the macroeconomic machinery that was working to end the current bear market. Three Nasdaq stocks that look like potential bargains and that investors don't even have to pay book value for right now are Viatris (NASDAQ: VTRS), Warner Bros. Discovery (NASDAQ: WBD), and Kraft Heinz (NASDAQ: KHC). Generic and branded drugmaker Viatris has consistently been trading below its book value over the past year.
VTRS Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Loading social stream, please wait...