Valvoline Inc. (VVV): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
VVV POWR Grades
- VVV scores best on the Quality dimension, with a Quality rank ahead of 80.41% of US stocks.
- VVV's strongest trending metric is Momentum; it's been moving up over the last 31 weeks.
- VVV ranks lowest in Growth; there it ranks in the 34th percentile.
VVV Stock Summary
- The capital turnover (annual revenue relative to shareholder's equity) for VVV is -45.04 -- better than just 0.51% of US stocks.
- Of note is the ratio of Valvoline Inc's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 98.45% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- VVV's equity multiplier -- a measure of assets relative to shareholders'equity -- is greater than that of just 0.72% of US stocks.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Valvoline Inc are LEE, SEAS, GTH, HZN, and SESN.
- Visit VVV's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.valvoline.com.
VVV Valuation Summary
- VVV's price/earnings ratio is 16.1; this is 2.13% lower than that of the median Energy stock.
- Over the past 59 months, VVV's EV/EBIT ratio has gone down 0.7.
- VVV's EV/EBIT ratio has moved down 0.7 over the prior 59 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for VVV.
VVV Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
VVV Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$31.42||52-week high||$34.65|
|Prev. close||$30.90||52-week low||$18.34|
|Day high||$31.58||Avg. volume||1,357,295|
|50-day MA||$32.28||Dividend yield||1.63%|
|200-day MA||$26.83||Market Cap||5.69B|
Valvoline Inc. (VVV) Company Bio
Valvoline International, Inc. manufactures and distributes automotive, commercial, and industrial lubricants, and automotive chemicals. The company was founded in 1918 and is based in Lexington, Kentucky.
VVV Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
We started the process of determining a valid price forecast for Valvoline Inc with a discounted cash flow analysis -- the results of which can be found in the table below. To summarize, we found that Valvoline Inc ranked in the 24th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. We should note, though, that the most conservative analysis suggests this stock will yield negative results -- and thus may be a potential short opportunity. The most interesting components of our discounted cash flow analysis for Valvoline Inc ended up being:
- Its compound free cash flow growth rate, as measured over the past 4.36 years, is -0.01% -- higher than just 21.72% of stocks in our DCF forecasting set.
- Valvoline Inc's weighted average cost of capital (WACC) is 9%; for context, that number is higher than only 13.89% of tickers in our DCF set.
- The company's cost of debt, derived from its interest coverage, tax rate, and market capitalization, is greater than only 7.44% of stocks in its sector (Energy).
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
VVV Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
VVV Latest Social Stream
View Full VVV Social Stream
Latest VVV News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Valvoline Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate VVV as an investment opportunity.
Valvoline (VVV) doesn't possess the right combination of the two key ingredients for a likely earnings beat in its upcoming report. Get prepared with the key expectations.
Valvoline Inc. (NYSE: VVV), a leading provider of automotive services and premium branded lubricants, has released its 2020 Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) report. The foundational CSR pillars at Valvoline™ center on its "Three V's" – Values, Vow, and Vision – with a strategic focus in three main areas: citizenship, sustainability, and diversity, equity and inclusion.
Valvoline Inc. (NYSE: VVV), a leading provider of automotive services and premium branded lubricants, today announced that it plans to report financial results for its fiscal third quarter after market close on Aug. 4, 2021, and host a live audio webcast with analysts and investors at 9 a.m. ET on Aug. 5, 2021.
The energy sector is comprised of companies focused on the exploration, production, and marketing of oil, gas, and renewable resources around the world. Popular energy sector stocks include upstream companies that are primarily engaged in the exploration of oil or gas reserves. Well-known companies are Devon Energy Corp. (DVN) and Chesapeake Energy Corp. (CHK).
While the market driven by short-term sentiment influenced by the accommodative interest rate environment in the US, virus news and stimulus spending, many smart money investors are starting to get cautious towards the current bull run since March, 2020 and hedging or reducing many of their long positions. Some fund managers are betting on Dow […]
VVV Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|