Walgreens Boots Alliance Inc. (WBA): Price and Financial Metrics
WBA Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$22.51||52-week high||$42.29|
|Prev. close||$22.42||52-week low||$20.58|
|Day high||$22.69||Avg. volume||8,625,736|
|50-day MA||$25.48||Dividend yield||9.19%|
|200-day MA||$31.82||Market Cap||19.43B|
WBA Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
WBA POWR Grades
- Growth is the dimension where WBA ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 97.63% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for WBA is in Growth, which has been heading up over the past 177 days.
- WBA ranks lowest in Momentum; there it ranks in the 4th percentile.
WBA Stock Summary
- The capital turnover (annual revenue relative to shareholder's equity) for WBA is 6.46 -- better than 93.66% of US stocks.
- Of note is the ratio of WALGREENS BOOTS ALLIANCE INC's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 97.63% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- With a price/sales ratio of 0.13, WALGREENS BOOTS ALLIANCE INC has a higher such ratio than merely 3.75% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to WALGREENS BOOTS ALLIANCE INC are BLDR, DLTR, ULTA, BBY, and POOL.
- WBA's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit WALGREENS BOOTS ALLIANCE INC's official web site, go to www.walgreensbootsalliance.com.
WBA Valuation Summary
- WBA's price/sales ratio is 0.1; this is 88.89% lower than that of the median Consumer Defensive stock.
- WBA's price/sales ratio has moved down 0.9 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for WBA.
WBA Growth Metrics
- Its 2 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 138.26%.
- The 5 year revenue growth rate now stands at 19.49%.
- Its 3 year price growth rate is now at -19.13%.
The table below shows WBA's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
WBA's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- WBA has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 65.52% of graded US stocks.
- WBA's asset turnover comes in at 1.5 -- ranking 77th of 165 Retail stocks.
- NGVC, BNED, and KAR are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with WBA.
The table below shows WBA's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
Walgreens Boots Alliance Inc. (WBA) Company Bio
Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc. is an Anglo-Swiss-American holding company headquartered in Deerfield, Illinois that owns the retail pharmacy chains Walgreens and Boots, as well as several pharmaceutical manufacturing and distribution companies. The company was formed on December 31, 2014, after Walgreens purchased the 55% stake in Alliance Boots that it did not already own. The total price of the acquisition was $4.9 billion in cash and 144.3 million common shares with fair value of $10.7 billion. Walgreens had previously purchased 45% of the company for $4.0 billion and 83.4 million common shares in August 2012 with an option to purchase the remaining shares within three years. Walgreens became a subsidiary of the newly created company after the transactions were completed.As of 2021, Walgreens Boots Alliance is ranked #16 on the Fortune 500 rankings of the largest United States corporations by total revenue. (Source:Wikipeda)
WBA Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
WBA Latest Social Stream
View Full WBA Social Stream
Latest WBA News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about WALGREENS BOOTS ALLIANCE INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate WBA as an investment opportunity.
These retail stocks are oversold at current prices, meaning investing now could lead to stellar returns over the long-run.
Amgen was the best-performing stock in the Dow Jones Industrial Average in the third quarter, while Zions Bancorp, up 30%, was the top stock in the S&P 500.
The S&P 500 finished 0.3% lower on Friday, Sept. 29, 2023, amid concerns about a potential U.S. government shutdown this weekend.
Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) shares are trading higher on a Bloomberg report that the pharmacy retailer is considering former Cigna executive Tim Wentworth for CEO. Walgreens announced the surprising departure of CEO Rosalind Brewer earlier this month. Analysts at Raymond James upgraded Trimble (TRMBL) shares to "outperform" after the company announced it was selling $2 billion worth of tech assets to AGCO (AGCO). AGCO CEO Eric Hanostia told Yahoo Finance Live that the deal will help build its "mixed-fleet" opportunity. Carnival (CCL) shares traded lower after reporting third quarter results that topped analyst estimates, but fourth quarter guidance disappointed. For more expert insight and the latest market action, click here to watch this full episode of Yahoo Finance Live.
Dow Jones Reverses Lower On Government Shutdown Worries: Oil And Gas Stocks Slammed, But Nike, Walgreens Shine
The Dow Jones reversed sharply lower after trying to reclaim its 200-day line. The 10-year yield and U.S. dollar pared early losses.
WBA Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching WBAWant to do more research on Walgreens Boots Alliance Inc's stock and its price? Try the links below:
Walgreens Boots Alliance Inc (WBA) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Walgreens Boots Alliance Inc (WBA) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Walgreens Boots Alliance Inc (WBA) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch