Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc. (WBA): Price and Financial Metrics
WBA Stock Summary
- Walgreens Boots Alliance Inc's market capitalization of $46,720,518,293 is ahead of 94.7% of US-listed equities.
- The capital turnover (annual revenue relative to shareholder's equity) for WBA is 6.56 -- better than 94.77% of US stocks.
- Of note is the ratio of Walgreens Boots Alliance Inc's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 97.67% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Walgreens Boots Alliance Inc are DG, RELX, TRI, TME, and CRH.
- Visit WBA's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.walgreensbootsalliance.com.
WBA Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
WBA Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$53.05||52-week high||$57.05|
|Prev. close||$52.58||52-week low||$33.36|
|Day high||$53.26||Avg. volume||6,286,699|
|50-day MA||$51.77||Dividend yield||3.56%|
|200-day MA||$43.27||Market Cap||45.86B|
Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc. (WBA) Company Bio
Walgreens Boots Alliance operates a network of drugstores in the United States. It provides consumer goods and services, pharmacy, and health and wellness services through drugstores, as well as through mail, and by telephone and online. The company was founded in 1901 and is based in Deerfield, Illinois.
WBA Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
Below please find a table outlining a discounted cash flow forecast for WBA, in which we model out valuation assuming a variety of terminal growth rates. To summarize, we found that Walgreens Boots Alliance Inc ranked in the 26th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Our DCF analysis suggests the stock is overvalued by about 71.17%. The most interesting components of our discounted cash flow analysis for Walgreens Boots Alliance Inc ended up being:
- The company's balance sheet shows it gets 54% of its capital from equity, and 46% of its capital from debt. Notably, its equity weight is greater than only 11.12% of US equities in the Consumer Defensive sector yielding a positive free cash flow.
- The company's compound free cash flow growth rate over the past 5.73 years comes in at -0.01%; that's greater than only 22.21% of US stocks we're applying DCF forecasting to.
- Walgreens Boots Alliance Inc's effective tax rate, as measured by taxes paid relative to net income, is at 0 -- greater than only 0% of US stocks with positive free cash flow.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
WBA Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
WBA Latest Social Stream
View Full WBA Social Stream
Latest WBA News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Walgreens Boots Alliance Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate WBA as an investment opportunity.
Abbott has started shipping its BinaxNOW Covid-19 AG Self-Test kits across the country. Consumers can place orders online or purchase from retail stores in the next few days as nationwide availability is scheduled for the coming two weeks. The over-the-counter (OTC) self-test kit will come in 2-count packs priced at $23.99. Once it hits the market, it will be the most affordable OTC COVID-19 rapid test. Abbott (ABT) is the only manufacturer in the U.S. with emergency authorization to sell self-test kits for COVID-19. CVS Health (CVS), Walgreens (WBA), and Walmart (WMT) are some of the retailers that will carry the kit at the start.
Walgreens' (WBA) recent deal with Abbott is part of its ongoing efforts to offer greater testing access, helping reduce the spread of COVID-19 and improve the health of communities.
CVS Health Corp said on Monday it would offer three over-the-counter COVID-19 tests at its drugstores as well as online starting this week, expanding access to home testing in the United States. CVS said it was offering tests from Australian diagnostic test maker Ellume, Abbott Laboratories and LabCorp that do not require a prescription and can be used by individuals with or without symptoms. Abbott's BinaxNOW antigen self-test, which received U.S. regulatory nod last month, and LabCorp's test kits would be available at some pharmacy stores and online, CVS said.
Walgreens Makes Abbott’s BinaxNOW™ COVID-19 Self Test Available Over-The-Counter at Stores Nationwide
Beginning this week, Walgreens will sell Abbott's BinaxNOW™ Rapid Antigen Self Test over-the-counter in Walgreens stores nationwide.
When constructing retirement portfolios, investors ought to consider these 10 foundational stocks.
WBA Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching WBAWant to do more research on Walgreens Boots Alliance Inc's stock and its price? Try the links below:
Walgreens Boots Alliance Inc (WBA) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Walgreens Boots Alliance Inc (WBA) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Walgreens Boots Alliance Inc (WBA) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch