Waste Connections Inc. (WCN): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
WCN POWR Grades
- Stability is the dimension where WCN ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 86.13% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for WCN is in Stability, which has been heading down over the past 177 days.
- WCN's current lowest rank is in the Value metric (where it is better than 14.79% of US stocks).
WCN Stock Summary
- With a market capitalization of $33,626,504,238, WASTE CONNECTIONS INC has a greater market value than 92.98% of US stocks.
- With a price/earnings ratio of 41.64, WASTE CONNECTIONS INC P/E ratio is greater than that of about 84.37% of stocks in our set with positive earnings.
- The volatility of WASTE CONNECTIONS INC's share price is greater than that of just 7.88% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to WCN, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are RSG, ICLR, FWONA, WBD, and CBOE.
- Visit WCN's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.wasteconnections.com.
WCN Valuation Summary
- WCN's price/sales ratio is 4.8; this is 269.23% higher than that of the median Industrials stock.
- Over the past 243 months, WCN's price/sales ratio has gone up 2.8.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for WCN.
WCN Growth Metrics
- Its year over year price growth rate is now at 10.6%.
- Its 2 year price growth rate is now at 42.6%.
- Its 4 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 378.34%.
The table below shows WCN's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
WCN's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- WCN has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 77.22% of graded US stocks.
- WCN's asset turnover comes in at 0.42 -- ranking 13th of 14 Almost Nothing stocks.
- CLH, CVA, and AES are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with WCN.
The table below shows WCN's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
WCN Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
WCN Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$130.74||52-week high||$148.20|
|Prev. close||$131.71||52-week low||$113.50|
|Day high||$132.40||Avg. volume||1,001,865|
|50-day MA||$135.70||Dividend yield||0.78%|
|200-day MA||$133.50||Market Cap||33.63B|
Waste Connections Inc. (WCN) Company Bio
Waste Connections is a North American integrated waste services company that provides waste collection, transfer, disposal and recycling services, primarily of solid waste. It has operations in both the United States and Canada. Its headquarters is located in The Woodlands, Texas. It is the third largest waste management company in North America. Near the end of 2018, the company removed "Inc." from its corporate name. The company is now known simply as "Waste Connections". (Source:Wikipedia)
Most Popular Stories View All
WCN Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
WCN Latest Social Stream
View Full WCN Social Stream
Latest WCN News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about WASTE CONNECTIONS INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate WCN as an investment opportunity.
For beginners, it can seem like a good idea (and an exciting prospect) to buy a company that tells a good story to...
S&P Dow Jones Indices announces the following index changes as a result of the annual S&P/TSX Canadian Dividend Aristocrats Index review. These changes will be effective prior to the open of trading on Wednesday, February 1, 2023.
Waste Connections, Inc. (NYSE:WCN) Stock's Been Sliding But Fundamentals Look Decent: Will The Market Correct The Share Price In The Future?
With its stock down 2.7% over the past month, it is easy to disregard Waste Connections (NYSE:WCN). But if you pay...
If you're not sure where to start when looking for the next multi-bagger, there are a few key trends you should keep an...
The total return for Waste Connections (NYSE:WCN) investors has risen faster than earnings growth over the last five years
Generally speaking the aim of active stock picking is to find companies that provide returns that are superior to the...
WCN Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|