Waste Connections Inc. (WCN): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
WCN POWR Grades
- Stability is the dimension where WCN ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 93.45% of US stocks.
- WCN's strongest trending metric is Growth; it's been moving up over the last 177 days.
- WCN ranks lowest in Value; there it ranks in the 16th percentile.
WCN Stock Summary
- With a market capitalization of $35,858,792,284, WASTE CONNECTIONS INC has a greater market value than 94.18% of US stocks.
- With a one year PEG ratio of 612.69, WASTE CONNECTIONS INC is expected to have a higher PEG ratio (a measure of how expensive a stock is relative to its expected earnings growth) than 96.24% of US stocks.
- WCN's current price/earnings ratio is 52.34, which is higher than 91.33% of US stocks with positive earnings.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to WASTE CONNECTIONS INC, a group of peers worth examining would be RSG, PSX, MPC, LVS, and TRV.
- WCN's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit WASTE CONNECTIONS INC's official web site, go to www.wasteconnections.com.
WCN Valuation Summary
- WCN's price/earnings ratio is 52.5; this is 211.57% higher than that of the median Industrials stock.
- Over the past 243 months, WCN's price/sales ratio has gone up 3.1.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for WCN.
WCN Growth Metrics
- The 2 year revenue growth rate now stands at 16.47%.
- The 4 year price growth rate now stands at 83.37%.
- Its 4 year revenue growth rate is now at 92.24%.
The table below shows WCN's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
WCN's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- WCN has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 77.22% of graded US stocks.
- WCN's asset turnover comes in at 0.42 -- ranking 13th of 14 Almost Nothing stocks.
- CLH, CVA, and AES are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with WCN.
The table below shows WCN's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
WCN Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
WCN Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$141.46||52-week high||$148.20|
|Prev. close||$138.02||52-week low||$113.50|
|Day high||$143.37||Avg. volume||1,067,234|
|50-day MA||$140.09||Dividend yield||0.67%|
|200-day MA||$131.58||Market Cap||36.38B|
Waste Connections Inc. (WCN) Company Bio
New Waste Connections is an integrated solid waste services company that provides waste collection, transfer, disposal and recycling services in mostly exclusive and secondary markets. The Company is also a leading provider of non-hazardous oilfield waste treatment, recovery and disposal services in several of the most active natural resource producing areas in the United States, including the Permian, Bakken and Eagle Ford Basins. The company was founded in 1997 and is based in The Woodlands, Texas.
Most Popular Stories View All
WCN Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
WCN Latest Social Stream
View Full WCN Social Stream
Latest WCN News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about WASTE CONNECTIONS INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate WCN as an investment opportunity.
WASTE CONNECTIONS ANNOUNCES DATES FOR THIRD QUARTER 2022 EARNINGS RELEASE AND UPCOMING MANAGEMENT PRESENTATION
Waste Connections, Inc. (TSX/NYSE: WCN) ("Waste Connections" or the "Company") today announced that it will report financial results for the third quarter of 2022 after the close of the stock market on November 2, 2022. The Company will be hosting an investor conference call related to this release on November 3rd at 8:30 A.M. Eastern Time.
Morgan Stanley analyst Toni Kaplan maintained a Buy rating on Waste Connections (WCN - Research Report) today and set a price target of $163.00. The company's shares opened today at $140.58.Kaplan covers the Services sector, focusing on stocks such as Bright Horizons, Equifax, and Republic Services. According to TipRanks, Kaplan has an average return of 0.2% and a 51.13% success rate on recommended stocks. Currently, the analyst consensus on Waste Connections is a Strong Buy with an average price target of $150.80.See today’s best-performing stocks on TipRanks >>The company has a one-year high of $148.20 and a one-year low of $113.32. Currently, Waste Connections has an average volume of 863.2K.
Waste Connections (WCN) is benefiting from acquisitions, operating efficiency and an increase in prices charged to customers.
Does the September share price for Waste Connections, Inc. ( NYSE:WCN ) reflect what it's really worth? Today, we will...
The Nasdaq extended its losing streak Tuesday, with the Apple iPhone 14 on tap. Enphase Energy leads 5 relative winners.
WCN Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|