Waste Connections Inc. (WCN): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
WCN POWR Grades
- WCN scores best on the Sentiment dimension, with a Sentiment rank ahead of 95.68% of US stocks.
- WCN's strongest trending metric is Stability; it's been moving down over the last 179 days.
- WCN's current lowest rank is in the Value metric (where it is better than 25.83% of US stocks).
WCN Stock Summary
- WCN has a market capitalization of $35,596,815,930 -- more than approximately 92.32% of US stocks.
- WCN's current price/earnings ratio is 57.6, which is higher than 87.42% of US stocks with positive earnings.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, WCN is more volatile than only 5.55% of stocks we're observing.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Waste Connections Inc, a group of peers worth examining would be NDAQ, RSG, DLR, IQV, and MOS.
- Visit WCN's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.wasteconnections.com.
WCN Valuation Summary
- WCN's EV/EBIT ratio is 39.6; this is 85.05% higher than that of the median Industrials stock.
- Over the past 243 months, WCN's price/sales ratio has gone up 3.3.
- WCN's EV/EBIT ratio has moved up 23.2 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for WCN.
WCN Growth Metrics
- Its 4 year revenue growth rate is now at 158.55%.
- The 3 year revenue growth rate now stands at 136.49%.
- Its year over year revenue growth rate is now at -0.13%.
The table below shows WCN's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
WCN's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- WCN has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 77.22% of graded US stocks.
- WCN's asset turnover comes in at 0.42 -- ranking 13th of 14 Almost Nothing stocks.
- CLH, CVA, and AES are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with WCN.
The table below shows WCN's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
WCN Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
WCN Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$128.49||52-week high||$145.62|
|Prev. close||$126.35||52-week low||$115.75|
|Day high||$128.57||Avg. volume||1,229,190|
|50-day MA||$133.98||Dividend yield||0.72%|
|200-day MA||$130.80||Market Cap||33.04B|
Waste Connections Inc. (WCN) Company Bio
New Waste Connections is an integrated solid waste services company that provides waste collection, transfer, disposal and recycling services in mostly exclusive and secondary markets. The Company is also a leading provider of non-hazardous oilfield waste treatment, recovery and disposal services in several of the most active natural resource producing areas in the United States, including the Permian, Bakken and Eagle Ford Basins. The company was founded in 1997 and is based in The Woodlands, Texas.
Most Popular Stories View All
WCN Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
WCN Latest Social Stream
View Full WCN Social Stream
Latest WCN News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Waste Connections Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate WCN as an investment opportunity.
No summary available.
Waste Connections, Inc. (WCN) Q4 2021 Earnings Conference Call February 17, 2022 08:30 ET Company Participants Worthing Jackman - President and Chief Executive Officer Mary Anne Whitney - Chief Financial Officer Conference Call Participants Walter Spracklin - RBC Capital Markets Hamzah Mazari - Jefferies Tyler Brown - Raymond James Jerry...
Waste Connections' (WCN) fourth-quarter 2021 earnings and revenues increase year over year.
Fourth Quarter Highlights Strong price-led organic growth and acquisition activity, along with continuing underlying margin expansion, drives Q4 results above expectations and provides higher entry point into 2022 Revenue of $1.624 billion, net income(a) of $166.3 million, and adjusted…
Waste Connections (WCN) declares $0.23/share quarterly dividend, in line with previous.
WCN Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|