Waste Connections Inc. (WCN): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
WCN Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$137.50||52-week high||$148.20|
|Prev. close||$138.45||52-week low||$113.50|
|Day high||$138.62||Avg. volume||908,707|
|50-day MA||$139.48||Dividend yield||0.74%|
|200-day MA||$137.10||Market Cap||35.41B|
WCN Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
WCN POWR Grades
- WCN scores best on the Stability dimension, with a Stability rank ahead of 91.55% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for WCN is in Stability, which has been heading up over the past 179 days.
- WCN ranks lowest in Value; there it ranks in the 15th percentile.
WCN Stock Summary
- WCN has a higher market value than 93.59% of US stocks; more precisely, its current market capitalization is $35,329,030,866.
- WCN's current price/earnings ratio is 41.41, which is higher than 84.87% of US stocks with positive earnings.
- The volatility of WASTE CONNECTIONS INC's share price is greater than that of merely 0.5% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to WASTE CONNECTIONS INC are RSG, WBD, FWONA, MPC, and TRV.
- WCN's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit WASTE CONNECTIONS INC's official web site, go to www.wasteconnections.com.
WCN Valuation Summary
- WCN's price/sales ratio is 4.8; this is 336.36% higher than that of the median Industrials stock.
- WCN's price/earnings ratio has moved up 26 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for WCN.
WCN Growth Metrics
- Its 4 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 378.34%.
- The 4 year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at 169.77%.
- Its 2 year revenue growth rate is now at 16.47%.
The table below shows WCN's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
WCN's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- WCN has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 77.22% of graded US stocks.
- WCN's asset turnover comes in at 0.42 -- ranking 13th of 14 Almost Nothing stocks.
- CLH, CVA, and AES are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with WCN.
The table below shows WCN's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
WCN Price Target
For more insight on analysts targets of WCN, see our WCN price target page. And for a list of of all stocks sorted by upside potential based on analyst target price, see our Top Price Target page.
|Average Price Target||$139.48||Average Broker Recommendation||1.37 (Strong Buy)|
Waste Connections Inc. (WCN) Company Bio
Waste Connections is a North American integrated waste services company that provides waste collection, transfer, disposal and recycling services, primarily of solid waste. It has operations in both the United States and Canada. Its headquarters is located in The Woodlands, Texas. It is the third largest waste management company in North America. Near the end of 2018, the company removed "Inc." from its corporate name. The company is now known simply as "Waste Connections". (Source:Wikipedia)
Most Popular Stories View All
WCN Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
WCN Latest Social Stream
View Full WCN Social Stream
Latest WCN News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about WASTE CONNECTIONS INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate WCN as an investment opportunity.
WASTE CONNECTIONS ANNOUNCES RESULTS FROM ANNUAL SHAREHOLDERS MEETING
Waste Connections, Inc. (TSX/NYSE: WCN) ("Waste Connections" or the "Company") today announced that all of the nominees listed in the Company's 2023 management information circular and proxy statement (the "proxy statement") for the annual meeting of shareholders held on May 19, 2023 (the "Meeting"), and nominated at the Meeting, were elected as directors of the Company. Each director will serve until the next annual meeting of shareholders or until his or her successor is duly elected or appoin
Why Investors Should Retain Waste Connections (WCN) Stock Now
Waste Connections (WCN) has a steady dividend as well as a share repurchase policy.
Possible Bearish Signals With Waste Connections Insiders Disposing Stock \
In the last year, many Waste Connections, Inc. ( NYSE:WCN ) insiders sold a substantial stake in the company which may...
Is Waste Connections (NYSE:WCN) A Risky Investment?
Howard Marks put it nicely when he said that, rather than worrying about share price volatility, 'The possibility of...
Gabelli Funds to Host 9th Annual Waste & Sustainability Symposium at the Harvard Club, New York, NY
RYE, N.Y., May 09, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Gabelli Funds, LLC, is hosting our 9th Annual Waste Management Symposium at The Harvard Club in New York, NY on May 11th. The conference will draw companies with a focus on the themes of waste, water treatment, and the environment. Attendees will also have the opportunity to meet with management in a one-on-one setting. Agenda 7:50 Gabelli Waste & Sustainability Team Tony Bancroft & Hanna Howard 8:00 Clean Energy Fuels (NASDAQ: CLNE) Andrew Littlefair,
WCN Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching WCNWant to do more research on Waste Connections Inc's stock and its price? Try the links below:
Waste Connections Inc (WCN) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Waste Connections Inc (WCN) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Waste Connections Inc (WCN) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch
Loading social stream, please wait...