West Fraser Timber Co. Ltd. (WFG): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
WFG POWR Grades
- WFG scores best on the Quality dimension, with a Quality rank ahead of 87.56% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for WFG is in Quality, which has been heading down over the past 179 days.
- WFG's current lowest rank is in the Growth metric (where it is better than 15.08% of US stocks).
WFG Stock Summary
- West Fraser Timber Co Ltd's stock had its IPO on February 1, 2021, making it an older stock than merely 0.76% of US equities in our set.
- With a price/earnings ratio of 3.06, West Fraser Timber Co Ltd P/E ratio is greater than that of about only 2.24% of stocks in our set with positive earnings.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of -58.93%, West Fraser Timber Co Ltd's debt growth rate surpasses only 5.65% of about US stocks.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to West Fraser Timber Co Ltd are PNRG, DMLP, DLPN, CBRL, and AIZ.
- WFG's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit West Fraser Timber Co Ltd's official web site, go to www.westfraser.com.
WFG Valuation Summary
- WFG's price/earnings ratio is 12.8; this is 35.68% lower than that of the median Basic Materials stock.
- WFG's EV/EBIT ratio has moved up 1.5 over the prior 31 weeks.
- WFG's price/earnings ratio has moved up 2.2 over the prior 31 weeks.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for WFG.
WFG Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
WFG Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$75.10||52-week high||$102.61|
|Prev. close||$76.73||52-week low||$64.72|
|Day high||$77.85||Avg. volume||364,656|
|50-day MA||$86.22||Dividend yield||1.6%|
|200-day MA||$87.79||Market Cap||7.46B|
West Fraser Timber Co. Ltd. (WFG) Company Bio
West Fraser Timber Co. Ltd. is an integrated wood products company. It focuses on producing oriented strand board(OSB), laminated veneer lumber (LVL), medium density fibreboard (MDF), plywood, pulp, newsprint, wood chips, other residuals and energy with facilities in western Canada and the southern United States. The firm operates through the following segments: Lumber, Panels, Pulp and Paper, and Corporate and Other. The company’s product portfolio includes Lumber and OSB. West Fraser Timber was founded by Henry Holman Ketcham Jr., Samuel Kendall Ketcham, and William Peters Ketcham in 1955 and is headquartered in Vancouver, Canada.
Most Popular Stories View All
WFG Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
WFG Latest Social Stream
View Full WFG Social Stream
Latest WFG News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about West Fraser Timber Co Ltd that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate WFG as an investment opportunity.
Analysts’ Opinions Are Mixed on These Materials Stocks: The Andersons (ANDE), TRONOX (TROX) and West Fraser Timber Co (WFG)
Companies in the Materials sector have received a lot of coverage today as analysts weigh in on The Andersons (ANDE – Research Report), TRONOX (TROX – Research Report) and West Fraser Timber Co (WFG – Research Report). The Andersons (ANDE) In a report released today, Kenneth Zaslow from BMO Capital maintained a Hold rating on The Andersons, with a price target of $40.00. The company's shares closed last Thursday at $38.34. According to TipRanks.com, Zaslow is a 5-star analyst with an average return of > TRONOX (TROX) BMO Capital analyst John McNulty maintained a Buy rating on TRONOX today and set a price target of $36.00.
No summary available.
West Fraser Timber Co. Ltd. ("West Fraser" or the "Company") (TSX and NYSE: WFG) announced today that the Toronto Stock Exchange ("TSX") has accepted West Fraser's notice to renew its normal course issuer bid ("NCIB"). Under the renewed NCIB, West Fraser will be entitled to purchase up to 10,194,000 Common shares ("Shares") of the Company, representing approximately 10% of the public float as at February 14, 2022. The NCIB will commence on February 23, 2022.
Analysts Offer Insights on Materials Companies: West Fraser Timber Co (WFG) and First Quantum Minerals (OtherFQVLF)
There's a lot to be optimistic about in the Materials sector as 2 analysts just weighed in on West Fraser Timber Co (WFG – Research Report) and First Quantum Minerals (FQVLF – Research Report) with bullish sentiments. West Fraser Timber Co (WFG) Raymond James analyst Daryl Swetlishoff maintained a Buy rating on West Fraser Timber Co today and set a price target of C$180.00. The company's shares closed last Wednesday at $99.23, close to its 52-week high of $101.83. According to TipRanks.
West Fraser Timber Co (TSE: WFG) (NYSE: WFG) posted lower sequential revenues and profits in Q4 2021 and failed to beat analysts' estimates. The Vancouver-based forestry company's addition of Norbord during the COVID-19 pandemic contributed to earnings. Sales & Earnings Sales came in at $2.038 billion in Q4 2021, down from $2.358 billion in Q3 2021. West Fraser earned $334 million ($3.13 per diluted share) for the three months ended December 31, down from $460 million ($4.20 per diluted share) in the prior quarter. The company was expected to earn $3.59 per share on revenue of $2.08 billion, according to data firm Refinitiv.
WFG Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|