West Fraser Timber Co. Ltd. (WFG): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
WFG Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$71.37||52-week high||$102.96|
|Prev. close||$71.42||52-week low||$67.45|
|Day high||$72.30||Avg. volume||135,849|
|50-day MA||$73.41||Dividend yield||1.68%|
|200-day MA||$77.60||Market Cap||5.80B|
WFG Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
WFG POWR Grades
- WFG scores best on the Quality dimension, with a Quality rank ahead of 84.38% of US stocks.
- WFG's strongest trending metric is Momentum; it's been moving down over the last 179 days.
- WFG ranks lowest in Growth; there it ranks in the 0th percentile.
WFG Stock Summary
- WEST FRASER TIMBER CO LTD's stock had its IPO on February 1, 2021, making it an older stock than merely 9.62% of US equities in our set.
- As for revenue growth, note that WFG's revenue has grown -27.18% over the past 12 months; that beats the revenue growth of only 8.45% of US companies in our set.
- WEST FRASER TIMBER CO LTD's shareholder yield -- a measure of how much capital is returned to stockholders via dividends and buybacks -- is 31.83%, greater than the shareholder yield of 94.28% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to WFG, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are DMLP, HEXO, VS, X, and CRC.
- Visit WFG's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.westfraser.com.
WFG Valuation Summary
- WFG's EV/EBIT ratio is 5.5; this is 50.67% lower than that of the median Basic Materials stock.
- Over the past 28 months, WFG's price/earnings ratio has gone down 6.5.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for WFG.
WFG Price Target
For more insight on analysts targets of WFG, see our WFG price target page. And for a list of of all stocks sorted by upside potential based on analyst target price, see our Top Price Target page.
|Average Price Target||$106.00||Average Broker Recommendation||1.25 (Strong Buy)|
West Fraser Timber Co. Ltd. (WFG) Company Bio
West Fraser Timber Co. Ltd. is an integrated wood products company. It focuses on producing oriented strand board(OSB), laminated veneer lumber (LVL), medium density fibreboard (MDF), plywood, pulp, newsprint, wood chips, other residuals and energy with facilities in western Canada and the southern United States. The firm operates through the following segments: Lumber, Panels, Pulp and Paper, and Corporate and Other. The company’s product portfolio includes Lumber and OSB. West Fraser Timber was founded by Henry Holman Ketcham Jr., Samuel Kendall Ketcham, and William Peters Ketcham in 1955 and is headquartered in Vancouver, Canada.
Most Popular Stories View All
WFG Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
WFG Latest Social Stream
View Full WFG Social Stream
Latest WFG News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about WEST FRASER TIMBER CO LTD that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate WFG as an investment opportunity.
WEST FRASER ANNOUNCES FIRST QUARTER 2023 RESULTS
West Fraser Timber Co. Ltd. ("West Fraser" or the "Company") (TSX and NYSE: WFG) reported today the first quarter results of 2023 ("Q1-23"). All dollar amounts in this news release are expressed in U.S. dollars unless noted otherwise.
7 Value Stocks to Buy Now for Bargain Prices
Although value stocks to buy tend to be bargains based on fundamental metrics, these ideas are also cheap on paper.
WEST FRASER ANNOUNCES VOTING RESULTS OF THE ANNUAL SHAREHOLDERS MEETING
West Fraser Timber Co. Ltd. ("West Fraser" or the "Company") (TSX and NYSE: WFG) announced the voting results from its Annual General and Special Meeting held on Tuesday, April 18, 2023 in Quesnel, BC.
SBTi VALIDATES WEST FRASER'S SCIENCE-BASED EMISSIONS REDUCTION TARGETS
West Fraser Timber Co. Ltd. ("West Fraser" or the "Company") (TSX and NYSE: WFG) announced today that the Science Based Targets initiative (SBTi) has validated its scope 1, 2 and 3 emissions reduction targets. This validation further supports West Fraser's plan to achieve near-term greenhouse gas ("GHG") reductions across all its operations located in the United States, Canada, United Kingdom and Europe.
NOTICE OF FIRST QUARTER RESULTS CONFERENCE CALL
West Fraser Timber Co. Ltd. ("West Fraser" or the "Company") (TSX and NYSE: WFG) will hold an analysts' conference call to discuss first quarter 2023 financial and operating results on Wednesday, April 26, 2023 at 8:30 a.m. Pacific Time/11:30 a.m. Eastern Time.
WFG Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Loading social stream, please wait...