Western Asset Mortgage Capital Corporation (WMC): Price and Financial Metrics
WMC Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$9.03||52-week high||$11.90|
|Prev. close||$9.40||52-week low||$7.00|
|Day high||$9.42||Avg. volume||30,183|
|50-day MA||$10.14||Dividend yield||14.36%|
|200-day MA||$9.45||Market Cap||54.52M|
WMC Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
WMC POWR Grades
- WMC scores best on the Sentiment dimension, with a Sentiment rank ahead of 92.38% of US stocks.
- WMC's strongest trending metric is Growth; it's been moving down over the last 107 days.
- WMC's current lowest rank is in the Stability metric (where it is better than 37.02% of US stocks).
WMC Stock Summary
- The ratio of debt to operating expenses for WESTERN ASSET MORTGAGE CAPITAL CORP is higher than it is for about 99.19% of US stocks.
- Equity multiplier, or assets relative to shareholders' equity, comes in at 25.63 for WESTERN ASSET MORTGAGE CAPITAL CORP; that's greater than it is for 98.09% of US stocks.
- WESTERN ASSET MORTGAGE CAPITAL CORP's shareholder yield -- a measure of how much capital is returned to stockholders via dividends and buybacks -- is 389.24%, greater than the shareholder yield of 99.26% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to WESTERN ASSET MORTGAGE CAPITAL CORP are EFC, BLX, CIM, MITT, and NAVI.
- Visit WMC's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.westernassetmcc.com.
WMC Valuation Summary
- WMC's price/sales ratio is -4.1; this is 472.73% lower than that of the median Real Estate stock.
- Over the past 135 months, WMC's price/sales ratio has gone NA NA.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for WMC.
WMC Growth Metrics
- Its 3 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at -354.21%.
- Its year over year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at -100.99%.
- Its year over year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at -12.9%.
The table below shows WMC's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
WMC's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- WMC has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 76.49% of graded US stocks.
- WMC's asset turnover comes in at 0.018 -- ranking 334th of 443 Trading stocks.
- MFA, GPMT, and IMH are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with WMC.
The table below shows WMC's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
Western Asset Mortgage Capital Corporation (WMC) Company Bio
Western Asset Mortgage Capital Corporation operates as a real estate investment trust in the United States. It primarily focuses on investing in, financing, and managing agency and non-agency residential mortgage-backed securities and commercial mortgage-backed securities. The company was founded in 2009 and is based in Pasadena, California.
WMC Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
WMC Latest Social Stream
View Full WMC Social Stream
Latest WMC News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about WESTERN ASSET MORTGAGE CAPITAL CORP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate WMC as an investment opportunity.
Terra Property Trust Issues Statement Regarding Terminated Transaction with Western Asset Mortgage Capital Corporation
NEW YORK, August 09, 2023--Terra Property Trust, Inc. ("TPT" or "we") today issued the below statement regarding its terminated merger agreement with Western Asset Mortgage Capital Corporation (NYSE: WMC) ("WMC").
AG Mortgage Investment Trust and Western Asset Mortgage Capital Corporation Announce Definitive Merger Agreement
NEW YORK, August 08, 2023--AG Mortgage Investment Trust, Inc. (NYSE: MITT) ("MITT"), a publicly traded residential mortgage REIT managed by AG REIT Management, LLC, an affiliate of Angelo, Gordon & Co., L.P. ("Angelo Gordon"), a leading $73 billion alternative investment firm, and Western Asset Mortgage Capital Corporation (NYSE: WMC) ("WMC"), today announced that they have entered into a definitive merger agreement, pursuant to which MITT will acquire WMC in a fixed exchange ratio stock/cash tr
PASADENA, Calif., August 08, 2023--Western Asset Mortgage Capital Corporation (the "Company," "we," or "WMC") (NYSE: WMC) today reported its results for the second quarter ended June 30, 2023.
Terra Property Trust Delivers Enhanced Merger Proposal to Western Asset Mortgage Capital Corporation
NEW YORK, August 03, 2023--Terra Property Trust, Inc. today released the below letter sent to the Board of Directors of Western Asset Mortgage Capital Corporation (NYSE: WMC).
Western Asset Mortgage Capital Corporation Board Determines AG Mortgage Investment Trust, Inc. Proposal Is Superior to Terra Property Trust, Inc. Merger Agreement
PASADENA, Calif., July 28, 2023--Western Asset Mortgage Capital Corporation (NYSE: WMC) ("WMC") today announced that WMC’s board of directors has determined in good faith, after consultation with its financial advisors and outside legal counsel, that the unsolicited proposal from AG Mortgage Investment Trust, Inc. (NYSE: MITT) ("MITT") to acquire WMC is a "Parent Superior Proposal" within the meaning of WMC’s merger agreement with Terra Property Trust, Inc. ("TPT").
WMC Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching WMCWant to see what other sources are saying about Western Asset Mortgage Capital Corp's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
Western Asset Mortgage Capital Corp (WMC) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Western Asset Mortgage Capital Corp (WMC) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Western Asset Mortgage Capital Corp (WMC) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch