Warner Music Group Corp. (WMG): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
WMG POWR Grades
- WMG scores best on the Sentiment dimension, with a Sentiment rank ahead of 93.91% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for WMG is in Momentum, which has been heading up over the past 31 weeks.
- WMG's current lowest rank is in the Value metric (where it is better than 13.94% of US stocks).
WMG Stock Summary
- Warner Music Group Corp's capital turnover -- a measure of revenue relative to shareholder's equity -- is better than 99.79% of US listed stocks.
- WMG's went public 1.15 years ago, making it older than merely 0.93% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- Equity multiplier, or assets relative to shareholders' equity, comes in at -940.39 for Warner Music Group Corp; that's greater than it is for just 0% of US stocks.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to WMG, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are EVRI, ATUS, THC, IMTE, and JAKK.
- Visit WMG's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.wmg.com.
WMG Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Consumer Cyclical stock, WMG's EV/EBIT ratio is 1833.16% lower, now standing at -324.1.
- WMG's price/earnings ratio has moved down 162.9 over the prior 14 months.
- Over the past 14 months, WMG's EV/EBIT ratio has gone down 420.5.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for WMG.
WMG Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
WMG Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$36.87||52-week high||$39.61|
|Prev. close||$37.00||52-week low||$25.61|
|Day high||$37.82||Avg. volume||778,669|
|50-day MA||$35.92||Dividend yield||1.27%|
|200-day MA||$34.63||Market Cap||18.97B|
Warner Music Group Corp. (WMG) Company Bio
Warner Music Group Corp. engages in the publishing and recording of music. It operates through the Recorded Music and Music Publishing segments. The Recorded Music segment involves in selling, marketing, distributing, and licensing of recorded music produced by the company's recording artists. The Music Publishing segment acts as a copyright owner and/or administrator of the musical compositions and generates revenues related to the exploitation of musical compositions. The company was founded on November 21, 2003 and is headquartered in New York, NY.
WMG Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
Below please find a table outlining a discounted cash flow forecast for WMG, in which we model out valuation assuming a variety of terminal growth rates. To summarize, we found that Warner Music Group Corp ranked in the 36th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. We should note, though, that all scenearios modelled for this stock suggest it is overvalued. In terms of the factors that were most noteworthy in this DCF analysis for WMG, they are:
- The company has produced more trailing twelve month cash flow than 73.14% of its sector Consumer Cyclical.
- Warner Music Group Corp's effective tax rate, as measured by taxes paid relative to net income, is at 232 -- greater than 99.33% of US stocks with positive free cash flow.
- Warner Music Group Corp's interest coverage rate -- a measure of gross earnings relative to interest payments -- comes in at -0.53. This coverage rate is greater than that of only 20.15% of stocks we're observing for the purpose of forecasting via discounted cash flows.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
WMG Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
WMG Latest Social Stream
View Full WMG Social Stream
Latest WMG News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Warner Music Group Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate WMG as an investment opportunity.
Bumble, SailPoint Technologies, and Warner Music Group are well-positioned to deliver over the long term.
Warner Music Group Corp. (WMG) doesn't possess the right combination of the two key ingredients for a likely earnings beat in its upcoming report. Get prepared with the key expectations.
MADRID, Spain and TORONTO, July 26, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- OverActive Media Corp. ("OverActive") (TSXV:OAM), announced today that its Spanish esports group, MAD Lions , and Warner Music Spain , part of leading record label Warner Music Group (NASDAQ:WMG) featuring artists such as Kidd Keo, Ed Sheeran and Myke Towers, are teaming up to enhance the fan experience across music, esports and video games.
(Bloomberg) -- Tencent Holdings Ltd. was ordered to give up exclusive music streaming rights and pay half a million yuan in fines, becoming the latest Chinese internet giant to be brought to heel by regulators.An official investigation found Tencent’s 2016 acquisition of China Music Corp.’s stakes violated regulations partly because of a lack of reporting to authorities, according to a statement by the anti-trust watchdog on Saturday. The State Administration for Market Regulation required Tence
NEW YORK, July 21, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Warner Music Group Corp. will release its financial results on Tuesday, August 3, 2021, for the third quarter ended June 30, 2021, and will hold an earnings conference call that morning at 8:30 a.m. ET.
WMG Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|