Warner Music Group Corp. (WMG): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
WMG POWR Grades
- WMG scores best on the Growth dimension, with a Growth rank ahead of 86.04% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for WMG is in Stability, which has been heading up over the past 179 days.
- WMG ranks lowest in Value; there it ranks in the 18th percentile.
WMG Stock Summary
- With a market capitalization of $14,868,848,159, WARNER MUSIC GROUP CORP has a greater market value than 87.42% of US stocks.
- The capital turnover (annual revenue relative to shareholder's equity) for WMG is 37.17 -- better than 99.42% of US stocks.
- WMG's equity multiplier -- a measure of assets relative to shareholders'equity -- is greater than that of 99.49% of US stocks.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to WMG, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are PRTY, COHN, BGI, NSP, and BTCY.
- WMG's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit WARNER MUSIC GROUP CORP's official web site, go to www.wmg.com.
WMG Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Consumer Cyclical stock, WMG's price/sales ratio is 212.5% higher, now standing at 2.5.
- Over the past 30 months, WMG's price/earnings ratio has gone down 69.1.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for WMG.
WMG's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- WMG has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 33.19% of graded US stocks.
- WMG's asset turnover comes in at 0.742 -- ranking 6th of 44 Entertainment stocks.
- NFLX, EVRI, and DIS are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with WMG.
The table below shows WMG's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
WMG Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
WMG Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$32.60||52-week high||$44.64|
|Prev. close||$32.19||52-week low||$21.57|
|Day high||$32.81||Avg. volume||1,376,372|
|50-day MA||$25.80||Dividend yield||1.96%|
|200-day MA||$29.45||Market Cap||16.78B|
Warner Music Group Corp. (WMG) Company Bio
Warner Music Group Corp. (d.b.a. Warner Music Group, commonly abbreviated as WMG) is an American multinational entertainment and record label conglomerate headquartered in New York City. It is one of the "big three" recording companies and the third-largest in the global music industry, after Universal Music Group (UMG) and Sony Music Entertainment (SME). Formerly part of Time Warner (now Warner Bros. Discovery), WMG was publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange from 2005 until 2011, when it announced its privatization and sale to Access Industries. It later had its second IPO on Nasdaq in 2020, once again becoming a public company. With a multibillion-dollar annual turnover, WMG employs more than 3,500 people and has operations in more than 50 countries throughout the world. (Source:Wikipedia)
Most Popular Stories View All
WMG Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
WMG Latest Social Stream
View Full WMG Social Stream
Latest WMG News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about WARNER MUSIC GROUP CORP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate WMG as an investment opportunity.
Warner Music's (WMG) fourth-quarter fiscal 2022 results benefit from robust growth across emerging streaming platforms.
Warner Music Group ( NASDAQ:WMG ) Full Year 2022 Results Key Financial Results Revenue: US$5.92b (up 12% from FY 2021...
Good morning, and welcome to Warner Music Group's fourth quarter earnings call for the period of fiscal year ended September 30, 2022. At the request of Warner Music Group, today's call is being recorded for replay purposes. On today's call, we have our CEO, Steve Cooper; and our CFO, Eric Levin, who will take you through our results, and then we will answer your questions.
Shares of Warner Music Group (NASDAQ: WMG) were moving higher today after the diversified global music entertainment company delivered strong results in its fourth-quarter earnings report. Warner Music, which owns record labels including Elektra, Reprise, and Atlantic, said revenue in Q4 increased 9%, or 16% in constant currency, to $1.5 billion, which topped expectations at $1.41 billion. Music streaming subscriptions continue to grow, fueling the company's performance and its scalable business model.
Warner Music Group Corp (NASDAQ: WMG) reported fourth-quarter FY22 revenue growth of 8.8% year-on-year to $1.497 billion, beating the consensus of $1.42 billion. Recorded Music revenue grew 6% Y/Y to $1.24 billion. Music Publishing increased 24% Y/Y to $254 million, and Digital grew 7% Y/Y to $989 billion. Adjusted OIBDA margin decreased 50 bps to 19.9% due to revenue mix and growth of lower-margin revenue streams. Adjusted EBITDA margin increased 190 bps to 17.7%. Adjusted net income was $170 m
WMG Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|