Wolfspeed Inc. (WOLF): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
WOLF POWR Grades
- WOLF scores best on the Growth dimension, with a Growth rank ahead of 88.48% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for WOLF is in Stability, which has been heading up over the past 177 days.
- WOLF's current lowest rank is in the Quality metric (where it is better than 1.82% of US stocks).
WOLF Stock Summary
- With a market capitalization of $13,628,765,341, WOLFSPEED INC has a greater market value than 87.65% of US stocks.
- WOLF's went public 29.65 years ago, making it older than 80.76% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- With a price/sales ratio of 18.26, WOLFSPEED INC has a higher such ratio than 93.82% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to WOLFSPEED INC are HQY, XPER, ZY, SMSI, and KNSA.
- WOLF's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit WOLFSPEED INC's official web site, go to www.cree.com.
WOLF Valuation Summary
- WOLF's price/sales ratio is 20; this is 669.23% higher than that of the median Technology stock.
- Over the past 243 months, WOLF's price/sales ratio has gone up 14.7.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for WOLF.
WOLF Growth Metrics
- Its 3 year revenue growth rate is now at -55.91%.
- Its 4 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 44.79%.
- Its 4 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at -7186.32%.
The table below shows WOLF's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
WOLF's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- WOLF has a Quality Grade of F, ranking ahead of 0.9% of graded US stocks.
- WOLF's asset turnover comes in at 0.17 -- ranking 185th of 208 Electronic Equipment stocks.
- VICR, IRDM, and SYNA are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with WOLF.
The table below shows WOLF's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
WOLF Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
WOLF Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$111.31||52-week high||$142.33|
|Prev. close||$112.63||52-week low||$58.07|
|Day high||$114.35||Avg. volume||1,966,231|
|50-day MA||$101.49||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$94.27||Market Cap||13.82B|
Wolfspeed Inc. (WOLF) Company Bio
Wolfspeed Inc, formerly known as Cree, Inc., is an innovator of Wolfspeed power and radio frequency (RF) semiconductors. Its Wolfspeed product families include silicon carbide materials, power-switching devices and RF devices targeted for applications such as electric vehicles, fast charging inverters, power supplies, telecom and military and aerospace. The company was founded by Calvin H. Carter Jr., John W. Palmour, F. Neal Hunter, Eric Hunter, and John Edmond in 1987 and is headquartered in Durham, NC.
Most Popular Stories View All
WOLF Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
WOLF Latest Social Stream
View Full WOLF Social Stream
Latest WOLF News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about WOLFSPEED INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate WOLF as an investment opportunity.
As Wolfspeed grows in N.C., it looks to the Triad and N.C. A&T specifically for longterm STEM workforce.
The best clean energy stocks to buy are starting to get noticed by Wall Street.
Wolfspeed is laying the groundwork for some of the up to 1,800 jobs it hopes to create and fill by early in the coming decade at its recently announced materials plant in Chatham County, including reaching out to students as young as middle-school age. “Particularly from a DEI lens, we know that if you when you start looking at early intervention and start talking about some of those STEM opportunities, almost waiting until the collegiate level is too late,” said Tamara Pearce, senior director for diversity, equity and inclusion with Wolfspeed. “And then also, we know that the talent that we need for this future plan, they’re in middle school today."
DURHAM, N.C., September 09, 2022--Wolfspeed, Inc. (NYSE: WOLF), the global leader in Silicon Carbide technology, today announced it will build a new, state-of-the-art, multi-billion-dollar Materials manufacturing facility in Chatham County, North Carolina. The investment is targeted to generate a more than 10 fold increase from Wolfspeed’s current Silicon Carbide production capacity on its Durham campus, supporting the company’s long-term growth strategy, accelerating the adoption of Silicon Car
U.S. power chip maker Wolfspeed Inc on Friday said it will build a new multi-billion dollar factory in Chatham County, North Carolina to make the raw materials used for chips that power things like electric vehicles as demand surges. While traditional power management chips have been made with silicon, which is also used for microchips that run computers and phones, Wolfspeed uses a relatively newer material called silicon carbide to make chips. Wolfspeed is considered a leader in this technology and says it produces more than 60% of the world's silicon carbide.
WOLF Price Returns