Essential Utilities (WTRG): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
WTRG POWR Grades
- Momentum is the dimension where WTRG ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 88.12% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for WTRG is in Momentum, which has been heading up over the past 177 days.
- WTRG's current lowest rank is in the Value metric (where it is better than 4.5% of US stocks).
WTRG Stock Summary
- ESSENTIAL UTILITIES INC's stock had its IPO on December 30, 1987, making it an older stock than 90.76% of US equities in our set.
- Of note is the ratio of ESSENTIAL UTILITIES INC's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; just 0.4% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- For WTRG, its debt to operating expenses ratio is greater than that reported by 96.93% of US equities we're observing.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to ESSENTIAL UTILITIES INC, a group of peers worth examining would be BKH, SR, ARTNA, MAC, and FLNG.
- WTRG's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit ESSENTIAL UTILITIES INC's official web site, go to www.essential.co.
WTRG Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Utilities stock, WTRG's EV/EBIT ratio is 23.79% higher, now standing at 25.5.
- WTRG's EV/EBIT ratio has moved up 10.7 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for WTRG.
WTRG Growth Metrics
- The 3 year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at 182.97%.
- Its 2 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 83.05%.
- The year over year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at 4.76%.
The table below shows WTRG's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
WTRG's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- WTRG has a Quality Grade of D, ranking ahead of 21.71% of graded US stocks.
- WTRG's asset turnover comes in at 0.131 -- ranking 92nd of 105 Utilities stocks.
- DCP, ENBL, and OPTT are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with WTRG.
The table below shows WTRG's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
WTRG Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
WTRG Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$42.13||52-week high||$52.62|
|Prev. close||$42.11||52-week low||$38.50|
|Day high||$42.75||Avg. volume||1,262,424|
|50-day MA||$44.73||Dividend yield||2.82%|
|200-day MA||$46.19||Market Cap||11.14B|
Essential Utilities (WTRG) Company Bio
Essential Utilities (formerly called Aqua America Inc.) offers liquid waste hauling and disposal, and water and wastewater services through operating and maintenance contracts with municipal authorities and other parties. The company was founded in 1968 and is based in Bryn Mawr, Pennsylvania.
Most Popular Stories View All
WTRG Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
WTRG Latest Social Stream
View Full WTRG Social Stream
Latest WTRG News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about ESSENTIAL UTILITIES INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate WTRG as an investment opportunity.
The 7 Best Water Utility Stocks to Buy for Portfolio Diversification
Although circumstances in the market are shaky, the best water utility stocks to buy offer much-needed relevance.
One Essential Utilities, Inc. (NYSE:WTRG) insider upped their stake by 22% in the previous year
From what we can see, insiders were net buyers in Essential Utilities, Inc.'s ( NYSE:WTRG ) during the past 12 months...
Essential Utilities Comment on Today’s EPA Proposal On a Maximum Contaminant Level for PFAS Toxins
BRYN MAWR, Pa., March 14, 2023--Essential Utilities Chairman and CEO Chris Franklin shared the following comments today:
12 Thrilling Stocks to Buy According to Louis Navellier
In this article, we will look at 12 thrilling stocks to buy according to Louis Navellier. If you want to explore similar stocks, you can also take a look at 5 Thrilling Stocks to Buy According to Louis Navellier. Louis Navellier is a renowned financial analyst, author, and financial advisor, best known for his expertise in […]
Essential Utilities, Inc. (NYSE:WTRG) Q4 2022 Earnings Call Transcript
Essential Utilities, Inc. (NYSE:WTRG) Q4 2022 Earnings Call Transcript February 27, 2023 Operator: Good day and welcome to the Essential Utilities Full-Year 2022 Earnings Call. This meeting is being recorded. At this time, I’d like to hand the call over to Brian Dingerdissen. Please go ahead, sir. Brian Dingerdissen: Thank you, Serge. Good morning, everyone, […]
WTRG Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Loading social stream, please wait...