Essential Utilities (WTRG): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
WTRG POWR Grades
- Momentum is the dimension where WTRG ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 88.05% of US stocks.
- WTRG's strongest trending metric is Sentiment; it's been moving up over the last 179 days.
- WTRG's current lowest rank is in the Quality metric (where it is better than 18.75% of US stocks).
WTRG Stock Summary
- WTRG's one year PEG ratio, measuring expected growth in earnings next year relative to current common stock price is 1,223.36 -- higher than 97.94% of US-listed equities with positive expected earnings growth.
- Of note is the ratio of ESSENTIAL UTILITIES INC's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; only 0.47% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- For WTRG, its debt to operating expenses ratio is greater than that reported by 96.51% of US equities we're observing.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to WTRG, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are BKH, ARTNA, MTN, SJI, and AWK.
- WTRG's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit ESSENTIAL UTILITIES INC's official web site, go to www.essential.co.
WTRG Valuation Summary
- WTRG's EV/EBIT ratio is 28.2; this is 26.74% higher than that of the median Utilities stock.
- WTRG's price/sales ratio has moved up 1.1 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for WTRG.
WTRG Growth Metrics
- The 4 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at 757.97%.
- Its 5 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 21.8%.
- The year over year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at 7.33%.
The table below shows WTRG's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
WTRG's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- WTRG has a Quality Grade of D, ranking ahead of 21.71% of graded US stocks.
- WTRG's asset turnover comes in at 0.131 -- ranking 92nd of 105 Utilities stocks.
- DCP, ENBL, and OPTT are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with WTRG.
The table below shows WTRG's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
WTRG Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
WTRG Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$42.59||52-week high||$53.93|
|Prev. close||$43.82||52-week low||$40.97|
|Day high||$43.35||Avg. volume||1,140,210|
|50-day MA||$48.53||Dividend yield||2.62%|
|200-day MA||$47.88||Market Cap||11.17B|
Essential Utilities (WTRG) Company Bio
Essential Utilities (formerly called Aqua America Inc.) offers liquid waste hauling and disposal, and water and wastewater services through operating and maintenance contracts with municipal authorities and other parties. The company was founded in 1968 and is based in Bryn Mawr, Pennsylvania.
Most Popular Stories View All
WTRG Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
WTRG Latest Social Stream
View Full WTRG Social Stream
Latest WTRG News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about ESSENTIAL UTILITIES INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate WTRG as an investment opportunity.
American Water's (AWK) Pennsylvanian unit will invest $2.8 million to replace nearly 10,000 feet of aging water mains in Scranton and continue to provide high-quality services.
Water stocks are a unique class of utility equities. The industry is enormous.
Essential Utilities (WTRG), with its steady investment and strategic acquisitions, is poised for growth. However, demand fluctuations related to weather and rising interest rates are headwinds.
American Water Works (AWK) arm Illinois American Water buys assets of the City of Villa Grove. It plans to invest $21 million in the next seven years to upgrade the infrastructure of acquired assets.
Peoples Gas and the University of Pittsburgh Partnering on Pilot Program to Evaluate the Transport of Hydrogen in Natural Gas Systems
PITTSBURGH, September 21, 2022--The University of Pittsburgh and Peoples Gas, an Essential Utilities company, are teaming up to explore the use of hydrogen as a future energy source. Together, the organizations announced today they will enter a research partnership to study the potential of safely and securely transporting hydrogen through its natural gas systems.
WTRG Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|