Essential Utilities (WTRG): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
WTRG POWR Grades
- Momentum is the dimension where WTRG ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 80.08% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for WTRG is in Momentum, which has been heading up over the past 179 days.
- WTRG ranks lowest in Quality; there it ranks in the 20th percentile.
WTRG Stock Summary
- Of note is the ratio of Essential Utilities Inc's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; merely 0.5% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- The ratio of debt to operating expenses for Essential Utilities Inc is higher than it is for about 96.41% of US stocks.
- The volatility of Essential Utilities Inc's share price is greater than that of only 4.72% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to WTRG, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are BKH, AL, MAC, CLPR, and TGH.
- WTRG's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Essential Utilities Inc's official web site, go to www.essential.co.
WTRG Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Utilities stock, WTRG's price/sales ratio is 228.57% higher, now standing at 6.9.
- Over the past 243 months, WTRG's EV/EBIT ratio has gone up 14.1.
- WTRG's price/sales ratio has moved up 1.9 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for WTRG.
WTRG Growth Metrics
- The 4 year revenue growth rate now stands at 15.64%.
- Its year over year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 88.29%.
- Its year over year price growth rate is now at 16.03%.
The table below shows WTRG's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
WTRG's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- WTRG has a Quality Grade of D, ranking ahead of 21.71% of graded US stocks.
- WTRG's asset turnover comes in at 0.131 -- ranking 92nd of 105 Utilities stocks.
- DCP, ENBL, and OPTT are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with WTRG.
The table below shows WTRG's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
WTRG Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
WTRG Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$45.77||52-week high||$53.93|
|Prev. close||$45.45||52-week low||$42.03|
|Day high||$45.99||Avg. volume||1,211,837|
|50-day MA||$47.93||Dividend yield||2.35%|
|200-day MA||$48.32||Market Cap||11.61B|
Essential Utilities (WTRG) Company Bio
Essential Utilities (formerly called Aqua America Inc.) offers liquid waste hauling and disposal, and water and wastewater services through operating and maintenance contracts with municipal authorities and other parties. The company was founded in 1968 and is based in Bryn Mawr, Pennsylvania.
Most Popular Stories View All
WTRG Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
WTRG Latest Social Stream
View Full WTRG Social Stream
Latest WTRG News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Essential Utilities Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate WTRG as an investment opportunity.
Essential Utilities (NYSE:WTRG), the water and natural gas utility spread across 10 States in the eastern half of the US, reported earnings after the close Wednesday. The Company posted in-line results, guided to 2022 earnings in-line with estimates, and continued with plans to grow the dividend. Earnings - Essential (WTRG)...
Essential Utilities' (WTRG) Q4 earnings surpass estimates. Essential Utilities continues to make systematic investments to upgrade the water and natural gas systems to provide reliable services to customers.
Essential Utilities (WTRG) delivered earnings and revenue surprises of 2.33% and 7.78%, respectively, for the quarter ended December 2021. Do the numbers hold clues to what lies ahead for the stock?
BRYN MAWR, Pa., February 23, 2022--Essential Utilities Inc. (NYSE: WTRG), today reported results for the fourth quarter and year ended Dec. 31, 2021.
If you want to know who really controls Essential Utilities, Inc. ( NYSE:WTRG ), then you'll have to look at the makeup...
WTRG Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|