Weyerhaeuser Company (WY): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
WY POWR Grades
- WY scores best on the Growth dimension, with a Growth rank ahead of 92.68% of US stocks.
- WY's strongest trending metric is Value; it's been moving up over the last 206 days.
- WY's current lowest rank is in the Momentum metric (where it is better than 39.03% of US stocks).
WY Stock Summary
- WY's went public 35.39 years ago, making it older than 92.9% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- Of note is the ratio of Weyerhaeuser Co's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 99.5% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- The ratio of debt to operating expenses for Weyerhaeuser Co is higher than it is for about 96.75% of US stocks.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Weyerhaeuser Co, a group of peers worth examining would be GGB, TDG, LXU, CF, and SUZ.
- WY's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Weyerhaeuser Co's official web site, go to www.weyerhaeuser.com.
WY Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
WY Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$38.31||52-week high||$41.68|
|Prev. close||$38.12||52-week low||$16.82|
|Day high||$38.75||Avg. volume||4,768,317|
|50-day MA||$37.10||Dividend yield||1.78%|
|200-day MA||$32.28||Market Cap||28.70B|
Weyerhaeuser Company (WY) Company Bio
Weyerhaeuser Company operates under four business segments, timberlands, wood products, cellulose fibers and real estate. It owns timberlands primarily in the U.S and has long-term licenses in Canada. The company was founded in 1900 and is based in Federal Way, Washington.
WY Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
Below please find a table outlining a discounted cash flow forecast for WY, in which we model out valuation assuming a variety of terminal growth rates. To summarize, we found that Weyerhaeuser Co ranked in the 57th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Moreover, under all the scenarios we modelled, the output consistently forecasted positive returns. In terms of the factors that were most noteworthy in this DCF analysis for WY, they are:
- Weyerhaeuser Co's weighted average cost of capital (WACC) is 9%; for context, that number is higher than merely 23.04% of tickers in our DCF set.
- Relative to other stocks in its sector (Real Estate), Weyerhaeuser Co has a reliance on debt greater than just 10.76% of them.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
WY Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
WY Latest Social Stream
View Full WY Social Stream
Latest WY News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Weyerhaeuser Co that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate WY as an investment opportunity.
Weyerhaeuser (WY) declares $0.17/share quarterly dividend, in line with previous.Forward yield 1.78%Payable June 18; for shareholders of record June 4; ex-div June 3.See WY Dividend Scorecard, Yield Chart, & Dividend Growth....
Weyerhaeuser Company (NYSE: WY) today announced that its board of directors declared a quarterly base cash dividend of $0.17 per share on the common stock of the company, payable in cash on June 18, 2021, to holders of record of such common stock as of the close of business on June 4, 2021.
The housing market is booming, especially new construction in hot markets from Idaho to Texas. The stock market has more than doubled from the COVID-19 low in late March 2020 while lumber prices have more than quintupled, notching another record high on Friday at more than $1,600 per thousand board feet. As one of the largest timberland owners and sawmill operators in North America, Weyerhaeuser (NYSE: WY) is a key beneficiary of the lumber boom.
Bull Of The Day: Weyerhaeuser (WY)
The U.S. housing market is the hottest it's been since before the Great Recession. Here's a quick primer on the lumber market, as well as the best lumber stock to buy right now. Meanwhile, interest is booming across a motley mosaic of emerging housing markets in rural communities and smaller cities.
WY Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|