Weyerhaeuser Company (WY): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
WY POWR Grades
- WY scores best on the Growth dimension, with a Growth rank ahead of 97.83% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for WY is in Value, which has been heading up over the past 31 weeks.
- WY's current lowest rank is in the Momentum metric (where it is better than 31.59% of US stocks).
WY Stock Summary
- Weyerhaeuser Co's stock had its IPO on January 1, 1986, making it an older stock than 92.74% of US equities in our set.
- Of note is the ratio of Weyerhaeuser Co's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 99.63% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- The ratio of debt to operating expenses for Weyerhaeuser Co is higher than it is for about 96.83% of US stocks.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to WY, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are LXU, GGB, SUZ, CAAP, and SCI.
- Visit WY's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.weyerhaeuser.com.
WY Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Real Estate stock, WY's price/earnings ratio is 52.14% lower, now standing at 19.
- Over the past 243 months, WY's price/earnings ratio has gone down 0.
- WY's price/sales ratio has moved up 2.2 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for WY.
WY Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
WY Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$34.58||52-week high||$41.68|
|Prev. close||$34.17||52-week low||$25.82|
|Day high||$34.67||Avg. volume||5,003,342|
|50-day MA||$35.48||Dividend yield||1.97%|
|200-day MA||$33.87||Market Cap||25.91B|
Weyerhaeuser Company (WY) Company Bio
Weyerhaeuser Company operates under four business segments, timberlands, wood products, cellulose fibers and real estate. It owns timberlands primarily in the U.S and has long-term licenses in Canada. The company was founded in 1900 and is based in Federal Way, Washington.
WY Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
Below please find a table outlining a discounted cash flow forecast for WY, in which we model out valuation assuming a variety of terminal growth rates. To summarize, we found that Weyerhaeuser Co ranked in the 56th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Moreover, under all the scenarios we modelled, the output consistently forecasted positive returns. As for the metrics that stood out in our discounted cash flow analysis of Weyerhaeuser Co, consider:
- 84% of the company's capital comes from equity, which is greater than 56% of stocks in our cash flow based forecasting set.
- The company's cost of debt, derived from its interest coverage, tax rate, and market capitalization, is greater than only 10.5% of stocks in its sector (Real Estate).
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
WY Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
WY Latest Social Stream
View Full WY Social Stream
Latest WY News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Weyerhaeuser Co that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate WY as an investment opportunity.
Weyerhaeuser (WY) doesn't possess the right combination of the two key ingredients for a likely earnings beat in its upcoming report. Get prepared with the key expectations.
UFP Industries' (UFPI) second-quarter results reflect robust performance across all segments, thanks to solid organic growth, strategic acquisitions and strong consumer demand.
From renewable energy stocks to dividend stocks, these companies are worth watching heading into earnings.
Approximately 145,000 acres of Weyerhaeuser timberland in Washington have been purchased by Hampton Lumber, the company announced. The purchase includes land in Whatcom, Skagit, Snohomish, King,
Weyerhaeuser (WY) streamlines the timberland portfolio with the divestiture of Washington's North Cascades property.
WY Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|