Weyerhaeuser Company (WY): Price and Financial Metrics
WY Stock Summary
- WY's went public 34.16 years ago, making it older than 92.5% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- Of note is the ratio of Weyerhaeuser Co's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 99.03% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- The ratio of debt to operating expenses for Weyerhaeuser Co is higher than it is for about 96.11% of US stocks.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Weyerhaeuser Co are YUM, MLM, VMC, PH, and AME.
- Visit WY's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.weyerhaeuser.com.
WY Stock Price Chart More Charts
WY Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$30.73||52-week high||$31.58|
|Prev. close||$30.87||52-week low||$22.35|
|Day high||$30.82||Avg. volume||3,675,726|
|50-day MA||$29.84||Dividend yield||4.43%|
|200-day MA||$27.40||Market Cap||22.91B|
Weyerhaeuser Company (WY) Company Bio
Weyerhaeuser Company operates under four business segments, timberlands, wood products, cellulose fibers and real estate. It owns timberlands primarily in the U.S and has long-term licenses in Canada. The company was founded in 1900 and is based in Federal Way, Washington.
WY Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
Below please find a table outlining a discounted cash flow forecast for WY, in which we model out valuation assuming a variety of terminal growth rates. To summarize, we found that Weyerhaeuser Co ranked in the 20st percentile in terms of potential gain offered. We should note, though, that all scenearios modelled for this stock suggest it is overvalued. As for the metrics that stood out in our discounted cash flow analysis of Weyerhaeuser Co, consider:
- Weyerhaeuser Co's effective tax rate, as measured by taxes paid relative to net income, is at 0 -- greater than only 0% of US stocks with positive free cash flow.
- Weyerhaeuser Co's interest coverage rate -- a measure of gross earnings relative to interest payments -- comes in at 0.44. This coverage rate is greater than that of merely 20.88% of stocks we're observing for the purpose of forecasting via discounted cash flows.
- Relative to other stocks in its sector (Real Estate), Weyerhaeuser Co has a reliance on debt greater than just 18.67% of them.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|