Weyerhaeuser Co. (WY): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
WY POWR Grades
- Sentiment is the dimension where WY ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 86.42% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for WY is in Stability, which has been heading up over the past 179 days.
- WY ranks lowest in Stability; there it ranks in the 54th percentile.
WY Stock Summary
- WY's went public 36.27 years ago, making it older than 92.84% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- Of note is the ratio of Weyerhaeuser Co's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 98.96% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- For WY, its debt to operating expenses ratio is greater than that reported by 93.03% of US equities we're observing.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Weyerhaeuser Co, a group of peers worth examining would be YUM, CCK, STNE, RYAM, and CURO.
- Visit WY's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.weyerhaeuser.com.
WY Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Real Estate stock, WY's EV/EBIT ratio is 75.81% lower, now standing at 9.3.
- WY's EV/EBIT ratio has moved down 2.5 over the prior 243 months.
- Over the past 243 months, WY's EV/EBIT ratio has gone down 2.5.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for WY.
WY Growth Metrics
- Its 4 year revenue growth rate is now at -7.74%.
- The 4 year price growth rate now stands at -43.15%.
- The year over year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at 265.84%.
The table below shows WY's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
WY's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- WY has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 75.72% of graded US stocks.
- WY's asset turnover comes in at 0.582 -- ranking 34th of 443 Trading stocks.
- JHG, AVB, and GROW are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with WY.
The table below shows WY's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
WY Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
WY Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$37.63||52-week high||$43.04|
|Prev. close||$37.86||52-week low||$32.65|
|Day high||$38.63||Avg. volume||4,336,000|
|50-day MA||$39.42||Dividend yield||1.9%|
|200-day MA||$38.29||Market Cap||28.02B|
Weyerhaeuser Co. (WY) Company Bio
Weyerhaeuser Company (/ˈwɛərhaʊzər/) is an American timberland company which owns nearly 12,400,000 acres (19,400 sq mi; 50,000 km2) of timberlands in the U.S., and manages an additional 14,000,000 acres (22,000 sq mi; 57,000 km2) of timberlands under long-term licenses in Canada. The company also manufactures wood products. It operates as a real estate investment trust. (Source:Wikipedia)
Most Popular Stories View All
WY Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
WY Latest Social Stream
View Full WY Social Stream
Latest WY News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Weyerhaeuser Co that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate WY as an investment opportunity.
Rating Action: Moody's assigns Baa2 to Weyerhaeuser's new senior unsecured notesGlobal Credit Research - 23 Feb 2022New York, February 23, 2022 -- Moody's Investors Service ("Moody's") assigned a Baa2 rating to Weyerhaeuser Company's ("Weyerhaeuser") proposed senior unsecured notes. The notes will be unsecured senior obligations of Weyerhaeuser and will rank equally with the company's existing unsecured senior indebtedness. Weyerhaeuser intends to use most of the net proceeds of this offering and cash on hand to redeem a portion of existing maturities.
Weyerhaeuser Company (NYSE: WY) ("Weyerhaeuser," "we" or "our") today announced that it has commenced cash tender offers (each, an "Offer" and collectively, the "Offers") for the maximum principal amount of validly tendered (and not validly withdrawn) notes set forth below (the "Notes"), such that the aggregate purchase price, not including accrued and unpaid interest, payable in respect of such Notes will not exceed $1.0 billion.
Increased selling prices and solid Siding sales aid Louisiana-Pacific's (LPX) fourth-quarter 2021 earnings.
KBR's fourth-quarter earnings improve on strong Government Solutions performance, innovative technologies and solid execution.
A spokesperson said the company is investing in safety measures "to help ensure our employees can safely commute to our building."
WY Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|