United States Steel Corporation (X): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
X POWR Grades
- Value is the dimension where X ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 95.83% of US stocks.
- X's strongest trending metric is Growth; it's been moving down over the last 179 days.
- X ranks lowest in Sentiment; there it ranks in the 4th percentile.
X Stock Summary
- With a price/earnings ratio of 1.75, UNITED STATES STEEL CORP P/E ratio is greater than that of about merely 1.75% of stocks in our set with positive earnings.
- The price/operating cash flow metric for UNITED STATES STEEL CORP is higher than only 5.53% of stocks in our set with a positive cash flow.
- UNITED STATES STEEL CORP's shareholder yield -- a measure of how much capital is returned to stockholders via dividends and buybacks -- is 36.6%, greater than the shareholder yield of 95.73% of stocks in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to UNITED STATES STEEL CORP, a group of peers worth examining would be DLPN, CENX, DMLP, ARLP, and APLE.
- Visit X's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.ussteel.com.
X Valuation Summary
- X's EV/EBIT ratio is 1.5; this is 84.04% lower than that of the median Basic Materials stock.
- X's price/sales ratio has moved up 0.1 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for X.
X Growth Metrics
- Its year over year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 826.94%.
- The 3 year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at 345.59%.
- Its 2 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 561.86%.
The table below shows X's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
X's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- X has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 82.54% of graded US stocks.
- X's asset turnover comes in at 1.145 -- ranking 16th of 41 Steel Works Etc stocks.
- KALU, STLD, and NANX are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with X.
The table below shows X's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
X Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
X Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$26.29||52-week high||$39.25|
|Prev. close||$25.75||52-week low||$16.41|
|Day high||$26.42||Avg. volume||14,308,151|
|50-day MA||$21.26||Dividend yield||0.78%|
|200-day MA||$24.86||Market Cap||6.16B|
United States Steel Corporation (X) Company Bio
United States Steel produces and sells flat-rolled and tubular steel products in North America and Europe. It operates through three segments: Flat-Rolled Products, U. S. Steel Europe, and Tubular Products. The company was founded in 1901 and is based in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
Most Popular Stories View All
X Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
X Latest Social Stream
View Full X Social Stream
Latest X News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about UNITED STATES STEEL CORP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate X as an investment opportunity.
Fine particulate matter in the air can cause health problems for seniors, people with asthma and other respiratory issues, and young children.
Currently, United States Steel Corporation’s (X) stock is trading at $23.16, marking a fall of -3.80% from last night’s close. At this price, the stock is -41.01% below its 52-week high of $39.25 and 41.10% above its 52-week low of $16.41. Based on the past 30-day period, the stock price is -6.89% below the high […]
Trane Technologies PLC says it will be the first HVAC manufacturer to reduce its carbon footprint by purchasing Nucor Corp.’s net-zero Econiq carbon steel for use in its products. Trane will also buy additional verdeX low-carbon steel from U.S. Steel Corp.
A whale with a lot of money to spend has taken a noticeably bullish stance on United States Steel . Looking at options history for United States Steel (NYSE: X ) we detected 20 strange trades. If we consider the specifics of each trade, it is accurate to state that 60% of the investors opened trades with bullish expectations and 40% with bearish. From the overall spotted trades, 12 are puts, for a total amount of $593,659 and 8, calls, for a total amount of $877,986. What''s The Price Target? Taking into account the Volume and Open Interest on these contracts, it appears that whales have been targeting a price range from $15.0 … Full story available on Benzinga.com
The project will proceed with not only the backing of state government but also a focus squarely on decarbonizing heavy industry in the Pittsburgh region.
X Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|