United States Steel Corporation (X): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
X POWR Grades
- Value is the dimension where X ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 98.71% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for X is in Quality, which has been heading up over the past 161 days.
- X's current lowest rank is in the Sentiment metric (where it is better than 1.74% of US stocks).
X Stock Summary
- X's current price/earnings ratio is 2.06, which is higher than merely 0.93% of US stocks with positive earnings.
- In terms of twelve month growth in earnings before interest and taxes, United States Steel Corp is reporting a growth rate of -357.3%; that's higher than merely 5.55% of US stocks.
- United States Steel Corp's shareholder yield -- a measure of how much capital is returned to stockholders via dividends and buybacks -- is 32.98%, greater than the shareholder yield of 93.94% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to X, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are TKC, PFX, ELP, SALM, and GOL.
- Visit X's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.ussteel.com.
X Valuation Summary
- X's price/sales ratio is 0.5; this is 68.75% lower than that of the median Basic Materials stock.
- X's price/sales ratio has moved up 0.2 over the prior 240 months.
- X's EV/EBIT ratio has moved up 16.2 over the prior 240 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for X.
X Growth Metrics
- Its 3 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 217.26%.
- Its 4 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 52.08%.
- The 3 year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at 160.36%.
The table below shows X's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
X's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- X has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 82.54% of graded US stocks.
- X's asset turnover comes in at 1.145 -- ranking 16th of 41 Steel Works Etc stocks.
- KALU, STLD, and NANX are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with X.
The table below shows X's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
X Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
X Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$20.29||52-week high||$30.57|
|Prev. close||$21.30||52-week low||$16.13|
|Day high||$21.08||Avg. volume||17,275,543|
|50-day MA||$23.85||Dividend yield||0.94%|
|200-day MA||$24.39||Market Cap||5.48B|
United States Steel Corporation (X) Company Bio
United States Steel produces and sells flat-rolled and tubular steel products in North America and Europe. It operates through three segments: Flat-Rolled Products, U. S. Steel Europe, and Tubular Products. The company was founded in 1901 and is based in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
Most Popular Stories View All
X Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
X Latest Social Stream
View Full X Social Stream
Latest X News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about United States Steel Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate X as an investment opportunity.
The U.S. and U.K. say they are set to start talks aimed at resolving their trade dispute over U.S. steel and aluminum tariffs as well as addressing global excess capacity in steel and aluminum. "The distortions that result from this excess capacity pose a serious threat to market-oriented steel and...
Despite the recent correction, higher year-over-year prices are likely to help steel companies deliver another quarter of strong performance.
HWI, which is privately held, doesn't make steel itself. But its products, advanced refractories, are essential to the steelmaking process.
The plant will be called Alabama One, which will include manufacturing of refractory products, service and distribution for the southern steelmaking customers.
United States Steel is one stock that just reached the mark, now earning a score of 85. U.S. Steel stock fell to 4.92 a share in late March 2020 and it's risen 416% from there to a 25.42 close Thursday, down 1% for the day. The 85 RS Rating means U.S. Steel has outperformed 85% of all stocks over the past year.
X Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|