United States Steel Corporation (X): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
X POWR Grades
- Momentum is the dimension where X ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 95.53% of US stocks.
- X's strongest trending metric is Stability; it's been moving up over the last 179 days.
- X ranks lowest in Sentiment; there it ranks in the 7th percentile.
X Stock Summary
- X's current price/earnings ratio is 2.26, which is higher than only 1.17% of US stocks with positive earnings.
- In terms of twelve month growth in earnings before interest and taxes, United States Steel Corp is reporting a growth rate of -560.09%; that's higher than merely 3.66% of US stocks.
- United States Steel Corp's shareholder yield -- a measure of how much capital is returned to stockholders via dividends and buybacks -- is 37.13%, greater than the shareholder yield of 95.63% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to X, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are GOL, BBU, OMAB, TK, and SQM.
- X's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit United States Steel Corp's official web site, go to www.ussteel.com.
X Valuation Summary
- X's price/sales ratio is 0.5; this is 68.75% lower than that of the median Basic Materials stock.
- X's price/sales ratio has moved up 0.2 over the prior 240 months.
- X's EV/EBIT ratio has moved up 16.2 over the prior 240 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for X.
X Growth Metrics
- Its 3 year price growth rate is now at -8.86%.
- Its year over year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 36.47%.
- The 2 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at -1.6%.
The table below shows X's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
X's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- X has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 82.54% of graded US stocks.
- X's asset turnover comes in at 1.145 -- ranking 16th of 41 Steel Works Etc stocks.
- KALU, STLD, and NANX are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with X.
The table below shows X's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
X Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
X Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$19.84||52-week high||$39.25|
|Prev. close||$19.01||52-week low||$17.98|
|Day high||$20.02||Avg. volume||17,160,916|
|50-day MA||$26.57||Dividend yield||1.05%|
|200-day MA||$25.90||Market Cap||5.17B|
United States Steel Corporation (X) Company Bio
United States Steel produces and sells flat-rolled and tubular steel products in North America and Europe. It operates through three segments: Flat-Rolled Products, U. S. Steel Europe, and Tubular Products. The company was founded in 1901 and is based in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
Most Popular Stories View All
X Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
X Latest Social Stream
View Full X Social Stream
Latest X News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about United States Steel Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate X as an investment opportunity.
At approximately 10 p.m. Eastern Wednesday night, Russian military forces launched an all-out assault on their neighbor Ukraine. Calls for economic sanctions by the West were immediate -- and they're having an immediate effect on the prices of publicly traded steel stocks today. As of 2 p.m. ET, shares of United States Steel Corporation (NYSE: X) had surged 9.6%, European steel giant ArcelorMittal (NYSE: MT) was up 10.7%, and Cleveland-Cliffs (NYSE: CLF) -- which used to be AK Steel and Arcelor in the U.S. -- was up 9.7%.
The Relative Strength (RS) Rating for United States Steel climbed into a new percentile Friday, with an increase from 63 to 83. United States Steel stock is trying to complete a double bottom with a 26.27 buy point. United States Steel stock earns the No. 5 rank among its peers in the Steel-Producers industry group.
United States Steel Corporation (NYSE:X) has a beta value of 2.00 and has seen 2.65 million shares traded in the recent trading session. The company, currently valued at $6.25B, closed the recent trade at $23.58 per share which meant it lost -$0.26 on the day or -1.09% during that session. The X stock price is … United States Steel Corporation (X) Has Strong Growth Prospects Through 2022 Read More »
PITTSBURGH, February 22, 2022--United States Steel Corporation (NYSE: X) ("U. S. Steel") today announced that Terry L. Dunlap has been elected to the company’s Board of Directors.
U.S. Steel (NYSE:X) tops Seeking Alpha's list of the three best steel stocks to buy in 2022, released Thursday by Steven Cress, SA's head of quantitative strategy. With the passage of the massive government infrastructure bill, combined with a general surge in economic activity following the pandemic, the prospects for...
X Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|