United States Steel Corporation (X): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
X POWR Grades
- X scores best on the Momentum dimension, with a Momentum rank ahead of 95.91% of US stocks.
- X's strongest trending metric is Momentum; it's been moving up over the last 48 weeks.
- X ranks lowest in Stability; there it ranks in the 4th percentile.
X Stock Summary
- With a price/earnings ratio of 6.44, United States Steel Corp P/E ratio is greater than that of about just 9.49% of stocks in our set with positive earnings.
- With a price/sales ratio of 0.43, United States Steel Corp has a higher such ratio than merely 8.03% of stocks in our set.
- Shareholder yield, a measure of how much is returned to shareholders via dividends and share repurchases, for X comes in at 27.46% -- higher than that of 91.47% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to X, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are DCP, PXS, CSU, GLBS, and OMAB.
- X's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit United States Steel Corp's official web site, go to www.ussteel.com.
X Valuation Summary
- X's price/sales ratio is 0.5; this is 68.75% lower than that of the median Basic Materials stock.
- X's price/sales ratio has moved up 0.2 over the prior 240 months.
- X's EV/EBIT ratio has moved up 16.2 over the prior 240 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for X.
X Growth Metrics
- Its 5 year price growth rate is now at -32.1%.
- The year over year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at -44.22%.
- Its year over year revenue growth rate is now at -12.55%.
The table below shows X's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
X's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- X has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 63.3% of graded US stocks.
- X's asset turnover comes in at 0.996 -- ranking 17th of 41 Steel Works Etc stocks.
- STLD, KALU, and TMST are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with X.
The table below shows X's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
X Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
X Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$21.85||52-week high||$30.57|
|Prev. close||$21.88||52-week low||$6.85|
|Day high||$22.34||Avg. volume||21,962,125|
|50-day MA||$25.51||Dividend yield||0.18%|
|200-day MA||$22.73||Market Cap||5.90B|
United States Steel Corporation (X) Company Bio
United States Steel produces and sells flat-rolled and tubular steel products in North America and Europe. It operates through three segments: Flat-Rolled Products, U. S. Steel Europe, and Tubular Products. The company was founded in 1901 and is based in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
Most Popular Stories View All
X Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
X Latest Social Stream
View Full X Social Stream
Latest X News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about United States Steel Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate X as an investment opportunity.
The recently announced multi-billion projects from major U.S. steel producers reflect the underlying strength in the domestic steel industry underpinned by strong demand and record-high prices.
In the latest trading session, United States Steel (X) closed at $21.49, marking a +0.05% move from the previous day.
Big declines in iron ore prices are creating exciting opportunities for investors.
U.S. Steel's (X) planned mini mill investment is an important step toward achieving its 2030 goal of reducing global greenhouse gas emissions.
U.S. Steel (X) has become technically an oversold stock now, which implies exhaustion of the heavy selling pressure on it. This, combined with strong agreement among Wall Street analysts in revising earnings estimates higher, indicates a potential trend reversal for the stock in the near term.
X Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|