Acceleron Pharma Inc. (XLRN): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
XLRN POWR Grades
- XLRN scores best on the Growth dimension, with a Growth rank ahead of 54.24% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for XLRN is in Growth, which has been heading down over the past 52 weeks.
- XLRN's current lowest rank is in the Momentum metric (where it is better than 8.93% of US stocks).
XLRN Stock Summary
- The ratio of debt to operating expenses for Acceleron Pharma Inc is higher than it is for about just 10.43% of US stocks.
- XLRN's price/sales ratio is 96.94; that's higher than the P/S ratio of 96.63% of US stocks.
- XLRN's equity multiplier -- a measure of assets relative to shareholders'equity -- is greater than that of just 7.36% of US stocks.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Acceleron Pharma Inc are RARE, BCYC, FOLD, GNTX, and PXLW.
- XLRN's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Acceleron Pharma Inc's official web site, go to www.acceleronpharma.com.
XLRN Valuation Summary
- XLRN's price/sales ratio is 80.6; this is 610.13% higher than that of the median Healthcare stock.
- Over the past 97 months, XLRN's EV/EBIT ratio has gone down 51.2.
- Over the past 97 months, XLRN's price/sales ratio has gone up 69.9.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for XLRN.
XLRN Growth Metrics
- Its 4 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at -287.28%.
- The year over year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at -33.03%.
- Its 3 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at -195.3%.
The table below shows XLRN's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
XLRN's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- XLRN has a Quality Grade of D, ranking ahead of 17.88% of graded US stocks.
- XLRN's asset turnover comes in at 0.131 -- ranking 236th of 682 Pharmaceutical Products stocks.
- BMY, CPRX, and REPH are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with XLRN.
The table below shows XLRN's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
XLRN Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
XLRN Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$178.75||52-week high||$189.99|
|Prev. close||$179.68||52-week low||$108.82|
|Day high||$179.85||Avg. volume||572,759|
|50-day MA||$168.57||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$137.67||Market Cap||10.93B|
Acceleron Pharma Inc. (XLRN) Company Bio
Acceleron Pharma XLRN is a clinical stage biopharmaceutical company focused on the discovery, development and commercialization of novel protein therapeutics for cancer and rare diseases. The company was founded in 2003 and is based in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
Most Popular Stories View All
XLRN Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
XLRN Latest Social Stream
View Full XLRN Social Stream
Latest XLRN News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Acceleron Pharma Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate XLRN as an investment opportunity.
Sphinx Trading LP bought a new stake in shares of Acceleron Pharma Inc. (NASDAQ:XLRN) in the third quarter, according to its most recent filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission. The institutional investor bought 700 shares of the biopharmaceutical companys stock, valued at approximately $120,000. Several other large investors also recently added to or reduced 
The purchase of Acceleron Pharma gives Merck one more arrow in its quiver as it prepares for the patent on its blockbuster cancer therapeutic Keytruda to expire.
No summary available.
Acceleron Pharma (NASDAQ:XLRN) and Brickell Biotech (NASDAQ:BBI) are both medical companies, but which is the superior investment? We will compare the two companies based on the strength of their valuation, profitability, dividends, analyst recommendations, earnings, institutional ownership and risk. Insider and Institutional Ownership 90.4% of Acceleron Pharma shares are owned by institutional investors. Comparatively, 14.2% 
Fulton Bank N.A. bought a new stake in Acceleron Pharma Inc. (NASDAQ:XLRN) in the 3rd quarter, according to its most recent 13F filing with the Securities & Exchange Commission. The firm bought 1,507 shares of the biopharmaceutical companys stock, valued at approximately $260,000. Other institutional investors and hedge funds have also recently made changes to 
XLRN Price Returns