Xylem Inc. (XYL): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
XYL POWR Grades
- Growth is the dimension where XYL ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 83.7% of US stocks.
- XYL's strongest trending metric is Growth; it's been moving up over the last 179 days.
- XYL's current lowest rank is in the Value metric (where it is better than 12.46% of US stocks).
XYL Stock Summary
- XYL has a market capitalization of $19,754,082,123 -- more than approximately 89.86% of US stocks.
- With a price/earnings ratio of 61.93, XYLEM INC P/E ratio is greater than that of about 91.35% of stocks in our set with positive earnings.
- Price to trailing twelve month operating cash flow for XYL is currently 43.51, higher than 89.67% of US stocks with positive operating cash flow.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to XYLEM INC, a group of peers worth examining would be FTV, TFX, PKI, ALC, and SNN.
- XYL's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit XYLEM INC's official web site, go to www.xylem.com.
XYL Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Industrials stock, XYL's price/sales ratio is 216.67% higher, now standing at 3.8.
- XYL's EV/EBIT ratio has moved up 39.5 over the prior 135 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for XYL.
XYL Growth Metrics
- The 5 year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at 38.46%.
- The 4 year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at 38.46%.
- Its year over year price growth rate is now at -22.12%.
The table below shows XYL's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
XYL's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- XYL has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 80.06% of graded US stocks.
- XYL's asset turnover comes in at 0.613 -- ranking 65th of 104 Machinery stocks.
- IEX, ALG, and SOI are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with XYL.
The table below shows XYL's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
XYL Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
XYL Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$113.53||52-week high||$125.38|
|Prev. close||$113.80||52-week low||$72.08|
|Day high||$114.24||Avg. volume||1,153,022|
|50-day MA||$100.55||Dividend yield||1.06%|
|200-day MA||$90.21||Market Cap||20.46B|
Xylem Inc. (XYL) Company Bio
Xylem Inc. is a large American water technology provider, in public utility, residential, commercial, agricultural and industrial settings. The company does business in more than 150 countries. Launched in 2011 as the spinoff of the water-related businesses of ITT Corporation, Xylem is headquartered in Rye Brook, New York, with 2018 revenues of $5.2 billion and 17,000 employees worldwide. (Source:Wikipedia)
Most Popular Stories View All
XYL Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
XYL Latest Social Stream
View Full XYL Social Stream
Latest XYL News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about XYLEM INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate XYL as an investment opportunity.
Xylem (XYL) stands to benefit from solid underlying market demand and pricing actions across its businesses. XYL's efforts to reward its shareholders with dividends augur well.
Aristotle Capital Management, LLC, an investment management company, released its “Value Equity Fund” third quarter 2022 investor letter. A copy of the same can be downloaded here. In the third quarter, the fund returned ‐5.17% net of fees and expenses, outperforming the Russell 1000 Value Index, which returned ‐5.62%. At the same time, the fund underperformed the […]
Manchester City and Xylem Call on Football Fans To Vote for Young Water Heroes Tackling Global Water Issues
Manchester City Football Club's global community program, Cityzens Giving, and global water technology leader, Xylem (NYSE:XYL) are calling on football fans to vote for their top project as the Water Heroes Academy returns for a second year.
It looks like Xylem Inc. ( NYSE:XYL ) is about to go ex-dividend in the next four days. The ex-dividend date occurs one...
A growing global movement of young innovators is helping the water sector make progress against urgent challenges like water accessibility and security.
XYL Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|