Xylem Inc. (XYL): Price and Financial Metrics
XYL Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$106.10||52-week high||$118.58|
|Prev. close||$105.79||52-week low||$87.59|
|Day high||$107.56||Avg. volume||1,720,712|
|50-day MA||$95.76||Dividend yield||1.24%|
|200-day MA||$101.91||Market Cap||25.58B|
XYL Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
XYL POWR Grades
- Momentum is the dimension where XYL ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 72.84% of US stocks.
- XYL's strongest trending metric is Stability; it's been moving down over the last 177 days.
- XYL's current lowest rank is in the Value metric (where it is better than 11.03% of US stocks).
XYL Stock Summary
- With a market capitalization of $25,602,460,236, XYLEM INC has a greater market value than 91.16% of US stocks.
- With a price/earnings ratio of 52.04, XYLEM INC P/E ratio is greater than that of about 87.13% of stocks in our set with positive earnings.
- The price/operating cash flow metric for XYLEM INC is higher than 88.9% of stocks in our set with a positive cash flow.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to XYLEM INC are PNR, FTV, OC, BAX, and CW.
- XYL's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit XYLEM INC's official web site, go to www.xylem.com.
XYL Valuation Summary
- XYL's price/sales ratio is 3.8; this is 100% higher than that of the median Industrials stock.
- XYL's price/sales ratio has moved up 2.4 over the prior 148 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for XYL.
XYL Growth Metrics
- The 2 year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at 17.22%.
- Its 2 year price growth rate is now at 38.82%.
- Its 3 year revenue growth rate is now at -0.31%.
The table below shows XYL's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
XYL's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- XYL has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 80.06% of graded US stocks.
- XYL's asset turnover comes in at 0.613 -- ranking 65th of 104 Machinery stocks.
- IEX, ALG, and SOI are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with XYL.
The table below shows XYL's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
Xylem Inc. (XYL) Company Bio
Xylem Inc. is a large American water technology provider, in public utility, residential, commercial, agricultural and industrial settings. The company does business in more than 150 countries. Launched in 2011 as the spinoff of the water-related businesses of ITT Corporation, Xylem is headquartered in Rye Brook, New York, with 2018 revenues of $5.2 billion and 17,000 employees worldwide. (Source:Wikipedia)
XYL Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
XYL Latest Social Stream
View Full XYL Social Stream
Latest XYL News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about XYLEM INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate XYL as an investment opportunity.
Xylem (XYL) reported earnings 30 days ago. What's next for the stock? We take a look at earnings estimates for some clues.
Nairobi Water Project Tops Fan Vote in Xylem and City Football Foundation’s ‘2023 Water Heroes Academy’
WASHINGTON, November 29, 2023--Nairobi Water Project Tops Fan Vote in Xylem and City Football Foundation’s ‘2023 Water Heroes Academy’
Some 70% of the Earth is covered by oceans.
Amid the geopolitical tensions and flashpoints that we’re witnessing, investors may want to take that as a clue to consider the best water stocks.
Strength in the Measurement & Control Solutions segment and the acquisition of Evoqua bode well for Xylem (XYL). The company's measures to reward its shareholders are encouraging.
XYL Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|