Alleghany Corporation (Y): Price and Financial Metrics
Y Stock Summary
- Y's went public 35.2 years ago, making it older than 92.78% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- With a price/earnings ratio of 86.04, Alleghany Corp P/E ratio is greater than that of about 89.11% of stocks in our set with positive earnings.
- The volatility of Alleghany Corp's share price is greater than that of merely 12.59% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to Y, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are PSO, RNR, ORI, HSIC, and RLI.
- Y's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Alleghany Corp's official web site, go to www.alleghany.com.
Y Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
Y Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$632.87||52-week high||$686.77|
|Prev. close||$625.70||52-week low||$426.87|
|Day high||$635.39||Avg. volume||63,993|
|50-day MA||$608.26||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$560.44||Market Cap||8.86B|
Alleghany Corporation (Y) Company Bio
Alleghany Corporation provides various insurance services in the United States. The company operates in two segments, Reinsurance and Insurance. The company was founded in 1929 and is based in New York, New York.
Y Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
We started the process of determining a valid price forecast for Alleghany Corp with a discounted cash flow analysis -- the results of which can be found in the table below. To summarize, we found that Alleghany Corp ranked in the 57th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Moreover, under all the scenarios we modelled, the output consistently forecasted positive returns. The most interesting components of our discounted cash flow analysis for Alleghany Corp ended up being:
- Alleghany Corp's weighted average cost of capital (WACC) is 9%; for context, that number is higher than merely 22.85% of tickers in our DCF set.
- The company's cost of debt, derived from its interest coverage, tax rate, and market capitalization, is greater than 60.38% of stocks in its sector (Financial Services).
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
Y Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
Y Latest Social Stream
View Full Y Social Stream
Latest Y News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Alleghany Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate Y as an investment opportunity.
Alleghany Corporation (NYSE: Y) announced today that Weston M. Hicks, President and Chief Executive Officer, has elected to retire as Chief Executive Officer and a director of Alleghany at year-end 2021. Joseph P. Brandon, currently Executive Vice President, will succeed Mr. Hicks as Chief Executive Officer and be appointed to the Board of Directors, effective at year-end 2021. Mr. Brandon will succeed Mr. Hicks as President of Alleghany, effective April 23, 2021 upon the conclusion of Alleghany's 2021 Annual Meeting of Stockholders. Ms. Kerry J. Jacobs, currently Senior Vice President and Chief Financial Officer, will succeed Mr. Brandon as Executive Vice President of Alleghany, effective April 23, 2021. Ms. Jacobs will continue as Chief Financial Officer until a successor is identified.
Alleghany Corporation (NYSE:Y) today announced its financial results for the fourth quarter and full year ended December 31, 2020. A complete, full-text news release for Alleghany's 2020 fourth quarter and full year results is available on Alleghany's website at www.alleghany.com and is also contained in a Current Report on Form 8-K that has been filed with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (the "SEC") and is available on the SEC's website at www.sec.gov. In conjunction with the release, Alleghany has also posted its financial supplement to the company's website at www.alleghany.com.
The main point of investing for the long term is to make money. Better yet, you'd like to see the share price move up...
Cincinnati Financial's (CINF) recent 5% hike in dividend reflects its intention to enhance shareholders' value supported by its strong financial position.
Alleghany Corporation (NYSE:Y) today announced that it will release its financial results for the fourth quarter and full year of 2020 after the market closes on Tuesday, February 23, 2021. In conjunction with the release, Alleghany will post its financial supplement to the company's website at www.alleghany.com.
Y Price Returns
Continue Researching YWant to see what other sources are saying about Alleghany Corp's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
Get Free Updates
Join thousands of investors who get the latest news, insights and top rated picks from StockNews.com!