Alleghany Corporation (Y): Price and Financial Metrics
Y Stock Summary
- Alleghany Corp's stock had its IPO on January 1, 1986, making it an older stock than 92.76% of US equities in our set.
- With a price/earnings ratio of 89.16, Alleghany Corp P/E ratio is greater than that of about 89.02% of stocks in our set with positive earnings.
- The volatility of Alleghany Corp's share price is greater than that of only 11.91% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Alleghany Corp, a group of peers worth examining would be PSO, HSIC, RNR, RLI, and ORI.
- Y's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Alleghany Corp's official web site, go to www.alleghany.com.
Y Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
Y Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$646.43||52-week high||$739.47|
|Prev. close||$648.34||52-week low||$426.87|
|Day high||$655.81||Avg. volume||64,426|
|50-day MA||$604.18||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$556.12||Market Cap||9.05B|
Alleghany Corporation (Y) Company Bio
Alleghany Corporation provides various insurance services in the United States. The company operates in two segments, Reinsurance and Insurance. The company was founded in 1929 and is based in New York, New York.
Y Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
The table below illustrates the output of a discounted cash flow forecast using a variety of scenarios for Alleghany Corp. To summarize, we found that Alleghany Corp ranked in the 57th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Specifically, our DCF analysis implies the stock is trading below its fair value by an estimated 18%. In terms of the factors that were most noteworthy in this DCF analysis for Y, they are:
- The company's balance sheet shows it gets 81% of its capital from equity, and 19% of its capital from debt. Its equity weight surpasses that of 59.07% of free cash flow generating stocks in the Financial Services sector.
- Alleghany Corp's weighted average cost of capital (WACC) is 9%; for context, that number is higher than merely 22.96% of tickers in our DCF set.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
Y Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
Y Latest Social Stream
View Full Y Social Stream
Latest Y News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Alleghany Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate Y as an investment opportunity.
Alleghany Corporation (NYSE:Y) today announced its financial results for the fourth quarter and full year ended December 31, 2020. A complete, full-text news release for Alleghany's 2020 fourth quarter and full year results is available on Alleghany's website at www.alleghany.com and is also contained in a Current Report on Form 8-K that has been filed with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (the "SEC") and is available on the SEC's website at www.sec.gov. In conjunction with the release, Alleghany has also posted its financial supplement to the company's website at www.alleghany.com.
The main point of investing for the long term is to make money. Better yet, you'd like to see the share price move up...
Alleghany Corporation (NYSE:Y) today announced that it will release its financial results for the fourth quarter and full year of 2020 after the market closes on Tuesday, February 23, 2021. In conjunction with the release, Alleghany will post its financial supplement to the company's website at www.alleghany.com.
Alleghany (Y) is poised to benefit from improving rates, growth in business lines and solid financial position.
Sociedad Quimica Y Minera seeks to raise $1.1 billion from a share sale to finance its $1.9 billion investment plan for the expansion of its lithium, iodine, and nitrate operations in Chile during 2021-2024. Shares declined 1.7% in Thursday's pre-market trading. Sociedad Quimica Y Minera’s (SQM) plans to expand its lithium carbonate production from 70,000 MT (metric ton) to 180,000 MT and its lithium hydroxide production from 13,500 MT to 30,000 MT. Chile has access to great natural resources like Salar de Atacama and Caliche ore deposits, the company noted. As part of the capital raising plan, the company will seek shareholder approval for the issuance of 22.
Y Price Returns
Continue Researching YWant to see what other sources are saying about Alleghany Corp's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
Get Free Updates
Join thousands of investors who get the latest news, insights and top rated picks from StockNews.com!