Alleghany Corporation (Y): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
Y POWR Grades
- Growth is the dimension where Y ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 82.29% of US stocks.
- Y's strongest trending metric is Momentum; it's been moving up over the last 179 days.
- Y ranks lowest in Stability; there it ranks in the 57th percentile.
Y Stock Summary
- Y's one year PEG ratio, measuring expected growth in earnings next year relative to current common stock price is 2.05 -- higher than just 9.3% of US-listed equities with positive expected earnings growth.
- Y's went public 36.27 years ago, making it older than 92.84% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- In terms of twelve month growth in earnings before interest and taxes, Alleghany Corp is reporting a growth rate of 543.19%; that's higher than 95.98% of US stocks.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Alleghany Corp, a group of peers worth examining would be ORI, PSO, RLI, AEG, and PAG.
- Visit Y's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.alleghany.com.
Y Valuation Summary
- Y's EV/EBIT ratio is 8.6; this is 0% higher than that of the median Financial Services stock.
- Y's EV/EBIT ratio has moved up 6 over the prior 243 months.
- Y's price/sales ratio has moved down 0.2 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for Y.
Y Growth Metrics
- Its 2 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 60.11%.
- Its 4 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at -90.44%.
- Its year over year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 92.17%.
The table below shows Y's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
Y's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- Y has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 56.57% of graded US stocks.
- Y's asset turnover comes in at 0.367 -- ranking 42nd of 133 Insurance stocks.
- ALL, GBLI, and PRI are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with Y.
The table below shows Y's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
Y Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
Y Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$832.27||52-week high||$862.87|
|Prev. close||$832.40||52-week low||$585.10|
|Day high||$834.76||Avg. volume||130,079|
|50-day MA||$833.84||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$723.71||Market Cap||11.20B|
Alleghany Corporation (Y) Company Bio
Alleghany Corporation provides various insurance services in the United States. The company operates in two segments, Reinsurance and Insurance. The company was founded in 1929 and is based in New York, New York.
Most Popular Stories View All
Y Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
Y Latest Social Stream
View Full Y Social Stream
Latest Y News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Alleghany Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate Y as an investment opportunity.
Alleghany press release (Y): Q4 Non-GAAP EPS of $18.46.Revenue of $3.55B (+33.5% Y/Y).
--Alleghany Corporation today announced its financial results for the fourth quarter and full year ended December 31, 2021. Alleghany Corporation owns and supports operating subsidiaries and manages investments, anchored by a core position in property and casualty reinsurance and insurance. Alleghany''s property and casualty subsidiaries include:… The post Alleghany Corporation Reports 2021 Fourth Quarter and Full Year Results – Notice appeared first on InsuranceNewsNet .
NEW YORK, Feb. 23, 2022 /PRNewswire/ -- Alleghany Corporation (NYSE: Y) today announced its financial results for the fourth quarter and full year ended December 31, 2021. A complete, full-text news release for Alleghany''s 2021 fourth quarter and full year results is available on…
ALLEGHANY CORP /DE – 10-K – Managementapos;s Discussion and Analysis of Financial Condition and Results of Operations.
The following is a discussion and analysis of our financial condition and results of operations for the twelve months ended December 31, 2021, 2020 and 2019. This discussion and analysis should be read in conjunction with our audited consolidated financial statements and Notes to Consolidated Financial Statements set forth in Part II, Item 8, "Financial… The post ALLEGHANY CORP /DE – 10-K – Management''s Discussion and Analysis of Financial Condition and Results of Operations. appeared first on InsuranceNewsNet .
Losers page, we’ve identified the top five pre-market stock movers, as detailed below. Biggest Movers Alleghany Corporation (Y), the provider of property and casualty reinsurance and insurance products in the United States and internationally, proved to be the biggest laggard in the pre-market trading session on Friday. The stock plunged around 94% at the time of writing. There is no fundamental news explaining this trading frenzy. Another loser, American TV streaming platform Roku, Inc.
Y Price Returns