Alleghany Corporation (Y): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
Y POWR Grades
- Y scores best on the Sentiment dimension, with a Sentiment rank ahead of 92.39% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for Y is in Momentum, which has been heading up over the past 163 days.
- Y's current lowest rank is in the Growth metric (where it is better than 42.24% of US stocks).
Y Stock Summary
- Y's one year PEG ratio, measuring expected growth in earnings next year relative to current common stock price is 1.02 -- higher than merely 5.42% of US-listed equities with positive expected earnings growth.
- Over the past twelve months, Y has reported earnings growth of 1,306.12%, putting it ahead of 98.23% of US stocks in our set.
- The volatility of Alleghany Corp's share price is greater than that of merely 3.69% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Alleghany Corp, a group of peers worth examining would be RICK, AWX, SCVL, GPC, and KWR.
- Y's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Alleghany Corp's official web site, go to www.alleghany.com.
Y Valuation Summary
- Y's EV/EBIT ratio is 8.6; this is 0% higher than that of the median Financial Services stock.
- Y's EV/EBIT ratio has moved up 6 over the prior 243 months.
- Y's price/sales ratio has moved down 0.2 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for Y.
Y Growth Metrics
- Its 2 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at -49.92%.
- Its 4 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 421.8%.
- Its 4 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 205.09%.
The table below shows Y's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
Y's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- Y has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 56.57% of graded US stocks.
- Y's asset turnover comes in at 0.367 -- ranking 42nd of 133 Insurance stocks.
- ALL, GBLI, and PRI are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with Y.
The table below shows Y's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
Y Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
Y Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$652.40||52-week high||$737.89|
|Prev. close||$661.50||52-week low||$563.47|
|Day high||$666.42||Avg. volume||64,957|
|50-day MA||$671.52||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$671.86||Market Cap||8.94B|
Alleghany Corporation (Y) Company Bio
Alleghany Corporation provides various insurance services in the United States. The company operates in two segments, Reinsurance and Insurance. The company was founded in 1929 and is based in New York, New York.
Most Popular Stories View All
Y Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
Y Latest Social Stream
View Full Y Social Stream
Latest Y News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Alleghany Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate Y as an investment opportunity.
Investment company Benson Investment Management Company, Inc. (Current Portfolio) buys Cisco Systems Inc, Constellation Brands Inc, Air Products & Chemicals Inc, Starbucks Corp, AT&T Inc, sells Meta Platforms Inc, Citigroup Inc, Comcast Corp, Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp, Deere during the 3-months ended 2021Q4, according to the most recent filings of the investment company, Benson Investment Management Company, Inc..
A Raleigh-based hospitality company recently sold two Triangle hotels to a hospitality trust based in Singapore. Concord Hospitality Enterprises sold a pair of Marriott branded hotels to LLCs affiliated with ARA U.
Jazwares, a global leader in toys and licensing, today announced that Jeremy Padawer joins the c-suite as Chief Brand Officer, effective immediately. Padawer is a toy industry veteran with deep expertise in brand development across multiple toy categories including collectibles, as well as an experienced executive in e-commerce and animated content. Padawer has been instrumental in Jazwares' growth since joining the company in 2019 when Jazwares acquired Wicked Cool Toys. In this newly created r
Alleghany Capital Corporation ("Alleghany Capital"), a wholly-owned subsidiary of Alleghany Corporation, announced that its subsidiary, Wilbert Funeral Services, Inc. ("Wilbert"), a leading provider of products and services for the funeral and cemetery industries and precast concrete markets, acquired Memorial Monuments & Vaults, Inc. ("Memorial Monuments") on December 29, 2021. Headquartered in Meridian, Idaho, Memorial Monuments is a provider of monuments and related funeral services to retail
Alleghany Corporation (NYSE: Y) today confirmed that President Joseph P. Brandon assumed the additional role of Chief Executive Officer and was appointed to the Board of Directors effective December 31, 2021, consistent with the company's previously announced succession plan. Mr. Brandon succeeds Weston M. Hicks.
Y Price Returns