The York Water Company (YORW): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
YORW POWR Grades
- Momentum is the dimension where YORW ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 95.03% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for YORW is in Value, which has been heading down over the past 177 days.
- YORW's current lowest rank is in the Value metric (where it is better than 2.68% of US stocks).
YORW Stock Summary
- YORW's one year PEG ratio, measuring expected growth in earnings next year relative to current common stock price is 947.38 -- higher than 97.15% of US-listed equities with positive expected earnings growth.
- With a price/sales ratio of 11.08, YORK WATER CO has a higher such ratio than 89.54% of stocks in our set.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, YORW is more volatile than just 9.35% of stocks we're observing.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to YORW, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are SJW, POR, AGO, UHT, and LUMN.
- YORW's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit YORK WATER CO's official web site, go to www.yorkwater.com.
YORW Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Utilities stock, YORW's price/sales ratio is 455% higher, now standing at 11.1.
- Over the past 243 months, YORW's price/sales ratio has gone up 6.1.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for YORW.
YORW Growth Metrics
- The 2 year price growth rate now stands at -6.11%.
- Its year over year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at -1.79%.
- The 4 year revenue growth rate now stands at 10.56%.
The table below shows YORW's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
YORW's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- YORW has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 67.21% of graded US stocks.
- YORW's asset turnover comes in at 0.133 -- ranking 91st of 105 Utilities stocks.
- PPL, ORA, and NEE are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with YORW.
The table below shows YORW's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
YORW Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
YORW Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$45.60||52-week high||$47.95|
|Prev. close||$45.55||52-week low||$36.85|
|Day high||$45.70||Avg. volume||35,111|
|50-day MA||$45.36||Dividend yield||1.78%|
|200-day MA||$42.52||Market Cap||650.99M|
The York Water Company (YORW) Company Bio
The York Water Company impounds, purifies, and distributes drinking water. It owns and operates two wastewater collection and treatment systems. The company was founded in 1816 and is based in York, Pennsylvania.
Most Popular Stories View All
YORW Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
YORW Latest Social Stream
View Full YORW Social Stream
Latest YORW News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about YORK WATER CO that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate YORW as an investment opportunity.
York Water (YORW) could be a great choice for investors looking to make a profit from fundamentally strong stocks that are currently on the move. It is one of the several stocks that made it through our "Recent Price Strength" screen.
If we want to find a potential multi-bagger, often there are underlying trends that can provide clues. Firstly, we'd...
Rate request recognizes York Water’s $176 million investment to improve the communities’ water and wastewater infrastructureYORK, Pa., Jan. 12, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- JT Hand, President and CEO of The York Water Company (Nasdaq: YORW) announced today that the Pennsylvania Public Utility Commission (PPUC) approved a joint settlement agreement at its January 12, 2023, public meeting, allowing an increase in base rates for water and wastewater customers of The York Water Company. The approved rat
Great news for The York Water Company (NASDAQ:YORW): Insiders acquired stock in large numbers last year
It is usually uneventful when a single insider buys stock. However, When quite a few insiders buy shares, as it...
With geopolitical dynamics making the world’s most precious resource that much rarer, these are the hottest water stocks to own.
YORW Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|