Olympic Steel, Inc. (ZEUS): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
ZEUS POWR Grades
- ZEUS scores best on the Growth dimension, with a Growth rank ahead of 97.72% of US stocks.
- ZEUS's strongest trending metric is Momentum; it's been moving up over the last 52 weeks.
- ZEUS's current lowest rank is in the Stability metric (where it is better than 28.66% of US stocks).
ZEUS Stock Summary
- ZEUS's one year PEG ratio, measuring expected growth in earnings next year relative to current common stock price is 0.01 -- higher than only 0.26% of US-listed equities with positive expected earnings growth.
- ZEUS's price/sales ratio is 0.17; that's higher than the P/S ratio of merely 1.77% of US stocks.
- In terms of twelve month growth in earnings before interest and taxes, Olympic Steel Inc is reporting a growth rate of 59,744.7%; that's higher than 99.95% of US stocks.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to ZEUS, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are MDWT, FLGT, LAZR, GOEV, and RMO.
- Visit ZEUS's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.olysteel.com.
ZEUS Valuation Summary
- ZEUS's EV/EBIT ratio is 7.3; this is 51.97% lower than that of the median Basic Materials stock.
- ZEUS's price/sales ratio has moved up 0.1 over the prior 243 months.
- Over the past 243 months, ZEUS's price/sales ratio has gone up 0.1.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for ZEUS.
ZEUS Growth Metrics
- Its 5 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 229.43%.
- Its year over year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 57.25%.
- Its year over year revenue growth rate is now at -9.72%.
The table below shows ZEUS's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
ZEUS's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- ZEUS has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 69.17% of graded US stocks.
- ZEUS's asset turnover comes in at 2.288 -- ranking 29th of 105 Wholesale stocks.
- RYI, GWW, and EDUC are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with ZEUS.
The table below shows ZEUS's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
ZEUS Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
ZEUS Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$27.27||52-week high||$40.00|
|Prev. close||$25.62||52-week low||$11.22|
|Day high||$27.50||Avg. volume||111,204|
|50-day MA||$25.67||Dividend yield||0.31%|
|200-day MA||$26.45||Market Cap||302.07M|
Olympic Steel, Inc. (ZEUS) Company Bio
Olympic Steel processes and distributes metal products in the United States, Canada, Puerto Rico, Mexico, and internationally. It operates in two segments, Flat Products, and Tubular and Pipe Products. The company was founded in 1954 and is based in Bedford Heights, Ohio.
Most Popular Stories View All
ZEUS Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
ZEUS Latest Social Stream
View Full ZEUS Social Stream
Latest ZEUS News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Olympic Steel Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate ZEUS as an investment opportunity.
Olympic Steel (ZEUS) has an impressive earnings surprise history and currently possesses the right combination of the two key ingredients for a likely beat in its next quarterly report.
CLEVELAND, October 12, 2021--Olympic Steel Inc. (Nasdaq: ZEUS), a leading national metals service center, today announced that James D. Esway has joined the Company as General Manager of the organization’s facilities in Buford and Winder, Georgia.
Webcast Alert: Olympic Steel to Announce Third-Quarter 2021 Financial Results After Market Closes on November 4, 2021
CLEVELAND, October 07, 2021--Olympic Steel, Inc. (Nasdaq: ZEUS), a leading national metals service center, intends to release its third-quarter 2021 financial results after the market closes on November 4, 2021. A webcast to discuss these results will be held on Friday, November 5, 2021 at 10:00 a.m. Eastern Time.
The deal comes two weeks after Olympic Steel sold its Detroit assets and operations for $58.4 million.
CLEVELAND, October 01, 2021--Olympic Steel Inc. (Nasdaq: ZEUS), a leading national metals service center, today announced that it has acquired the assets of Shaw Stainless & Alloy, Inc. ("Shaw"). The all-cash purchase is immediately accretive. Terms were not disclosed.
ZEUS Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|