Olympic Steel, Inc. (ZEUS): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
ZEUS POWR Grades
- Value is the dimension where ZEUS ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 93.75% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for ZEUS is in Stability, which has been heading up over the past 179 days.
- ZEUS's current lowest rank is in the Growth metric (where it is better than 33.39% of US stocks).
ZEUS Stock Summary
- The capital turnover (annual revenue relative to shareholder's equity) for ZEUS is 5.4 -- better than 91.95% of US stocks.
- ZEUS's current price/earnings ratio is 1.76, which is higher than merely 2.29% of US stocks with positive earnings.
- ZEUS's price/sales ratio is 0.09; that's higher than the P/S ratio of merely 2.12% of US stocks.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to ZEUS, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are VLGEA, ELA, SSY, WHLM, and SIF.
- ZEUS's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit OLYMPIC STEEL INC's official web site, go to www.olysteel.com.
ZEUS Valuation Summary
- ZEUS's price/earnings ratio is 1.8; this is 82.35% lower than that of the median Basic Materials stock.
- Over the past 243 months, ZEUS's price/sales ratio has gone down 0.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for ZEUS.
ZEUS Growth Metrics
- The 4 year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at 159.94%.
- The 3 year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at 383.42%.
- Its 2 year revenue growth rate is now at 71.12%.
The table below shows ZEUS's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
ZEUS's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- ZEUS has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 69.16% of graded US stocks.
- ZEUS's asset turnover comes in at 2.288 -- ranking 29th of 105 Wholesale stocks.
- RYI, EDUC, and CAPL are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with ZEUS.
The table below shows ZEUS's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
ZEUS Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
ZEUS Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$24.87||52-week high||$43.18|
|Prev. close||$24.26||52-week low||$19.92|
|Day high||$25.37||Avg. volume||87,935|
|50-day MA||$27.26||Dividend yield||1.45%|
|200-day MA||$28.85||Market Cap||276.75M|
Olympic Steel, Inc. (ZEUS) Company Bio
Olympic Steel processes and distributes metal products in the United States, Canada, Puerto Rico, Mexico, and internationally. It operates in two segments, Flat Products, and Tubular and Pipe Products. The company was founded in 1954 and is based in Bedford Heights, Ohio.
Most Popular Stories View All
ZEUS Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
ZEUS Latest Social Stream
View Full ZEUS Social Stream
Latest ZEUS News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about OLYMPIC STEEL INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate ZEUS as an investment opportunity.
Investing in stocks, in its simplest form, is about finding cheap stocks to buy and selling them once they’re at higher prices. The stock market has been volatile in 2022, and chances are it will remain that way throughout the year. After the fears of rising interest rates, we now face the risk of a recession. Cheap stocks are suitable in this context, as they can rally when the broader investor sentiment is positive; that means investors are pouring capital into the market, beating inflation an
In this article, we will discuss how hedge funds were right about these 10 small-cap stocks. To skip our detailed analysis of well-performing industries in 2022, go directly and see Hedge Funds Were Right About These 5 Small-Cap Stocks. With the threat of a global recession looming over their heads, investors are having a tough […]
What trends should we look for it we want to identify stocks that can multiply in value over the long term? Amongst...
Here at Zacks, our focus is on the proven Zacks Rank system, which emphasizes earnings estimates and estimate revisions to find great stocks. Nevertheless, we are always paying attention to the latest value, growth, and momentum trends to underscore strong picks.
CLEVELAND, August 04, 2022--Olympic Steel, Inc. (Nasdaq: ZEUS), a leading national metals service center, today announced financial results for the three months ended June 30, 2022.
ZEUS Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|