Olympic Steel, Inc. (ZEUS): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
ZEUS POWR Grades
- ZEUS scores best on the Momentum dimension, with a Momentum rank ahead of 95.53% of US stocks.
- ZEUS's strongest trending metric is Quality; it's been moving down over the last 179 days.
- ZEUS's current lowest rank is in the Stability metric (where it is better than 31.08% of US stocks).
ZEUS Stock Summary
- With a one year PEG ratio of 0.01, Olympic Steel Inc is expected to have a higher PEG ratio (a measure of how expensive a stock is relative to its expected earnings growth) than just 0.15% of US stocks.
- With a price/sales ratio of 0.18, Olympic Steel Inc has a higher such ratio than merely 2.39% of stocks in our set.
- In terms of twelve month growth in earnings before interest and taxes, Olympic Steel Inc is reporting a growth rate of 34,386%; that's higher than 99.86% of US stocks.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Olympic Steel Inc are WBA, APO, CTRM, IGT, and PBA.
- ZEUS's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Olympic Steel Inc's official web site, go to www.olysteel.com.
ZEUS Valuation Summary
- ZEUS's EV/EBIT ratio is 7.3; this is 51.97% lower than that of the median Basic Materials stock.
- ZEUS's price/sales ratio has moved up 0.1 over the prior 243 months.
- Over the past 243 months, ZEUS's price/sales ratio has gone up 0.1.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for ZEUS.
ZEUS Growth Metrics
- Its year over year price growth rate is now at 228.49%.
- Its 3 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 198.57%.
- The 2 year revenue growth rate now stands at 8.47%.
The table below shows ZEUS's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
ZEUS's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- ZEUS has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 69.16% of graded US stocks.
- ZEUS's asset turnover comes in at 2.288 -- ranking 29th of 105 Wholesale stocks.
- RYI, EDUC, and CAPL are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with ZEUS.
The table below shows ZEUS's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
ZEUS Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
ZEUS Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$35.18||52-week high||$43.18|
|Prev. close||$34.65||52-week low||$19.92|
|Day high||$35.42||Avg. volume||101,168|
|50-day MA||$35.46||Dividend yield||1.02%|
|200-day MA||$27.58||Market Cap||391.48M|
Olympic Steel, Inc. (ZEUS) Company Bio
Olympic Steel processes and distributes metal products in the United States, Canada, Puerto Rico, Mexico, and internationally. It operates in two segments, Flat Products, and Tubular and Pipe Products. The company was founded in 1954 and is based in Bedford Heights, Ohio.
Most Popular Stories View All
ZEUS Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
ZEUS Latest Social Stream
View Full ZEUS Social Stream
Latest ZEUS News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Olympic Steel Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate ZEUS as an investment opportunity.
Olympic Steel, Inc. (ZEUS) Q4 2021 Earnings Conference Call Feb 25, 2022, 10:00 AM ET Company Participants Richard Marabito - CEO Richard Manson - CFO Andrew Greiff - President & COO Conference Call Participants Marco Rodriguez - Stonegate Capital Markets Philip Gibbs - KeyBanc Capital Markets Chris Sakai - Singular...
Olympic Steel (ZEUS) delivered earnings and revenue surprises of 28.57% and 3.15%, respectively, for the quarter ended December 2021. Do the numbers hold clues to what lies ahead for the stock?
CLEVELAND, February 24, 2022--Olympic Steel, Inc. (Nasdaq: ZEUS), a leading national metals service center, today announced record results for the three and 12 months ended December 31, 2021.
Zacks Industry Outlook Highlights Gerdau, Commercial Metals, Olympic Steel and Universal Stainless & Alloy Products
Gerdau, Commercial Metals, Olympic Steel and Universal Stainless & Alloy Products are included in this Industry Outlook blog.
Strong demand across major end-markets and still-elevated steel prices should enable the Zacks Steel Producers industry to thrive. GGB, CMC, ZEUS and USAP are set to gain from favorable industry fundamentals.
ZEUS Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|