Olympic Steel, Inc. (ZEUS): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
ZEUS POWR Grades
- Value is the dimension where ZEUS ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 97.49% of US stocks.
- ZEUS's strongest trending metric is Quality; it's been moving up over the last 179 days.
- ZEUS's current lowest rank is in the Growth metric (where it is better than 15.39% of US stocks).
ZEUS Stock Summary
- OLYMPIC STEEL INC's capital turnover -- a measure of revenue relative to shareholder's equity -- is better than 91.41% of US listed stocks.
- ZEUS's current price/earnings ratio is 4.4, which is higher than just 8.22% of US stocks with positive earnings.
- ZEUS's price/sales ratio is 0.18; that's higher than the P/S ratio of only 3.9% of US stocks.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to ZEUS, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are VLGEA, ELA, IMKTA, SFM, and CTRN.
- ZEUS's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit OLYMPIC STEEL INC's official web site, go to www.olysteel.com.
ZEUS Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Basic Materials stock, ZEUS's price/earnings ratio is 68.42% lower, now standing at 4.2.
- Over the past 243 months, ZEUS's price/earnings ratio has gone up 21.4.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for ZEUS.
ZEUS Growth Metrics
- Its 5 year price growth rate is now at -55.48%.
- Its 3 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at -1188.16%.
- Its 3 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 383.42%.
The table below shows ZEUS's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
ZEUS's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- ZEUS has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 69.16% of graded US stocks.
- ZEUS's asset turnover comes in at 2.288 -- ranking 29th of 105 Wholesale stocks.
- RYI, EDUC, and CAPL are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with ZEUS.
The table below shows ZEUS's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
ZEUS Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
ZEUS Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$44.24||52-week high||$44.25|
|Prev. close||$42.50||52-week low||$20.88|
|Day high||$44.25||Avg. volume||89,380|
|50-day MA||$35.90||Dividend yield||0.81%|
|200-day MA||$30.77||Market Cap||492.39M|
Olympic Steel, Inc. (ZEUS) Company Bio
Olympic Steel processes and distributes metal products in the United States, Canada, Puerto Rico, Mexico, and internationally. It operates in two segments, Flat Products, and Tubular and Pipe Products. The company was founded in 1954 and is based in Bedford Heights, Ohio.
Most Popular Stories View All
ZEUS Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
ZEUS Latest Social Stream
View Full ZEUS Social Stream
Latest ZEUS News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about OLYMPIC STEEL INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate ZEUS as an investment opportunity.
Olympic Steel (ZEUS) closed at $41.09 in the latest trading session, marking a -0.46% move from the prior day.
Webcast Alert: Olympic Steel to Announce Fourth-Quarter 2022 Financial Results After Market Closes on February 23, 2023
CLEVELAND, January 24, 2023--Olympic Steel, Inc. (Nasdaq: ZEUS), a leading national metals service center, intends to release its fourth-quarter 2022 financial results after the market closes on February 23, 2023. A webcast to discuss these results will be held on Friday, February 24, 2023 at 10:00 a.m. Eastern Time.
Sherwin-Williams (SHW) gains on favorable demand in North America and its pricing and expansion actions amid challenges from higher raw material costs and demand slowdown in Europe and China.
Ashland (ASH) gains on strong demand in most consumer end markets and its pricing and mix improvement actions.
Huntsman (HUN) benefits from its actions to grow its downstream specialty and formulation businesses and synergies of acquisitions.
ZEUS Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|