Applied Materials Inc. (AMAT): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
AMAT POWR Grades
- AMAT scores best on the Sentiment dimension, with a Sentiment rank ahead of 85.68% of US stocks.
- AMAT's strongest trending metric is Growth; it's been moving down over the last 177 days.
- AMAT ranks lowest in Growth; there it ranks in the 27th percentile.
AMAT Stock Summary
- AMAT has a market capitalization of $71,354,059,728 -- more than approximately 97.39% of US stocks.
- APPLIED MATERIALS INC's stock had its IPO on January 1, 1986, making it an older stock than 93.22% of US equities in our set.
- Of note is the ratio of APPLIED MATERIALS INC's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; only 16.08% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to APPLIED MATERIALS INC, a group of peers worth examining would be LRCX, REGN, VRTX, MU, and CDNS.
- Visit AMAT's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.appliedmaterials.com.
AMAT Valuation Summary
- AMAT's price/sales ratio is 3; this is 15.38% higher than that of the median Technology stock.
- AMAT's price/sales ratio has moved down 0.7 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for AMAT.
AMAT Growth Metrics
- The year over year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at 23.32%.
- The 2 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at -36.92%.
- The year over year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at 52.44%.
The table below shows AMAT's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
AMAT's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- AMAT has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 85.5% of graded US stocks.
- AMAT's asset turnover comes in at 0.918 -- ranking 55th of 208 Electronic Equipment stocks.
- BDR, MPWR, and ADI are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with AMAT.
The table below shows AMAT's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
AMAT Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
AMAT Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$82.94||52-week high||$167.06|
|Prev. close||$84.29||52-week low||$82.67|
|Day high||$85.58||Avg. volume||7,939,103|
|50-day MA||$98.83||Dividend yield||1.25%|
|200-day MA||$118.10||Market Cap||71.35B|
Applied Materials Inc. (AMAT) Company Bio
Applied Materials, Inc. is an American corporation that supplies equipment, services and software for the manufacture of semiconductor (integrated circuit) chips for electronics, flat panel displays for computers, smartphones and televisions, and solar products. The company also supplies equipment to produce coatings for flexible electronics, packaging and other applications. The company is headquartered in Santa Clara, California, in Silicon Valley. (Source:Wikipedia)
Most Popular Stories View All
AMAT Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
AMAT Latest Social Stream
View Full AMAT Social Stream
Latest AMAT News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about APPLIED MATERIALS INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate AMAT as an investment opportunity.
Applied Materials (NASDAQ:AMAT) sheds 5.2% this week, as yearly returns fall more in line with earnings growth
It might be of some concern to shareholders to see the Applied Materials, Inc. ( NASDAQ:AMAT ) share price down 17% in...
Susquehanna analyst Mehdi Hosseini reiterated a Hold rating on Applied Materials (AMAT - Research Report) today and set a price target of $115.00. The company's shares closed yesterday at $85.04.According to TipRanks, Hosseini is a 5-star analyst with an average return of 11.3% and a 54.14% success rate. Hosseini covers the Technology sector, focusing on stocks such as Micron, Super Micro Computer, and Corning.Applied Materials has an analyst consensus of Strong Buy, with a price target consensus of $131.80.See the top stocks recommended by analysts >>The company has a one-year high of $165.93 and a one-year low of $82.46. Currently, Applied Materials has an average volume of 6.91M.
Applied Materials (AMAT) closed at $84.29 in the latest trading session, marking a -0.88% move from the prior day.
Applied Materials is honored to see its Taiwan team awarded for “Excellence in CSR” by Commonwealth Magazine. Applied’s Taiwan operations ranked #6 in the “Foreign Enterprise” category for 2022, mo...
In this article, we discuss semiconductor stocks and the 10 biggest losers in September. If you want to read about some more semiconductor stocks, go directly to Semiconductor Stocks: 5 Biggest Losers in September. Semiconductor stocks have started free falling as recession fears and concerns about softening demand hit the industry. The worsening macro environment […]
AMAT Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|