Amgen Inc. (AMGN): Price and Financial Metrics
AMGN Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$270.68||52-week high||$288.46|
|Prev. close||$272.45||52-week low||$211.71|
|Day high||$273.31||Avg. volume||2,448,424|
|50-day MA||$270.17||Dividend yield||3.13%|
|200-day MA||$246.54||Market Cap||144.86B|
AMGN Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
AMGN POWR Grades
- Quality is the dimension where AMGN ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 96.14% of US stocks.
- AMGN's strongest trending metric is Sentiment; it's been moving up over the last 177 days.
- AMGN's current lowest rank is in the Momentum metric (where it is better than 6.74% of US stocks).
AMGN Stock Summary
- With a market capitalization of $143,058,438,397, AMGEN INC has a greater market value than 98.71% of US stocks.
- AMGEN INC's stock had its IPO on January 1, 1986, making it an older stock than 93.05% of US equities in our set.
- Equity multiplier, or assets relative to shareholders' equity, comes in at 14.27 for AMGEN INC; that's greater than it is for 95.58% of US stocks.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to AMGN, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are PFE, TXN, GILD, RTX, and NFLX.
- Visit AMGN's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.amgen.com.
AMGN Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Healthcare stock, AMGN's price/sales ratio is 217.65% higher, now standing at 5.4.
- Over the past 243 months, AMGN's price/sales ratio has gone down 4.4.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for AMGN.
AMGN Growth Metrics
- The 3 year revenue growth rate now stands at 10.8%.
- The 3 year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at -10.5%.
- Its 2 year revenue growth rate is now at 9.81%.
The table below shows AMGN's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
AMGN's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- AMGN has a Quality Grade of A, ranking ahead of 98.04% of graded US stocks.
- AMGN's asset turnover comes in at 0.412 -- ranking 113th of 682 Pharmaceutical Products stocks.
- UTHR, NBY, and AERI are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with AMGN.
The table below shows AMGN's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
Amgen Inc. (AMGN) Company Bio
Amgen Inc. (formerly Applied Molecular Genetics Inc.) is an American multinational biopharmaceutical company headquartered in Thousand Oaks, California. One of the world's largest independent biotechnology companies, Amgen was established in Thousand Oaks, California, in 1980. Amgen's Thousand Oaks staff in 2017 numbered 5,125 (7.5% of total city employment) and included hundreds of scientists, making Amgen the largest employer in Ventura County. Focused on molecular biology and biochemistry, its goal is to provide a healthcare business based on recombinant DNA technology. (Source:Wikipedia)
AMGN Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
AMGN Latest Social Stream
View Full AMGN Social Stream
Latest AMGN News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about AMGEN INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate AMGN as an investment opportunity.
Amgen (NASDAQ:AMGN) will present at the Evercore ISI HealthCONx Conference at 9:10 a.m. EST on Wednesday, Nov. 29, 2023. Peter H. Griffith, executive vice president and chief financial officer at Amgen, and Paul Burton, senior vice president and chief medical officer at Amgen will present at the conference. The webcast will be broadcast over the internet simultaneously and will be available to members of the news media, investors and the general public.
In this article, we discuss billionaire Steve Cohen’s top high-dividend stock picks. You can skip our detailed analysis of Point72 Asset Management’s holding and recent developments, and go directly to read Billionaire Steven Cohen’s Top 5 High Dividend Stock Picks. Steve Cohen is a prominent figure in the world of finance and investing, known for […]
In this article, we will look into the 20 most valuable healthcare companies in the world. If you want to skip our detailed analysis, you can go directly to the 5 Most Valuable Healthcare Companies in the World. Healthcare Services Industry: A Market Analysis According to a report by Verified Market Research, the global healthcare […]
In this article, we will take a look at the 18 best-performing Dow stocks in 2023. To see more such companies, go directly to 5 Best-Performing Dow Stocks in 2023. The economy and stock markets have defied almost every prediction and estimate in 2023. When the year started there was almost a consensus among notable […]
Zacks.com users have recently been watching Amgen (AMGN) quite a bit. Thus, it is worth knowing the facts that could determine the stock's prospects.
AMGN Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|