Chevron Corporation (CVX): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
CVX POWR Grades
- CVX scores best on the Growth dimension, with a Growth rank ahead of 97.87% of US stocks.
- CVX's strongest trending metric is Momentum; it's been moving up over the last 52 weeks.
- CVX ranks lowest in Value; there it ranks in the 8th percentile.
CVX Stock Summary
- With a market capitalization of $225,905,512,848, Chevron Corp has a greater market value than 99.09% of US stocks.
- CVX's went public 35.93 years ago, making it older than 92.76% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- Of note is the ratio of Chevron Corp's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; merely 6.65% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Chevron Corp are VZ, DHR, CMCSA, ABT, and PEP.
- CVX's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Chevron Corp's official web site, go to www.chevron.com.
CVX Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Energy stock, CVX's price/earnings ratio is 161.69% higher, now standing at 52.6.
- Over the past 243 months, CVX's price/sales ratio has gone up 0.5.
- Over the past 243 months, CVX's EV/EBIT ratio has gone up 29.7.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for CVX.
CVX Growth Metrics
- The 5 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at -22.95%.
- Its 4 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at -0.82%.
- Its 4 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 47.6%.
The table below shows CVX's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
CVX's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- CVX has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 72.57% of graded US stocks.
- CVX's asset turnover comes in at 0.504 -- ranking 49th of 137 Petroleum and Natural Gas stocks.
- MRO, BDCO, and TREC are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with CVX.
The table below shows CVX's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
CVX Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CVX Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$114.51||52-week high||$118.08|
|Prev. close||$117.19||52-week low||$83.53|
|Day high||$114.83||Avg. volume||10,456,465|
|50-day MA||$109.55||Dividend yield||4.68%|
|200-day MA||$104.70||Market Cap||220.74B|
Chevron Corporation (CVX) Company Bio
Chevron engages in the petroleum, chemicals, and power and energy operations worldwide. The company operates in two segments, Upstream and Downstream. The company was founded in 1879 and is based in San Ramon, California.
Most Popular Stories View All
CVX Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CVX Latest Social Stream
View Full CVX Social Stream
Latest CVX News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Chevron Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CVX as an investment opportunity.
Chevron (NYSE:CVX) has resumed production at the 5.2M metric tons/year Gorgon LNG Train 1 plant offshore Western Australia after completing repairs of piping associated with the dehydration unit, S&P Global Platts reports. The unit was shut 10 days ago as a precaution after a minor gas leak was detected, prompting concerns about...
Tiaa Fsb reduced its stake in shares of Chevron Co. (NYSE:CVX) by 1.2% in the 3rd quarter, according to its most recent disclosure with the Securities and Exchange Commission. The firm owned 232,503 shares of the oil and gas companys stock after selling 2,728 shares during the period. Tiaa Fsbs holdings in Chevron were worth 
Chevron said production at its Gorgon liquefied natural gas plant off Western Australia has resumed after it discovered a minor gas leak at one of its three processing units, called trains, nearly two weeks ago. The leak was detected on piping associated with the dehydration unit on Train 1 and the unit was shut down as a precautionary measure, Chevron said on Nov. 17. "Production at Gorgon LNG Train 1 has resumed following the completion of repair work," Chevron said in a statement.
Market selloff: 'I don't see this as a buying opportunity' amid 'overvalued' market, strategist explains
Chapwood Investments Managing Partner Ed Butowsky shares his views on Friday's market selloff, asserting an "overvalued" market and providing areas that investors should avoid.
Raymond James Analyst Pavel Molchanov assess crude oils' trading performances being attributed to the South African COVID variant.
CVX Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|