Chevron Corporation (CVX): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
CVX POWR Grades
- Momentum is the dimension where CVX ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 99.98% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for CVX is in Growth, which has been heading down over the past 179 days.
- CVX ranks lowest in Value; there it ranks in the 3rd percentile.
CVX Stock Summary
- CHEVRON CORP's market capitalization of $281,224,659,727 is ahead of 99.62% of US-listed equities.
- Of note is the ratio of CHEVRON CORP's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; only 6.42% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- In terms of twelve month growth in earnings before interest and taxes, CHEVRON CORP is reporting a growth rate of 543.23%; that's higher than 96.73% of US stocks.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to CVX, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are XOM, BABA, ABBV, LLY, and MA.
- Visit CVX's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.chevron.com.
CVX Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Energy stock, CVX's price/earnings ratio is 3.96% lower, now standing at 9.7.
- CVX's price/sales ratio has moved up 0.7 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for CVX.
CVX Growth Metrics
- Its 5 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 110.02%.
- Its 3 year price growth rate is now at 44%.
- Its 5 year revenue growth rate is now at 24.76%.
The table below shows CVX's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
CVX's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- CVX has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 72.57% of graded US stocks.
- CVX's asset turnover comes in at 0.504 -- ranking 49th of 137 Petroleum and Natural Gas stocks.
- MRO, BDCO, and TREC are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with CVX.
The table below shows CVX's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
CVX Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CVX Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$158.53||52-week high||$182.40|
|Prev. close||$157.63||52-week low||$103.58|
|Day high||$159.73||Avg. volume||12,628,464|
|50-day MA||$156.08||Dividend yield||3.58%|
|200-day MA||$152.10||Market Cap||311.48B|
Chevron Corporation (CVX) Company Bio
Chevron engages in the petroleum, chemicals, and power and energy operations worldwide. The company operates in two segments, Upstream and Downstream. The company was founded in 1879 and is based in San Ramon, California.
Most Popular Stories View All
CVX Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CVX Latest Social Stream
View Full CVX Social Stream
Latest CVX News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about CHEVRON CORP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CVX as an investment opportunity.
The benchmark Crude WTI continues to build up on solid gains made yesterday and is up 0.85% to $84.34 today at 5.26 a.m. EST. The black gold is on an uptick owing to the OPEC+ weighing a production cut of 1 million barrels a day or more and the possibility of an escalated confrontation between Ukraine and Russia after the latter held referendums in four Ukrainian regions. U.S. natural gas too is up 0.39% to $6.50 today but is still down nearly 27.6% over the past month.
The benchmark Crude WTI is up 4.40% to $82.98 today at 6.27 a.m. EST, on the back of the OPEC+ weighing a production cut of 1 million barrels a day or more. The move comes after a nearly 25% slide in oil prices from June highs. The development is a second consecutive production cut by the consortium in as many months and an expected drop in Russian oil supply could support oil prices as well. Nonetheless, global recession worries could be a counter force in this dynamic. U.S. natural gas though is down 1.96% to $6.63 today.
There are lots of discounts for investors seeking long-term stocks to buy right now.
Energy stocks once again are on the radar as the oil cartel OPEC Plus intends to cut production, possibly imposing political costs.
Shares of large-cap oil and gas producers Chevron (NYSE: CVX), Occidental Petroleum (NYSE: OXY), and Devon Energy (NYSE: DVN) were in rally mode today, up 5%, 5.4%, and 7.9%, respectively, as of 11:24 a.m. ET. While many stocks were higher today, oil and gas stocks were particularly strong ahead of the upcoming OPEC+ meeting this week. Over the weekend, The Wall Street Journal reported OPEC+ participants would discuss production cuts at the upcoming meeting to offset falling prices, with the potential for a surprisingly large cut in the offing.
CVX Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|