Chevron Corporation (CVX): Price and Financial Metrics
CVX Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$168.62||52-week high||$189.68|
|Prev. close||$170.59||52-week low||$142.49|
|Day high||$170.50||Avg. volume||7,938,684|
|50-day MA||$163.06||Dividend yield||3.53%|
|200-day MA||$163.89||Market Cap||314.85B|
CVX Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CVX POWR Grades
- Momentum is the dimension where CVX ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 99.42% of US stocks.
- CVX's strongest trending metric is Stability; it's been moving up over the last 177 days.
- CVX ranks lowest in Value; there it ranks in the 3rd percentile.
CVX Stock Summary
- CHEVRON CORP's market capitalization of $310,485,534,849 is ahead of 99.52% of US-listed equities.
- CHEVRON CORP's stock had its IPO on January 1, 1986, making it an older stock than 93.16% of US equities in our set.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, CVX is more volatile than merely 5.45% of stocks we're observing.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to CVX, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are KO, HD, MA, LIN, and PG.
- Visit CVX's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.chevron.com.
CVX Valuation Summary
- CVX's price/sales ratio is 1.4; this is 22.22% lower than that of the median Energy stock.
- Over the past 243 months, CVX's EV/EBIT ratio has gone down 2.3.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for CVX.
CVX Growth Metrics
- Its 5 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 73.12%.
- Its 4 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 73.12%.
- Its 5 year revenue growth rate is now at 14.86%.
The table below shows CVX's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
CVX's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- CVX has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 72.57% of graded US stocks.
- CVX's asset turnover comes in at 0.504 -- ranking 49th of 137 Petroleum and Natural Gas stocks.
- MRO, BDCO, and TREC are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with CVX.
The table below shows CVX's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
Chevron Corporation (CVX) Company Bio
Chevron engages in the petroleum, chemicals, and power and energy operations worldwide. The company operates in two segments, Upstream and Downstream. The company was founded in 1879 and is based in San Ramon, California.
CVX Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CVX Latest Social Stream
View Full CVX Social Stream
Latest CVX News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about CHEVRON CORP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CVX as an investment opportunity.
The Dow Jones Industrial Average, commonly known as the Dow, is an index comprised of 30 leading blue-chip stocks.
Plenty of potential for continued growth is the primary driver for those considering top oil stocks.
High-yield energy stocks are increasingly attractive as oil prices rise and provide income to investors through big dividends.
These energy stocks are not the best way to play the expected rise in crude oil and natural gas prices during the second half of 2023.
With geopolitical tensions, oil production reduction, and potential rate cuts in 2024, the oil outlook is bullish.
CVX Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|