General Motors Co. (GM): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
GM POWR Grades
- Value is the dimension where GM ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 87.04% of US stocks.
- GM's strongest trending metric is Value; it's been moving up over the last 47 weeks.
- GM's current lowest rank is in the Stability metric (where it is better than 25.79% of US stocks).
GM Stock Summary
- With a market capitalization of $74,792,810,794, General Motors Co has a greater market value than 96.42% of US stocks.
- For GM, its debt to operating expenses ratio is greater than that reported by 94.57% of US equities we're observing.
- Over the past twelve months, GM has reported earnings growth of 494.33%, putting it ahead of 95.36% of US stocks in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to General Motors Co, a group of peers worth examining would be F, UBS, ITW, SHW, and RELX.
- GM's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit General Motors Co's official web site, go to www.gm.com.
GM Valuation Summary
- GM's price/sales ratio is 0.5; this is 83.87% lower than that of the median Consumer Cyclical stock.
- Over the past 131 months, GM's price/sales ratio has gone up 0.1.
- GM's price/sales ratio has moved up 0.1 over the prior 131 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for GM.
GM Growth Metrics
- Its year over year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at -1.73%.
- The 4 year price growth rate now stands at -32.98%.
- Its year over year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 90.61%.
The table below shows GM's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
GM's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- GM has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 46.53% of graded US stocks.
- GM's asset turnover comes in at 0.585 -- ranking 46th of 69 Automobiles and Trucks stocks.
- DAN, VC, and WGO are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with GM.
The table below shows GM's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
GM Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
GM Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$51.42||52-week high||$64.30|
|Prev. close||$51.52||52-week low||$28.24|
|Day high||$51.93||Avg. volume||19,367,859|
|50-day MA||$52.96||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$53.85||Market Cap||74.65B|
General Motors Co. (GM) Company Bio
General Motors Company is an American multinational corporation that designs, builds, and sells cars, trucks, and automobile parts. GM was founded in 1908 by William C. Durant and has over 155,000 worldwide employees, of which 85,000 reside in the United States. The company also provides automotive financing services through General Motors Financial Company, Inc. GM operates over 120 manufacturing facilities and 4,200 dealerships in the United States. Headquartered in Detroit, Michigan, the company’s vehicle brands include Chevrolet, Buick, Cadillac, and GMC. Mary T. Barra serves as GM’s Chair of the Board and has been the Chief Executive Officer since January 15, 2014.
Most Popular Stories View All
GM Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
GM Latest Social Stream
View Full GM Social Stream
Latest GM News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about General Motors Co that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate GM as an investment opportunity.
An updated alert for Chevy Bolt owners: General Motors now recommends you park your car at least 50 feet away from other vehicles.
General Motors also said it was cutting production at six other North American assembly plants because of the ongoing semiconductor chips shortage
General Motors says some Chevy Bolt EV and Bolt EUV owners should park their vehicles at least 50 feet away from other cars and only park on the top floor of parking garages due to reports of fires. In some circumstances, the batteries supplied to GM for these vehicles may have two manufacturing defects  The post GM To Chevy Bolt Owners: Park 50 Feet From Other Cars appeared first on Breaking911 .
General Motors will extend a shutdown of a Michigan assembly plant to mid-October in the aftermath of a new recall of its Chevrolet Bolt electric vehicles over battery issues.
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration needs some extra help with its investigation into Teslas Autopilot system. Reuters reports that the agency sent letters to General Motors (GM), Toyota, Volkswagen, and Ford with questions as it conducts a comparative analysis with other production vehicles equipped with the ability to control both steering and braking/accelerating simultaneously 
GM Price Returns