General Motors Co. (GM): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
GM Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$33.29||52-week high||$43.63|
|Prev. close||$32.41||52-week low||$30.33|
|Day high||$33.49||Avg. volume||14,913,146|
|50-day MA||$33.80||Dividend yield||1.11%|
|200-day MA||$36.85||Market Cap||46.28B|
GM Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
GM POWR Grades
- GM scores best on the Value dimension, with a Value rank ahead of 90.5% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for GM is in Momentum, which has been heading up over the past 179 days.
- GM's current lowest rank is in the Stability metric (where it is better than 38.78% of US stocks).
GM Stock Summary
- With a market capitalization of $44,873,186,548, GENERAL MOTORS CO has a greater market value than 95.15% of US stocks.
- For GM, its debt to operating expenses ratio is greater than that reported by 92.44% of US equities we're observing.
- With a price/sales ratio of 0.28, GENERAL MOTORS CO has a higher such ratio than just 9.81% of stocks in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to GENERAL MOTORS CO, a group of peers worth examining would be F, VOD, GIS, KHC, and KDP.
- Visit GM's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.gm.com.
GM Valuation Summary
- GM's price/earnings ratio is 4.9; this is 63.43% lower than that of the median Consumer Cyclical stock.
- GM's price/sales ratio has moved down 0.1 over the prior 152 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for GM.
GM Growth Metrics
- Its 3 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 8.82%.
- Its year over year price growth rate is now at -32.86%.
- Its year over year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at -2.13%.
The table below shows GM's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
GM's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- GM has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 26.79% of graded US stocks.
- GM's asset turnover comes in at 0.549 -- ranking 45th of 68 Automobiles and Trucks stocks.
- DAN, LEA, and VC are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with GM.
The table below shows GM's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
GM Price Target
For more insight on analysts targets of GM, see our GM price target page. And for a list of of all stocks sorted by upside potential based on analyst target price, see our Top Price Target page.
|Average Price Target||$69.83||Average Broker Recommendation||1.33 (Strong Buy)|
General Motors Co. (GM) Company Bio
General Motors Company is an American multinational corporation that designs, builds, and sells cars, trucks, and automobile parts. GM was founded in 1908 by William C. Durant and has over 155,000 worldwide employees, of which 85,000 reside in the United States. The company also provides automotive financing services through General Motors Financial Company, Inc. GM operates over 120 manufacturing facilities and 4,200 dealerships in the United States. Headquartered in Detroit, Michigan, the company’s vehicle brands include Chevrolet, Buick, Cadillac, and GMC. Mary T. Barra serves as GM’s Chair of the Board and has been the Chief Executive Officer since January 15, 2014.
Most Popular Stories View All
GM Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
GM Latest Social Stream
View Full GM Social Stream
Latest GM News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about GENERAL MOTORS CO that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate GM as an investment opportunity.
3 Lithium Stocks to Buy in the Recent Correction
These are the undervalued lithium stocks to buy after correction, as these stocks can deliver multi-bagger returns.
One Surprising Automaker Could Be the Next Tesla
General Motors is preparing to launch the electric version of the Cadillac Escalade.
5 EV Stocks to Buy to Make You the Millionaire Next Door
If you want to be a millionaire, some of the best long-term investing opportunities rest with these five EV stocks to buy.
General Motor Ups EV Game, Announces Cadillac Escalade IQ
General Motors Co (NYSE: GM) plans to launch an all-electric version of its flagship Cadillac Escalade, Escalade IQ, later this year. The Escalade IQ will join Cadillac's electric vehicle portfolio, which includes LYRIQ and the impending CELESTIQ model. The move comes as a part of General Motors' plan to convert Cadillac into an electric vehicle brand by 2030. A Cadillac spokeswoman declined to comment, and analysts expect the vehicle to go into production and on sale as soon as next year, as pe
3 Top Buffett Stocks to Buy and Hold for the Long Haul
Warren Buffett's stock portfolio is one of the most scrutinized in the world. Each quarter there are several news stories about what the Oracle of Omaha purchased for his company Berkshire Hathaway (NYSE: BRK.A) (NYSE: BRK.B). Interest in this portfolio shouldn't be a surprise, considering Buffett's track record of success.
GM Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching GMHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on General Motors Co's stock as an investment opportunity:
General Motors Co (GM) Stock Price | Nasdaq
General Motors Co (GM) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
General Motors Co (GM) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch
Loading social stream, please wait...