Gap Inc. (GPS): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
GPS POWR Grades
- Momentum is the dimension where GPS ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 96.6% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for GPS is in Momentum, which has been heading up over the past 48 weeks.
- GPS ranks lowest in Stability; there it ranks in the 28th percentile.
GPS Stock Summary
- The capital turnover (annual revenue relative to shareholder's equity) for GPS is 5.5 -- better than 93.47% of US stocks.
- Gap Inc's stock had its IPO on July 23, 1987, making it an older stock than 91.56% of US equities in our set.
- GPS's price/sales ratio is 0.53; that's higher than the P/S ratio of only 10.74% of US stocks.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Gap Inc are TPR, HSIC, TTC, RPM, and SITE.
- GPS's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Gap Inc's official web site, go to www.gapinc.com.
GPS Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Consumer Cyclical stock, GPS's price/earnings ratio is 31.96% lower, now standing at 13.2.
- GPS's price/earnings ratio has moved down 9.1 over the prior 243 months.
- GPS's price/sales ratio has moved down 0.6 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for GPS.
GPS Growth Metrics
- Its 2 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at -192.98%.
- Its year over year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 243.21%.
- The 3 year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at 31.93%.
The table below shows GPS's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
GPS's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- GPS has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 83.54% of graded US stocks.
- GPS's asset turnover comes in at 1.198 -- ranking 115th of 164 Retail stocks.
- AEO, FL, and ZUMZ are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with GPS.
The table below shows GPS's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
GPS Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
GPS Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$23.28||52-week high||$37.63|
|Prev. close||$23.82||52-week low||$15.76|
|Day high||$24.23||Avg. volume||6,820,890|
|50-day MA||$27.46||Dividend yield||2.06%|
|200-day MA||$27.94||Market Cap||8.76B|
Gap Inc. (GPS) Company Bio
The Gap, Inc. operates as an apparel retail company worldwide. It offers apparel, accessories, and personal care products for men, women, and children under the Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, and Intermix brands. The company was founded in 1969 and is based in San Francisco, California.
Most Popular Stories View All
GPS Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
GPS Latest Social Stream
View Full GPS Social Stream
Latest GPS News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Gap Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate GPS as an investment opportunity.
Gap (GPS) looks promising on the back of brand strength, particularly in Old Navy and Athleta brands, solid online show, and Power Plan 2023. A raised fiscal view reflects optimism in the stock.
People have finally started spending on clothing and apparel, helping stocks of The Gap (GPS), Foot Locker (FL) and The TJX Companies (TJX).
The apparel giant has expanded its order fulfillment centers just in time to meet the uptick in consumer demand we can hope the holiday season will bring about. Like other retailers, Gap has recognized that e-commerce is here to stay, and it recently invested over $100 million to expand its fulfillment centers in Phoenix, Arizona, and Gallatin, Tennessee. In fact, Gap has been using artificial intelligence solutions and robotic technologies in its fulfillment centers in an effort to speed up order processing.
We have narrowed down our search to seven retailers with strong potential for the rest of 2021. These are: FL, GPS, BBY, ULTA, M, KSS and RH.
The move will see the two firms form a joint venture, with 51% owned by Next and 49% by Gap.
GPS Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|